• Published 29th Oct 2022
  • 681 Views, 32 Comments

The Twilit Tower - Fresh Coat



Empty roadways after dark. Rooms void of furniture and life, with only ghosts lingering where warmth once was. In the space between spaces, there is a tower. Ponies come there, when they need to. And the tower…it helps them to see.

  • ...
1
 32
 681

The Hermit — Chapter I

The building is a constant.

It’s easy to forget that, sometimes, with how often it changes. When the room you just left isn’t there anymore, it’s easy to think that the building is fickle, random, or chaotic.

But I know it’s not. The building is a law, as unshakable as gravity. Everything happens here for a reason, even if you can’t understand it. Even if the reasons are wrong. Even if they hurt ponies.

I do what I can to prevent that last part. I suppose you could call me a caretaker of sorts, for a building that doesn’t need any taking care of. At least, not in the usual way.

Today the building is a Tower. Don’t ask me how I know that without going outside. But it means that a decision has been made. A point has been reached. And a new visitor is finally here.

This one is important. More than our usual guests. I hope everything goes right this time.