• Published 27th Aug 2022
  • 1,853 Views, 22 Comments

My Little Pony: Clash of Dragons - RobtheMorpherPony

  • ...
3
 22
 1,853

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 18: The Social Butterfly - From the Desert

A female black fox was wondering around Ponyville, and was stopping to chat with Bon Bon and Lyra. And the black fox was giggling.

"Yes my dress is egyption based. I come from a kingdom out in the desert. It's called Mirage Oasis." The black fox said.

"That's so cool. Do you have any of those Anubis Status out there?" Lyra asked.

"...Anubis? What's an Anubis? We have Jackal Statues." The Black Fox said.

"An Anubis is a Jackal silly." Bon Bon said. That's when Twilight came up to the group.

"Well Bon Bon, that is true that Anubis is a Jackal, but you should be aware that Anubis is also associated with being the god of the dead in egyption mythology." Twilight said.

"...Well that's definitely the opposite of what we of Mirage Oasis should be worshiping. Those jackal statues will need to be replaced then. Mirage Oasis does not worship the god of the dead, we worship the Goddess of Fertility." The Black Fox said.

"Wow. A whole desert kingdom that celebrates the miracle of childbirth. How fun~" Lyra said.

"...Desert Kingdom? I almost forgot. I'm expecting royalty from there." Twilight said. "Oh, I'm Princess Twilight Sparkle, but I prefer my friends call me Twilight. So, who are you?" She asked.

The black fox giggled. "You can call me Patra, Twilight. I'd love to be your friend. There's nothing I love more than making friends with royalty and commoners alike. That's just the kind of person I am." She explained.

"Well Patra, I'd love to stay and chat, but I gotta find that Desert Kingdom Royal." Twilight said.

Patra giggled again. "Silly Twilight, you're talking to the Queen of Mirage Oasis." Patra said.

"I am?" Twilight said. "...Wait, I am?!" Twilight exclaimed.

"WAIT THEN SO WERE WE!" Bon Bon and Lyra exclaimed at the same time.

Patra giggled. "I already told you. I love nothing more than making friends with royalty and commoners alike. That's just who I am. I'm what you could call, a Social Butterfly." She added.

"YES! FINALLY SHE SAID IT!" Pinkie Pie said, jumping out of a nearby bush. "Now I can go work on that 'Welcome to Ponyville' Party for Queen Patra!" She added before speeding off.

Patra giggled again, which caught even Twilight off guard. "Err, you find those antics funny?" Twilight asked.

"I've encountered far stranger things then a pony who hides in a bush and wants to throw a party for a royal before speeding away like that." Patra said.

"Pinkie Pie does that to every creature though." Bon Bon said.

"Yeah. I still remember my 'Welcome to Ponyville' Party." Lyra said.

Patra giggled again. "Quirky. Still not the strangest thing I've ever encountered, but still quirky." She added before heading off.

"...Did I seriously just meet with some creature who DOESN'T question Pinkie Pie's antics up front? And here I thought Pinkie Pie couldn't have a deeper mystery to her." Twilight said.


A bit later, after the party, Patra was in the Library with the main six, Moondancer, Spike, Society Ember, and Flash Sentry.

"Ah Pinkie Pie was it? You throw one hell of a party. I think I know who to turn to if I ever want to throw such a huge party like that." Patra said.

"Yay. I made a good connection!" Pinkie Pie said.

"Seems Patra just clicks with Pinkie Pie. Guess they are both pretty similar. Most of the time." Spike said.

"What do you mean, most of the time?" Moondancer asked.

"Well, there was that one time when my friends were throwing me a surprise party on my own birthday, and I got so depressed because I thought they were getting rid of me, and it made me get really sad. But then my friends revealed everything, and it made me so happy~" Pinkie Pie said.

Patra giggled. "Well, you shouldn't have doubted your friends like that. But it was very nice of them to give you something special for all the smiles you probably spread each and every day for every creature else." She said.

"Wow. When you put it like that, that was super duper ultra mega nice of them. Now I really wish I had thanked them harder." Pinkie Pie said.

"Meh. Don't sweat it Pinkie." Rainbow Dash said.

"This is why I love being such a social butterfly. Really makes me feel like I'm actually being a good Queen. Seriously, I love making friends with royals and commoners alike because I want to be the best Queen I can be. Mirage Oasis isn't just about the royal family after all." Patra said.

"Heh. It's like you're a fusion of Twilight and Princess Celestia rolled into one." Flash Sentry suggested.

"I'm more surprised that your not trying to suggest I get a castle." Twilight said.

"Hey, if anything, living in a library shows every pony that your super friendly and willing to chat with commoners." Patra said. "Wish I could live in a Library." She added.

"It makes more sense for Twilight. If she wants to, she could add some extensions to this library, make it a library castle hybrid." Flash Sentry said, joking at the end.

"Flash that's-that's brilliant!" Twilight said.

"Err...I was joking." Flash Sentry said.

"It may have been a joke, but that would actually work! I should get onto researching how to go about that right away!" Twilight said before leaving.

"...Huh. Didn't expect that to happen." Rainbow Dash said.

"Yeah I've never seen her take something said as a joke so seriously before." Moondancer said.

"I would like to state for the record, that I mentioned the Library Castle Hybrid thing as a joke." Flash said.

"WE KNOW!" Both Rainbow Dash and Moondancer said at the same time.

Patra meanwhile, was looking at the three of them. Interesting. I think these three are into Twilight. I'm going to have quite the fun being friends with this group. She thought to herself.

PreviousChapters Next