• Published 20th Dec 2022
  • 1,250 Views, 55 Comments

Flash Sentry Chronicles: Jakhowls Rising - Banshee531



Sometime after Cozy Glow's defeat, Springer and his friends will be called to an unknown area. There, Springer will discover that there's always a chance for a species to begin anew. Even his.

  • ...
5
 55
 1,250

Chapter 2

"What do you mean there are more jakhowls out there?" Flash asked as he, Twilight, Spike, Heart and Soul followed the three canines through the castle.

"We saw them!" Ace yelled as they reached the jakhowls' rooms. Each grabbed a backpack and began filling them with whatever they thought they might need. "They were on a mountain and were using some kind of weird aura ball."

"He's right," Mira nodded as she stuffed a sleeping bag inside her backpack. "I think they were trying to call all the jakhowls in Equestria to them. They looked surprised when they saw we were the only ones that showed up, but they told us to come and find them."

"And that's what we're gonna do," Springer finished.

"Hang on there!" Twilight exclaimed, "Before you three go galivanting off on what could be a wild goose chase, have you actually thought about any of this? How do you know this isn't some kind of trap?"

"Yeah," Flash nodded. "The last time you thought you found another jakhowls, you found Shade instead. You just got done fighting him, do you want to do it again?"

Springer turned to him, a slight glare on his face as he remembered that last confrontation. The trickster had leapt into a blizzard, and hadn't been seen since. The thought of him already back was...unnerving to say the least as Springer let out a sigh, "No." he shook his head, "It's real this time. I can feel it." He turned to the ponies and saw nothing but frowns, "Listen, I know you're worried, but I need to do this. If there really are jakhowls out there, I have to find them. I don't know where they've been all this time, but I have to figure it out."

They all exchanged glances before nodding, "Alright," Flash grumbled with crossed hooves, "But at least let us send a letter to the princesses. You know Luna will want to know that more jakhowls have returned." Springer nodded back at that, Spike quickly taking out a scroll and writing it as Ace and Mira stepped out of their room.

"Alright," Ace shook his bag up his back, "What are we waiting for?"

Springer gave them a raised eyebrow, "Who said you two were going?"

"What?!" They yelped, looks of horror now on their faces as Springer shook his head.

"Flash is right. This could be a trap."

"All the more reason to take us with you!" Mira yelled back, "Going alone is dumb. Going with us, not so dumb."

Springer's eyes narrowed at this, "No." They opened their mouths, only for Springer to lean down, making them stumble as he added, "Listen, I know I showed you why I fought him last time and the times before, but you two should know that if it is Shade, you're not ready."

Ace and Mira shared a glance before glaring back at their mentor, "We're ready!" Ace exclaimed, Springer about to reply before the young jakhowl added, "We're not little pups anymore! We've trained hard, and we can hold our own just as much as you can." Springer frowned at this, "Don't forget, we helped save Equestria. I'm pretty sure that qualifies us for going on epic adventures."

"And it wasn't just you who got called," Mira continued, "We were summoned too, and we want to meet the other jakhowls!" She and Ace then gave Springer their best puppy dog eyes, Springer flinching before letting out a groan.

"Fine." The two cheered as Spike finished writing the letter and sent it off. "Alright...if we're going, then let me see what you two packed. Even if we do Rune Gate there, we might still be needing all the provisions." The pair nodded and showed him their bags, Mira having packed her sleeping bag and teeth care products while Ace had only packed a bunch of junk food. "Really?"

"What? I don't wanna meet the jakhowls with my blood sugar low! I might get cranky and make the wrong impression." Springer rolled his eyes and the three headed down to the kitchen where they grabbed as much food as they could carry with them.

"Water bottles?"

"Filled and ready," Mira smirked as she pointed to the three bottles of water now on the counter.

"Flashlight?"

"Got and given new batteries," Ace spun the device in his paws before almost dropping it to the floor.

"Anything else we might need?"

"All packed with the rest of us." The three turned to the door and saw Flash, Twilight, Spike, Heart, Soul and Starlight all with their own bags on their back. "What?" Flash asked when he saw them stare, "You think we'd let you do this on your own?"

"Yeah," Soul smirked, "We're coming with you."

Heart nodded. "And if it is a trap..." He punched a hoof into his other, making a puff of smoke appear. The others turned to him as Spike suddenly started coughing. Moments later, he spat out a blast of ash that swirled into a scroll.

Twilight caught it and started reading aloud, "Dear Twilight. Luna and I were shocked to hear about Springer's discovery. Though we hope the vision they had was true, we also cannot ignore the possibility that this is some kind of trap. I would like for you to go with Springer and confirm if the jakhowls really have returned. If they have, I can think of nopony better suited for beginning friendly relations with them than the Princess of Friendship." Twilight blushed with pride, "Please go with Springer and make sure everything is okay."

"Awesome!" Flash cheered, "Celestia's on board with us going." Twilight nodded and kept reading.

"However, I think it would be best if you limit your number. I know you probably want to go with your friends, but too many ponies appearing may seem like an act of aggression. I suggest no more then five of you go along with Springer and the pups if they are going as well. Hope to hear back from you soon, Princess Celestia."

"Only five?" Soul started counting. "If you don't count Spike, that makes five. But I'm guessing Spike would still count to the number. So that's six of us."

"One's gonna have to stay behind," Flash sighed.

"I'll stay," Starlight chimed in, "You'll need somepony to keep things running in case something school related happens. And I can tell everypony else what happened when they come around." The others nodded and thanked Starlight as they headed for the Rune Gate.

Twilight then fired a temporary Rune Gate to the location Springer had told her about. "Alright," the Rune Gate started powering up, "I've sent the other gate to a forest about a mile or so away from the mountain. Don't want the jakhowls getting scared by it and attacking before we can explain things."

"Good idea," Springer nodded as the pillar of light appeared. The jakhowl took a deep breath at this, his thoughts going between the idea of meeting more of his kind...and a certain fox's trap. "Alright. Here goes."

"Good luck!" Starlight told them as they nodded back, Springer going first as he walked up to the light, only to feel a pair of paws grabbing his. He looked down and saw Ace and Mira holding his paws, the pair smiling up at him as he nodded back. They then stepped through the portal together, Spike following behind, the twins going in next. Fash and Twilight stepped up and turned to Starlight, who nodded at them. They smiled back before stepping through the portal together, only for the portal to close.

"I hope everything goes well." Starlight sighs. "Please be safe."


Within a forest a bit away from the mountain, a pillar of light exploded upward as Springer stepped out with Ace and Mira. Heart, Soul, Spike, Flash and Twilight followed suit as the pillar vanished, Heart asking, "Is this is?" Ace ran ahead at this, hopping onto one of the trees and using his claws to help him scale it. Once he was at the top, he glanced around, now seeing the mountain a good mile or so away from the edge of the forest.

"There it is!" He exclaimed as he hopped down and Twilight caught him in her magic. "That way!" He pointed at it and Springer held a paw out in that direction, sending out a wave of aura...only to not feel a thing.

"Doesn't mean they're not there," he added as he took the lead, the younglings on his tail, Spike and the ponies following after them.

"I really hope this doesn't turn out to be for nothing." Flash whispered to Twilight as he saw the determined look on Springer's face, "I don't think he could handle it if there wasn't anything there."

"Something had to have called them here," Twilight replied, "If it's not the jakhowl, who could it be?"

"I just hope it wasn't Shade...or somehow another Trickster." Flash finished as the eight made their way through the forest.

And as they reached the edge, the others now saw the mountain. "Is that it?" Heart asked, the jakhowls nodding.

"How many jakhowls did you see on it?" Soul chimed in.

"Only five," Mira responded, "But they were all really old."

"But it might not just be them," Ace added, "I mean, I hope there's some jakhowls our age we can hang out with."

Springer nodded at this, "And even if there aren't, who knows what those old timers could teach us. There could be a whole new level of aura power we haven't discovered yet."

Mira and Ace grinned at this, Mira definitely hoping they knew how to teach her to properly form a Bone Breaker. And as they continued across the rocky landscape toward the mountain, the soon saw the place had a fence of rocks surrounding the base of differing sizes and shapes. Sighing at the sight, they began to climb over the boulders.

But as they did this, a bunch of eyes stared at the group, Mirage appearing on top of one of the rocks. "What have you found?"

"Intruders," a jakhowl pulled itself into the light. Compared to Springer and Mirage, he was a very different color. The normally black parts of his body were purple, while the rest of him was white and his chest fur was orange. "They appeared from out of the forest and some of us saw a strange light appear from it before. They're heading straight towards us."

Mirage frowned and glanced over the rocks, seeing the figures, only to notice three of them were jakhowls. "What?" She asked, remembering her father telling her about what had happened before. The group were now getting over the first hurdle of boulders, the sight making her growl, "We can't let them get too close. If those jakhowls have allied themselves with our enemy, we must teach them a lesson for betraying their kind." The other jakhowls all nodded as they stepped into the light, each one being a different assortment of colors and all looking ready for a fight.


The group now found themselves staring at a huge rock fence now, one that would need a lot of climbing. "We could just fly over them," Flash chimed in, "Twilight and Soul can carry Springer in their magic and I'll carry the youngsters. Shouldn't cause too much of a problem, right?"

They all nodded in agreement, only for Spike to point up at the boulders, "Hey! What's that?"

"What was what?" Twilight asked as they spun around to stare at where he was pointing.

"I...I thought I saw something. Movement." The others followed his gaze, only to find nothing.

That is, till Heart pointed at another rock, "There!" They turned and still saw nothing, only for Soul to spot another shift behind some more rocks.

"Over there!"

Flash let out a huff at this and pulled out his sword. "Alright, who's there?! Show yourself!"

As he yelled this, nothing happened. The group clenched up at this, only for Springer to point upward, "Look out!" He then summoned an Aura Guard as a blue sphere hit his barrier and exploded. "No way." The smoke quickly faded, and when it did, they were greeted to the sight of the one who fired the attack.

Mirage landed on one of the rocks and glared down at them, Springer's eyes going wide at the sight of her. And she did not look happy. "Why did you come here?!" Springer's voice seemed to vanish as he stared at her, the jakhowl growling as she saw she was now being ignored. "Answer me!"

Springer shook his head at this before lowering his shield. "We came because we were summoned here. A bunch of old jakhowls appeared to us in a dream and told us to come."

"And why did you bring them?" She pointed to the ponies and dragon with a snarl.

"They're our friends," Mira instantly replied, "They came to make sure we weren't walking into a trap."

Mirage's face twisted at that, "You're friends with our sworn enemies?!" She yelled, the group going wide-eyed before she added, "You traitors!"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Twilight stepped up, "There must be some mistake. We're not enemies. Ponies just want to welcome you back to Equestria."

"Equestria? What is that?!"

"That's where you are," Flash replied, "This is the kingdom of Equestria. Where did you think you were?"

Mirage's eyes narrowed at this, "So, our enemies were able to conquer this land while we were away. Well, you won't take our home from us! Jakhowls!" As she yelled this, four more figures leapt up from behind the rocks. They landed on either side of her, all showing to be jakhowls of different color combinations in their fur, bands and feet.

"Whoa..." Heart gasped.

"Well..." Flash turned to Springer, "At least now we know the jakhowls actually have returned."

"Why do I get the feeling that this is gonna be a really complicated problem?" Springer responded.

"Last chance," Mirage growled, "Leave or be destroyed."

"Now hang on, this is all a big misunderstanding," Twilight chimed in, "We're not your-" She didn't get to finish as one of the jakhowls fired a blue orb at her. She gasped at this, Flash quickly getting in front of her and slashing the sphere, cutting it in half and causing the ends to fly off in different directions and explode.

The jakhowls all leapt down off the rocks and once they hit the ground, all charging next, "What do we do?" Soul asked as they came, "We can't fight them."

"I don't think they're giving us much of a choice," Heart ignited his body.

"Don't let them hurt you," Twilight commanded, "But try not to hurt them either." As they said this, Mirage's paw spike morphed into a Steel Paw.

"Try to not hurt the younglings!" She announced, "There's a chance their brainwashing can be undone!" She then leapt at Springer, who quickly formed a Bone Breaker. The pair met in the air, Springer using his staff to shield himself against her claws while the others scattered. Flash was fighting the purple and white one while Twilight put a shield around herself to defend against a teal one with a brown chest and black bands while Spike made a pair of fire claws that he held up defensively. Ace and Mira found themselves up against a brown one with gray bands and yellow chest fur, while Heart and Soul were being attacked by one that looked like an older Mira with green chest fur.

Springer and Mirage pushed against one another, their eyes glaring into each other. "Please," Springer groaned, "I don't wanna do this. We're not your enemies."

"You side with the ponies," Mirage hissed, "That makes us your enemy." She pushed Springer back and started slashing at him rapidly, the male jakhowl swinging his staff around and barely managing to block them all. This seemed to make Mirage raise an eyebrow. "Who trained you? Your stance is all wrong and you're barely holding the staff correctly."

"Nobody trained me. I trained myself." This made Mirage stop for a second, only for Springer to split the bone in half and started swinging it at her. "I don't know where you and your friends have been, but jakhowls and ponies aren't enemies." He swung both bones down and Mirage crossed her claws. "My tribe were allied with the ponies since my dad was a cub. The ponies have only ever treated us with respect. And when we vanished, they mourned us."

"Vanished?!" She pushed Springer back, only for the male jakhowl to lock her in place with his aura weapon.

"Until today, I thought we were the last three jakhowls alive. But now you all show up." He stared right into her eyes, "How many more of you are there?"

"Why would you want to know?" She growled, "Planning to turn us into a bunch of pony slaves like you?!" She then leapt back and formed an Aura Blast, "I won't let you hurt them!" She fired the orb and Springer simply deflected it without much issue, making Mirage go wide-eyed. "What? How are you able to do that with no training?"

And as this exchange happened, another jakhowl was watching the events. This one was black in color, with blood red bands and dark gray chest fur. He watched with a snarl as he grumbled, "Mirage should have let me handle this. I could have destroyed these vermin in ten seconds."

"You sure could." He turned to another jakhowl, this one being in his child form, his fur being snot green with a brown mask and feet. "You could have taken them down no issue. Yup, yup. That's why you're the best and when this is over, you'll be leading us into the future."

"That's right," he nodded. "And don't you forget it." He stared back down at the fight, grinning at the sight, "I'll give you five minutes Mirage...then I'll kill 'em."


Flash managed to block his opponent's Bone Breaker, the purple and white jakhowl glaring at him as he swung the staff around with one paw and formed an Aura Blast with the other. "Whoa!" He leapt back to avoid the staff and then thrust his sword forward, "Flash Force!" A laser came out next, hitting the Aura Blast and making it explode between them, forming a smoke cloud, only for the jakhowl to leapt through the fog.

Flash flared his wings and flew over the jakhowl, "Would you just listen to us for five minutes?!" The jakhowl started firing Aura Blast after Aura Blast at him, the pony quickly flapping around each attack.

"Things have changed!" Twilight cried as she and Spike dodged their jakhowl's Steel Paw, Spike attempting to grab him, but the wolf leapt back and flipped through the air. "I don't know where you come from, but ponies and jakhowl aren't enemies in Equestria!"

The jakhowl then fired an Aura Force, Twilight summoning another magic shield. As this happened, Ace formed a Bone Breaker and charged at his opponent, who simply caught it in his paw before shifting his head to avoid Mira's Aura Blast. "I'm sorry if these ponies have hurt you," he told the two. "But don't worry. We can help you break whatever spell you're under."

"We're not under a spell!" Ace yelped.

"The ponies have been nothing but kind to us!" Mira added as the jakhowl pulled Ace's Bone Breaker out of his grasp before spinning around and slamming his tail into them. They were both knocked back and landed near Heart and Soul, the alicorn noticing this.

"Hang on!" She gasped, using her magic to heal the scrapes they were getting

"Stop brainwashing them!" The jakhowl Heart was fighting roared as he fired an Aura Blast at her, only for Heart to shoot a stream of fire at the orb.

"We're not brainwashing them!" Heart growled, "Ace and Mira are our friends! We were there when they hatched. We've had fun with them and taught them how to do a load of things. Heck, we're the ones that gave them their names."

"Sounds like a pet to me," the jakhowl hissed, "Otherwise known as a slave!" He charged with a Bone Breaker at this, forcing Heart and Soul to take to the air.

And as this happened, Springer and Mirage continued to clash, Springer finding himself on even footing due to Mirage's obviously more advanced training, allowing her to keep up with Springer's greater strength. They locked attacks again, Springer's Bone Breaker keeping her claws from gorging out his eyes. "Please," he gasped, "Stop this. We don't want to fight. Just listen to us."

Mirage huffed, "You might have turned your back on our kind, but I won't!" She pushed him away, only for her body to glow. The next thing Springer knew, Mirage leapt up and four more of her suddenly appeared.

"What the heck?!" Springer yelped as he saw five jakhowls all doing something different. One had her Steel Paw out, another was making an Aura Blast, one was ready to punch him and the last two looked like they were about do a Kamen Pony kick. All Springer could do was dispel his staff and put up an Aura Guard as all five struck it, pushing him back. And as he did this, the Aura Blast she had thrust created an explosion that shattered through the shield, knocking Springer back as the other three rushed in and struck him all at the same time.

Springer was sent flying back, crashing into the dirt. Mirage then landed in front of him, as the other four vanished, leaving her to stand tall and glaring at Springer. At the same time, the other jakhowls seemed to get their defensive opponents on the backfoot. Springer moaned as he rolled onto his front and pushed himself to his knees, then glanced around and saw the others in trouble. "Please. I haven't betrayed the jakhowls." He stood up and glared at Mirage. "When I was born, I was alone. The rest of my kind were gone, thought extinct. The ponies took me in and made me the jakhowl I am today." He started glowing, "That's why they're my friends."

Mira then felt herself clench up at this, now feeling a surge of aura pour off him. This flow made the other jakhowls turn to Springer, making them all stop fighting, all now staring at the jakhowl.

"And even if it means I have to take you all down...I'LL PROTECT THEM!"

With that, the light exploded off of him, the jakhowls all staggering back at feeling the sudden burst of power that flew off him. And up on the mountain, the other jakhowl saw this and his eyes went wide. "No," he whispered, "That's impossible!"

Mirage's whole body shook as she saw Springer grow taller, his whole form changing as the light exploded off of him to reveal his Mega Mode. "You...you..."

"Yeah," Springer smirked, "I thought this would surprise you." He suddenly vanished with a burst of wind, only for Mirage to feel something fast and strong slam into her. She cried out as she was knocked flying back, the rest of her group all getting struck seconds apart.

One by one, they all crashed into the rocks surrounding the mountain as Springer reappeared. He didn't even look winded at the incredible speed he had just used, as Mirage and her friends moaned. Each of them slid down the rocks and hit the dirt, only for Mirage to glance back up at Springer and whispered, "Incredible...could he be the one?"

"Now," Springer pointed a finger at her, "Are you gonna listen to us and let us explain?"

Mirage just stared at him, her mouth not moving. She didn't answer, instead looking away as she seemed to be weighing her options.

But before she could answer, something suddenly slammed down in front of Springer. The surprised jakhowl backpedaled at this, only for a red beam to fly straight at him, Springer side-stepped just in time. "Red aura?" He asked as he stared at where the attack had come from.

"Razor!" Mirage gasped as the black colored jakhowl stood in front of her and summoned a red Bone Breaker.

"Leave this to me," he growled without even looking at her before pointing his weapon at Springer, "I don't know how you were able to fake that form outsider, but I know it's not real. Probably a trick using those pony's magic."

"What are you talking about?" Springer looked himself over, "This is real. I've had it for a long time."

"No, it's not." Razor hissed, "Because only one jakhowl can possibly have that from." As he said that, a veil of red light wrapped around him. "Me!" The light exploded off of him and Springer staggered back, feeling an intense energy pulsing off the jakhowl as his body began to change.

"No way," Flash gasped.

Razor was now an exact copy of Springer in his Mega Mode, but retained his previous color scheme while the parts of his body that were red on Springer were dark blue. Razor was still holding his Bone Breaker and as he pointed it at Springer, the shape of it's tip started changing. Seconds later, the bone staff had a blade on it the same size and shape as Flash's Celestic Gear.

Razor then charged as Springer formed his own Bone Breaker and tried to block it, but Razor's aura blade simply cut through it. "Whoa!" Springer staggered back as Razor pointed to blade at him and thrust it, Springer then summoning Steel Paws to grab the blade between the claws. The two were locked in place for several moments as Springer grunted out, "I'm...not...your enemy."

"You're trying to take what's mine," Razor growled, "That makes you my enemy." He suddenly dispelled his weapon and spun around, kicking Springer in the face.

"Augh!" Springer staggered back as Razor formed an Aura Blast, which he thrust forward as it turned into a red Aura Force. The laser shot straight for Springer, the jakhowl putting up a shield just in time.

"That's it!" He yelled after the blow hit him, soon reshaping his shield into his avatar's head, neck, upper body and arms. Razor's eyes almost widened at the sight, only for the avatar to grab him between both paws. "That should hold you until you calm down!"

"Pathetic." Razor spat as he formed a red sphere around him that grew larger and larger. Springer tried to hold him, but it quickly began to change shape. By the time he realized what was happening, the red jakhowl avatar was completely formed, Springer and his friends looking up in shock as the red giant stared down at them.

"Now do you see, you fake?!" Razor hissed, "Anything your fake power can do, I can do better!" He raised his foot at this, "Die outsiders!"

He then thrust his foot down at the ponies, "NO!" Springer roaring as his avatar grew and completely formed. Within seconds, the two jakhowl-shaped aura masses were the same height as Springer's blocked Razor's avatar's foot before the two stared one another down. "I won't let you hurt my friends."

"And how is a fake like you gonna stop me?" Razor spat as the pair pulled a fist back. "You will not take what is mine, you-"

"ENOUGH!" An Aura Force fired at the pair and flew between them, hitting the ground on the other side. Everyone turned to the mountain and saw several cloaked jakhowls standing on a ledge just above the avatars' heads. The old jakhowl Springer had seen before stood at the front, his paw out smoking from the laser.

"It's you..." Springer whispered.

The old jakhowl didn't look happy and the others pulled their hoods back, revealing themselves to be jakhowls that looked just as old as the cream colored one. Each of them was a different color, being the same color as the trim of their cloaks. "Stop this foolishness," the lead jakhowl yelled as he started jumping down from the mountain.

"Father!" Mirage exclaimed, picking herself up. As the five landed upon the rocks, the jakhowls all stood to attention. All except Springer, Ace, Mira and Razor. "The jakhowls you contacted. They have allied themselves with the ponies!"

"I can see that," the cream one replied. "But I can also see that these ponies do not have any malice within them. They are not here to do us harm." He looked up at the two avatars. "You two, come down here and let us deal with this situation like civilized beings." Springer smiled while Razor let out a hiss, pulling his avatar's fist back again, "RAZOR!"

"Stupid elder." Razor growled as both dispelled their avatars, the duo floating to the ground.

As they did this, the five old jakhowls stared Springer over, seeing him still in his Mega Mode. And as he reverted back to normal, Razor continued to glare at Springer while the blue jakhowl moved over to his friends.

"You all okay?"

"We'll live," Twilight replied, "We're just lucky some of those jakhowls realized we weren't their enemies." As she said that, the five older jakhowls moved over to them.

"I apologize for my daughter and her friend's sudden attack on you all. They have spent their lives waiting for the day they can actually work to protect our home, and were probably a little jumpy."

"It's alright," Twilight responded, "Nopony...nobody was hurt, so no harm done." She then noticed the jakhowls Springer had sent flying backwards into the rocks were looking a little beat up. "If you want, my student Soul is quite skilled with healing magic. She could heal your daughter and her friends."

"I think it's best they keep their injuries," the cream jakhowl replied, "Help them remember not to be so hasty to judge." He looked back at them and they all looked a little sheepish except Razor, who continued to glare at Springer. Despite this, the elder looked back at Springer, "Anyways, I see you managed to make it here. And before we were even able to make it down the mountain."

"Er...yeah. Sorry we were so fast." Springer light chuckled, "Its just...well, we have friends with some awesome magical abilities."

"Indeed." the elder laughed, "Now, let's do some introductions. I am Sirius, leader and high elder of the jakhowls." He turned to the other old jakhowls, "These are my fellow elders." They all nodded before Sirius pointed to the other jakhowls, "And you've already met my daughter and her friends." Razor growled at that word as Sirius turned back to them. "We welcome you here. Though when we reached out to you all, I'll admit to have been expecting a lot more jakhowls to reply."

Springer grimaced at this, only for Flash to step up to them, "Honestly, until today, we thought these three were the last jakhowls left alive."

The elders all frowned at this. "That is concerning. We should discuss this inside."

That statement got mixed receptions from everyone, shock from his fellow jakhowls and confusion from the others. "Inside?" Spike chimed in, "Inside what?" Sirius didn't reply and turned back to the mountain as the other jakhowls all walked up to him.

"Father," Mirage spoke up, "Showing them the way in could be dangerous!"

Sirius shook his head, "I told you, they have no malice within them. You need to spend less time training your body and more time training your heart." Mirage glared at him at this as Sirius led them up to the rocks. Springer glanced back at his friends, the ponies all shrugging before beginning to follow the group, the ponies and dragon flying while carrying Ace and Mira.

They soon found a path hidden behind the rocks, which they all headed up as it coiled around the mountain. Eventually, they came to an area of the mountain that had a cave in the side of it. And as they approached it, Twilight and Soul sensed something. "You okay?" Springer asked as he glanced back at them, sensing their surprise as the other jakhowls made their way through the hole.

"This wall," Twilight touched it. "There was magic within it. Fused into the rock itself. It's gone now, but I can sense its magic hoofprint."

"I can see you are well versed in magic," Sirius chimed in, "Indeed. The magic you are sensing is what remains of the magical seal that once trapped us within this mountain. The seal covered our entire home, keeping us trapped within until only recently."

Hearing this didn't surprise the newcomers. This wasn't the first time jakhowls had been sealed away. And as this happened, Twilight reached down and picked up a piece of rock on the ground, which was two different shades depending on the side. She then followed them as they headed through the hole. They found that the hole lead to a stone staircase that appeared to be a winding one they realized probably wrapped around the entire inside of the mountain.

After a while, they reached the bottom of the staircase. There they saw a long corridor that had a bunch of patterns etched into the walls. The same patterns could be seen on pillars holding up the roof and as they got closer to the end of it, they saw a stone arch in the middle of a stone wall. The arch was being shrouded by a bunch of drooping leaves hanging from something on the other side of it and as they got closer, they noticed a light occasionally breaking through the leaves. They all wondered what could be causing that light underground, but soon got their answer when the other jakhowls moved the leaves aside.

Stepping through the arch, they were greeted to one of the most amazing sights they had ever seen. Despite being underground, it almost felt like they were back outside. They were in a large round biome that was so large, the whole of Canterlot could probably fit within it. The edges of the area had giant stone walls that went up so high that they couldn't even guess their height. Several holes were in the wall and many of them were spitting out streams of water that filled large lakes and rivers scattered about the biome.

Looking at the ceiling, they saw a giant crystal sticking out of the roof that was giving off a bright light and in the very center was a massive tree, which they could see had a large number of wooden houses circling around it. And a fair distance away from this tree, out of the shade it produced that blocked the crystal's light, they spotted a flat area that was some kind of farm.

However, the truly amazing sight was the hundreds of jakhowls that they saw scattered around the place. There were many different colored jakhowls, some running around having fun while others were working on the farm, fixing and building houses, cleaning and swimming in the water or simply hanging around doing nothing. Multiple groups were also a good distance away, appearing to be training and sparring against one another.

Springer tried to count them, but kept losing count whenever he got close to triple digits. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. He had come looking for what he had hoped would be the last small group of jakhowls and instead had found an entire kingdom of them. He clutched his heart and fell to his knees as Sirius stepped up and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Welcome, my friend, to Aurarora."

Author's Note:

Springer and his friends finally get to meet the other jakhowls. Not the encounter they were hoping for, but things things appear to be looking up. Hope you enjoyed it.