• Published 15th Nov 2022
  • 1,413 Views, 171 Comments

My Little Pony: The Mobian Era (Season 3) - Mister E-Nonymous



Time and space are very fragile things. The Mane 6 and the Freedom Fighters are going to learn that the hard way. There are much worse things they're gonna face when it comes to time and space. Whether it's past, present or future.

  • ...
8
 171
 1,413

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 13: The Extreme Gear Christmas Race

Episode 13: The Extreme Gear Christmas Race


At the airport in Washington, DC, a bunch of people were slowly walking through the walkway of the terminals, taking their time since they were early for their flights. Until...

"GANGWAY!!" came MC's voice. The people looked towards where the voice came from and they saw the entire Sparkle Family, MC, Maria, Shadow, Silver, Blaze, Sunny, Hitch, Pipp, Zipp and Izzy running for a terminal. The people got out of the way as the Mobians and Equestrians were running for a terminal. "This is why we leave for the airport early!"

"It wasn't my fault we overslept," Pipp said. "Izzy thought it was a good idea to unicycle our alarm clocks into decorations."

"Recycle!" Twilight said. "It's actually recycle! A unicycle is a single-wheeled vehicle for entertainment!"

"There's our gate!" Shadow said.

"Everyone, get your tickets!" MC said. "Shining, get your air sickness pills ready!"

"Fine," Shining Armor said. Then they all got into the plane, heading for their seats.

Zipp looked at her ticket and asked, "How come none of us are sitting together?"

"This time, we were lucky to get on the same plane," MC answered.

"Enjoy Christmas in Denver," the ticket lady said.

"Thank you," Maria said as she was handed back her ticket. She then went in and then the others went in following Maria. They eventually made it to their seats. Luckily, Flurry Heart, Guard Armor, Shining Armor and Cadance were around the same seating. They got the airplane seats connected to the seats and they got their seats ready.

"Good afternoon, everyone," a stewardess said into the PA system. "Everyone take your seats and prepare for takeoff. This is a nonstop flight to Denver, Colorado, so everyone get comfortable. Merry Christmas and happy Holidays." Outside, the plane was getting ready to take off. It eventually started taking off, heading West to Denver.



At the Denver International Airport, the group then got out of the terminal and headed for the baggage claims. MC grabbed his bags.

"Shadow and I will get the rental cars," MC said. "You all stay here and get your bags."

"MC?" came a voice. The group all looked towards the voice and saw Tom and Maddie Wachowski. "Hey, how's it going?!"

"Tom? Maddie?" MC asked. He then walked up to the two and did a power bump with them. "What the heck are you two doing here?"

"Well, since Green Hills is doing pretty well, and Rachel is wanting to celebrate Christmas somewhere with lots of snow, we decided to book a vacation here," Maddie said. "Good to see you again." She then saw the group. "These must be the Equestrians you were talking about."

"Of course," MC said. "Of course, some of them are actually from 200 years in the future."

"Really?" Tom asked. He then looked towards the group. "Mind introducing them."

"Oh sure," MC said. He then walked up to the group. "Alright, everyone. I got someone to introduce you all to. Sparkles, you and your family already know Tom and Maddie."

"Of course," Twilight said. "Nice to see you again."

"Nice to see you, too, Princess," Tom said. He then looked towards the future ponies. "And these five ponies are?"

"Of course," MC said. "Meet Sunny Starscout, Izzy Moonbow, Pipp Petals and her sister, Zipp Storm, and former Sheriff of the town he grew up in, Hitch Trailblazer."

"No way, you're a sheriff?" Tom asked. "So am I?"

"Well, I was," Hitch said. He then thought of something. "Huh. Weird. There's something about you that seems... familiar."

"You know, I'm getting that same feeling," Tom said.

"And these guys are Shadow, Silver and Blaze," MC said. "Shadow happens to be from the same place Maria was."

"Nice to meet you," Tom said, extending his hand. Shadow just rolled his eyes. "He doesn't seem too friendly?"

"He has his reasons," MC said. "Silver is also from the future as well. He's been fighting off a living flame for years in a post-apocalyptic future that no longer has a way there."

"Makes sense," Tom said. He then looked at Blaze.

"And this is Blaze," MC said. "She's a princess from another dimension that her biggest enemy accidentally blew up."

"Guess she's still adjusting to living here, huh?" Tom asked. "Well, all of them."

"Time has changed since the 1970s," Shadow said. "So, are we getting to the resort or not?"

"Alright," MC said. "Let's rent some Ford Transits and get to the resort."

Later, there were two Ford Transits driving along a freeway. MC and the Sparkle Family were in one while Shadow, Maria, Silver, Blaze, Sunny, Hitch, Izzy, Pipp and Zipp were in the other transit. They also had a conversation through the Bluetooth connections from the transits.

"Alright, guys," MC said. "When we get there, we all must decide what to do before Christmas. Grab a brochure on certain activities, and Sparkles will schedule them."

"Since we all know I'm good at scheduling things," Twilight said.

"So, when's Nicole getting here with the rest of the supplies?" Shadow asked.

"It could be a couple of hours, or maybe tomorrow," MC said.

"Whoa, is that a zeppelin?" Cadance asked, looking out the left side windows. The group looked towards the left and saw the zeppelin. "I didn't know they did zeppelin tours here."

"Wait a minute," MC said. "I know that zeppelin. It's not for tours." Eventually, they made it to the resort where they reached a mansion-like rental house. MC got out of the car and looked towards the zeppelin. "I can't believe those idiots are here."

"What do you mean?" Twilight asked, walking up to MC. "Who's airship is that?"

"I don't have time to deal with these guys," MC said. "C'mon. Let's get settled in." They all headed into the mansion and they all went to different rooms. Velvet and Night Light shared one room. Shining Armor, Cadance, Guard and Flurry were all sharing the Master Bedroom. Pipp and Zipp were sharing one room that had two beds in it. Sunny and Izzy were doing the same. Shadow and Maria went into one room which had a full size bed. Spike, Nyx and Joshua were all sharing a room which had a single bed and a bunk bed. Silver and Blaze also had a room with two beds in it.

"One room left," Twilight said. She then looked over at MC with a smile. "You don't mind... sharing it, do you?"

MC then smiled at Twilight, then pointed his left hand up and fired a small blast from his forefinger, making a plastic mistletoe appear over them. Twilight noticed it and the two of them kissed, getting the attention of Twilight's parents, Shining Armor and Cadance.

"WHAT?!" Shining Armor asked loudly, making Twilight and MC break up the kiss. Velvet, Night Light and Cadance snickered at that. "You went to first base with my sister?!" He stomped towards MC.

"That inning was a long time ago, Shiner," MC said. "And that was when she made the first move."

Shining looked at Twilight and asked, "You kissed him first?"

"Well, Michael is technically royalty," Cadance said.

"Cadance!" Shining said.

"Shining, stop!" Twilight said. "I'm old enough to make my own decisions."

"Twylie," Shining said. "I'm not so sure that Michael is a good match for you."

"Shining, take it easy," MC said. "It's the holidays."

Shining Armor then sighed and said, "I guess you're right. And I'm also sorry about your mom. Since she is now, officially, dead."

"Whoa!" Zipp's voice came in. A sled came out of the room she and Pipp were sharing and it was heading down the stairs, heading towards the group.

"Jump!" MC said. Then the grown ups of the Sparkle Family and MC jumped up and over the sled as it passed under them, going through the front door, and hitting something outside. Or rather, someone.

"Gah!" came a voice.

MC then looked towards the door and said, "You've gotta be kidding me." Then MC walked back outside, seeing some figures. "Oh, man. Not these guys again."

"Well, well, well," the green bird said. "If it isn't Michael Crayton of the Freedom Fighters. Where's the rest of your team?"

"Jet," MC said with a scowl on his face. "What's the matter, Jet? Going through a crisis after losing to Sonic so many times?"

"Who are these guys?" Shining Armor asked.

"The Babylon Rogues," MC said. "A team of Extreme Gear racers and treasure hunters. Their leader, Jet the Hawk, has been trying to race Sonic and prove he's the fastest thing alive, but only on the Extreme Gear."

"Jet is the fastest thing alive!" the gray bird said.

"Take it easy, Storm," the female bird said. "So, where are the other pathetic losers?"

"They're spending Christmas somewhere else, Wave," MC said. "And I don't have time for your stuff." He then headed back inside.

"Oh, I think you have time," Jet said. "Royal Breaker!" MC paused at what Jet just said, his eyes widened.

"Oh, no," Twilight said.

"What does that mean?" Velvet asked.

"I've read it in the Crayton Family Journal," Twilight said. "Royal Breaker... is a word to challenge the Crayton family for the throne, and it cannot be turned down, otherwise, the royal family loses their royal status."

MC then turned back towards Jet, scowling at them and said, "You're gonna regret that. Sonic would never do something like that to me."

"I know," Jet said. "I just wanted to race you." He then pulled out something. "In fact..." He pulled out a rolled up poster and unrolled it, making MC and the Sparkle Family look at it.

"The Extreme Gear Christmas Race?" MC asked. "Isn't that a team race?"

"It is," Jet said. "I win, your whole fortune goes to me and my team."

"And if I win?" MC asked.

"Your decision," Jet said.

"Fine," MC said. "I win, you stop challenging the Freedom Fighters to a race wherever you go when we're in that certain area!"

"Deal," Jet said, extending his left hand. "I know that you're a natural lefty, so I'd figure you'd take it." MC then held out his left hand and shook Jet's. "See you on Christmas Eve." Then the Babylon Rogues left the area.

"You didn't have to do that, Michael," Velvet said.

"If those guys are a professional racing team, you're gonna need a team who are very good at Extreme Gear Racing," Night Light said. Then Blaze and Silver walked out, holding out some Extreme Gear boards.

"We're in," Blaze said. Twilight, Velvet, Night Light, Shining Armor, Cadance and MC looked towards the two. MC then smirked.

"You ride?" MC asked.

"I've been getting some practice after our first meeting," Blaze said. "In fact, during my time in the alternate future, I've been teaching Silver how to ride."

"Perfect," MC said, putting his hand in. Silver and Blaze did the same. "Let's do it. Team Dimension." Silver and Blaze nodded.



A few days had passed. It was Christmas Eve. Everyone there was sitting at bleachers for Extreme Gear racing. MC, Silver and Blaze were at the side near the bleacher area, where Twilight, Shadow and Maria were looking down towards the three racers.

"Are you sure you all can handle this?" Twilight asked.

"A Crayton has never turned down Royal Breaker," MC said. "We've always come up on top and kept our status."

"Does Sonic know about this?" Shadow asked.

"Yes," MC said. "But he knows not to do it to me. It's... very personal."

"I can understand that," Shadow said.

"O... M... Goodness!" Pipp said, getting the attention of Twilight, MC, Shadow, Maria, Silver and Blaze. They all looked over, seeing Pipp holding her cell phone, Sunny, Zipp, Izzy and Hitch all looking at her. "Somepony, or rather, somebody filmed my performance! I'm trending here!"

"Nice, sis," Zipp said. "Whoa! Look at all these comments! People want to make you a celebrity here!"

Pipp then gasped and said, "Someone here runs a holiday concert tonight wants me to perform a Christmas Song. Oh, what should I do?"

"You kidding?" MC asked. "In the future, you're the most famous pop star singer and trans setter throughout Zephyr Heights. You got this."

"Racers, too the starting line!" came an announcer on the PA system.

"Ooh hoo," Izzy said. "This is gonna be a great race! Frosty Shivers!" What they didn't see was Izzy's horn glowing in a blue aura. Just then, it started to snow. MC, Silver and Blaze, along with the Babylon Rogues, made it to the starting line. Along with some other racers.

"The countdown will begin momentarily," the announcer said. Then the countdown started, and the racers started stepping back.

"Why are they stepping back?" Twilight asked.

"Wait for it," Maria said. When the countdown went to two seconds to start, the racers started running towards the starting line. Then they jumped on their boards, racing on the track.

"So what's the goal of this race?" Twilight asked.

"It's a full on lap around the mountain," Shadow said, reading a pamphlet. "They have to go up the track on the mountain, head into a tunnel that leads to a forest, and it'll lead you back to the starting line."

"Whoa," Twilight said. "That's a long race."

"Yeah," Izzy said, looking at the pamphlet. "What a track." She then looked around. "Ooh, snacks! Good for a good Frosty Shivers!" Twilight noticed Izzy's horn glowing blue.

"What was that?" Twilight asked.

Meanwhile, during the race, the racers were racing through the track. Jet's team was currently in third place with MC's team in last place.

"It's time we take out the competition," Jet said. Wave and Storm nodded. Then they broke away. Storm went to one group and slammed his right arm towards one person, knocking that person off his Extreme Gear, him landing on other people, making them get knocked off as well.

"Whoa!" MC said, dodging the people. "Already playing dirty, huh? Time to speed things up." MC then leaned forward speeding up in the process. MC leading forward was caught on camera, showing it on a screen where the people on the bleachers were watching.

"What's he doing?" Sunny asked.

"He's leaning forward, decreasing wind resistance," Zipp said.

"Thereby increasing his speed," Twilight said. "If he keeps that up, he could win this."

"But isn't this a team race?" Hitch asked. "Shouldn't he slow down for Silver and Blaze to catch up?"

"Wait for it," Shadow said. On the screen, Silver and Blaze were catching up with MC, both of them leaning in the same position as MC.

"Oh, there they are," Hitch said. Just then, Izzy came back with some hot chocolate. "Oh, hey Izzy."

"Frosty Shivers!" Izzy said, handing over the hot chocolate to Sunny, Pipp, Zipp and Hitch.

"What does that even mean?" Sunny asked.

"It's something unicorns say around this time of year," Izzy said.

"Really?" Twilight asked, looking back at the group. "So, what do you all do for Hearth's Warming?"

"What's Hearth's Warming?" Hitch asked.

"What?!" Twilight, Cadance, Shining Armor, Velvet and Night Light asked in unison.

"You guys don't know what Hearth's Warming is?" Shining Armor asked.

"Oh, wait," Twilight said. "MC said that his future, Post-Apocalyptic self had contained the Windigoes due to the ponies of the future fighting amongst one another."

"Thereby, letting the ponies end up in war with each other over small things," Shadow said.

"Well, since that is a future that will never come to be, who's thirsty?!" Izzy asked, holding out the hot chocolate. "Frosty Shivers to everyone!" Her horn then started glowing blue again.

Meanwhile, on the track, Team Dimension and the Babylon Rogues were the last two teams on the track. MC and Jet were trying to get ahead of each other, but then they felt a chill.

"Oooh," MC said. "Is it me, or is it getting colder up here?"

"You know, you're right," Jet said. "How is it getting so cold?"

Back at the starting line, a blizzard was coming in.

"Ladies and gentlemen, an unexpected blizzard is starting to roll in!" the announcer said. "How will this affect the racers?! And will they find their way back to the starting line?!"

"How is it getting so cold?" Maria asked.

"I shoulda stayed in the cabin," Spike said. "I'm freezing my scales off."

"How are you freezing?" Shadow asked. "Aren't you a fire breathing dragon?"

"Dragon's are technically reptiles, which are cold blooded," Maria said.

"Oh, right," Shadow said.

Back in the race, team Dimension and the Babylon Rogues made it to the tunnel, out of the blizzard. Both teams, except Blaze, were all freezing.

"I've seen really bad blizzards in America," MC said. "But this one is the worst one I've ever seen."

"Something must've triggered some kind of weather phenomenon in the sky," Wave said. "It's a high probability."

"Blaze!" Silver said. "Think you can warm us all up?"

"Alright," Blaze said. "Prepare yourselves, everyone. It's about to get hot in here." Then Blaze started glowing in an orange aura, emitting some heat. Everyone there started feeling warmer.

"That actually feels pretty good," Storm said. He then looked ahead. "Incoming!" The group looked up and saw that the tunnel exit was blocked by snow. It was shown on the monitor back at the starting line.

"It seems that the racers have their path blocked up ahead!" the announcer called out. "Will this be the end for the race?!"

"Oh, no!" Twilight said.

Back in the tunnel, team Dimension and the Babylon Rogues were heading towards the snow patch fast.

"Blaze, melt us a path through!" MC called out.

"Got it!" Blaze said. She then took the lead and then she released fire from her hands, firing fireballs towards the patch ahead, melting the snow ahead. They eventually came out through a big hole in the snow, going through the forest.

"There's too much snow!" Wave said. "I can't see where the path lines are!"

"I'm not done yet!" Blaze said. "Let's stop before we continue!" Then they all stopped, keeping Blaze in the lead. Blaze then used her heat powers to melt the snow, clearing the path. But the snow kept coming down hard.

"There's too much ice!" Jet said as all of them were covering their eyes from the falling snow. "What is causing this?!"

"Wait a minute," MC shouted through the blizzard. "I know what this is! Before Sunny and her friends came here from the future, Hitch's grandma Figgy had a tale of different pony type traditions! And the unicorns were trying to find a spell to bring snow to have a good time! And I know what that spell is!"

"Well, what is it?!" Silver asked.

"Frosty Shivers!" MC called out.

Back at the starting line, the crowd were watching the group. The Sparkle Family, Sunny and her friends all gasped at what MC just said.

"Frosty Shivers?!" Hitch asked. "It was Izzy who caused this snowstorm?!"

"I... I didn't know!" Izzy said. "I thought it was a tradition!"

"Well, we're gonna have to find a way to reverse this spell!" Twilight said.

"Well, what am I supposed to say?!" Izzy asked. "Warm Wishiehoof?!" Just then, Izzy's horn started glowing orange, which made the snowstorm die down.

"Hey! I think it's working!" Shadow said, looking up.

"It must be," Maria said. "Just a few more times, Izzy!"

Izzy smiled and looked up. She then said, "Warm Wishiehoof! Warm Wishiehoof! Warm Wishiehoof! Warm Wishiehoof!" Her horn was shining brighter every time she said the words. It was enough to stop the snow storm.

Back with team Dimension and the Babylon Rogues, the two teams still had their faces covered, trying to keep the storm out of their eyes. Just then, the snow storm dropped down to a minimum.

"The snow storm's dying down!" Jet said. He then looked at MC. "You know what... it's Christmas. Let's finish this race in a tie."

MC sniffed and said, "You smell of truth. Let's do this." The two of them then fist bumped. Then they all started continuing towards the starting line. All of them got in position of finishing the race together.

"Here they come!" the announcer said. "Which team will make it to the finish line first?! Team Dimension, or the Babylon Rogues?!" They eventually made it to the finish line, all six racers finishing at the same time. "It's a tie!"

"A tie?!" Twilight asked. "Did they plan that on purpose?!"

MC, Blaze and Silver stopped as the Babylon Rogues kept going. Jet looked back at the group and nodded. The three of them kept going, but crashed into some really strong glass.

"Ooooooh!" MC, Blaze and Silver said in unison. Then they started laughing.

"That was ironic!" MC said as the Sparkle Family, Shadow, Maria, Sunny and her friends walked up to them.

"What is?" Twilight asked.

"Birds can't see glass," MC said. That made them all laugh. "Sorry, Jet!"

"All good!" Jet said, raising a thumb.



At a stage in the resort, the crowd was getting ready to watch the performance of Pipp Petals. Behind the curtains, Pipp was getting nervous.

"Oh, man," Pipp said. "I'm so nervous." Then Twilight and Sunny walked up to her.

"Pipp, weren't you a famous pop star back in the future?" Twilight asked.

"I was, but that was when all my Pipp-squeaks gave me the encouragement to let me keep going," Pipp said. "But since none of them are born yet, it makes me so nervous!"

"Chill, sis," Zipp said, flying down to her. "You got this. It's not like you haven't sung during the holidays before."

"True," Pipp said. "But you were always there singing with me."

"You sing with her, Zipp?" Twilight asked.

"Around this time of year for the..." Zipp said before being joined in by Pipp.

"Zephyr Heights Wishentine Royal Carousel Concert," Pipp and Zipp said in unison.

"Woowee, that takes a long time to say," Izzy said, walking up to the group.

"Right?" Pipp and Zipp asked in unison.

Twilight then thought of something and said, "I've got an idea."

In the crowd, MC was sitting with the Sparkle Family, Shadow, Hitch, Silver and Blaze. He then looked around.

"Where's Sparkles?" MC asked.

"That's odd," Shining said. "Twylie's usually here with us for time with her family."

"Maria's not here either," Shadow said. Just then, Izzy came to the group. "Where have you been?"

"Oh, just talking with the others backstage," Izzy said. "Well, we might as well have a good ol' Frost..." Just then, Shadow and MC covered her mouth.

"Don't ever... say that spell... again," Shadow said, making Izzy nod.

"Ladies and Gentlemen," came an announcer's voice. "The Denver Ski Resort Christmas Spectacular is proud to present, upcoming pop star, Pipp Petals, performing 'All I Want for Christmas is You'. And to our surprise, she will not be performing alone, but with some friends of hers." Then the curtains opened up, revealing Twilight, Sunny, Pipp, Zipp and Maria on stage.

"What are they doing?" Shining asked.

"Oh, this is gonna be good," Izzy said. Then the music started, making Pipp start the lyrics. Eventually, all of them kept singing the lyrics to the song, getting the crowd into the beat. Eventually, the song ended, and everyone had to go on back to their rooms before they froze.

The Sparkle Family, MC, Shadow, Maria, Silver, Blaze, Sunny and their friends made it back to their cabin. MC opened up the door.

"You sure you didn't want to sit on Santa's lap, Joshua?" MC asked.

"I'm kinda too old to still believe in Santa Claus," Joshua said. "Besides... he probably won't see me tonight."

"Besides," Shadow said. "The people at GUN had been looking up at the North Pole for years. There's no Santa Claus because there's no workshop at the North Pole." He then looked towards the tree and saw something that wasn't there before. "Did... you do some extra Christmas Shopping?"

The group then looked towards the tree and saw some presents that weren't there before. MC then said, "He couldn't have come early this year, could he?"

"Wait," Shadow said. "You believe in Santa Claus?"

"I've met him," MC said, picking up a present. "The real Santa Claus. You see, Santa doesn't live at the North Pole. The reason why you couldn't find him at the North Pole is because his workshop was never there in the first place."

"Then, where is his workshop?" Nyx asked.

"There's a reason why the North Star shines the brightest," MC said.

"The North Star is where Santa lives?" Joshua asked. "Wow. No one has ever thought about looking there."

MC then saw a note on the tree. He then opened it up. "What the heck?" MC asked.

"What is it?" Twilight asked.

"This note... it's written in my hand writing," MC said. He then checked to see who it was from. "It's from me... from the Post Apocalyptic future."

The note read: "To Sunny and friends, if you're reading this, then you may have received the gifts I've sent you from the future. To make your stay in that time seem closer to home. To let you all know, with what you've all believed in, especially you, Sunny, Equestria has harmony and magic once again. Hopefully, your counterparts in that current universe you have now will do the same. I know you'll adjust well living in the past. Signed, King Michael Crayton. PS... Pipp, Zipp, you might want to let your present out to do some business."

"Why would future MC suggest that?" Zipp asked. Just then, one of the presents started shaking. Pipp and Zipp then looked at each other in confusion. The two of them walked over towards the shaking box. The tag on the box said, "To Pipp and Zipp". They then opened up the box and they were surprised to see what was in it.

Pipp and Zipp gasped and said, "Cloudpuff!" The winged dog then jumped on them, licking their faces.

"What is that thing?" Maria asked.

"It's Pipp and Zipp's family pet," MC said. "That was nice of them."

"Hey, look," Hitch said, opening up his gift. "I've got my family's photo album."

"My family's photo album too," Sunny said.

"Ooh!" Izzy said. "Some of Alphabittle's cookies!" She then scarfed them all down in one gulp.

"I'm pretty sure that Izzy is somehow a descendant of Pinkie Pie," MC said, making the other ponies in the room nod. Then all of them laughed.

Just then, it zoomed out, showing the outside of the cabin. And flying over the top was a sleigh being pulled by nine reindeer. The lead reindeer had a glowing red nose. And as it was going over, a voice came from the sleigh.

"Ho ho ho! Merry Christmas to All, and to All a Good Night!"

Author's Note:

Next Episode:
The Wisp Saga (Part 1): Alien Roundup

PreviousChapters Next