• Published 16th Oct 2022
  • 626 Views, 47 Comments

Guardians of Harmony: Nightmare on Halloween Street - Postwarmonkey50



Join the Mane 6 and their husbands as they embark to attend a holiday of a lifetime.

  • ...
2
 47
 626

Chapter 6: Come Forth

The kids were frightened and felt like they were backed into a corner. They were surrounded by many unknown creatures, all aiming their weapons at them. Though to be fair, they felt like they were intruding the place. They suddenly heard a loud yelp and fell beside them, which startled the humans and surprised the kids.

“Flamethrower?” said Bolt Jr. in a confused tone.

“What in Equestria are you doing here?” said a surprised Crystal Gem.

“I followed you guys when you suddenly left town,” said Flamethrower, “So I followed you and wondered where you were.”

“Aunt Emily is going to kill you when she finds out you wandered off!” said Peacon.

“And if you think our mom was scary when she got depressed, wait till you face aunt Emily.” Said Lemon Pie whilst she and Peacon trembled just thinking it.

Moonlight instantly grabbed Flamethrower and shielded him from the creatures.

“Who are you?!” said one of the humans loudly, “How did you find this place?!”

Moonlight however, took another look on the person’s face. She squinted her eyes and took a closer look. When she noticed their eyes, she saw that there wasn’t a single creature with that kind of eyes or bone feature. However, there was one that she recognized, causing her to slowly widen her eyes when she realized what they were.

“These people,” said Moonlight slowly, then looked to the others and said “They’re human.”

“What?!” exclaimed the kids, whilst the creatures, eh, humans, were startled and surprised to hear this.

“They know what humans are?” said one of them to the other.

“Say, now that you mention it,” said the other, “Some of them have human features. And some of them also look like humans.”

One of the humans, removed his hood. And whoa to behold, he truly is. The rest did the same, which surprised Moonlight and the others.

The leader walked over to the kids and was in front of Moonlight. He bent over and looked at her right in the eyes.

“Who are you young one?” asked the human.

“Um…” said Moonlight as she was greatly nervous, “My name is Moonlight Sparkle. Daughter of Princess Twilight Sparkle, and Beau, whose name is Thomas Rohan, descendant of Achilles Rohan.”

The humans were startled, shocked and taken by surprise when they murmured among themselves. One of the humans went over and stood on knee level with Moonlight. He looked at her right in the eyes, as if suspecting something. Moonlight felt a bit nervous the way he was staring. Once he was done, he took a deep breath and sighed, then looked to the leader.

“She’s speaking the truth.”

The leader took another look at the group, then said to them, “Follow me.”

The leader turned around, allowing the kids to follow them, with the rest of the humans following suit. However, unknown to them, another assailant jumped in whilst looking around. The moment he saw the kids, he quickly went after them, but from the shadows.

The kids continued to follow the humans towards the location of where their elders were.

“I have to say,” said Moonlight to the leader as she looked around, “The design of the place is amazing. I never figured that anything can be built from down here.”

“It is,” said the leader, “When we got here, we built this city underground, but we also had to build places where we could store our food, even grow them if need be.”

“Still, it’s very impressive.” Said Moonlight, “You could stand to teach another town a thing or two of building something like this.”

“We get by.”

As they walked through the underground city, many of the citizens were staring at Moonlight and the others in shock. Whilst some were curious, some were also a little scared.

“Uh…I’m getting a little uncomfortable having everyone stare at us.” Said Warm Breeze, with Comfy hugging her brother, feeling the same.

“Apologies,” said one of the humans, “They’re not used to any newcomers, especially from above.”

Very soon, all of them arrived at the elder’s hut.

“Wait here,” said the leader as he walked in. He talked for a few minutes, until finally, he popped back out and said “You may enter.”

Moonlight and the kids entered the house, with them being surprised to see how decorative it was on the inside. And straight ahead, was the elder, whilst being accompanied by a Captain, who one could tell has a distrustful look on his face.

“The Commander, Zane, said that you are the daughter of the one who is the descendant of Achilles Rohan.” Said the Elder as he looked at her, “Is this true?”

“It is.” Said Moonlight.

“And how is it possible, that the Rohan family, had returned after all this time?” said the Elder.

“After when the Rohan family left,” said Moonlight, remembering what he father told her, “They had some difficult times trying to survive. But by the time my father was born, both his parents have completely squandered the Rohan name, even disgraced their legacy.”

The elder had a concerned look on his face, but Moonlight continued.

“After my father left the family, he drowned in a whirlpool and somehow, he found his way to Equestria. That’s when he met my mother, Princess Twilight. The two of them bonded overtime and they both developed romantic feelings towards one another. They soon gave birth to me after that. And I wasn’t the only one. There were more humans arriving in Equestria, and each had children of their own.”

She motioned to the kids behind them, making them wave nervously, well, except for the Pie twins.

“But as time went by,” said Moonlight, “They discovered that Caribouria needed help, so my father and his friends went over there to help. Somehow, they learned of their heritage, passed their trials and became the Knights of Harmony.”

“Ha!! Blasphemy!!” said the Captain, not trusting them. “There is no way the child speaks the truth.”

“She speaks the truth!!”

The elders, Captain, guards and the kids all turned to the entrance. And standing there was none other than Beau, which surprised some of the humans in the room.

“Dad!!” exclaimed Moonlight, happy to see her father.

“Uncle Beau?!” said Flamethrower, “What are you doing here?!”

Beau moved a bit forward and stood close to the kids, saying “I saw you kids wander off in another direction and out of the city. I was worried so I followed you. Although…I didn’t expect a certain half dragon being out all the way here, despite what his mother told him.”

Flamethrower giggled nervous at that.

“Intruder!!” shouted the Captain as he drew his sword, “You will pay for setting foot here!!”

The Captain attempted to strike Beau down, however, the moment the Captain was close, Beau pulled out a sword and blocked the Captain’s attack, which shocked every human in the room, for what he was holding, was none other than the Sword of Achilles, to which every human could recognize.

“But that line was lost forever.” Said the Captain.

Within a split second, Beau grabbed the Captain’s neck, making the Captain gasp for air as Beau held his grip onto him.

“It has been re-found.” Said Beau before he shoved the Captain away, whilst the Captain himself was just as shocked by what he had seen.

The elder on the other hand, slowly stood up and approached Beau. He held onto Beau’s face and took a good look at him. Seeing the face and the eyes, the Elder widened his eyes in shock, then slowly took two steps backwards and said “It is true…The descendant of the House of Rohan, has returned.”

Everyone in the room were surprised as murmurs were heard, even from the outside.

“Please, enter,” said the Elder, “We have much to discuss.”

“Yeah, we do.” Said Beau, “But first thing’s first.”

He turned around and had a very stern look on his face, “What were you lot thinking, sneaking off out of the city like that?! If your moms or dads had realized you were gone…”

“We didn’t mean to wander Mr. Beau,” said Apple Slice, “Moonlight was the one who wandered off and we followed her.”

Beau looked at Moonlight, then walked over to her whilst standing on both of his knees, “What possessed you into going off like that?”

“I’m sorry dad,” said Moonlight, “But whilst we were on tour, I felt a pull.”

“A pull?”

“A magical pull to be exact.” Said Moonlight, “I felt something and I followed it. I couldn’t explain why. It just…called to me.”

Beau was concerned, but also intrigued. If she could feel its pull like that, then that would mean she also has a purpose in fate. Once that was done, Beau turned around and faced the Elders. He sat on his knees near him to speak to him.

“Now then,” said Beau “I’m sure all of you have questions. But here’s mine. The humans all left this world long ago, how can there still be humans living in this world?”

The Elder was in thought, then spoke to him.

“Long ago, after the great battle had been won against the Legion of Monsters,” said the Elder, “Many humans had faced backlash from other creatures, thinking that it was our fault that everything fell apart in the first place. So many humans had no choice but to leave this world and start over in a new one, and would in time be forgotten. However, Achilles Rohan, felt what they did was not fair, so before he too was forced to leave, he left a large group of people to the House of Rohan, and said that when his descendant would finally return, humanity might return to the world once more.”

The kids were surprised to hear this, even Beau when he heard the story.

“Once he left,” said the Elder, “Our people began to construct a large underground city. Soon it amassed over a million so far, and in time, made it more livable and ensure that we would survive.”

“I see,” said Beau as he closed his eyes, he then looked at them and said “What happened wasn’t humanity’s fault. Humanity, even the Knights were betrayed by our own.”

Some in the room, even the Elder was surprised.

“What, do you mean?” asked the leader of the group, the one who escorted the children to the shelter.

“A group of Knights from the kingdom of Cunabula betrayed us to Grogar and his Legion of Monsters,” said Beau, which surprised the Elder and the others, “They also spread lies among the other creatures. So far, after they betrayed us, no one has heard from them since, but we haven’t forgotten.”

“I see.” Said the Elder, “But did the Rohan family legacy live well?”

Beau didn’t know how to answer that, until.

“He didn’t I’m afraid.” Said Moonlight, gaining their attention.

“What do you mean, child?” asked the Elder.

Moonlight took a breath and explained things to them.

“During their time in the other world, the descendants of the House of Rohan had squandered its name. My father’s mother kept working and his father. They didn’t even tell him their legacy, because they thought it was all make-belief and fairy tales. My father may have the training, but he soon left when he didn’t want anything to do with them anymore.”

Some of them, even the Elder was surprised by the state of the Rohan family, that they would throw away their legacy just like that.

“One day when my father was swimming at the lake,” said Moonlight “My father drowned and somehow ended up in Equestria. That’s when he met my mother, Princess Twilight Sparkle. The two became close and fell in love. They got married and I soon came to be. But my father wasn’t the only human who got here.”

The Elder was surprised by what she had said, “Overtime, more and more humans arrived in Equestria after they died too. Hence why my friends here have human features. My friends’ father, and Flamethrower’s mom were humans who all died after coming into this world. Then they fell in love and also got married and had kids later on.”

“Yeah, we couldn’t explain it,” said Beau after he chuckled, “It just sort of happened.”

Beau took over as he said “After seven years, a friend of ours from Caribouria named Balin, came to seek our help, but Ponykind couldn’t cross the border ever since the last king had forbidden any outsiders to come, even after the barrier spell, they put up. But the barrier didn’t count on humans considering that a single human had existed in this world, so the Friendship Map back home summoned myself and my friends and sent them to Caribouria. From there, we had learnt of our legacy and became the Knights of Harmony. After we saved Caribouria, we went back home. We thought we were at peace. Boy, we thought wrong.”

“What do you mean?” asked the Elder.

“A few months after we came back, the Storm King attacked.” Said Beau, who then partially looked down and said “We may have saved the kingdom, but unfortunately because of my wife’s actions, my friends distrusted her.”

“She tried to steal another kingdom’s artifact that could’ve caused another war and abused her friends’ trust when it came to saving the kingdom.” Said Moonlight, much to their shock.

“They may have forgiven her,” said Junior for the first time, but then had a saddened look, “But my father hadn’t, because there were people in his life who abused his trust before, hence why he had trust issues. But when Princess Twilight did that, it brought that feeling back again.”

“Yeah, that’s what happened.” Said Beau, then he continued with his story. “After that, we opened a school to teach others about friendship. We thought things would be normal, but a few new and unknown enemies plotted against us and whilst they lured our wives away, myself and my friends were captured. Before we thought we’d lose hope, a new group of Knights had arisen.”

The Elder and the people in the room were surprised once more.

“They are known as Platinum, Nebula, Chance, Mystic, Blade and Ignis.” Said Beau, “They freed us and together we defeated the ones who took us. By the time we had got back, our students had defeated the one responsible, who wanted to become ruler by taking their magic away. We captured her and sent her to Tartarus. But…not before…”

“Before what?” asked one of the people.

“Before the human named Chance came along, took a mace and bashed her head, giving her a pained concussion.” Said the Pie Twins, which shocked everyone.

“Why did he do that?” said the Captain, who had finally calmed down instead of being judgmental.

“The student uh…nearly banished Chance’s wife, Starlight Glimmer, to the Ether.”

“That’ll do it.” Said one of the humans, with everyone nodding in agreement.

“So far, things have been back to normal,” said Beau, “But we know that it won’t last. For as long as Lord Dainn is still out there, everyone will be in danger, and when he does, we’ll face him together.”

“I understand,” said the Elder as he stood up, “For now that the Descendant of the House of Rohan has finally returned, will you lead us again, like your ancestor before you?”

“I’d love nothing more,” said Beau, “But my place is in Equestria. But that doesn’t mean that I can’t help find humanity a home in this world.”

The Elder smiled and said “I can agree with that.”

Suddenly, the Elder groaned and held his forehead, same with Beau, causing many to look concerned.

“Elder, what’s wrong?” said the Captain.

“Daddy, what is it?” said Moonlight.

The Elder and Beau looked very worried.

“The inhabitants on the surface.” Said the Elder, “They are in danger.”

“We need to get topside, now.” Said Beau.

“Then may I make a suggestion?” asked the Elder. “It has also been foretold that if a Member of the House of Rohan has returned, then the humans would march alongside him.”

Beau nodded in agreement and said “Thank you. I would greatly appreciate that.”

****************************************************************************************************

Later that day, more of the husbands’ parents and siblings, minus Bucky and Daisy’s, have arrived. And as many hadn’t expected, they had come to greet them.

The human husbands and wife’s families had come and all of them were hugging them, and were excited with joy, to see them again.

“Ah don’t believe it, it’s a miracle there.” Said Applejack. However, she noticed the sad look in her husband’s face. She then came along and said “Ah’m sorry Sugarcube. Ah didn’t…”

“It’s okay.” Said Bucky, “My parents may have been abusive and weren’t here, but I can at least finally move on. Still…”

Bucky held onto her hand and looked at her whilst he said, “I’m lucky to have folks like you in my life.”

Applejack couldn’t help but smile at that, with her holding his hand back. “Ah feel the same way Sugarcube.”

When all of a sudden, they heard a loud crash, making the citizens panic. They saw many soldiers going one way, with Shining Armor calling out “What’s going on?!”

“We’re under attack!!” shouted the Caribou as he made his way towards the wall.

At the same time, right outside of the wall, as many began to prepare themselves, Eris stood there, with her armies behind her, whilst Mordred was standing right beside her.

“Oh, this is going to be fun.” Said Eris as she pointed her sword at the city, with the undead soldiers cheering.