• Published 27th Aug 2022
  • 1,861 Views, 22 Comments

My Little Pony: Clash of Dragons - RobtheMorpherPony

  • ...
3
 22
 1,861

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 2: Start-up - Ancient Heroes

The next day, Sonic Boom was leading the entire main six and Princess Luna as well as Twilight's mother, father, brother, and sister-in-law through the Everfree Forest.

"Didn't realize your group was in here." Fluttershy said.

"We've been clearing out more of the forest over the years. We're hoping to eventually approach Mayor Mare with a proposition to make a civilized path from our civilazation to Ponyville so it'd be safer for your residents to visit us whenever they would like without fear of the forest's various residents." Sonic Boom said.

"So, you have no problems communicating with ponies?" Twilight Velvet said.

"No, not at all. In fact, many of us already have." Sonic Boom said.

"Wait...is that why Fluttershy didn't freak out at Spike my first day in Ponyville?" Twilight asked.

"I'm still working on my courage a little...I just hope your alpha isn't scary..." Fluttershy said.

"I will warn you then, it's his mate who can come off as unintentionally scary just because of her body and the way she presents herself. Even if both are large adults, the Alpha's mate is the one who comes off as the scariest even if she doesn't mean to do so." Sonic Boom said.

"Oh...I'll keep that in mind...scary on the outside, gentle on the inside right?" Fluttershy asked.

"That's what she hopes one will say about her someday." Sonic Boom said. "...We're here." She then added. The large clearing they all arrived in featured a miniature village in the forest in the most literal of terms.

"Whoa...look at all the various creatures. While there are other dragons here, there's all sorts of creatures here. You weren't kidding." Rainbow Dash said.

"It's all thanks to our leader, the Alpha. Come, this way." Sonic Boom said and lead the group deeper into the village to a large platform. "They have arrived to see the alpha." Sonic Boom said to a pair of what seemed to be large golems. Soon the golems came to life and parted the large curtain on the platform.

"...What are those?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Yeah. I've never seen them before in my life." Twilight said.

"Stone Golems are from pre-equestria times. So, it is them after all..." Luna said as a large purple dragon with a gold underbelly and a dark purple dragon with a violet underbelly soon approuched the group. "...It's been a long time since I last saw either of you." Luna said.

"You know those two?" Spike asked.

"She should. I suppose that I should be thankful it was Princess Celestia that found your egg my son and not any of my rivals." The purple dragon said.

"...Twilight Sparkle, Spike, Shining Armor, Princess Cadence, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rarity, Twilight Velvet, and Night Light, I would like you to meet the leaders of The Society, and Spike's biological parents, and heroes of their own right." Luna announced. "I would be pleased to introduce you to Spyro and his mate Cynder." She added.


"Still got a flair for the dramatic, even after your recent purification huh Luna?" Cynder asked.

"Yes. We have much to discuss Cynder. It has been one thousand years since I had last seen you old friend." Luna said.

"Try as those dragons might, they can't put this girl down~" Cynder teased.

"Aw..." Fluttershy said before flying up to Cynder. "You're not scary at all. I can see it. When it comes down to it, you're just misunderstood and wish to have true kindness shown to you. Whatever pain you've suffered because of your past is just not warranted." The yellow pegasus said.

"...Wow...never seen Fluttershy act like that before to any dragon." Rainbow Dash said. "She only does that when she feels like there's some true gentleness in a creature." She said.

"...I like this one..." Cynder said as Fluttershy was massaging the dragoness. "But...you really don't know what I've been through..." Cynder added.

"Princess Luna mentioned that if anyone could relate to her being Nightmare Moon it would be you. That tells me all I need to know. You were corrupted by some outside force that made you do things you didn't want to do, and every dragon blamed you for it. How close am I?" Fluttershy asked.

"What the...how did..." Cynder was confused.

"...Huh...guess she doesn't have to say any more." Luna admitted said.

"That was easy for me to figure out as well, just based on the logic." Twilight said.

Spike got close to Spyro. "...I feel a very strong kinship with you..." Spike said.

"You should. You too are a Purple Dragon just like me." Spyro said.

"Guessing that's not just about the color." Rainbow Dash said.

"Indeed. I am just one special dragon that is born once every ten generations. And so is Spike. A dragon with magical abilities that far exceed those of a normal dragon." Spyro said.

"Well you should know that Princess Celestia made my family adopt him as my younger brother." Twilight said.

"Well as far as I'm concerned, he shouldn't need to choose. We will not impede on his life with you all, nor should he feel the need to constantly be with us to make up for lost time." Cynder said.

"In fact, if you would be so kind as to look after him in our stead for a little while longer if you would? I was about ready to finalize a meeting with Mayor Mare for that road to connect our villages." Spyro said. "Once that road is opened up, you would be able to come back and forth without any danger from the forest." He added.

"The best of both worlds..." Twilight Velvet said. "Well, it's nice to have more dragons in the family, I'll say that much." She added. "And when that road is opened, I plan on showing you plenty of pictures of Spike from his younger days~" The mare teased.

"Wh-MOM!" Spike yelled out.

"Won't lie, I wouldn't mind also visiting from time to time. Cynder there looks like she could be good for me to keep in shape." Shining Armor said.

Cynder smiled. "It is good you wish to spar with me just because I am clearly strong. It would be nice for a change. I warn you; I will not go easy on you; family or not." She said.

"He wouldn't want you to. Oh, by the way, I'm Princess Cadence; when I acended into being an Alicorn, I was adopted by Princess Celestia to be here niece. Now I'm married to Twilight's older brother Shining Armor." Princess Cadence said.

"Don't forget that you also were my foal sitter." Twilight said.

"Guess I spent too much time worrying about my own child I must have missed you." Spyro said. "But it's nice to meet you all the same, Princess Cadence." Spyro said. "Now, while I am letting you look after my son while the road details are worked out, I wish for one of my people to accompany you as a Laison to Ponyville on behalf of The Society." He added.

"That would be nice for one of you to see how he's been living since he and I moved to Ponyville as I didn't want to leave my new friends." Twilight said.

"Friends are important." Spyro said. "Ember, step forward." He said.

A pink dragoness about Spike's age seemingly came forward. "Yes Alpha?" She asked.

"You are to accompany my son Spike back to Ponyville while I work to open the road up." Spyro said.

"Well, isn't he a cute fifteen-year-old~" Ember teased. "Let's get going." She added.

Rarity just realized what Ember just said. D-did she just say fifteen? AND CALL MY SPIKEY WIKEY CUTE?! Oh, it's on girlfriend! She thought to herself.

PreviousChapters Next