• Published 16th Oct 2022
  • 625 Views, 47 Comments

Guardians of Harmony: Nightmare on Halloween Street - Postwarmonkey50



Join the Mane 6 and their husbands as they embark to attend a holiday of a lifetime.

  • ...
2
 47
 625

Chapter 3: Welcome to New Carinthia

Soon enough, the airship had docked from the large spot that had been placed of the city. Soon, everyone began to depart and climbed off of the ship, where many guards were guiding them to where they needed to go. Thorin and Lizzie continued to guide everyone to the doors.

“Moonlight,” said Twilight, “Make sure you and your friends stay close to us at all times.”

“Okay mom.” Said Moonlight as she and her friends were staying close to their parents.

“And now,” said Thorin to everyone, “To what you’ve all been waiting for.”

The moment they opened the doors, the Princesses, the Mane 6, their kids and many Equestrians were in awe of what they were seeing. All of them saw many different citizens walking to and fro, going about their business, selling their products, many different kinds of children, the works.

Thorin turned to everyone and said “If you’d be so kind, we’d like to take you to our tailors.”

Some were confused by this, with Rainbow Dash asking, “How come?”

“Well, since all of you came to Caribouria,” said Thorin, “All of you have to look the part. For the old saying goes, one must learn to fit into culture, before venturing out to other places.”

Suddenly, Rarity gasped in delight and squealed, causing many to close their ears from the sound, then she said “Idea!!”

She immediately went to Thorin and said “Could I have some of your fabrics?!”

“I don’t see why not,” said Thorin, “I’d be very interest to see what you have in mind.”

Rarity again squealed in excitement and darted off towards to the tailor, with Crystal Gem in tow and great excitement. Lizzie then asked, “Does she know where she’s going?”

“I might have told her and Crystal where the Tailor shop was located the moment the capitol was designed.” Said Silver with a sheepish tone.

**********************************************************************************************

Not a moment too soon since Rarity and Crystal Gem had heard about it, they immediately rushed into the shop and, with permission, were able to begin making designs that everyone got to love. Pretty soon, everyone, civilian and royalty, had all looked the part as if they were born in Caribouria.

Thorin looked impressed and said “I’m amazed Rarity. Silver really wasn’t exaggerating about your talent and skill. You truly are a natural, for you made clothes that not even our top designers could think of.”

“Naturally darling.” Said Rarity as she flipped her hair.

“I have to admit,” said Crystal in excitement, “I never imagined that a place like this could have so much inspiration.”

Before they knew it, every citizen in New Carinthia took notice and were amazed by what they saw. Soon there were murmurs and excitements that they wish they could have clothing like this too.

“Oh my,” said Rarity, “I didn’t think it could catch on this fast.”

“Not to worry,” said Silver, “I’m sure if the other Tailors in the city pitch in, they might help.”

Soon enough, everyone was dressed for the occasion, and all of them were happy and excited.

“I think you made a very good impression.” Said Lizzie, with Rarity giggling in agreement.

“Now then,” said Thorin, “Shall we go to the Citadel to show you around?”

Everyone agreed and left for the palace.

***************************************************************************************************

Thorin began to lead them to the palace. But to their surprise, waiting for them were some old friends of theirs. Dragon Lord Ember, Thorax, Pharynx, Prince Rutherford, Queen Novo, Admiral Sky Beak, and Grandpa Gruff. And among them was also Rain Shine.

“Whoa,” said Princess Twilight, “This is a surprise, I didn’t expect to see all of you here too.”

“Well, when we got invited, there was no way we could turn it down.” Said Thorax.

“I know,” said Dragon Lord Ember, “I can’t believe that this was where all of our kingdoms first came from.”

“Indeed so.” Said Prince Rutherford, “Yak surprised to see many of our kin here, but all of them also different from us yaks and creatures.”

“It feels strange,” said Queen Novo as she saw a handful of Hippogriffs walk by, but not her own kind. “Seeing so many of our kinds here, and yet they don’t come from out kingdom.”

“It does feel that way doesn’t it.” Said Lizzie.

“But don’t worry, you’ll get used to it.” Said Thorin whilst he gestured the guards to open the gates for them, which they did, allowing them to enter inside.

Once they entered the palace, all of them were surprised to see how this place looked like, especially the décor.

“Oh my, this is so fascinating.” Said Rarity.

“You’ve been here before honey, remember?” Said Silver. “Before my sister was going into labor?”

“Oh, I know that Silver darling.” Said Rarity, “Only we didn’t have the chance to explore this place further.”

“In case anyone else wonders,” said Beau as he turned to the leaders, “Back on my world, they used to have a place like this during ancient times. But back then everything was Viking and Norse themed.”

“I have to admit, it looks really impressive.” Said Rain Shine.

“Oh, I know right,” said Autumn Blaze, “The place is so beautiful, and festive, and decorative, and cultural, oh, the possibility is so endless.”

Twilight looked at her and had a big smile on her face. “Oh, I like her.” Said Princess Twilight, which caused Applejack and Fluttershy to roll their eyes with an amused smirk.

They soon arrived at a large room, where they saw a large scale model of the city. But at the same time, they heard the sound of laughter, which was revealed to be Silverbolt and Freya, with Rarity cooing when she saw them.

“Hello there little darlings.” Said Rarity, gaining the kids’ attention, which they recognized their aunt Rarity.

They ran over and gave her a hug, which she returned the gesture, even Crystal became excited and hugged her cousins.

“Alright now Silverbolt and Freya,” said Thorin, “Let’s give them some space, they just arrived here after all.”

The two kids immediately went over, allowing Thorin to pick Freya up, with Lizzie picking up Silverbolt.

“So according to your letter,” said Princess Celestia as she took a step forward. “You said you were planning a special holiday? What is it?”

“See it’s like this,” said Thorin once he held Freya, “Long ago there are three different holidays in Caribouria.”

“First there’s Valisblot,” said Lizzie, “Which is known as the Festival of a Thousand Hearts. Where every year, we would hold many celebrations and celebrate love to not just as lovers, but also as family, friends and our kingdom.”

“Oooh,” said Pinkie, “Sounds like my kind of holiday.”

“As well as Cadance.” Said Blade. Then had a sheepish tone whilst saying “As long as she doesn’t get too stir crazy over it.”

Cadance blushed in embarrassment upon hearing that, with everyone else confused by it as Shining Armor said “Long story.”

“Then there’s Alfblot,” said Thorin, “Basically it’s like Equestria’s Nightmare Night and Humanity’s Halloween, as well as Día de los Muertos, to remember our departed loved ones.”

Some were surprised and looked at one another, thinking that it was a thoughtful holiday.

“And finally,” said Lizzie, “There’s Grackyule, which is sort of like Equestria’s Hearth’s Warming Eve.”

“Whilst it’s snowing everywhere,” said Thorin, remembering the holiday well. “Everyone gathers in one spot, creating an amusement themed city, made of ice using our runic magic. With decorations hung all over the place, with food stalls everywhere, tables for everyone to sit down and enjoy their food, whilst there are many contests that many citizens perform, whilst singing and crafting and so on. Then all of us would take our gifts and place them under the largest tree in all of Caribouria. Once that’s done, we continue the celebration for a few hours, then afterwards, we give our gifts to our loved ones, whilst at the same time, we celebrate the holiday with our reindeer cousins.”

Everyone looked amazed and surprised and were suddenly excited for a holiday like that.

“At the moment,” said Lizzie as she walked to the east side of the city model, “We’re going to celebrate Alfblot. We want to get started, only problem was, we don’t know where to start.”

Rarity suddenly squealed in excitement, and said “This would also be the perfect chance to celebrate something spectacular.”

“Wait, are you sure?” asked Thorin, “The last thing I wanted was to was to ask you to help me with this, I mean you are my guests after all.”

“Oh, it’s no problem.” Said Princess Twilight, “We are more than willing to help.”

Both Thorin and Lizzie smiled, with Thorin walking over and shaking their hand. “Thank you. You have no idea how much this means to us.”

“So, what’s the plan?” said Applejack, determined to help.

“Let’s see,” said Lizzie as she went through a list that she was able to get together, “There are a few tasks on here and seeing that all of you are the professionals, we figured this would be up your alley.”

“And not to worry,” said Thorin “All of you won’t be alone, for there are many in this city who’d be more than willing to lend you their aid once all of you get started. I will even notify them and tell them that all of you are helping out.”

“Let’s see,” said Lizzie as she looked through bits and pieces of the list and handed each of them their responsibilities. “Fluttershy will be in charge of the animals that would help make this holiday very spectacular.”

“Yay.” said Fluttershy in a silent tone, even though she may be brave, she’s still sometimes not used to big crowds.

“Pinkie Pie will be in charge of all of the cakes and sweets for the festivities.”

“Yes!! I’m finally going to be in my element!!” exclaimed Pinkie Pie in excitement.

“Applejack will be in charge of all the food and cuisine for the festival.”

“Ah’m sure ah’ll be able to make the food here edible for many folks.” Said Applejack with confidence.

“Rarity will be in charge of decorations, considering her fine attention to detail.”

“Oh, this will truly be a treat.” Said Rarity as she got excited.

“Rainbow Dash will be in charge of the weather. We’ll need the skies being partially covered with clouds to add the atmosphere of the holiday.”

“Now that, I can do.” Said Rainbow with determination.

“And Twilight will help organize the whole event.” Said Lizzie to Twilight lastly.

“I’ll make sure everything is ready for the festivities.” Said Princess Twilight.

“Would it be alright if we helped with Security?” asked Shining Armor.

“The more help in this kingdom, the merrier.” Said Blade.

“I’d appreciate that.” Said Thorin, “Balin and Dwalin have been feeling a bit swamped lately. So in the meantime, whilst half of the family help the festivities, the other half can explore the city.”

“We can help with that.” Said Beau as he and the husbands, along with Emily, volunteered to help.

As they left, Thorin said “Princess Celestia. Could you, your sister, husbands and the other delegates stay. I would like to discuss a few things with you.”

Soon, everyone, minus Celestia, Luna, Cadance and the royals, all left to attend the festivities.

Thorin then had a show of concern on his face, then looked at them whilst saying “First of all, I wish to apologize for not sending any aid to help all of you against the Storm King. When he invaded, we wanted to help, but…”

“We understand,” said Princess Celestia, “You have just reclaimed your kingdom and it would not be wise to send any reinforcements.”

“Indeed,” said Princess Luna, “Not when your kingdom was in the process of trying to rebuilding itself.”

“Also,” said Thorin as he walked towards his throne and leaned against it. “I also hear that the Knight of Loyalty is having trust issues with Princess Twilight.”

Celestia, Cadance and Luna had dismal looks on their faces.

“I know Bolt had a rough childhood and he had just finally begun to trust someone again, but to have that one someone betray that trust.”

“Well, I can’t exactly blame him,” said Platinum, “Ever since the wedding debacle, she never trusted her friends again, not after the way they brushed her off like that.”

“Luna and I have been secretly trying to have her friends trust one another,” said Nebula, “But after what Twilight did back at Mt. Aris, and what she nearly did to Bolt, it caused the trust to be shattered.”

Thorin walked up to Celestia and had a disappointed look on his face.

“I am also very displeased,” said Thorin, “Not only did you fail your role in being a teacher, but you also didn’t do a better job at helping her.”

Celestia felt insulted and wanted to retort, until…

“He does have a point.” Said Lizzie.

She showed her a file, which had the picture, to her surprise, of Twilight on it. Celestia took it, opened it and read through it, which slowly shocked her whilst Lizzie spoke.

“When I looked through her file from what the Caribou had learned from her,” said Lizzie, “She’s a mentally unstable, and has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Which would explain a lot of things. You could’ve at least tried to teach her a different way, otherwise she wouldn’t be constantly trying to please you and that Sunset wouldn’t have walked down the path she had before.”

“I regretted not doing a better job at teaching my students.” Said Princess Celestia with a regretful tone. “I tried the best I could, but both of them were and always are extremely strong willed and balance constantly eludes them no matter how hard I tried to persuade them.”

“Princess Twilight may have done some good in the past,” said Thorin as he walked to the replica city on the table, “But she also needs to learn that there are consequences that would soon follow.”

“I know what you mean,” said Platinum, “Ever since Princess Twilight’s actions at Mt. Aris, all of the other leaders from all over the world were worried that she might do the same what she did at Mt. Aris, so I had to spend during the time of the School of Friendship’s construction to ensure that what she did wouldn’t happen again.”

“There’s also another reason I called you here.” Said Thorin as he walked over to his desk. “My spies told me that Lord Dainn was the one who sent the Storm King to attack Equestria.”

Naturally, everyone was surprised to hear this.

“But why would he send the Storm King?” asked Dragon Lord Ember.

“Ever since his defeat at Caribouria,” said Thorin, “He’s been going all over the world to gather the armies that have been hidden and that many of the corrupted leaders that owed their allegiance to him, hence why the Storm King attacked.”

“But where is he now?” aside Princess Cadance.

“We don’t know,” said Thorin, “They lost sight of him the moment he entered in Ornithia territory.”

“All we can hope for the best that he never shows,” said Princess Celestia, with the nobles agreeing.

“And seeing that our borders and trade are open once more,” said Thorin, “We should also focus on combining our forces in order for all of us to stand a better chance in the future.”

“Agreed.” Said Princess Luna, “Shall we get started?”

Everyone agreed and walked to another room.

**********************************************************************************************

Meanwhile, from within a gravesite, Eris walked up and held the sword in her hand, with Mordred beside her.

“Are you sure you know what you are doing?” asked a skeptical Mordred.

“I have been planning this for a long time.” Said Eris.

“Did you forget what happened the last time?” said Mordred.

“I am well aware of that.” Said Eris, “But this time I came prepared.”

She raised the sword in the air, causing it to cackle with electricity as it’s aura began to glow red and brighter. She casted it onto the ground, causing it to shake. And from within a split second, a dead hand popped up as if it had been trying to grasp onto something. One by one, more and more dead bodies began to pop up and raise themselves from the dead, causing them to rise, each bearing their own armor and weapons.

Eris couldn’t help but smirk and said “And now…the fun will soon begin.”