• Published 5th Feb 2023
  • 723 Views, 7 Comments

Unforgettable - Starlight Fan



Starlight is unsure how to feel about Twilight’s ascension, she’s happy for her but she knows that Twilight will no longer see her much anymore. Starlight doesn’t know how to feel.

  • ...
2
 7
 723

And I Don’t Know How To Feel

Twilight stretched her legs and wings as she awoke from her bed. She sighed with a content smile, it was a long day after battling Tirek, Chrysalis, and Cozy Glow so it was good to get a good sleep.

She still narrowed her eyes a bit at that memory, what Discord did would always annoy Twilight. She understood he was chaotic and all but that was overdoing it. Though Twilight did have to admit, he did at least offer to atone for it by wearing an anti-magic collar for as long as possible. Celestia accepted this as a punishment, along with having to help rebuild the castle from the damages the Legion Of Doom made.

Twilight decided not to hold a grudge after that, but it’d be a while before she would be comfortable talking to Discord again.

She soon flew ahead to the kitchen where she found Starlight lightly tapping her hoof on the table, seemingly a bit bored with a plate of pancakes while a few pancakes were in the middle of the table, though when Twilight looked closer at Starlight’s face, there seemed to be some sadness to it as well.

“Hey Starlight.” Twilight smiled warmly, which snapped her out of her state.

“Oh hey Twilight.” Starlight chuckled, “Sorry if I’m a bit jumpy. I was a bit bored.”

Twilight was unsure about that but decided to drop it, “It’s okay Starlight. Who made the pancakes?” She asked curiously.

“Oh it was me.” Starlight said brightly, “I felt Spike deserved to take a break after what Chrysalis did to him and well…” she seemed to frown a bit before plastering on a smile, “you deserve a chance to get ready for the coronation.”

Twilight got a little concerned for Starlight, she seemed to be a little upset if how she acted was to go by.

“Starlight, are you okay?” Twilight asked curiously.

Starlight waved Twilight off with a nonchalant grin, “I’m fine Twilight. Nothing’s wrong.”

Twilight knew that was a lie, that grin was forced and she was clearly phoning it in.

“You know you can tell me if something’s bothering you. I’m here for you.” Twilight gripped Starlight’s shoulders who frowned before looking away.

“For now.” Starlight muttered, seemingly to herself which confused Twilight.

“What do you mean for now?” Twilight asked curiously, not mad, but concerned.

“Well… after the whole Battle Of The Bell, everything hit me at once.” Starlight explained softly, “You’re leaving Ponyville, leaving your friends, leaving me.”

“Starlight-“ Twilight began before Starlight interrupted, “Now do not get me wrong Twilight. Becoming the new ruler is huge, and I’m really happy for you, but I know you’ll likely be so focused on your Royal duties… will you… forget me?” She asked sadly.

“Is that what you’re worried about?” Twilight asked in concern.

Starlight just nodded solemnly, “I know it’s probably stupid given how much we’ve been through but you’re one of my best friends, and… I remember how left behind I felt when Sunburst left. I tried not to let it get to me, but it got harder to. I felt like I was forgotten and I hated it Twilight. I just don’t want that to happen again.”

Twilight glanced to the side sympathetically, she could see how Starlight felt. Given how much Starlight valued her friendships, it felt natural she would feel this way.

Twilight immediately embraced Starlight which she returned, “Starlight, don’t worry. No matter where life takes me, I’ll never forget you.”

Starlight laughed weakly, “I know. I’m being ridiculous aren’t I?”

“No, I understand the sentiment. I’m a bit worried about how me and my friends will handle my departure too.” Twilight smiled reassuringly, “Though I do know this, even after I leave, I’ll always make sure to visit when I can.”

“Really?” Starlight asked with a smile.

“Of course.” Twilight confirmed, “For the short amount of time I’ve known you, you’ve become one of my best friends. You always lent me an ear when I needed it and challenged me as much as I challenged you.”

Starlight teared up with a smile and embraced Twilight once more, “Thank you Twilight. For everything.”

“No problem buddy.” Twilight said before letting Starlight go.

“I gotta go see the progress on the castle of Canterlot.” Twilight smiled, “I’m glad we had this talk.”

“Me too.” Starlight nodded as Twilight left the kitchen, which left Starlight in thought, but this time, she felt much better than she did earlier.

Though one thing did strike a cord in her mind, Twilight mentioned how she was sort of worried about how she and her friends would adjust to her new uprising in power. Twilight helped her with her fears and now Starlight felt she should do the same.

Starlight smiled and got an idea, just because she wouldn’t get to see her friends as often doesn’t mean she shouldn’t get to look back on her memories.

Starlight then teleported to Spike’s bedroom door and began knocking on it, if he didn’t answer, it was fine, but she figured she should run her plan by him.

To her relief, Spike answered the door and raised an eyebrow, “Starlight? What’s going on?”

“Hey Spike, how do you feel about getting Twilight a little coronation gift?” Starlight asked curiously.

“What do you mean?” Spike asked.

“I figured that after how sad I felt about Twilight leaving, it would be best to help her look back if she missed any of us.” Starlight explained, “I’m thinking of making a memory book. How this works is that I cast a spell on a blank book and when you reminisce something in your past, it appears on the pages.”

“Whoa.” Spike said in shock.

“What? Is it too much?” Starlight asked warily.

“I was gonna say it was cool.” Spike smiled excitedly, “I’m in.”

Starlight smiled, it seemed like a plan was in place.

Don’t worry Twilight, I will not let you suffer the same fears and doubts I almost did.

Comments ( 7 )

She still narrowed her eyes a bit at that memory, what Discord did would always annoy Twilight. She understood he was chaotic and all but that was overdoing it. Though Twilight did have to admit, he did at least offer to atone for it by wearing an anti-magic collar for as long as possible. Celestia accepted this as a punishment, along with having to help rebuild the castle from the damages the Legion Of Doom made.

I wonder if they did this behind the scenes.

Cute story. I like it.

11498652
It’s not canon but I wanted Discord to suffer some consequences. Yes, the Starlight fan is preaching about consequences.

Wow, I never made the connection of Twilight ascending and leaving Starlight alone would bring up old feelings in Starlight.

I think there's a lot there to explore.

Good one shot.

11579001
What do you mean by that?

11579056
Only that it is very close to what happened between her and Sunburst.

Great story here! You have a true knack for getting these two down so well.

Login or register to comment