• Published 9th Sep 2022
  • 6,288 Views, 1,231 Comments

Approaching Apotheosis - KKSlider



When the days draw short and the nights grow long, the line between friend and foe becomes harder to see. The formerly-human King Phasma must stand strong with his friends against the encroaching dark.

  • ...
29
 1,231
 6,288

[Extra] CE Character Compendium

Author's Note:

This section contains spoilers for Changing Expectations, but not its sequel.

Characters of Changing Expectations

Changelings

-Living Royals-

King Phasmatodea: King of the Fifth Hive, former Prince of the Fourth Hive, Pontiff of the Hive Eternal (leader of the changeling species), former Champion of the Hive Eternal (2nd in command of the changeling species). Former human. Tall, has no holes in chitin, red fins, orange magic / slitted eyes. Wields the Adamantium and Mithril hammer God-Splitter. Wields the Adamantium armor set Unbroken Radiance. Murdered as a human by an unnamed robber. Alive.

Princess Chrysalis: Princess of the Fifth Hive, former Queen of the Fourth Hive before its dissolution, former Pontiff of the Hive Eternal. Tall, cyan hair, green slitted eyes and magic. Alive.

Prince Thorax: Prince of the Fifth Hive. Member of the First Fang, in charge of all things pony-related in the Fifth Hive. Love interest is Double Diamond. Brother of Prince Pharynx. Ascended to Princedom during the final fight with the Fourth Hive. Received a vision of his intervention during said fight. Slightly tall, cyan hair / slitted eyes / magic. Alive.

Prince Pharynx: Prince of the Fifth Hive, former Legate of the Fourth Hive. Brother of Prince Thorax. Ascended to Princedom during the final fight with the Fourth Hive. Received a vision of his death during the fight with King Sombra in Nisir. Slightly tall, red hair / slitted eyes / magic. Alive.

-Dead Royals-

Princess Arista Narmer: Princess of the First Hive / Nisir. Responsible for the experiments that brought Sombra into the world. Unknown fate.

The Prophet: King of the Third Hive. Possessed by the Umbrum Gluttony. Led to the downfall of the Third Hive and the possession of most of its inhabitants. The Third Hive was destroyed by King Phasma and The Prophet has not been seen since.

Prince Carotid: Former Prince of the Third Hive. Son of The Prophet. Former bearer of the Adamantium armor set Unbroken Radiance. Light blue mair / slitted eyes / magic. Found dead in the Third Hive’s armory.

Queen Millipede: Former Acolyte of the Third Hive and Protector of the Hive Eternal. Daughter of Prince Carotid. Elevated to Queen status and sent from the Third Hive with the mission of establishing the Fourth Hive and keeping the changeling species alive. Bright yellow hair / slitted eyes / magic. Fate unknown.

Queen Canthari: Former Queen of the Fourth Hive. Established the modern system of love harvesting. Fate unknown.

Queen Maxilla: Former Queen of the Fourth Hive. Responsible for the Fourth Hive’s political and social restructuring: when food stocks dwindled she removed families and created collective broods. Fate unknown.

Queen Sphecidae: Former Queen of the Fourth Hive. Chrysalis’s mother. Rebuilt the main hive spire after a legendarily massive sandstorm tore away most of the outer layers of the hive. She went a bit crazy about Nightmares, almost podding Chrysalis. Killed by Chrysalis.

Princess Prochorodes: Princess of the Fourth Hive. Slightly tall, purple hair, purple slitted eyes / magic. Wielded the Adamantium blade Chela. Perished in the Underhive in the year 733.

-The First Fang-

King Phasma: See Royals.

Prince Thorax: See Royals.

Prince Pharynx: Honorary position, see Royals.

Coxa: Male. Member of the First Fang. Responsible for running the Fifth Hive under Phasma. Love interest is Lacewing. Alive.

Lacewing: Female. Member of the First Fang. Responsible for hunting down Division-P. Love interest is Coxa. Alive.

Oestridae: Male. Former member of the First Fang. Phasma’s personal bodyguard and Praetorian. Killed by Prince Pharynx in the revolution against Queen Chrysalis, killed in the hallway to the throne room while buying time for Phasma.

Tarsus: Male. Former member of the First Fang. Infiltrator trainee. Betrayed the First Fang and Phasma in the revolution against Queen Chrysalis. Was captured, branded a traitor, blinded, and banished to Griffonia. Alive.

-Other Changelings-

Chamberlain Eucharis: Male. Most important changeling drone in the Fourth Hive. Phasma’s father. Personally taught him how to fly. Murdered by Phasma in the revolution against Queen Chrysalis, killed in Princess Celestia’s personal study.

Broodnurses Psocid and Lethocerus: Primary broodnurses of the Fourth Hive.

Cricket: Female. Coxa’s female counterpart. Former Infiltrator for the Fourth Hive. Former personal aide to Phasma. Banished to Nisir by Phasma. Given the task of watching over Chrysalis, should she be stationed in Nisir. Alive.

Sting: Female. Changeling scientist, current foremost expert on magical artifacts from Nisir. Alive.

Thalamus: Male. Member of the Fifth Hive, working under Coxa. Responsible for locations, real estate, etc. Alive.

Thrips: Male. Member of the Fifth Hive, working under Coxa. Has not appeared in the story. Responsible for the suppliers of alcohol. Alive.

Web: Changeling who stayed by King Phasma’s side during the thestral arc. Was possessed by a Nightmare and killed.

Aorta: Changeling that was second-in-command during the mission to the Third Hive.

-Notable Members of The Swarm-

Captain Katydid: Male. Captain of the Thirteenth Legion, “The Red Right Hoof.” Personally trained King Phasma while he was in the Fourth Hive.

General Labrum: Female. General of the Fifth Legion, “Blackened Skies.” Survived the Massacre of Canterlot. Loyal to Phasma. Alive.

Captain Froghopper: Male. Captain of the Fourteenth Legion, “The Unwanted.” Scout leader in charge of the scout legion. Responsible for leading Phasma into the trap set by the pony Double Dealings.

Commander Scorpion: Male. Former Captain of the First Legion, “The Praetorians.” Captured by the Fifth Hive during the final fight with Queen Chrysalis. Currently held prisoner by the Fifth Hive.

Intelligencer Ocelli: Female. Former Captain of the Second Legion, “The Infiltrators.” Killed in the Underhive while the Fourth Hive was securing a route to Canterlot.

Captain Obturator: Male. Formerly the nurse responsible for the health of the royals. Captain of the Twelfth Legion, “Hives’ Finest.” Was in charge of collecting love from the ponies during the invasion. Alive.

Captain Cicada: Male. Former Captain of the Fourth Legion, “The Will of The Nine.” Killed by loyalists during the revolution against Queen Chrysalis. Died in the hall to the throne room, buying Phasma time.

Praetorian Weevil: Male. Sketchy Praetorian that was loyal to Phasma. Killed by loyalist Praetorians during the revolution against Queen Chrysalis, died on the steps in the Canterlot Palace foyer at Phasma’s side.

-The Great Swarm Legions-

  1. The Praetorians: Chrysalis’s royal guards, acted as Military Police as well as direct attachment to Queen Chrysalis and Prince Phasma during the invasion, stationed out of the Crystal Caverns that II and X secured. Current state of existence is disbanded: The Praetorians were replaced with the Red Right Hoof as de-facto bodyguards of the reigning monarchs.

Commander: (Formerly) Scorpion

  1. First Infiltrator Legion “The Infiltrators”: Infiltrator only legion, went behind enemy lines to disrupt them / preemptively attack them. Current state of existence is in limbo: Infiltrators are still needed to gather food, but they operate under the Fifth Hive.

Intelligencer: (Formerly) Ocelli

  1. First Line Legion “Equestria’s Lament”: Mainline infantry legion, their task was the push towards Canterlot.

General: High Marshal Prince Phasmatodea, High Marshal Pharynx

  1. Second Line Legion “Doom of The East”: Mainline infantry legion, their task was the push towards Manehattan.

General: (Formerly) Aphid

  1. Third Line Legion “Blackened Skies”: Mainline infantry legion, their task was the push towards Las Pegasus.

General: Labrum

  1. First Specialist Legion “Panar’s Hammer”: Specialized in breaking defenses. Small in size. Brigades were attached to the First Line Division, their task was to break through any special Canterlot defenses.

Captain: Tetragnath

  1. Second Specialist Legion “Bombardier Beetles”: Specialized in artillery spells. Small in size. Brigades were attached to the Second Line Division, their task was to siege the large East Coast cities.

Captain: Bombardier

  1. Third Specialist Legion “Imminent Swarm”: Specialized in airborne attacks, brigades were attached to the Third Line Division, their task was to help secure Las Pegasus and other pegasus cities.

Captain: Unknown

  1. Fourth Specialist Legion “Will of The Nine”: Specialized in counter-magic operations, small brigades, their task was to assist Queen Chrysalis in neutralizing Princess Celestia, as well as assist Prince Phasma in neutralizing Princess Cadence. Broken during the revolution against Queen Chrysalis.

Captain: (Formerly) Cicada

  1. Fifth Specialist Legion “Underhive Scarabs”: Specialized in underground warfare, very small brigades, trained through fights in the Underhive, brigades was attached to the The Infiltrators, their task will be to secure the Crystal Caves beneath Canterlot, as well as establish a forward operating base for The Infiltrators.

Captain: Nicro

  1. First Logistics Legion “Chosen Conquerors”: Specialized in securing taken territory, podding ponies, and provide logistics for the other divisions

Captain: (Formerly) Chamberlain Eucharis, nominally High Marshal Prince Phasma

  1. Second Logistics Legion “Hive’s Finest”: Specialized in MASH units, mobile healing pod brigades that are seconded to each of the three line divisions, experimental legion

Captain: Obturator

  1. First Exile Division “The Red Right Hoof”: Phasma’s chosen host, made up of exiles and the changeling bodyguards loyal to Phasma.

Captain: Katydid

  1. Second Exile Division “The Unwanted”: The exiles outside of The Red Right Hoof, the advanced scouts for the Fifth Hive

Captain: Froghopper


Ponies

-Royals-

Princess Celestia: Alicorn of the Sun and Bureaucracy. Love interest was briefly King Sombra. Alive.

Princess Luna: Alicorn of the Moon and Dreams. Love interest is King Phasma. Alive.

Princess Cadance: Alicorn of Love. Engaged to Captain Shining Armor. Alive.

Captain Shining Armor: Male. Engaged to Princess Cadence. Captain of the Royal Guard. Alive.

-The Hooferville Three-

Sergeant Quick Search: Light red pegasus with light blue and grey mane. Formerly a Sergeant in the Hooferville town guard. Currently serving as the only pony within the Great Swarm of the Fifth Hive.

Corporal Bray Call: Cream unicorn with lavender mane and green eyes / magic. Formerly a Corporal in the Hooferville town guard. Taught Phasma many spells. Currently serving as Cricket’s replacement as Phasma’s personal aide.

Private Warm Dew: Dark blue earth pony. Still serving in the Hooferville town guard, friends with the other two and Phasma.

-Other Ponies-

Double Dealings: Manehattan mobster who tried to maim Phasma and keep a monopoly on selling alcohol during the Prohibition. Brutally murdered by King Phasma.

Double Diamond: Not to be confused with Dealings. Love interest is Prince Thorax. Alive.

Double Diamond’s Parents: Unnamed. Creative inventors who have business deals / backings with King Phasma. Alive.

-Thestrals-

Elder Sanguine: Female. One of the most experienced and senior Elders of the thestrals. Wears a golden amulet of a twin-tailed comet. Wields a double-bladed axe in battle.

Elder Blood: Female. One of the four witches. Wields twelve daggers that she hurls using magic in battle.

Elder Bone: Female. One of the four witches. Sacrificed herself to finish the cleansing ritual and save King Phasma.

Elder Soul: Female. One of the four witches. Wields a double-bladed polearm.

Elder Mind: Female. One of the four witches. The most senior of the four. Wears a golden outline of a unicorn’s horn.

Elder Eclipse: Too old to fight in combat.

Elder Vigilance: Female. Too old to fight in combat. Wielded hoofclaws.

Elder Serene: Too old to fight in combat.

Elder Bulwark: Male. Wielded two tower shields in combat. Perished during the hunt of the Nightmare set loose in Vallachia.

Lieutenant Sulfur Drip: Female. Thestral soldier. Successor of Elder Vigilance. Wields hoofclaws.


Umbrum

King Sombra: The Umbrum of Pride, Epitaph, Devourer Of The Sun, Doom of Nisir, Doom of the Crystal Empire. Alive.

Lámhmarbh: Umbrum who branded Phasma upon his arrival to Equestria. Fate unknown.

Wrath: Possessed Princess Celestia, merging the two together into Princess Daybreaker. Cleansed by the Elements of Harmony during the Year 1000 Grand Galloping Gala.

Envy: Possessed Princess Luna during the year 0, merging the two together into Nightmare Moon. Banished to the moon for 1000 years when Celestia used the Elements of Harmony on her. Formed a pact with young Prince Phasma to rule Equestria together. Cleansed by the Elements of Harmony during the Year 1000 Summer Sun Celebration and Invasion of Canterlot.

Gluttony: Possessed The Prophet changeling king, merging the two together. Led to the downfall of the Third Hive and the possession of most of its inhabitants. The Third Hive was destroyed by King Phasma and Gluttony has not been seen since.

Sloth: Attempted to possess young Prince Phasma, calling itself “Fear.” Destroyed by Princess Luna before the possession could finish.

Greed: Unknown.

Lust: Unknown.