• Published 23rd Sep 2012
  • 19,050 Views, 893 Comments

Forever a Changeling - Scootaloo-009



Rainbow Dash finds out she is a changeling

  • ...
71
 893
 19,050

Queen Ending

Forever a Changeling

by Scootaloo-009, a.k.a. Mechsrule1

My Little Pony and related names, images, and scenarios are property of Hasbro Inc.

Epilogue

“Rainbow Dash, how are you?” Twilight asked, seeing her friend come into the library.

“Good, good,” Rainbow Dash replied idly. “I’m just stopping by to tell you I had to move.”

“Really? To where?”

“Just the ground. I’m living in a tree by the forest right now.”

“How come? You loved living in the sky.”

“Yeah but this body produces too much changeling goo, you know. My house got too heavy with the stuff so I’m grounded.”

“I wonder why it’s such a difference. You never had an issue before.”

“Well, this body is a queen body,” Rainbow Dash reminded her.

“Does it really make that much of a difference?”

“It just means I absorb more emotions than I can digest so I have to puke up the rest as goo or I’ll get fat. Trust me, I tried not puking but I gave up after just a day when I couldn’t fit through my door.”

“I’m sorry. I could teach you a water summoning spell so you could dissolve it. Or... you could use rain water.”

“I... I kind of feel comfortable this way. It’s weird.”

“Well if you like it,” Twilight said, returning to her work of reshelving books.

“I do need to work on a way to waterproof it somehow so it doesn’t just melt away when it rains.”

“You could try adding a canopy. Or tie down some clouds.”

“That’s a good idea. You should stop by some time. See you.”

Rainbow Dash left the library and headed back home across town. She could have flown but felt like walking today. She couldn’t wait for her friends to visit. She had some great things to share with them

. I’m surprised that they believed what I said, and even more surprised that Recarn didn’t said something. Maybe she wanted this to happen. Recarn wouldn’t have risked her back up body just trying to become a full queen again. She took care of that way ahead of time.

It’s a shame she had to die, but it’s for the hive. What one member wants is irrelevant to the hive as a whole, even the queen. This way they think we’re done. Now the hive can grow without royal involvement. By the time anypony catches on, we’ll be too numerous to stop.

As she neared the edge of town she took a shortcut through an alley behind Sugarcube corner. Suddenly she heard a shuffling noise coming from the dumpster. Perplexed, she went over to it and opened the lid. The orange figure inside jumped in shock.

“Scoots?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“I- I-” Scootaloo tried diving behind a trash bag to avoid being seen but it didn’t work.

“Hey, it’s okay,” Rainbow Dash said sweetly. “I did my fair share too.”

“They always have good stuff here,” Scootaloo said sheepishly. “I found a whole chocolate cake last night.”

“But get out of there,” Rainbow Dash said sternly. Scootaloo quickly hopped out and began walking off. “You can come with me to my house for lunch.”

Scootaloo’s face lit up. “Really?”

“Sure. I’ve moved recently so you can come by anytime now. Come on.”

Scootaloo smiled broadly and quickly followed Rainbow Dash as she left town and made her way to her home.

It was situated on the edge of the Everfree Forest. Scootaloo thought it was a blue tree but as they got closer, she saw it was just covered in blue goop. The house was much larger than the tree could hide so it stuck out everywhere, nearly enveloping some nearby trees as well.

“I’ve done some... redecorating,” Rainbow Dash said as they got closer. “It’s still a work in progress though.”

“Ooo,” Scootaloo said. She was nervous being so close to the Everfree forest, but felt safer knowing Rainbow Dash was nearby.

There was an opening in the base of the tree, made quite smooth by the goo. Scootaloo trotted inside to find the interior was much the same as the cloud home had been. The blue goop looked like melted sugar but wasn’t nearly as sticky. There were some strange lumps and webs of the stuff too, but Scootaloo was just too excited to care.

“Have a seat and I’ll go get us something,” Rainbow Dash said, stretching a wing towards the cloud couch. Scootaloo bounded over and leaped onto it. She sat there, smiling broadly, gazing at everything with wonder.

“Your house is so cool!”

“Fit for a changeling,” Rainbow Dash said, dropping her disguise. “Wait right there, I’ll be right back.”

Rainbow Dash went into the kitchen but ignored the cupboards and shelves. Instead she went to the far wall. She thrust her hooves into the wall and peeled the goo apart like it was a curtain until there was a gap big enough for her to walk through. Only a changeling from her hive would be able to do that. She had to keep this secret for now.

Rainbow Dash entered the small chamber. It would become bigger in time. The floor had three blue ovals on it. Eggs. She smiled when she saw them. It made her happier to feel the next one forming inside her already. Being so close to so many emotional ponies really sped up the process.

. She trotted over to one of the two cocoons on the wall. Only one was currently occupied. She opened it with her hooves and a small nymph fell out and onto the floor. It’s blank white eyes stared vacantly. The only hint it was alive at all came from the subtle breathing.

“Come on,” Rainbow Dash cooed, picking it up gently. “You were supposed to be for one of my friends when you got bigger but... I think Scoots needs this more.” She exited the chamber and put the nymph on the floor. She then carefully closed the opening back up and smoothed the wall so nopony would be able to distinguish it from the wall around it. She couldn’t afford to let anypony know about it. Not yet, anyway.

It wasn’t evil, what she was doing. If anything she was saving the poor filly from a life of starvation and ridicule. This life would be better than any she would have had. Recarn’s mistake had been sticking to dying foals. It made more sense to convert as many as possible. If it was normal, nopony would fight against it.

And she had made a promise to Scootaloo.

Rainbow Dash returned to the living room to find Scootaloo had left the couch. She was sitting on the floor, petting Tank. However she was facing away from the kitchen, so it was okay. She wouldn’t see it coming. Fighting it would only be a waste of time for both of them. Scootaloo wouldn’t be able to outrun her, but it would be unpleasant nonetheless.

“Tank is so cool,” Scootaloo said, hearing Rainbow Dash return, but she didn’t turn around. “I wish we could have pets at the orphanage. I guess it’s for the best. They don’t have enough money to feed us, how could they feed any pets?”

“Don’t worry Scoots,” Rainbow Dash said, standing over the filly, holding the nymph with one hoof. “You won’t have to be hungry any more. I promise.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“What do you think?” Rainbow Dash asked, putting down her brick of excitement to show she was listening.

“You want my opinion? You’re the Queen, you can do what you want,” Scootaloo replied, looking up from the hunk of joy she had been nibbling on.

“I value your opinion on this, since it does affect you the most. And my hive is going to be different.”

“Well... Sweetie Belle would be the better choice to convert first. Apple Bloom would be really upset if she couldn’t get her cutie mark.”

“I still got mine,” Rainbow Dash said.

Scootaloo looked surprised. “Oh. Huh. In that case, Apple Bloom should be first.”

“I’d have thought her earth pony pride would be an issue.”

“She doesn’t have as much as Applejack,” Scootaloo replied. “I’ve caught her staring at my wings a few times, and she was the only one of us who wanted to try hang gliding more than once. I’m pretty sure she wishes she was a pegasus.”

“Apple Bloom it is then. It will take a couple days, I don’t have any more nymphs, just some eggs.”

“You can teach me to fly and use magic in the meantime!”

Rainbow Dash shook her head. “That would be a bad idea. You might use it accidentally and expose us.”

“Okay... How come you want to convert my friends? Shouldn’t you do yours first?”

“I figure they’ll need to be older to warm up to the idea,” Rainbow Dash answered. “I was originally going to wait until somepony came around when your body was the right size for them, but then I saw you. I decided you would make a much better hive member.”

Scootaloo smiled broadly.

“Woah! It’s getting late. You should get back to the orphanage before anypony gets suspicious.”

“Aww... I really have to go back?” Scootaloo whined.

“For a little while. I’ll work on getting things formalized so you can live here all the time, but we can’t do it right away.”

“Okay...”

“Hey, before you leave, don’t forget to disguise yourself.”

“Oops. I almost forgot.” Scootaloo scrunched up her face in concentration. “Visualize, focus, then-” Scootaloo burst into blue flames. In a flash, her black body was replaced with its normal orange coated, purple maned form. “How do I look?”

“Perfect. Now run along.”

“Bye, Queen Dash,” Scootaloo said, galloping out the door.

“Queen Dash...” Rainbow Dash repeated, half chuckling. “I like it.”

The End

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dun dun dun.

My tumblr, an alternate universe mixing MLP and Cyborg 009.
The Seven Tribes, a rather long fanfic that, like many stories, tries to explain the past.
Samurai Applejack, a drastically different kind of story. It’s rated mature for violence and some suggestive lines.
Night of the Werepony, what I consider to be my worst story, but it’s rather popular. It’s just one chapter long.

Author's Note:

I call this the Queen Ending because Rainbow Dash has succumbed to hormones and influences of her body. She has truly become a queen changeling. If I had to finger one ending to be non canon, it would be this one, though it does leave the door open for a sequel about a future where Queen Dash rules Equestria.
Honestly, this ending is much older than the other one and a few chapters too. I couldn't think of the other ending until I added the Scootaloo bit earlier.