• Published 20th Sep 2012
  • 2,652 Views, 125 Comments

Together Forever - CodenameOne



Spike learns his true sexuality and adjusts with the changes in his life that come with it.

  • ...
27
 125
 2,652

Chapter Four: I'll be there for you

Foreword: seven people have down-voted this so far? Ironic, because my favorite number is 7.

Homophobes. Or maybe they're all butthurt that Spike isn't having "h0t pUssy-ateing s3x with rariteeehh!!"

*-*-*

Chapter four
I’ll be there for you

Later that afternoon Spike had gone to Lickety Split’s house and went with him on a walk through Whitetail Woods, the two of them idly chatting on the way there. Spike had a specific topic to talk about, though, and would bring it up when they reached the lake in the middle of the forest.

He wanted to tell Lickety his realization of what he truly was.

Reaching the lake the two sat down on its shores and stared out at the water, admiring its beauty; the trees on the far side of the lake, the fish that would jump up from the surface every so often, and the soft croaks of nearby frogs. It was natural beauty that the two appreciated very much.

“I come here sometimes to think. It’s a good place to just get away from everyone and everything... You’re the first person I’ve ever brought here” Spike said, looking at his friend.

“Is there something you want to tell me, Spike?” Lickety asked, looking back at the dragon, who had a very thoughtful expression on his face.

“It’s...it’s about what I told you yesterday; I figured out what I am, Lickety. I’m...a coltcuddler” Spike confessed, avoiding his friend’s eyes like he had yesterday.

Lickety hugged the dragon and said “I’m proud that you had the courage to tell me that; it must not be easy, even if I’ve already assured you that I’m still your friend.”

I'm so happy for you, Spikey the brown colt thought, pulling out of the hug but keeping his hooves on the dragon’s shoulders.

“No...it wasn’t easy, but I feel better now that I’ve told somepony” Spike replied, smiling at his friend.

“You haven’t told Twilight yet?” Lickety inquired, confused as to why the dragon would not have done that yet. Twilight Sparkle was practically a mother, or perhaps a kind of older sister to the dragon. He had to be closer to her than he was to Lickety.

Eventually Spike shook his head and said “no, I haven’t told Twilight yet... I’m scared, Lickety. I’m scared of what her and her friends will say.” The dragon gave Lickety another hug, his voice trembling like he was about to cry.

“Hey, it’s OK, I’m sure Twilight and her friends will still love and accept you for who you are. And you know I’ll always be there for you” the brown colt stated in a soothing tone, rubbing his friend’s back to comfort him.

“Thank you, Lickety. I... Thank you. Just one more thing; can you not tell anypony about this just yet? I just want to keep this between you, me, and maybe Twilight” Spike said, hoping the colt would be able to keep the secret. Either way it was times like this that the dragon was glad he had friends like Lickety Split, ones who would always have his back.

“You’re welcome, Spike. Now, there’s one more thing I have to do” Lickety responded, pulling out of the hug and staring intently into Spike’s eyes.

“What?” Spike asked nervously; did Lickety have to confess something of his own? Is he gay, too? Was he going to confess his love for the dragon? Was he going to lean in and--

“THIS!” Lickety yelled, pushing Spike into the lake before rolling on his back, laughing.

What he wasn’t expecting was for Spike to recover so quickly and pull him into the lake where he popped back up from under the water and exclaimed “hey!” with a smile on his face.

“What? You did it first!” Spike replied, splashing the colt with some water.

“Oh that’s how it’s gonna be, huh?” Lickety replied devilishly, splashing water on Spike as the two of them got into a minor splashing war; each one trying to splash more water on the other.

For almost the whole day the two played in the lake, splashing water on each other and even racing across the lake back and forth. Several times Spike would disappear under the water and pop up and scare Lickety, his slender body and powerful arms and legs allowing him to move fast under the water’s surface.

Once they were done in the lake the two hopped out and played a little hide and seek, which Spike won most of the time because he climbed up tall trees or because he was able to smell out Lickety due to his reptilian nature.

“You cheat so bad” Lickety said when Spike had told him this last part, earning a chuckle from the teenage dragon. As the day began to end and the sun began to go down the two relaxed and lied down by the lake, admiring the sunset.

“It’s beautiful” Lickety commented.

“Yes, it is. Best seats in the house” the dragon replied, putting his hands behind his head to prop it up to better see the sunset. The sun dipping below the horizon cast long shadows from the trees and painted the sky in a beautiful orange glow.

“Lickety?” Spike said, looking over at his friend, who seemed to be dozing off.

“Hmm... Hmm?” the colt sluggishly responded, shaking his head and forcing himself to stay awake, yawning as well.

“Sleepy?”

“Yeah...I really tuckered myself out playing all day” Lickety said, slowly standing up and preparing to head home.

“Yeah, me too. But it was fun, right?” Spike asked, joining his friend on the walk back to Ponyville.

“Of course. I may be getting older, 16 years, but it’s still fun to just take a day and play with my best friend” the brown colt stated.

“Thanks, it means alot to me that I’m one of your best friends. I feel the same way for you, as well” Spike told him.

“Thanks” Split said as they began to enter Ponyville. “Hey, I want to tell you something: I meant what I said earlier. I’ll always be there for you.”

“Thank you, Lickety” Spike replied as they went their separate ways to return to their respective homes.

Upon reaching the library Spike wasn’t surprised to see Twilight waiting for him.

“Where have you been, Spike? I come back from hanging out with the girls and you’re not here. No note, no message from Owloysius, nothing” Twilight declared, not upset with him but still curious.

“Relax, Twi, I was just hanging out with Lickety all day, that’s all” the teenage dragon told her.

“You’ve been hanging out with him a lot recently... Something I should know?” Twilight asked, making Spike nervous; should he tell her now? Or wait? He wasn’t with Lickety like that but he would feel bad if he lied to her about his sexuality, but he’s not sure if he was ready.

Just as he was about to reply Twilight smiled and said “relax, I was just teasing you.”

Spike breathed a sigh of relief as Twilight turned and prepared to enter the kitchen, but Spike was still fighting with himself over telling her.

Before he knew what he was doing the dragon called out “Twilight, wait” prompting the lavender Unicorn to turn around.

“Yes?”

At that moment time seemed to slow for Spike; his heart began beating faster, sweat leaked out from his scales, and he started shaking. A knot had formed in his stomach as he grew more and more nervous. He couldn’t just say “nevermind” because then Twilight would ask why he was sweating and shaking.

His breathing quickened and he began to feel light-headed, bracing himself against the wall with a hand. He didn’t even hear Twilight ask if he was OK, for his mind had tuned everything out and replaced it with a dull ringing in his ears. As he continued to sweat and shake Spike forced his breathing to calm as he looked up at Twilight, his green eyes staring straight into her purple ones that were filled with curiosity and worry. Spike wished he could get out, just find some way to avoid telling her or to escape, but knew there was no way getting out of this one. He had to tell her.

“I’m gay.”

*-*-*

A/N: DUN DUN DUN!! WHAT A TWEEST!!!

Yeah right, as if you guys didn't see that one coming.

Legal note: Spike the Dragon, Lickety Split, Twilight Sparkle, and all related characters belong to Hasbro. My Little Pony belongs to Hasbro.