• Published 27th Aug 2022
  • 1,853 Views, 22 Comments

My Little Pony: Clash of Dragons - RobtheMorpherPony

  • ...
3
 22
 1,853

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 7: Road to the Society - Cole

"So, any idea what this hamster wants?" Twilight asked Flash Sentry as she and the main six headed for the fountain. It was so mysterious, overnight a single black furred hamster showed up and sat on the edge of the fountain.

"Beats me. When I gave him something to write with; because he very much understood yes or no questions; all he wrote was 'Main Six'." Flash Sentry said.

"Guess that explains why we are here then." Rainbow Dash said. The Main Six soon approuched the black hamster.

"Right. I brought them. So now what?" Flash Sentry asked. The hamster said nothing. "...Need more paper?" Flash asked. The hamster nodded. "Fine..." Flash handed the hamster a whole notepad to the hamster just in case. The hamster soon took out a pencil and then after seemingly drawing something, showed off the front page of the notepad. It was a circle.

"Is...that a circle?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Not quite a perfect circle, but that is still pretty good." Twilight said.

"Of course you'd noticed that." Rainbow Dash said, rolling her eyes.

"...Still don't get it. What was the point of drawing a circle?" Flash Sentry asked.

"...Start...and end..." A male voice came out of the hamster.

"He TALKS?!" Applejack asked.

"A circle has a start and an end. But with a perfect circle, you can't tell the start from the end. This fountain is a perfect circle. The walkway around this fountain is a perfect circle. You can't tell where their start point is from its ending point because they are perfect circles. I drew a circle to demonstrate that simply drawing circles is different from making one." The hamster said. "There's a saying that things can go full circle, that the start of a journey is nearly identical to its ending with some key differences. But at that point, what really is the journey's start, and where is its end? At what point can one really say a journey is completed? Aren't we all on journeys until the day we die? So then where does the saying of things coming full circle come from?" The hamster asked.

"And now I'm chocking this up to him being borderline nuts." Rainbow Dash said.

"I would account it more for philosophical pondering." Twilight said.

"Right. Because of course the egghead gets it." Rainbow Dash said.

"...I am Cole." The hamster said. "I am a traveling scientist who questions the idioms of society and the common folk who do exist in this great reality of ours. I also hold many secrets close to my chest; things I keep sacred so that no one can abuse the information for their own personal gain. I am a being who has darkest depths of reality, and that is where my philosophy derives from." Cole explained.

"Is there a reason your bringing up circles and stuff?" Applejack asked.

"Perhaps there is, perhaps there is not. I am but just one being in our reality after all. One amongst many. If I told you the things I have done, would you call me crazy? Would you lable me a madman? Good money says that you would. Because that is what everyone thinks when they find out. This road that'll be built...it is but a beginning. A beginning to an end for one being's story. And yet, once that road opens, beware; beware of the hay-sayers. Beware of the opposition. Keep an eye on your enemies, least you forget them in the midst of everything." Cole explained.

"What the buck are you talking about?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"This is what I'm talking about: A warning. With the opening of one road, a path emerges. And with that path will come opportunity. If nothing is done, then all is lost, and war is upon the horizon for this world...this story." Cole said.

"W-war?!" That got every pony's attention.

"Three trials...the prophecy had mentioned three trials there must be before the hero's journey is complete. A dark being with powers that rival the gods and a battle for the saving of a race. The third trial goes unlisted, almost as if on purpose. What is this trial? What does it entail? I have a feeling reality will know the answer soon. As for you...let what I'm about to say simmer in your minds." Cole said. Suddenly he looked up from his feet. "A road is opened, and with it causes problems for a particular dragoness. A dark purple with red underbelly will face scrutiny. If nothing is done, and her defense is broken, war will come to your world." Cole said, his voice suddenly taking on a much darker tone. "...Head my words. Or don't. It's your choice." Cole said before getting off from the fountain and then walking off, disappearing into a dark alley.

"...Can anyone tell me what the buck did we just witness?" Twilight asked.

"If-if Twilight's the one asking...then you know something freaky just went down..." Rainbow Dash said.

PreviousChapters Next