• Published 20th Sep 2012
  • 2,650 Views, 125 Comments

Together Forever - CodenameOne



Spike learns his true sexuality and adjusts with the changes in his life that come with it.

  • ...
27
 125
 2,650

Chapter Five: my secret is yours

Chapter five
My secret is yours

Spike looked down at the floor, closing and covering his eyes with his hands; he didn’t want to look at Twilight, to see the fury and disgust that would assuredly be on her face. He didn’t want to see her hoof raise into the air as he prepared to hit him, and he didn’t want to see her judge him.

“Oh...um...” Twilight said, unsure of what she actually should say to the teenage dragon, who was busy burying his face in his hands.

Spike sniffled as he felt tears streaming out of his eyes, knowing that Twilight was about to throw him out or yell at him or hit him.

Seeing Spike in great distress made Twilight put her forelegs around his back and pull him in for a hug, causing him to look up in his confusion; Twilight could see the tears pouring out of his eyes, making her feel bad for him.

“It’s OK, it’s OK, Spike” the Unicorn said in a soothing voice, stroking his back with a hoof. “It’s OK.”

The dragon sniffled and wiped his eyes, saying “r-really?”

“Yes, sweetie. It’s OK, I still love you, this is just...a little unexpected” Twilight told him, giving a kiss on the forehead. She could tell he was confused by her reaction.

“Oh thank Celestia! I thought you were gonna throw me out or hit me or something” Spike said, relieved to hear that Twilight had accepted him for what he was.

The Unicorn gasped and said “Spike! I would never hit you!”

“I know, I just... I don’t know what I was thinking when I thought you would, I was just so scared I was thinking of all sorts of weird things” the dragon explained.

“I understand your fear, Spike, but it was unfounded. How long have you known?” Twilight asked, curious as to why he came out of the closet all of a sudden; Spike had been attracted to Rarity for all the years they’d been in Ponyville.

“Only a few days; the idea that I might be gay just to came to me while I was picking apples for AJ. I tried to fight it at first, but I quickly realized there was no point” the dragon answered.

“Well I’m very proud of you, if must’ve been very difficult coming out. How many others have you told?” the lavender Unicorn asked.

“Just you and Lickety; he was so very supportive of me, I’m happy to have a friend such as him.”

“Is he just your friend? Or is there more to why he was the first pony you told?” Twilight inquired coyly, causing Spike to blush. Sure Lickety was cute but he probably wasn’t into males like that.

“I’m just teasing ya, Spike” Twilight said, smiling at her dragon companion and nudging him with a hoof. “Anyway, I’m proud of you for coming out. I’m sure the girls will want to hear this.”

Spike froze, not expecting Twilight to say something like that. Would she really tell her friends this secret?

“Uh, Twilight? Can you maybe not tell anypony else about this? At least not until I’m ready?” Spike asked, twiddling his fingers out of nervous habit.

“Oh? Sure, Spike. Your secret is safe with me” the Unicorn responded.

“Pinkie Promise?”

“Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye” the mare recited, going through the motions, accidentally sticking her hoof in her eye and yelling “OW!”

Spike chuckled and declared “you do that every time, I’m starting to think you do it on purpose!”

“Alright, buster, maybe you’d like a punishment for being such a smart-aleck. How about a tickle attack?” Twilight asked with a devious smile, pouncing on the teenage dragon and knocking him over despite how much taller he was. The two tumbled to the floor and Twilight began her tickle assault, her hooves darting in all the right places; the two had grown up together, she knows where he’s ticklish.

“ACK! NO!” Spike yelled, beginning to laugh and roll on the floor, trying to shield his ticklish spots from the Unicorn but failing; she was just too good.

After about a minute of non-stop tickling Twilight stopped, pulling off of Spike as he continued to giggle, slowly getting to his feet as he wiped his tears of mirth.

“Well I think it’s time we go to bed, huh? It’s almost ten at night” Twilight stated, feeling kind of tired from hanging out with her friends all day.

“Twilight, I’m almost 17; I don’t need to go to bed at ten anymore” Spike replied, a smile still on his face from the tickling.

“Of course you don’t, but I know you want to” the lavender Unicorn said, seeing the dragon’s eyes getting heavy; apparently hanging out with Lickety all day had tuckered him out.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right” Spike conceded, rubbing his eyes.

“Of course I am; let’s go to sleep.”

*-*-*

Legal note: Spike the Dragon, Twilight Sparkle, and all related characters belong to Hasbro. My Little Pony belongs to Hasbro.