• Published 17th Dec 2012
  • 892 Views, 57 Comments

Mein Kampf - Darkswirl



Luna explains what really went on during the rebellion of Nightmare Moon.

  • ...
22
 57
 892

Schwärze ewige

I sighed again as I noticed the sun begin to lower, my sister waiting for me to raise the moon so that she could sleep.

We had spent hours picking through rubble and ashes, hoping to find something- anything that appeared out of place.

The Guard had grown weary of searching, having found nothing at all from every corner of what remained, leaving me to contemplate what could have possibly gone on here.

Was it a meeting hall for assassins? Had a contract been signed?

Was it simply foals hoping to explore? The Pegasus in the dungeon was awfully young, but no. Something was off about the entire town, and it was maddening not being able to figure out what.

"Lieutenant. Take thy troops back to the castle. We will raise the moon and follow thee, afterwards." I ordered.

Skyward Sword nodded sharply and rallied his platoon before leading them back to the castle for much needed rest.

When they had gone, I looked around at the ruins I occupied.

"What art thee hiding from us, shadows?" I asked quietly before raising my head and letting the comforting feel of the moon fill my body as I guided it into it's position among the stars.

When I opened my eyes again, a light twinkle shone at my hooves.

"What's this?" I asked myself, tilting my head to get a better look at the metal.

It was a handle!

Clever devils... I thought as I wondered whether or not to call back Lieutenant Skyward Sword. They hath known that this building would be searched during daylight, so a spell was cast in order to keep this entrance hidden until our moon rose, when the ponies...Were sighted in the building...

Deciding against loosing precious time intercepting Skyward Sword, and fighting down the adrenaline that had suddenly built up inside of me, I grasped the round handle in my magical grasp and lifted.

The scent of cold earth and moss was overwhelming, but not unpleasant.

Using my horn as a light, I carefully descended the wooden steps that led into the earthly corridor. The blackness stretched on in front of me forever.

I smiled determinedly, proud of my victory.

I had spent many more hours traversing the inner workings of the caverns beneath Stalliongrad; besting traps and doubling back from dead ends, marking my previous paths with marks in the dirt, until I had reached the end.

The true end.

Before me stood a giant wooden door with a light coming from under it.

Whatever had brought those ponies to the now burnt down house was in here- I was sure of it.

Building up my courage was not a hard thing to do, and after I had done so, I pushed open the door and stepped into the candlelight that lay within.

Author's Note:

I apologize for the shortness of this chapter. I wanted to do many things with this, ranging from Chrysalis surprising Luna from behind before she opening the door, to having the room completely empty. But, none of those seemed right at the time, and I decided to leave you all on a cliffhanger instead; even though it's not really a cliffhanger.