• Published 16th Oct 2022
  • 625 Views, 47 Comments

Guardians of Harmony: Nightmare on Halloween Street - Postwarmonkey50



Join the Mane 6 and their husbands as they embark to attend a holiday of a lifetime.

  • ...
2
 47
 625

Chapter 4: Inner Turmoil

Whilst the royals were talking to Thorin and Lizzie, Everyone else continued to move around the city and all of them were really excited for the festivities.

“Oh, I’m so nerve-cited!!” exclaimed Pinkie Pie, “We get to celebrate an amazing holiday in another kingdom that we hope don’t get kicked out off!!”

“Cool your party instinct Pinkie,” said Frosty, “Remember, we still got a lot of planning ahead of us.”

“And we have to make sure that everything is perfect.” Said Twilight.

“Even in another kingdom, you’re still trying to stay organized.” Said a familiar voice.

The girls, husbands and kids turned around, and to their surprise, it was none other than Sunset, Ignis, Starlight, Chance, Trixie and Mystic, along with their kids.

“Sunset, Starlight, Trixie.” Said Twilight as she hugged the three girls in excitement. “What are you doing here?”

“We also got an invited to come here for their special holiday.” Said Ignis.

“And we heard through Beau and the others of how amazing Caribouria is, so we thought we’d come over and investigate.” Said Sunset.

“Indeed,” said Trixie, “The greatly and amazingly surprised Trixie could not imagine this place could be so beautiful.”

“And so rich with culture.” Said Starlight, “Makes be glad we came here.”

“But what about the school?” said Twilight.

“Apparently the school also got the invite.” Said Chance, “You can imagine how excited all of them had gotten.”

“Yeah,” said Ignis as he looked around a bit, “And this place reminds me of New Zealand.”

Some were confused by what he said, with Ignis saying “It’s another country in our home dimension.”

“There were even a few places that were recognizable.” Said Chance, “I remember going to this place about a month before I was diagnosed.”

“And seeing is that all of us are here,” said Trixie, “What are all of you doing here?”

“We were also invited for one of the holiday celebrations,” said Princess Twilight, “But King Thorin is a little shorthanded to help prepare for things, so he asked us if we could help out.”

“A wise idea,” said Trixie, “You girls always know how to organize a good party.”

“Hmmm,” said Sunset as she thought of something, “I wonder if we could provide entertainment for the city whilst we’re here.”

“Good idea,” said Starlight, “Trixie and I can provide the entertainment in the city.”

“Oh, Trixie agrees,” said Trixie, “A magic show during a spooky festivity is always enjoyable.”

“I wonder if I could ask the same group of ponies I bumped into a while back can help me to do a musical performance.”

“That is a sound plan.” Said Balin, who came over after he heard their conversation. “But wouldn’t it be better if you performed with your friends from the other world that you went to school with?”

The Mane 6 and Sunset were surprised by what Balin had said. “Wha…how did you…?!”

“Oh, what?” said Balin after he chuckled, “Just because we were at war with Dainn, didn’t mean we were unaware of what was going on.”

“You’d really think they’d come here?” asked Sunset.

“Why don’t you ask them yourself?” said Balin before he took a sidestep with a smirk.

To her surprise, she saw her friends, but wearing different attire, as all of them were amazed by what they were seeing all around them.

“Girls!!” exclaimed Sunset as she ran over to them.

The Rainbooms noticed Sunset running over and exclaimed in excitement, “Sunset!!”

The girls embraced one another with a group hug, with Sunset parting from them with a smile and said “What are you doing here?”

“Well whilst we were busy with our day jobs,” said EG Rainbow Dash, “Balin over here came and asked us if we could visit for the week. And seeing that it’s with you and we’d get a chance to explore this world more, how can we say no?”

“But wait,” said Sunset as she realized something, “What about back home? Won’t anyone miss you?”

“Our husbands are currently covering for us back at home so that no one would notice that we’d be gone for the weekend.” Said EG Twilight.

“And they’re currently looking after our kids so that we could have some friendship time with y’all.” Said EG Applejack.

“On and this is so exciting!!” exclaimed EG Rarity, “Going to this place is going to be a great inspiration for my next line.”

“And it would be perfect to see what kind of animals are here in Caribouria.” Said EG Fluttershy.

“Oh, this is so exciting!!” exclaimed EG Pinkie Pie, “We’re going to have a great time organizing a super awesome deluxe party palooza!!”

“And you’ll have all the help you’ll need right here.” Said Balin, “Now let’s get going. We do not wish to be late for any activities.”

“Oh, this is going to be so exciting!!” exclaimed Princess Twilight.

“I agree, it’s going to be so much fun!!” exclaimed EG Twilight.

Soon enough, the group began to go in different directions to help everyone organize the festival for the guests of Caribouria.

Pinkie and her human counterpart were busy at the largest bakery in town, which left them room for plenty of treats and cakes to make. Both Pinkie and her human counterpart continued to bake their cakes, with many others in tow as they too were eager to get things finished. At the same time, both Pinkie and EG Pinkie were busy taste testing the cakes to see if they are any good, which thankfully got a pass from both of the party planners.

Applejack and her counterpart were busy looking over the recipes for those that ate certain foods that can be edible to them. They tasted every single food and different recipes, even from different fruits like apples.

“So why are we tasting other fruit related foods too?” asked EG Applejack.

“Uh, Thorin kinda lectured me about not comparing fruits with others.” Said Applejack. “That and Lizzie told us that ever since their kingdom got freed from a tyrant, the people were struggling to rebuild and were all starving. So their first priority was to restore the farmlands and food supplies. And they can’t afford other farmers fighting over who has the best produce, cause if they do, then the people would face food shortages and the food crisis will be far worse than what the kingdom went through.”

EG Applejack was surprised to hear this, then said “Ah…ah had no idea.”

“Trust me, ah didn’t either.” Said Applejack, “Normally mah pride as a farmer would be hurt, but ah didn’t think about the folks who had a much harder time than most. So that’s why ah decided to put that aside…for the kingdom’s sake.”

EG Applejack smiled and said “Then let’s do it then…together.”

Both of them agreed and continued to help with the food as many others followed suit.

At the same time, both Rarity and her counterpart were busy going over the different fabrics and decorations, even the colors that could go with them.

“Now then,” said Rarity, “How should the colors go?”

“Could we not simply make our own?” asked EG Rarity.

“We do not wish to offend any creature darling,” said Rarity as she looked at her counterpart, “Caribouria takes their traditions very seriously. If we make one mistake, then we’d end up making every creature upset.”

“Oh dear, I did not realize that.” Said EG Rarity.

“It’s quite alright darling,” said Rarity, “Learned that lesson not too long ago. Now then, how do we make this perfect.”

“If you wish, I can help you out.” Said and elder, gaining their attention. “I remember what the festival was like before Dainn came along.”

The elder pulled out a few pictures and drawings whilst he showed them. “I remember like it was yesterday. Many of the colors that were well blended, the decorations that were well placed, especially the fabrics to help others work well with it. I’m sure you can use this to help others.”

Both Rarity and her counterpart gasped, as Rarity said “This…is…perfect.”

“We shall get to work at once.” Said her counterpart before the two of them rushed off to help organize the whole event.

The elder smiled as he watched them work whilst saying “You would love the festival again sister. I hope the newcomers would do you proud.”

From the skies, both Rainbow Dash and her counterpart were flying around, trying to help the weather teams set everything up. They even added a few dark clouds and lightning storms above to bring a scary, but not too scary vibe along the way.

“This is amazing!!” said EG Rainbow Dash “Who’d thunk that we would make the best vibe for a scary party.”

“And the best part of a scary party.” Said Rainbow Dash with a smirk as she grabbed a random cloud “Pulling the best pranks.”

Before EG Rainbow could agree, they heard a loud coughing noise, causing them to look down. To their shock, they saw Dwalin, looking at them with a stink eye and crossed arms whilst saying “Don’t even think about it.”

He walked away to oversee security. Rainbow and her counterpart looked at one another nervously as Rainbow said “On second thought, let’s finish with the decorations.”

“Ditto.” Said EG Rainbow as the two of them quickly got back to work.

At the same time, both Twilight and her counterpart were going over two of the checklists of what will go where.

“This is very exciting.” Said EG Twilight, I never had a chance to explore this world before. Well, except for that time at Ponyville during the Spring Break disaster.”

“That’s okay,” said Princess Twilight whilst she looked at her counterpart, “All of you got there by accident and that the Storm King’s storm magic was the cause of it.”

“But I still can’t believe my Rainbow Dash ruined our Spring Break because of her obsession.” Said EG Twilight.

“That’s okay,” said Princess Twilight, “it could happen to anyone.”. She suddenly had a saddened look on her face and said “At least she didn’t lose your trust.”

EG Twilight was confused by her sudden tone, and asked “What do you mean?”

“N…never mind.” Said Princess Twilight in a nervous tone, “We’ll talk later.”

She went to the next group on the list, with EG Twilight knowing that they would need to talk about this soon.

**********************************************************************************************

Whilst they were taking a quick break, Shining Armor and Blade were helping others organize security, the Rainbooms and Mane 6 decided to take a break from their planning.

“So,” said EG Twilight out of curiosity, “What did you mean by losing trust?”

Princess Twilight sighed and said “It was during the Storm King invasion. Whilst we thought Beau and Moonlight were dead, my friends’ husbands quickly left for the other kingdoms to ask for their help, whilst Bolt kept an eye on us to ensure that we’d be safe. We went to Mt. Aris to ask Queen Novo for help, but she refused. Then I asked Pinkie to convince them, but I thought she was going to fail and backfire on us like it did with Rainbow and Rarity, so I tried to steal her pearl.”

The Rainbooms were surprised to hear this.

“What were you thinking Twilight.” Said Sunset, “You of all ponies should’ve known that it would’ve caused another war.”

“I was desperate, okay?!” exclaimed the princess.

“That still ain’t a good excuse for what y’all did.” Said EG Applejack, “Y’all could’ve been more patient and tried to trust yer friends despite yer faults.”

Princess Twilight looked down in shame and said “I wish I did trust them more.”, then said “Before I could explain, that’s when Bolt showed up. He blamed me for my actions and that I should’ve made an attempt to trust them. But then again, I didn’t trust them again after that whole business with the fake Cadance.”

Once more they were surprised again, with the rest of the Mane 6 looking down in guilt.

Princess Twilight continued and said “And Bolt was right, I acted like a nitwit and a psychopath and that my friends had a hard time trusting me whenever I do this. And he was also right that it wasn’t their job to make my presence and worries known and that I needed to learn to communicate more.”

She looked down and sighed, saying “And I ended up being no better than Discord, Chrysalis and Tirek. Our argument ended up being out of line and…I ended up shooting my magic through his chest.”

The Rainbooms were shocked to hear this.

“I did miss the vital organs,” said Princess Twilight, “But I still wounded him. Both physically and mentally. And he told me that I could blame others all you want, but at some point, in my life I had to take responsibility, for my own actions.”

She wiped a tear away and said “He also told me that he learned, in his own words, that I was nothing but a little bitch who will never be satisfied with anything, even with perfection. And…that’s when he lost my friendship and trust that day.”

“And it wasn’t just Bolt,” said Applejack with a hint of sadness in her voice, “Mah husband lost all trust in her too. Same with Silver, Genus and Frosty.”

“And Nebula told us that everything happened that day.” Said Rarity, with her own voice in sadness too, “That broken buildings and broken bones, they can be easily fixed. But broken friendships, broken trust, that would take a much longer time.”

“And even after we built the School of Friendship,” said Fluttershy, “Our husbands still wouldn’t trust her, not after what she did. Beau and Emily were able to convince our husbands to trust her, but Bolt refused, because he didn’t want to place his trust in someone who was going to fall on her old habits again.”

The Rainbooms were once again shocked to hear this.

“What the heck?” said EG Rainbow Dash, “Why can’t Bolt just forgive her already. I mean what happened to him that was so bad?”

“You can thank his father and Dr. Paradigm for that.”

They all turned around and saw Beau coming in.

“How do you know what’s wrong with him?” asked Spike.

“He told me.” Said Beau. “He made me promise not to say anything,” said Beau, until he smirked and said “But he never made me Pinkie Promise.”

Pinkie Pie and her counterpart giggled at that, with both of them saying “Big mistake.”

“What did those two do to them?” asked EG Applejack.

“The reason he’s always having a hard time trusting is because of both his father and the man who ruined his cousin’s business.”

They were a little surprised to hear this, but allowed him to speak.

“Bolt’s father was abusive towards his own child,” said Beau, “He didn’t even want him, for all he cared about was, ahem, boning his mother.”

The Rainbooms were disgusted to hear this.

“And whenever he was drunk,” said Beau, “Well let’s just say Bolt found out the hard way that a beer bottle can hurt worse than a fist.”

They were shocked to hear what Bolt’s father did to him.

“After when Bolt’s father got arrested, he didn’t trust any person who dated his mom because of it. Then after he went to college, his cousins took over their father’s college, because their great-grandfather was the one who founded the college and they made it their vow to be a family business.”

He looked away with his arms crossed and said “But all that changed when Dr. Paradigm came along.”

“Why?” asked Rarity, “What did he do?”

“He was once a respected genetic scientist who applied to work at the College to teach them. Until he was caught experimenting on the students there. Trying to use them as his pet subjects.”

All of them were shocked to hear this.

“Bolt and his Cousins caught him.” Said Beau, “After that, the cousins, along with the board, voted that he was unworthy to teach there ever again. At first things were back to normal. Until a few weeks later, Dr. Paradigm personally burnt the entire place to the ground.”

All of them were speechless and didn’t have the words to say anything, even Princess Twilight and Rainbow Dash.

“When he set the university on fire, his cousins lost everything that day. Everything they and their dad had built was reduced to ash, all because they disagreed with the Doctor’s methods when experimenting on innocent people and animals who didn’t have a say in anything. Everyone knew that it was Dr. Luther Paradigm who destroyed the place, but they couldn’t make the evidence stick despite there being witnesses. Afterwards, his cousins were left with nothing and had to start a new business again.”

He looked at the others, and sometimes glanced at his wife. “And as you can see. Sometimes such events can have a major effect at a person’s psyche.” Said Beau. “When Bolt first came to Equestria, he felt like he could finally let go of his past and start off fresh and a new life. But ever since a certain pony displayed that same kind of mistrust at Mt. Aris, all that feeling he repressed all those years had resurfaced. And now because of that pony, he’s now back at that habit again.”

Princess Twilight looked down and covered her face with her hands in guilt, not realizing that because of her actions at Mt. Aris, caused Bolt to have those kinds of feelings of mistrust. It’s no wonder he didn’t want to give her a chance again, not after the many mistakes she made in the past and that Bolt would think that she would make those same mistakes again.

“But…” said Sunset as she looked at Beau in concern, “Isn’t there anything we can do to help him?”

“We tried.” Said Beau, “But no matter how hard we tried, he still falls into those habits and he doesn’t want to listen to anyone of us either. That’s why the moment we get back, I’m going to ask Dr. Wolf if he can help out. Seeing that he’s the only one that can reach out to others, even at the stubborn ones. We hoped he would’ve listened, but no matter how hard we tried, he’s not listening to everyone, not even Rainbow and Junior. But then again what his father and Paradigm, even my wife did hurt and betrayed him more than anyone else could. No one can see it, because he didn’t want them to.”

“But y’all can?” said Applejack with a flexed eyebrow.

“Yes,” said Beau, “Because I know what it’s like when the people you love, don’t believe in you. When they let you walk away. Remember how hard it was for him to trust us when he first met us?”

Everyone looked down and pondered about it, for what Beau said, he did have a point. They were suddenly interrupted by a large crowd going excited as one of them ran by.

“Come on, come on,” said a kid, “The race is going to start soon!!”

Some were confused by what was going on. Beau walked up to another Caribou child and asked “Excuse me, young man? What’s going on?”

“The Raidon Race is going to start soon!!” said the child in excitement and ran off.

Curious, everyone stopped taking their break and walked over to where the crowd was going. To their surprise, they were large beasts that no one has ever seen before and few were going to ride them.

“Whoa, what’s all this?” asked Rarity.

“That there, milady,” said a Caribou whilst watching the beasts, “Is the beasts being prepared for the Raidon Race. The goal of the race is to race around the capitol, with a total of three laps to go. And the one who crosses the finish line, wins.”

At first, they were excited to see the race. However, a certain members from the group of friends have that look in their eyes and looked at one another.

“Oh no.” said Bucky as he can’t believe what was going to happen.

“Here we go again.” Said Frosty whilst rolling his eyes.

“You wanna race?!!” said Rainbow Dash with competitiveness in her.

“Yer on!!” said Applejack.

“Hey, don’t forget about me!!” said EG Rainbow Dash.

“Same here!!” said EG Applejack as she got excited too.

The four of them immediately rushed over to participate in the race. Everyone else groaned when they saw them go off like that.

“And here I thought they grew up.” Said EG Twilight in a deadpanned tone.

“Oh they have,” said Sunset, “But they’re still competitive no matter what they do in life.”

Bucky sighed and said “Well, I’m down for the contest. I’ll go fetch Bolt.”

Bucky left to find Bolt and tell him of the contest.

Princess Twilight looked around and wondered something out loud. “Where did Beau go?”

“Oh, he went to find the kids and have them join us.” Said Pinkie Pie.

**************************************************************************************************

At the same time, whilst on the other side of the city, Moonlight, Apple Slice, Crystal Gem, Warm Breeze and Cozy Breeze, Bolt Jr., Peacon and Lemon Pie, along with Searing Shimmer, decided to go explore to see what else the city had to offer.

“This is a-mazing!!” said Crystal Gem in excitement.

“All the animals.” Said Warm Breeze.

“The great food.” Said Apple Slice.

“And the great tasty baked goods.” Said the Pie twins.

“So what are we waiting for, let’s go!!” said Bolt Jr.

Just as he wanted to dash off, he felt something tugging him, making him fall on his rump. He looked back and saw Cozy Breeze was the one holding her down.

“Uh-uh,” said Cozy Breeze, “Junior, stay.”

“Cozy’s right.” Said Moonlight with a huff tone, “We’re trying to keep a schedule, remember?”

“She’s right you know,” said Searing Shimmer to a pouting Bolt Jr. “We have plenty of time to look around, so let’s not go overboard. Or do you want a repeat of what happened at Van Hoover last year?”

“Hey!! That squirrel had it coming!!” exclaimed Jr.

“Will you just let that go already!!” shouted Warm Breeze, “The Squirrel said he was sorry, but you ended up antagonizing it, even after you were already even with them.”

“Pff, whatever.” Mumbled junior as he grumbled and walked.

However, as they walked, Moonlight suddenly felt some kind of magic pulse, making her stop within an instant, which surprised the rest of her friends as she just stopped right there.

Moonlight slowly turned her head to the right as if something had caught her attention. She kept her gaze at that direction, whilst her eyes were slowly glowing purple at the same time. She turned to that direction and walked towards where the source of the magic is coming from. The rest however, were greatly concerned.

“Moonlight, where are you going?!” said Searing Shimmer.

The kids soon followed suit and tried to catch up with her, and trying to snap her out of whatever is happening. This however, didn’t go unnoticed. For the husband of the Princess of Friendship, whilst he was searing, spotted the kids going to another direction, and not going or joining the festivities.

“Where the heck are they going?” said Beau.

He soon quickly followed suit, trying to catch up with them. But little did they know, that whatever is happening has only just begun.