• Published 16th Oct 2022
  • 631 Views, 47 Comments

Guardians of Harmony: Nightmare on Halloween Street - Postwarmonkey50



Join the Mane 6 and their husbands as they embark to attend a holiday of a lifetime.

  • ...
2
 47
 631

Chapter 2: Air Travel

Shortly after their departure from Canterlot, the Caribourian airship, which they found out later was called the “Oak’s Shield”, took the passengers straight towards Caribouria, where Thorin had invited them for the festivities that he promised that they’ll love.

During the travels, whilst everyone was admiring the designs on every floor, the servants entertained the guests, serving them food, playing music and made sure that everyone was well entertained.

But on the top deck, everyone began to look out and enjoyed the view that was all around them. And from the top deck, the Mane 6, Celestia, Luna, Spike and their husbands and wife, along with Shining Armor, Blade and Princess Cadance, stood with Thorin on the top deck whilst watching the view.

“Really an amazing view, isn’t it?” asked Thorin.

“It sure is perdy.” Said Applejack.

“Who designed this ship?” asked Princess Celestia.

“After Dainn was banished, the restoration of Caribouria was taking a bit longer than they thought,” said Thorin “And seeing that one of our most important holidays were around the corner, I figured I could use it to help raise morale for everyone in Caribouria.”

“And seeing that the borders are opened to the world,” said Lizzie “We figured that every creature beyond its borders would see what Caribouria is about.”

“I think it’s a wonderful idea,” said Princess Celestia “Not only would it be wonderful celebrating another holiday, but in another kingdom too.”

“So what’s this one called?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“It’s called Alfblot.” Said Thorin. They were confused, but then he explained “It’s almost similar to Equestria’s Nightmare Night and Humanity’s Halloween, but different.”

“There are also similarities.” Said Lizzie “Like Equestria’s Nightmare Night and Humanity’s Halloween, where everyone dresses in costumes, children asking for candy and also have parties that help others mingle, but it’s also having a Mexican holiday theme, which is known as Día de Los Muertos.”

Needless to say, the humans among them were super excited about that, but the others were still confused by this.

“Uh, what now?” said a confused Applejack.

“Día de Los Muertos happens to be an Earth holiday in another country.” Said Bucky. “It’s also known as the Day of the Dead.”

“The what?” said a frightful Fluttershy.

“Don’t worry, it’s not what you think.” Said Lizzie “For this kind of holiday, not only is it a way to celebrate Halloween, but also celebrated their departed loved ones who had passed from the world and where their tales would be passed down to others.”

Everyone was surprised to hear of this kind of holiday, especially Applejack. “They not only celebrate for their loved ones who have passed to the afterlife, but also carrying on and telling them their stories for those who came before them.”

“We even made a special mural for anyone who would wish to place their photos of their departed family members there and would also be an opportunity to try them out.”

Pretty soon, everyone got excited, with Bucky saying “You know, maybe we should make a holiday like that In Equestria.”

“Indeed,” said Princess Luna “For not only is it a way to celebrate the departed, but also remember them and passing down their stories.”

Many of them agreed to this.

“So Thorin,” asked Beau “Where is this holiday going to take place?”

“We’ll be holding the festival at New Carinthia.”

“New Carinthia?” asked Celestia surprised, “Why not the old one?”

“All of Caribouria voted that the old capitol would be left to be a rotten ruin.” Said Lizzie, “For going back there would only bring back painful memories there for everyone. But thanks to Beau and the others, with the power of Harmony, it created a new city for us, much larger and grander than anyone could’ve imagined. Because of it, it became a new home to not just the citizens of Caribouria, but the other houses from the kingdoms that wished to make a new beginning.”

“All of them would love it,” said Thorin “The city is truly having a lot to offer ever since many creatures moved there.”

“Speaking of which,” said Princess Luna as she was curious over something “How is the kingdom ever since you took the throne?”

Thorin groaned a bit and said “Very exhausting. But thanks to my friends and Lizzie, we were able to make a council. Two of them in fact. One that’s meant for the citizens of those who live in Caribouria, and the other is for those representing each House. The restoration project was taking a bit longer than they realized, and the kingdom is about ninety five percent restored, with the other still following.”

“Most of the Houses that housed the Lords of their Lands were restored,” said Lizzie, “But the Houses of the Diamond Dogs, Abyssinians, Ornithians and Gargoyles had taken it the hardest. The kingdom is still currently working trying to restore them, but so far, it’s been a lot harder than they realized. The other houses joined in to help fix it, but even they’re having a hard time to fix what had been broken.”

“Would you like it if Equestria would help?” asked Princess Celestia.

“That would be of great help,” said Thorin “But your kingdom is in need of help ever since what happened with Cozy Glow. And the last thing we want is for something like this to happen again, especially since both groups of protectors were gone.”

“He’s not wrong.” Said Daisy “Twilight and her friends being trapped in Tartarus. Beau and the others captured by Dainn’s forces and taken far away from Equestria. Even though you guys were lucky that Platinum and the others were by miracle chosen as the next group of Knights of Harmony.”

“He’s not wrong.” Said Princess Cadance, “It was hard for all of us, especially since Starlight was almost banished to the Ether.”

“Where is she anyway?” asked Shining Armor.

“She’s over there.” Said Blade. Everyone looked as Starlight was standing on the other side whilst her husband Chance stayed by her side and held her close to him. “Ever since what happened, Chance refused to leave her side and is prompt to stay with her. Even though she said it wasn’t necessary, she understood his fears, for he almost lost her.”

“Well not to worry,” said Thorin “What we have planned will help all of you take those troubles away. And who knows, maybe there will be a ton of stress relievers for all of you.”

“On that we can agree,” said Princess Twilight. “When is the Festival going to take place?”

“It will take place within the same day as Nightmare Night, which would give all of you plenty of time to be prepared for us to be prepared.”

Soon enough, all of them had passed through the Caribourian borders. Most of Ponykind began to feel a tingling sensation the moment they crossed the borders.

“Whoa,” said Rainbow Dash, “That feels amazing.”

“When every creature used to live in Caribouria,” said Thorin whilst he explained things to them, “Every creature was connected to this kingdom, because this is the kingdom where all source of magic comes from. But now that their descendants, namely all of you, Caribouria itself have now accepted all of you because the original inhabitant’s descendants have finally returned after all this time.”

As they flew, many were surprised to see how beautiful Caribouria’s countryside looked, especially the rich farmlands.

“Whoa,” said Applejack amazed by what she saw, “These farmlands are amazing.”

Then from afar, Bucky spotted something and was surprised whilst saying “Look down there.”

When they looked down, they were quite surprised. For it was none other than Zap Apple Trees.

“Whoa, Zap Apples?” said Twilight in surprise, “I didn’t know Zap Apples grew here. Are they in season?”

“Oh, it’s not in season, we grow those apples every time after they’re harvested.” Said Daisy.

Everyone was surprised to hear that, with Applejack saying “Really?”

“That’s right.” Said Thorin, “The Zap Apples we grow here are like the ones in Equestria, but except for once a year, they grow like any other Apple. And thanks to them, they produce many treats. There are also other farms here. But Caribouria has one rule, no fighting among themselves of who has the better fruit.”

Some were confused by this, until Thorin walked up to Applejack and had a strict look on his face, one which Lizzie recognized.

“Oh dear.” Mumbled Lizzie.

“I know of your family’s constant fighting with the Pears, Peach, Orange and other families because of your pride over which grows fruit much better, which not only hurt your business, but also your family name.” Said Thorin, which surprised Applejack. “I’m aware of Granny Smith when she was a filly, and that her family were the ones who helped found Ponyville and it was because of your business and their influence and their relations to folks like Filthy Rich, made your town what it is today. Other farmers did the same with other towns, yet they come over only to rub it in their faces. Because of that a ton of folks are sick and tired of it, which like I said, would hurt your family name.”

He leaned over and squinted his eyes at Applejack.

“And I know of your history of being stubborn when it comes to reason, especially when your friends wanted to help you.” said Thorin, which caused her to blush in embarrassment, “if you plan to go out of line or insult the farmers here just because of their different produce and farming methods, there will be dire consequences. Am I understood?”

“Uh, sure partner.” Said Applejack nervously.

Thorin suddenly changed his attitude and said “Very good. Enjoy your cruise.”, then he left to be on the other side.

After Thorin left and stood on the other side of the ship, Applejack was greatly affected by it, with Bucky comforting her. Lizzie spoke to them, gaining their attention.

“I’m sorry about that,” said Lizzie, “You shouldn’t take it personally. Ever since we reclaimed the throne, it had been a constant nightmare for him trying to restore the kingdom back to its former glory. We restored the farmlands first, which would allow us to feed our people, and to have them start fighting over which produce is better, it would be a disaster for the populace and the hunger problem would only get much worse from there.”

“We understand,” said Princess Celestia, speaking on behalf of her friends, “For having a kingdom suffer under Dainn’s wrath could take a long time to repair, and we understand how every inch of supply is crucial to one’s survival.”

“Am ah really that stubborn?” asked Applejack.

Her friends didn’t say anything, but their facial expressions say otherwise, which left her lowering her eyes in guilt. Bucky then comforted her.

“It’s okay.” Said Bucky, “We’ve all been there when it comes to asking others for help.”

“Although he does have a point,” said Applejack, “Mah family and ah always tend to argue over things that are greatly unnecessary.”

“Well it’s not a total loss.” Said Bucky, “At least you guys made peace with the Pears.”

“But not the Peach and Orange families.” Said Applejack.

“And one day we’ll make things right.” Said Bucky as he held her close, which made Applejack smile.

However, Applejack suddenly felt his hands on her posterior, with her feeling flustered, then whispered “Bucky, not in front of folks.”

“There happens to be a private room down the ship,” whispered Bucky, “We could have a few rounds of our own down there.”

Applejack took one good look at him, and before he could say anything, she grabbed him and then immediately darted off to do who knows what.

At the same time, both Beau and Twilight walked over to Thorin, who was looking ahead of the horizon as the ship continued to sail.

“Uh, Thorin,” said Beau, “Not that we’re trying to be rude here.”

“But why did you scold Applejack like that?” asked Princess Twilight.

“I apologize for that.” Said Thorin. He sighed and said “I just wanted to make sure that everything is perfect. My people and its kingdom had recovered a while ago. The last thing we need is another act of violence. We’re still trying to find our feet since before the Storm King came along.”

“But is it necessary?” asked Princess Twilight.

“It’s not that I didn’t want to act this way,” said Thorin when he turned around to look at her, “I have to because I have to be. For every decision, and every action, must be done for the good of my kingdom. Plus I am well aware of the incident back at Mt. Aris.”

Princess Twilight flinched at that, with Thorin asking, “Why didn’t you trust your friends?”

“I just…didn’t want Equestria to suffer.” Said Princess Twilight, “I had to do something.”

“I understand that more than you know Princess Twilight,” said Thorin, “But you were also naïve when it comes to the real world. You needed to think things through before acting, because if you didn’t, then everything you worked hard for would’ve been completely destroyed. Then again, Princess Celestia should’ve done a better job at teaching you.”

Before Twilight wanted to respond to that, Thorin cut her off and said “You’re also young and the next time you think of plans like this, think of what Beau would’ve done.”

Twilight was confused by what he meant.

“When Beau and his friends helped us in Caribouria in our time of need,” said Thorin, “Beau was more levelheaded than any individual we had ever seen.”

He leaned over to her and said “And the next time you plan on doing something this reckless, I’d listen to him. He’s the only sane one in the family that knows what he’s doing.”

Twilight blushed a bit at that, with Beau saying “I was just there to help them in their time of need.”

As Beau and Twilight hugged, a guard came along and said “King Thorin. We are nearing the city.”

Thorin looked ahead and smiled. Within moments, everyone on the ship went to the front and all of them were surprised to see what was before them.

“Ladies, gentlemen and creatures all around!!” pronounced Thorin, then pointed to the city and said “Welcome to New Carinthia!!”

Everyone was in awe when they saw how big and beautiful the city is. They couldn’t believe how amazing it looked. Now this was a holiday that they look forward to.

Meanwhile, from within the large mountains of Caribouria, a portal somehow opened from within the shadows. And from the portal, a strange entity, walked out, holding what appeared to be Dainn’s sword, the Dáinsleif. The entity chuckled, revealing to be a female. When she walked to the edge of the mountain and out of the shadows, it was revealed to be Eris, Discord’s Cousin and also bearer to the power of Chaos.

She looked at the kingdom and said “Perfect. I can sense many dead forces among this land. And with the power of this sword, I can summon the dead and no army can stop me.”

She then scoffed and said “Discord was a fool to side with the ponies, but now I will make sure what needs to be done what should’ve been done centuries ago.”

She cackled with laughter as it echoed throughout the entire mountain. For what she has planned, we will never know. But let’s just say, all of Caribouria will be in for a rude awakening.