• Published 13th Aug 2022
  • 5,108 Views, 208 Comments

We're Trapped in Stone, and We Must Scream - King of Madness



For ages, three villains stood as statues of stone, but that doesn't mean they weren't aware of everything around them.

  • ...
8
 208
 5,108

A Silent Queen

I lunge forward as the light crashes upon us; a defiant snarl in my throat that is cut short. As the light fades, I find I am unable to move. My eyes stare straight ahead, unblinking; my mouth is open, but no sound comes out. Every fiber of my being immediately cries out in numb agony; the need to move is instantaneous, but for all my will, I do not budge.

I see him; Discord; he strolls right up to me with a smug look on his face. He taunts us; I'm sure he flicks my horn, but I cannot feel it. The reality sets in. I have been turned to stone, along with that centaur and filly. And yet, I am aware. I see and hear, yet I cannot move; cannot feel anything upon my body.

They leave us here. For a long time, I try so hard to move just one tiny bit. I try to make the slightest noise. Nothing. I am trapped here in this stone cocoon, forced to watch as the world moves by. I wonder if they knew I would be yet awake. He must've known. Discord. Damn him. That sadistic bastard; he must've known. For a thousand years, he stood still in the garden of those self-righteous Alicorns, yet I wonder what a thousand years is to an eons-old god. Regardless, he knew. He set us up. All that time, posing as Grogar. All those aspirations of taking over Equestria. It was all a set up and now he gives us his fate. Damn him. Damn him to the darkest pits of the Neither Realm.

I must move. I must move.


I watch as snowy winters give way to spring; as the bright summers give way to autumn. Years give to decades. Decades give to centuries.

How long have I been here; trapped in this skin of stone? Do the other two see the same as me? Do they hear as me? I would assume so, but how can I know? I do not see them. I cannot ask them. I lose track of the seasons. There is not much point in it. They will never release us. Damn them.

My body constantly cries out; an unending ache in the numb paralysis. My mouth ever remains open in the desire to cry out; yet no sound ever arises. I would give anything just to scream, but I cannot. My inane hope of freedom fades as the years go by. So fast they go, in yet, so slow. But I do have one thing that does not fade; something they could not take from me: Hate. My hatred for them is a constant burning in my mind; never fading for my state of life, if one can call it that, is a constant reminder of it. A burning hole in my mind that demands vengeance. It is the one thing I have. I hate them.


I watch as the seasons pass. Every rise of the sun is like a blink of an eye that lasts an age. The land forms around us; changing as we stand still. Alone, I have only memories to accompany me. Sometimes something major that redirected my life; a success, a defeat, an achievement, a failure. Sometimes something small; insignificant. I recall memories from long ago. I recall memories from a time when the world was so vibrant and yet so dark. I recall memories of my mother; of my sister.

I do not feel shame nor guilt for what I did, but I am forced to wonder. If I had chosen a different path, could I have avoided this fate? What many things could have happened; could have been changed? What a ridiculous sentiment. Nothing can change what has been done, so what point is there in wondering the impossible? Yet wonder I do. My mind is the only thing free of the agonizing stillness; the only thing I have that may wander. This fact only increases my pain.

I find my rage ever boiling in my mind. The memories of every low point spurs my everlasting anger. My forced flight from Canterlot. The betrayal of my own Hive that I had bred for myself; that I had sacrificed everything for. Sacrificed. My old home from long ago. My banishment to the forsaken lands. The destruction of all I once knew. And of course, Discord.

Discord, who had set us up; who had damned us to this fate while those complacent bitches let him roam free to his twisted heart's delight.

The irony is not lost on me. A changeling; a creature that feeds on love; is now fueled only by hate. It is the one thing that my exhausted mind can find any focus on. Every memory a reminder; every thought kindle to feed the fire that burns inside me. The one thing I have to accompany me in my everlasting solitude.

Hate. Hate. Hate.