• Published 23rd Sep 2012
  • 8,079 Views, 409 Comments

My Dearest Brother... - Ultron 5

  • ...
220
 409
 8,079

Getting Used to Things.

I was just sitting there listening to my two supposed sisters. They went on blabbering about some land filled with ponies called Equestria. That our "family" line ruled Equestria, and that I was a prince. I learned that I had to be sent to the human realm, because my body could not contain my magical essence and life force. They explained to me how I had to stop an eclipse from keeping the world in a eternal darkness. Continuing on with the story they told me I was very young and when I used my magic to separate the moon and the sun, my body had lost all it's will to hold my life force. Our family had to decide what to do with me so they sent my life force into the human world. I would return to my body when it regained it's strength. Celestia explained that if I was in my original body, the magic would be amplified killing me, since it could not handle the pressure caused by it. Also I was in the human world for about three thousand years, and I had previous lives before now. The time between Equestria and the human universe is different so I had spent less time as a human than I would have if I was a pony in Equestria.

I finally shook off the weirdness on my shoulders and muttered "So uhh... well this is all interesting."

"I know this seems all wrong to you, but you really are our brother. We had to do what we did to save you" replied Celestia.

"One thing I don't understand is why would you send my life force into the human world, and I end up with such a crappy life."

Luna replied this time "Well you see if we gave you a life very similar to our lifestyle used to being wealthy and loved by your family, you would remember what happened and get transported back here. We had to take measures to make sure you would return back when your body was in full strength and ready to handle your magic."

"I know this may be going off topic, but I am guessing Luna was the dark haired girl who I saw right before I fainted."

"Yes it was me I was sent to bring you back home brother, and we our so glad you are back."

Luna comes over to me and gives me a big hug. I flinch and tense up at first, but then I begin to relax her hug melting me like butter. Her embrace was so warm and comforting, for the first time in so long I actually felt loved. Not the intimate kind, the kind of caring and protecting love that you get from family. Her coat was so soft it made me think of puppies. We were hugging for a good few minutes, usually having a hug for that long would get awkward. Luna knew that it was comforting to me and it didn't bother her at all because I was her brother and she wanted me to know everything would be okay.

"You okay" she asked in the softest tone ever, her voice felt like nice soft velvet against your hand. or hoof in this case.

"Yeah I'll be fine."

I look over to see my sister Celestia crying. The tears were rolling off her face and falling onto the floor. I came up to her and held out my arms and she embraced me in a hug. "I am so happy to have you home with us."

Celestia I could tell wasn't sad she was crying out of joy, happiness. "I couldn't contain myself when you and Luna were hugging It brought back memories and that you are already embracing the situation in front of you."

"I am going to embrace it, but it will take me some time to get used to things."

"I know it will and we will be there every step of the way" Celestia saying this, I started to cry.

What she had said had activated primal instincts, no not primal instincts more like emotion. Emotion that surged through my body. My eyes were watery but I wasn't bawling. My tears were a mix of happy and sad. After all of that we were done sheding tears they led me down to the dinning hall. It was enormous and there was food all lined up of the length of the table. I was wondering what to eat and thought I could go for some bacon. When I had that thought it sounded disgusting, why would I eat meat. It came to me I was now a pony and equines don't usually eat meat. I now can't eat meat, wait I have eaten meat while I was a human does that make me a.... never mind just let it go. I had gotten an apple salad and some carrot soup. We had small idle chitchat while we ate. Then it was off to bed. My sisters had walked back with me to my room. As they dropped me off Celestia told me "There is a big suprise for you tomorrow."

"Oh great I can't "wait" to see what it is."

Celestia chuckled at my sarcasm and said "See you in the morning."

I walk into my room and get on the bed I immediately fall asleep. I woke up, it felt like I had only been asleep for a few minutes, but it was morning. "Oh your awake come on let's get you ready."

Celestia had just walked through the door. "I was going to come and wake you up but I see you are already are awake."

"Yep I'm up."

"Here after you clean yourself up put these on."

She brought some royal apparel of sorts. It was some armor boots, a chest piece, and helmet like hat sort of thing. "Do I really have to."

"Well when you are prince or princess you are supposed to wear royal attire."

"Okay, can at least not wear the helmet?"

"It will be alright for now, but when you start doing royal duties you will have to be presentable."

"I have to do royal duties?"

"Yes, you will start in two more days to help you get into the swing of things."

"Excuse me if I hold my enthusiasm."

Celestia chuckled and said "Just hurry up and I'll show you your suprise."

I had gotten into the shower. It was hard at first to turn the knobs with my hooves, I got the hang of it though. I had gotten cleaned up, got my royal armor on. I then joined my two sisters at breakfast. "So how does the armor fit" asked Luna.

"Oh it fits fine. To tell the truth it actually is kind of comfortable."

"So how was your sleep last night."

"It felt like I only slept for a few minutes, and then poof it's morning."

"Are you hungry" both of my sisters asked in unison.

"Famished."

Our breakfast was delicious we had some freshly baked chocolate croissants. The chocolate was gooey and sweet. Some bananas, Celestia really liked those a lot. We also had some other freshly picked fruit and ice cold milk. After we had our fill we started heading to where my big suprise is. We had walked all the way up a a big hill towards the back of the palace grounds. "So where is this big suprise any ways."

"Wait and you'll see" said Celestia.

Out of nowhere there is a loud roar in the sky. I freeze in my position and wait for the worst to happen. The ground shook beneath our hooves. I slowly look up from my cowering position and see a dragon. "Is this the suprise?"

"Yes it is say hello to your old friend Urlthrax" said Luna.

"How are you Eclipse it has been a long time since I have seen you."

"Hi there Urlthrax."

"Excuse me I forgot what had happened to you for which I am sorry, but we used to play together when we were young."

"I played with a dragon when I was younger."

Celestia responded "Yes you did, when mother and father were making relations with the dragons. Two dragons were sent to speak with mom and dad and they brought there son Urlthrax. From then on out you two were very good friends before we had to send you away on the account of the eclipse."

"So I had a friend who was dragon, boy does this make me think of Skyrim."

"What" Celestia, Luna, and Urlthrax all spoke in unison.

"Never mind."

Urlthrax brings conversation back up "It truthfully has been a long time since I have seen you Eclipse we are very older than what we both used to be."

"Yep, a little over three thousand years,"

"Yes well it has been very nice catching up with you, but I have to attend to some business."

"What is it Urlthrax" asked Celestia.

"Just dragons causing some trouble for the zebras I am going to put an end to it. Anyways I will visit later to catch up even more."

"Alright then, bye Urlthrax see you" Celestia yelled over Urlthrax's wings beating as he moved up into the air stirring up winds.

"Well, let's go back inside everypony." Luna spoke as she headed back down the palace.

All I could respond with was "Wow I have a friend who is a dragon."

We had walked back to the palace. There was still a whole day left basically, and Celestia thought that would be perfect for magic lessons. I had spent a few hours trying to successfully preform magic but too no avail. Celestia said I would not need to relearn all the magic I would just have to tap into my old memories and remember what I was capable of doing. I had finally gotten it. Celestia had also teached me a few new spells. Soon I was turning rocks into turtles, levitating books, teleporting across the room, and making doughnuts appear out of thin air. After my magic lessons I had to go over flight with Luna. Flying was not easy at all I had no idea what to do. Luna told me to let my wings do it naturally and then get use to the feeling. It took me a while to start flying than it did to learn magic. My flying still needed work, but I did pretty well.
We all had a late lunch do to my training. Celestia brought her pet phoenix Philomena to lunch. Philomena and I got along pretty well for just meeting her. I know that sounds strange but Philomena is a phoenix not your average ordinary bird. Luna brought her pet wolf Grey and both were playing fetch the entire time. They both were enjoying there pets all through lunch. "Have you ever had a companion of your own" asked by both Luna and Celestia.

"Not that I can think of."

Both of them smiled and Celestia said "Not anymore you will."

My sisters managed to sneak me into a pet shop with out anypony knowing about me. There were so many pets to choose from I couldn't pick just one. After looking at snakes, hamsters, fish, and dogs one animal caught my attention an eel. This eel was the coolest thing ever. It could live on land and in water and it could be on land for as long as it wants. The eel had a blue coloring to it with a red strip pattern on it. "I'll take this one."

Both of my sisters looked shocked. Celestia asked "Are you sure?"

"As sure as can be."

The first sight of that eel I knew it was going to be quite the character and it is. I didn't name him yet, because I wanted to see how he acts, so he can receive a proper name. It had only been one day before I named him. The night after we had gotten him, we were at dinner and the desert we had was jello. The server set mine in front of me and took off the lid of the tin tray. It revealed the eel inside of the jello staring at me. That's when I knew what his name would be, Jello. He did also make the server faint, but not really many good names to go from there. It had been another full day of training on magic and flying. Jello would watch me as I would cast spells and he even rode on my back while I was flying. Celestia came up to me before I was about to sleep and said "We can't let Jello ruin court tomorrow."

"Oh yeah that's right I have to go to that stupid court."

"Ponies already know that you are back so don't worry about crowds the guards will be there, until the craziness dies down."

"Thanks for the tip."

"Hey are you feeling okay" Celestia inquired with much worry in her voice. "You don't have to go to court if you don't want to."

"I'm fine and I'll go to court."

I went in to my bedroom and plopped onto my bed. I was lying, I wasn't okay. I was only acting like I was getting used to things quickly to make it easier on Luna and Celestia. I actually felt even weirder than when this all started. "No I will get used to this quickly if I can do it physically then I can do it mentally."

Then I looked over at Jello and levitated some glasses over to me. I then proceeded to do the cheesiest and dumbest thing since I arrived here. I looked at Jello and said "Looks like I'll be....." I then proceed to put on the glasses "seeing you in court" Imagining a YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHH from C.S.I Miami.

Comments ( 102 )

dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/emoticons/misc_Lyra_ooh.png Urlthrax sounds like either a pregnancy pill or a hallucinogen...

Sorry about the long wait for a such a short chapter. I was thinking for a while on what to do with this story and I now have a clear idea on what it is. I honestly believe this chapter has more flow to it and characters feel alive in it, at least more than the first chapter. I really hope you guys enjoy. If anyone is interested in maybe doing cover art that relates more to the story it would be ssssoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome and I would be vvvvvvveeeeeeerrrrryyyyy thankful. Mean while I will try to make more lengthy chapters since my other Fanfic MY Giant Dinobots is done. I also have a nee group going Marvel crossovers. Basically it's for Marvel fans and anyone else who wants to learn more about Marvel comics. Thank you all.

.., .... ..... .. .... ....? :pinkiegasp:
...., . ..... . ..... .... ... .... ....! :pinkiehappy:

1435230 Cannot un think comment that's literally all I can think of when I say his name

1435233

Ya might wanna re-read your story i found several errors which... well ill let you figure it out :scootangel: :inserttrollface:

i face palmed so badly at that joke

well i guess that joke just (puts on glasses)
got put on trial

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I LIKE THIS WRITE ME ANOTHER

lol that chapter was funny...Not a lot of dialouge in it but the description helps make up for it. You gave a proper backstory as to why he is on earth which is understandable, and showing him into society is pretty nice. some sentences felt weird but it could be me...I am not a great writer after all. what can you do

You need a proofreader or something. My recommendation is to look at the comments and find the ones that look like they are spelling and using punctuation correctly. If they spot errors you have that's a plus as well.

"Looks like I'll be....." I then proceed to put on the glasses "seeing you in court" Imagining a YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHH from C.S.I Miami.
that made my day thanks :rainbowlaugh: :pinkiehappy:

more... now... BEFORE I GET ANGRY!!!!!!!!:flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

End of chapter
[youtube=6YMPAH67f4o]

i claim the mighty first with my swords of doom!

It's... an interesting idea, but you really need a proof reader or an editor or something.

I really believe this chapter was rushed, and the characters emotions about this hasn't been t portrayed enough. He seems too accepting of this and accepted it way too quickly. Come on I mean if anyone was to bee told they were a prince in Equestria you would try to prove them wrong going. Otherwise good chapter.

MOAR>:flutterrage:

it is very good thought im looking forward to more.

This needs some serious editing work. We've got grammar and punctuation issues all over.

1435233>>1435297 I agree. Other than the fact that there are a couple grammatical errors and fluidity problems because of the grammatical errors, it is a pretty good chapter.:twilightsmile: Though the story behind why he was in the human world is still i little bit iffy. How could he have so much magical power then and not some time before the eclipse happened... I don't know if it's just me, but it feels a little iffy to me.
Eh, oh well!:twilightsmile:

Great job :twilightsmile: hope MOAR soon

You REALLY need to add in more detail and explain things a bit more. Otherwise this will get very confusing very fast.:applejackconfused: And if I'm confused, I'm angry. You don't want to see me angry:pinkiecrazy:

Okay. I like your ideas and your story.

Here's my problem:

Your grammar and spelling is just awful. Please, for the love of god, get a prereader! :raritycry:

1436447

Is this what would happen if you got angry

1436683 Try that times five million and you would be a hundredth of the way there:twilightsmile:

Hi

1436809m*arrives a second later without my huge army filled with past present and future tech* ready to fire when you say boss! *immediately all guns turn and point at him*

Hi

I hate autcorrect i said with but it put without i have a nook with the android phone systems

1436809 good chapter, but you need to "slow down" you just went through two day of in one chapter. You also need to give more "description" such as. I couldn't really tell who was talking sometime or what I should be feeling when they are talking. But, as I said before good chapter keep it and work hard to fix the problem. :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

your Semper Fidelis fan

1436024>>1435929>>1436447 agreed

1435233
so much brainhurt......you might want to get someone to proof read for a better flow.....but nonetheless i like the concept and idea....please continue

I love the story concept, but please get a proofreader. Some sentences make my inner grammar nazi want to burst out of my head and onto the screen.
4.bp.blogspot.com/_REkgXByDyuU/S7OQUFqK7eI/AAAAAAAAGyQ/uKpjRk7rwtM/s1600/grammar_nazi2.jpg
Aw crap, there he goes. Well, time to fortify myself in the bunker of solitude and wait for the hatecomments to come flowing in.

You sir love you memes don't you.

I loled at every one.

Thx and keep up the good work.

1437731 Same here. For example:

"seeing you in court" Imagining a YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHH from C.S.I Miami.

You always put a comma, period, exclamation mark, or question mark at the end of a quote.
Another problem:

I walk into my room and get on the bed I immediately fall asleep. I woke up, it felt like I had only been asleep for a few minutes, but it was morning.

Use either the present or past tense, don't switch partway through.

and celestia also teached me some new spells :facehoof: the proper term is *taught*:twilightblush:

Might I make a few suggestions my good man?

1. Just as everyone says get a proof reader, or even an editor.

2. Go slower it feels like that you could've pulled out like a another chapter since everything went so fast.

3. If Prince eclipse doesn't feel alright with being the Prince of Equestria, then show it cause because the chaos that would follow would be far more entertaining and funny such as him getting mobbed by screaming hordes of fan mares for example. don't have him put on a brave face.

Other than that… me gusta

I found this to be a bit to fast in pace.:applejackunsure:
As I was reading it it was all in one go, like an entire conversation and even an entire day felt like it was two seconds in storytime.:twilightoops:
I reccommend getting a bit more descriptive, with the magic and flying you should have conversations and telling why it was hard and how he finally realized how to actually do it, I say this because: "I had finally gotten it" is a bit of an anticlimax, and there are sadly a lot more of these moments.:unsuresweetie:
However I do hope you continue and try making it more pleasant to read :twilightsheepish:

1436074 From my headcanon: Celestia and Luna are more powerful when their assigned celestial body is out, so my guess is when the eclipse happened, tremendous power was bestowed upon Eclipse.

We don't get fooled again!!
No no no!

I love how there are so many Grammar Nazi's.
Your lucky that I dont feel like looking at each word and correcting it.
But, any ways good story.

First off. That CSI Miami joke... Why would you inflict that on us! :raritydespair:

Seriously though it made me lol, anyway, your pacing is a little fast try describing what canterlot looks like, the reactions of the other ponies the main characters thoughts and emotions
what they see what they feel, how they're looking at the world, even the weather if you need to. We all know what canterlot looks like but your character doesn't and that's half the fun in writing. Show us how you see Canterlot and the world of Equestria.

Remember, something is always happening. :twilightsmile:

(I swear to Celestia I squeed when I saw this had updated so you have my full and complete attention. I'll be watching.)

meh

good original subject but....... no offence theres some plotholes...

1 why would he be so accepting of :
a) magic
b) being a pony
c) being royalty
2: why would they give him part control for a country after 2 days... even luna had like a few months and she had previous experience
3 : why are the nobles not freaking out

as i said its a really good concept and this is just my opinion but... why not just make him like on the same rank as cadance for a while atleast

Might as well say it sense everyone eles is, be alot more Desrctptive. I could care less about spelling but I would love for the days and thoughts and moves to be longer

Yay can I has some moar :rainbowkiss:

Login or register to comment