• Published 24th Sep 2012
  • 5,980 Views, 193 Comments

Reunited - Noponythere



Sequel to my previous story, Does RD finally meet her highschool love after all these years?

  • ...
13
 193
 5,980

Chapter 3: The New Pony on the Job

===========================================================================
===========================================================================


Chapter 3: The New Pony on the Job


===========================================================================



You turn around and watch as the ground slowly grows larger in your field of vision. In your state of shock, you forget all your essential flight training and work hopelessly to gain some lift. You think to yourself, what a way to die; Being thrown out of a window by your childhood friend and having her watch you sad demise.

"YOU BITCH RAINBOW DAS-"

You feel a bone crunching smash against your chest as your body impacts a hard surface. You feel the blood rush to your head as you continue to accelerate, increasingly unable to move your body as a result of the g forces on your frail body. You feel your heart skip a beat and even a stinging pain in your lower chest. If you remembered correctly, you did hear a faint *crack* earlier.

Yup. Definitely broke a rib or two

It occurs to you that you had never collided with an object or the ground but in fact, something had crashed into you. You use all the energy in your body to counter the strong winds pushing your head down and tilt it slightly back. You watch as the forests and grasslands beneath you pass at great speeds. Either your eyeballs were messed up or you were traveling at supersonic speeds.

You hear a tremendous *boom*, forcing your head back further into the object that had previously collided with you. You manage to take a peek into the sky behind you; the lack of super-sonic wind speeds allows you easily focus on the scenery behind you.

A glorious spectacle of colours light and trail behind you, lighting up the bright sky. The entire spectrum of the rainbow emanates through the gentle air. You quickly think back to your "flight physics" lesson and remember being told that the requirements for a sonic rainboom meant that it was marginally impossible for anypony to pull it of. Sure enough, Rainbow Dash was quick to disprove their claim. You two would spends days and weeks seeing if Rainbow Dash could actually repeat her so called "miracle".

A few sprains and bruises later, you had to comfort Rainbow Dash, who was beating herself up for not being able to do it. Something inside you was telling you that Rainbow Dash was more upset at not showing you rather than not being able to do it. You made a promise to her on that day that you did believe her and that you would just wait another time to see it.

The sharp pain in your chest returns your nostalgic daydream back to Equestria. You let out a small laugh of appreciation knowing that you've finally seen a sonic rainboom.

After what seems like an eternity of being crushed against a soft, furry pillow, you feel your airspeed start to drop. You continue to bury your head into the fur coated heap; wishing not to see what comes next. Before you know it, you're back on solid ground. You place a hoof on the grass just to double check your suspicions The chirping of the birds and little woodland creatures going about their daily business reinforces what you now know as true.

"Hey Lightning; You can let go now"

You look up at the sound of the voice and only stare in amazement as you spot Rainbow Dash, looking down smugly at you. You look down where your hooves had been clenching so tight for the last minute and realize you had been gripping Rainbow Dash in a very tight manner.

"You wuss, get off" She speaks through tired breaths and between deep, sexy panting.

"Oh right..."

You hastily let go of the cyan mare and tumble onto the carpet-like grass. You look back up and watch the dark silhouette of a pony across your field of vision. You knew nopony could perform such an impossible feat; but you always knew if anypony would , it would be your Dashie. You lay a hoof across your chest and record your heartbeat. You can’t even count the beats of your racing heart and settle with the figure "too high".

"You finally showed me didn't you Dashie?"

"Zzzzz..."

Before you can respond, the huge figure in front of you promptly collapses on top of your chest. Pinning you down onto the ground. You lift your head slowly and notice as Rainbow Dash's body lies motionless across you. Her head balances ever so delicately on your diaphragm rising and falling rhythmically with your lung expansion. You squirm underneath her weight as her tongue falls out of her mouth, lying on your fur.

You can feel the stickiness of her sweaty fur, rubbing onto your body. Looking into her eyes, you realize she’s in a semi-conscious state of tiredness. She attempts to mumble something incomprehensible but instead ends up leaving a huge puddle of drool on you. You shuffle slightly beneath her, in a fruitless attempt to get into a comfortable position. You eventually give up and leaned against the tree trunk behind you.


======================================================================


You let 5 minutes pass without much event, albeit the occasional flutter of birds in the sky. You reluctantly push Rainbow Dash off your aching body to the side. You hope that you're able to move her in such a way as to not startle her. You carefully lift your hooves from under her tight grip and slowly wriggle your way from underneath her. Without so much as a mumble from her, you continue to lift her body and flip it over to allow her to wake up facing the sky.

You move ever so quietly around her, hoping not to rouse her in her deep slumber. You can only wonder how a pony like herself could go to sleep at a time like this. Looking back at the deep blue sky, pausing for a brief moment. You do actually agree that today would be a nice day to nap under a tree. Sadly, in your moment of awe, you lose concentration.

Your lapse in focus causes you to mess up. You trip over, landing face first onto her chest. She quickly reacts with... Lightning speed.

You have no time to react, watching helplessly as the events unfold in front of you.

She opens her eyes in a flash, promptly proceeding to react with natural reflexes. Unfortunately for your anatomy, one of those reflexes inevitably leading to her, kneeing you hard in the sensitive regions.

*WHAP*

BAAA-SSSSHHIIITT. LORD CELESTIA. HAVE YOU NO MERCY ON ME.

You fall onto the soft ground, nursing your aching gentlecolts region. You try to hold back a tear as the burning pain spreads across your groin.

"Shit, Lightning! You shouldn't scare me like that!"
You look up and spot a startled Rainbow Dash, wondering what had just happened. Her wings are spread out, revealing her full wingspan. You only now realize just how much she had grown and matured since flight school. Although, you weren't exactly in the best situation to be admiring a mares wings.

"JEEZ DASHIE. did you have to kick me so hard?!?"

Although you can see some sympathy in her face, she is clearly enjoying watching you in pain.

"Don't be such a foal Lightning. I'm sure you're still able to have kids someday..."

You push the last thought out of your mind and return your attention to the former that was said.

"Forget being a Stallion! This FUCKING hurts!"

You pause abruptly in your tracks. You look back at Rainbow Dash, who was now advancing on your position. You look closer at her face and spot that noticeable, lustful look in her eyes. You back up quickly, only to be stopped by a tree. She quickly pushes you back against it, causing you to crumble where you stood.

"AWWW! Poor Lightning. Let me fix that for you..."



========================================================================

Some time later... Long enough later

========================================================================



Both you and Rainbow are now in the sky; Working diligently at moving some clouds over Ponyville for the late morning showers. You turn back and watch as Rainbow Dash manouvres a cloud into position with ease. No rookie could manipulate the weather that easily. Then again, Rainbow Dash was no rookie.


She spots your watchful gaze, and looking back in equal curiosity. You spot a small grin grow on her face and you swear she just winked at you. You quickly turn back and focus on moving these clouds, now ready to burst with rain. You knew that feeling. It takes a special pony to "release the load" that's been building up for so long.


You feel a prodding on your back and quickly pull your mind out of the gutter and back to Equestria. You look around and stare at the clouds now ready to rain. The same prodding sensation hits you again and you quickly turn around, almost hitting Rainbow Dash who had been behind you in the process.


"Quit daydreaming Lightning. Let's get this show on the road already!"


"WHAT?!? Me? Lazing around? you've clearly never seen your own daily routine before."


"Hey, watch it pal. I still got a 2 good legs to kick you with."


You instinctively move to defend your precious organs but stop halfway after spotting Rainbow Dash's face. She signals you to move away before kicking the nearest cloud, setting off a chain reaction, quickly covering the town with a good downpour.


In a few hours, the clouds would dissipate by themselves; And without any further weather scheduled for Ponyville, you call it a day. Lying on a cloud high above the skies, you take a moment to relax and nurture your worn out wings. You lie quietly on you back, enjoying the serenity of the scene. Given the warm day, you could just fall asleep on the spot.


You yawn deeply, shutting your eyes for a brief second. When they do reopen, you find a very excited looking Rainbow Dash, perched just on to of you. Her hooves are digging into your chest, causing you to exhale slightly. You try and return to your forty winks but the sudden feeling of her entire wight on you quickly forces you back into the real world.


"Is there something you need Dashie?"


She leans her head closer to your neck, wrapping her hooves around you at the same moment. You feel your muscles clench slightly at the feeling but you quickly relax them, already very much used to this treatment.


"Come on Lightning! It's like... Barely past one o'clock. Let's go do something cool!"


Besides wanting to ask what could be considered cool, you can't be bothered to get off this soft, cushion of condensed water vapour. You let out an apathetic grunt, signalling your unwillingness to move.


You feel her get up of your body. Opening a single eyelid, you carefully watch her next move; wary of her unpredictable intentions.


In a flash, she suddenly grabs your hooves, pinning them to the cloud. For a pony with pretty fast reflexes, you're surprised you never had a second to react. Now, with both your hooves out of your use and Rainbow Dash, suggestively grinding against your body. you cry out in shock and plea.


"What the hell Rainbow Dash!?!?"


she seems undeterred by your comments, leaning in towards your face. Before long, you stop her advance with a deep kiss.


Happy with your response, she leans in further, clearly enjoying the romantic moment. You can't imagine the last time you made out with anypony on a cloud; You let your thoughts drift away to the back of your mind while you savor the thrill of the moment. By now she has given up on holding you against your will. You break your hooves free from her now weak grasp, now placing them around her.


You feel as her wings unfold, clearly turned on by the experience. By now, more than your wings were ready for action but you resisted the beast inside of you to just mount her now. Instead, you quickly break the kiss; Parting your mouth from hers before sitting up properly on the cloud.


"AWWW... I was just starting to have some fun Lightning..."


You lightly brush off your wings and fur, before pulling Rainbow Dash closer to you and kissing her lightly on the side of her snout. She giggles lightly before pushing you away from her. You take a peek over the edge of your cloud and nod satisfyingly at the fact nopony was around to see the lone cloud in the sky, erratically bobbing about in the sky.


You look back at Rainbow Dash. She tilts her head in reply, hoping you would ask the first question.


You honour her wishes and ask what she wants to do for the rest of the day.


"I don't know! I don't think that far ahead but we could like... you know? Just chill in Ponyville."


you try your best to look interested in her ideas, hoping that this wouldn't lead onto some grand adventure. you quickly return your attention to her as she shakes you frantically; Clearly excited to tell you something


"I Know! I know! You can meet all my friends while we're in town!"


"You mean AppleJack, Twillight, Rarity and what was her name again? Kinky Pie?"


She facehoofs instantly, annoyed that you remembered one of her friends in such a manner.


"PINKIE PIE."


"Right... Right... I knew that."


You lean over the edge of your cloud, hugging the soft, fluffy material. You take a look at Ponyville in the near distance and wonder just how exiting this place could be. Your thoughts are quickly interrupted by a growling noise, coming from your belly. Accompanying the grumbling was a deep throbbing pain from it.


You're hungry and you wanted food now.


"Hey, Dashie?"


"That's my name!"


You look at her, happily twiddling her hooves behind you, still excited and content with her intimate moment with you. You feel warm and happy when you see Rainbow Dash happy like that. Though you envy her carefree and easy life; you still love her active and spunky personality.


"Could we get something to eat in town?"


"Yeah! There's soooooo many places we could eat. We could go to Sugarcube Corner or the fancy restaurant-"


"How about something less... grand?"


"OH OK! there's this new cafe that just opened. I heard they have amazing food! Oh and there's this nice part outside to eat and-"


"OK OK! we'll eat there then..."


You and Rainbow Dash quickly hop off the cloud; as you do so, it rapidly poofs away into the atmosphere. You make a b-line for Ponyville with Rainbow Dash in hot pursuit. You both know who the best flier in Equestria is. Depending on how you rate "Best". Rainbow Dash certainly wins in a all out sprint, but when it comes to some real flying action, you're pretty sure you have the edge over her.


You look back, hoping to see Rainbow Dash far behind you. You turn your head just enough to look back but still keeping your aerodynamic shape. You spot her, trailing behind. You feel your heart jump knowing that you, for once have the lead.


Barely.


You look back again, this time focusing on that grin on her face. That mischievous grin, plastered on her face. She wasn't even trying and she knew it. You wonder why she would lead you on like that, but you weren't having any of that.


You slowed down just a pace, keeping a pony's distance in front of her. You once again turn to face Rainbow Dash. You can tell she's enjoying this feeling; the feeling one gets when they have somepony else in a false sense of security. She calls out to you between breaths.


"Wow Lightning, you really want to beat me this time don't ya?"


You keep a calm expression on your face, trying to maintain your oblivious look.


"Hey Rainbow? New rule... Last pony there is paying for lunch."


"I'm cool with that. Just be ready to get your bits out..."

She chuckles deviously at your challenge. That mare is full of spunk and isn't scare of taking on the world. Without second thought, You quickly put all your remaining energy into flapping those wings, flying straight for Ponyville. You hear Rainbow Dash's breath behind you, slowly creeping closer. You push yourself to the limit, throwing everything you have left into your wings.


You wonder, just why you do these things to yourself. It was no surprise that on average, pegasi live shorter lives than any other pony. You put those thoughts to the back of your mind and focus on your flight. In your short daydream, you've managed to steer off course by a few degrees. A rookie's mistake that is sure to cost you some valuable time.


Within half a minute, you spot Ponyville town-center. You can see all the townsfolk minding their daily business, shopping, working and enjoying themselves. You brace yourself, not wanting to make a crash landing in the crowded street. The sight of the finish line is already starting to make your wings cramp up.


You pull up slightly to slow yourself down and touch down gently in front of the row of shop houses. You look around you and see no rainbow maned pony in sight. You jump in glee and let out a weak cheer. Another beat over Rainbow Dash. Another rare occasion to log on the scoreboard. You feel ready to enjoy your win over a hot lunch...


"Hey Lightning! I win. You're buying!"


You turn around and look for the source of the voice. It was impossible. She couldn't have beaten you to the cafe. You got to the town first. You let out a disappointing sigh.


"Screw you Rainbow! Can't I win for once?"


"Well... you should've know where we were eating... You never learn, do you Lightning?"


You sit sourly in your seat, pouting like foal. You and Rainbow soon order your food and patiently wait. You still feel sore about losing. It wasn't anything like you; You were never a sore loser, but maybe it was because you rarely lost...


"Come on Lightning... Cheer up! It was just a race."


You turn your head up and spot Rainbow Dash, sitting happily on her chair. You spot the beads of sweat on her fur. At a closer glance, you realize just how hot she looks after a workout. You look closely at her folded wings, tucked gently away. Your gaze moves lower down her sides, focusing on her-


"Lightning. My face is up here."


You quickly sit back straight. You've turned a bright red, Embarrassed that she just caught you staring at her. You quickly bury your face beneath your hooves, hoping none of the other patrons saw what had happened.


"I know I'm a nice piece of eye candy Lightning, but I thought you were better than that."


She smiles at you teasingly, flicking her tail gently, still waiting for her food to arrive. You keep silent, trying to avoid her devilish stare. Eventually, you're saved by your food. A pony quickly brings both Rainbow Dash's and your food. You spend the rest of your meal in near total silence, mostly because both of you were stuffing your faces with the many courses they had to offer.


Once you've felt content with your meal, you return your attention back to you friend across the table. She's busy drinking the rest of her orange drink through the small straw. You watch as the water level of the sweet cordial gets lower and lower in the glass. Within seconds, you hear the satisfying sound of a straw sucking in an empty glass, now only filled with melting ice cubes.


*SLUUUUUUUURPPP*


"So.... we done then?"


As Rainbow Dash returns you a polite nod, you pick up the costly bill. You stare at the pricing for each individual dish with suspicion and groan at the twenty percent service and government charge. You empty out some bits onto the table for the price of the meal and leave a decent tip for the waiter. Having moved to Ponyville, your salary has decreased quite a bit. In contrast, living expenses are very low in comparison to big cities like Canterlot and Cloudsdale.


You quickly make off from the cafe, following Rainbow Dash on foot. you see her weaving past the various stalls across the market square and watch as she navigates between the bustling vendors and shoppers. you spot a large tree-house in the distance which you now know to be the town library; also home to Twilight Sparkle, one of Rainbow Dash's many new friends.


Rainbow Dash turns her head back towards you before giving a sly wink. You take a deep cautious breath before following her to the front door. You pause for a second, in front of the tall structure. Remembering everything you've been told so far by Rainbow Dash about her friends, hoping that you haven't forgotten any critical details.


You lift the door knocker and tap it against the hardwood door lightly. You hear a commotion inside between 2 hushed voices before the room falls silent. A distant reply from inside attracts your attention. You stare blankly at the door, thinking of a good conversation starter.


"ummm... Just a minute!"


You turn back to Rainbow Dash who shrugs at you with a blank expression. You hear the door creak open and turn to face the pony at the door.


Your attention quickly diverts to the short baby dragon looking up at you from the crack. You smile genuinely at him before he opens the door for you and Rainbow Dash.


" *sigh* It's for you Twillight..."


You step in cautiously, passing by the purple dragon who'd greeted you. Upon noticing Rainbow Dash, he displayed a more genuine greeting before walking out, shutting the door behind you.


You look up and spot the thousands of books, carefully stacked and arranged in some storage order. You notice the entire room was lined with these towering bookshelves, explaining the huge facade outside. Somehow, just being in the presence of these stores of information just made you feel smarter, even if you never had the thing for reading. Novels never really caught your attention.


"Uhhh... I'm not exactly a fan of reading Dashie."


"Hey! Don't badmouth the books! You should start reading; It's sooooo awsome!"


Before you manage to start a line of inquiry about what Rainbow Dash was talking about, you spot a purple unicorn emerging from a side-room. Your short walk-in with her when you first arrived did allow you to learn she was the in house librarian and also a student.


You quickly notice a dark pink, six point star for her cutie mark. Suggesting her interest in the stars and astronomy. You look back up to say hello but quickly find her blushing in embarrassment. You quickly realize that both her and Rainbow Dash were watching your gaze. Needless to say, neither of them were impressed.


You quickly find Rainbow Dash trying to wrap her hooves around you, aiming to choke you into regretting your actions while Twilight just turned sheepishly before commenting.


"Mr Lightning, do you always seem to introduce yourself by ogling mares flanks?"


You stand there motionless. Mouth agape. You would be lying if you said no and a quick turn to Rainbow Dash quickly reminded you of how you two met in the first place.


"Well... the tactic seems to work..."


Smart move idiot. Why don't you let Rainbow do the talking instead?


You quickly turn to Rainbow Dash, signalling her to start the conversation. She picks up your request and promptly lands. Taking a seat between you and Twilight.


"We were just here because we wanted to hang out Twi. Lightning never actually properly introduced himself to everypony."


"Right! I see."


She quickly turns to face you.


"So Lightning? You schooled in the top flight school in all of Equestria?"


"umm... yeah. Graduated top in my class:"


"And Rainbow Dash never told us anything about that!"


Rainbow Dash quickly steps in, hoping to continue the story.


"Well... I didn't think it was worth mentioning ya know? I mean we all know I'm the best flyer in all of Equestria. I dropped so Lightning could get some recognition."


You two both stare doubtfully at the pegasus. She sits proudly and clearly full of herself.


You hear a faint knocking of a door behind you; Clearly, somepony was expecting more guests and you were going to meet them.

Twillight quickly scuttled across the room, using her unicorn magic to unlock the door.


"OOH! I think it's the rest of the group! We are going to have the best afternoon; don't you think Lightning?"


You resign your fate to an afternoon hanging out with Rainbow Dash and her friends. Somepony did once tell you that one day, you would be hanging out with all the mares. Somehow that didn't seem as appealing anymore...


"Yeah... It's going to be... smashing."




===========================================================================
===========================================================================


Next Chapter: You properly introduce yourself to the lovely mane 6


===========================================================================

Author's Note:

BLARG!!!! Scary huh? of course not...

This was finished a LONG time ago but i just did not want to publish it and kept putting it off. Anyway, I hate to see others desperate for a new chapter; so enjoy.


In reference to the end of season 3. I fit into the category that watched the entire last episode, stared at the screen during the credits and called BULLSHIT. It wasn't much the plot or story I was really pissed about but the execution of the episode. I have faith in the story writers and the future for MLP:FiM episodes but the last episode just felt very rushed and incomplete.

Such a major event happened in less than a half episode, clearly showing some rushing element to push the story or interference from the senior management. I hope they get their act together for season 4, and make up for the poor season 3 finale. In general, I would consider season 3 to be the "weakest" of the three; Spike seems to be a total idiot and a jerk in addition to having very little plot progression until the last episode.

What do you all think?

opinions? highlights? facts?
feel free to comment and share ^_^