• Published 11th Aug 2022
  • 1,666 Views, 17 Comments

Alexandre Viator: the Alicorn King - ScarletRhine



Remember when the alicorn made of lightning took Alex to Fallen Equestria (the Equestria of the Fall of equestria)? This story tells a tail of his being taken a different Equestria.

  • ...
5
 17
 1,666

Getting Settled pt I

Alexandre VIATOR:

The Alicorn King

By

Scarlet Rhine

&

Tempest Flare

Getting Settled

Alex lay down on the bed as Fluttershy silently directed him, unfurling his wings and relaxing them.

Rainbow sat down in one of the chairs in the room. "Be careful Fluttershy." If thestral wings are like pegasi wings they're sensitive."

Fluttershy nodded then said with a sneaky smile. "I know. In fact, I'm counting on it."

Fluttershy's hands expertly massaged Alex's tired wings from the joints to the pinions of the wings themselves. Noting his leathery wings were alot like the wings of bats, she got some oil and rubbed it in while also reaching towards a certain spot on Alex's back right below the connection point of the wing to its own shoulder joint.

Once Fluttershy started putting a small amount of pressure on that point Alex felt something release on his back. "Okay that felt weird, good but weird." Alex muttered as Fluttershy giggled.

"It would considering you had a buildup of naturally produced waterproofing oil in that gland. You must use your own oils a lot considering how much just got released." Fluttershy commented as she began to mix the natural oil she got from the gland with the specially mixed numbing oil needed specifically for pegasi wing aches. "Using your own oils for the most part is good but this stuff will help with both numbing the sore spots and increasing the sensitivity in other parts of the wing." The veterinarian pone knew that while a bat wing is waterproof due to its naturally leathery nature there is a near invisible amount of fine hair on the wing to help in flight, a lesser known benefit of naturally produced wing oil will also help to get grime out of feathers and in this case would help with cleaning anything caught in those fine hairs on Alex's wings.

"That must explain the sore ache I have in a similar spot or any other side of my spine. It must be the overworked gland or maybe an overfull one?" Alex muttered.

Fluttershy began to work on the other wing and oil gland. But when she gently pressed down, she felt a firm resistance. "Rainbow! Go get me a small bowl from my kitchen." Rainbow was sitting straight up looking worried. "What's wrong?" She asked. Fluttershy carefully felt around the blocked gland. "Alex's left oil gland has somehow gotten blocked and it's filled to bursting. There are ways this could happen. One of the ways is suffering a powerful crash and a bit of debris gets lodged in the port. The best way to treat it is to apply pressure to the gland forcing the clog to pop out. It's a good idea to have a bowl ready to catch the released oil as it will jet out."

Nodding Rainbow left to get a bowl and returned with Fluttershy's mixing bowl. With Rainbow Dash following her instructions, the bowl was positioned correctly. Then Fluttershy pressed the blocked gland. With audible pop and a tinkle the gland was unblocked and a jet of oil shot into the bowl and about half a minute later the bowl was half full. Fluttershy used some of the oil to help.

"I don't believe it." Rainbow complained. "Alex was in the hospital and they missed that potentially grounding injury. That's grounds for a lawsuit."

Fluttershy frowned before saying "Ponyville General is staffed by earth ponies and unicorn medical professionals who wouldn't immediately recognize it!. Besides with the oil gland being a lesser known part of pegasi anatomy even to most of our tribe thanks to the more readily available and used store-bought oils for waterproofing not every flyer can produce as much oil as you and Alex can. A burst oil gland for them isn't grounding forever but a few days at the most as the gland heals." As Fluttershy continued working using some of her chiropractic knowledge to help his sore muscles she noticed that her ministrations from earlier had a desired effect "Oh MY!"

This cry caused Rainbow to look and have a wing boner. The release of the pent up oil caused Alex to have a boner and he was on full display.

The two mares shared a look and a little smile and looked at the poor stallion who gulped.

Hours later the trio was walking to the Golden Oaks with satisfied looks and the mares holding their bellies.


Twilight had gone back to the library and took down a book titled, "Hal Sing's Comprehensive Guide to Thestrals" then a quill, Ink well, and scroll then went to her kitchen table, sat down and began reading. The first charter mostly was a comparison between pegasi and thestrals and how they were similar to each other. Going as far to say that both tribes were related. Then it seemed to go from stating facts to recounting folktales. One thing that caught her attention was a supposed quote of a bat pony. "Why does her grace Princess Luna, obsesse over the day ponies liking her night. Why can't the goddess of the night be happy we love it?"

Twilight looked up in surprise saying, "Who's Princess Luna?"

Spike waddled into the kitchen intent on making breakfast for him, Twilight and the others. So Twilight's question and her being at the table so early surprised him. "Twilight!" He yelped in surprise. "Did you pull another all nighter or are you switching schedules so you could have more time with tall dark and batty."

Twilight blushes as she says, "eh. Heh heh not that I have any plans but it would be beneficial if he wasn't fighting to stay awake." She replies a little too quickly.

A minute later Twilight is rescued from the awkward situation with Pinkie Pie shouting, "Hey Twilight! Rarity and I are here for the meeting!" Followed by the clopping sound of hooved feet. It was followed by the cultured voice of Rarity Saying, "Really Pinkie! Must you shout? Twilight must be in bed sleeping right now." Spike left the kitchen to tell the visitors that the library was closed until it could be reorganized but froze in place when laid eyes on Rarity.

"Damn she thicc!" Spike thought. "Still I shouldn't get too worked up about my mom's herd mates, but maybe Rarity here has a little sister more around my age."

Then at that moment a small head peeked around Rarity's torso. "Rarity, why are we at the library?" The unicorn filly, who looked about Spike's age timidly asked.

"Cute!!!" Spike thought as his brain finally caught up to his body which was already heading towards the kitchen to prepare more breakfast than he had calculated for. "We'll need another two dozen eggs sugar after this but I think I can make waffles for everyone, including any more unexpected guests especially if they're as cute as her."

As the baby dragon stepped into the kitchen, two more ponies entered the lobby Applejack and Apple Bloom. The younger apple sibling walked to the younger unicorn and said, "Hi. Ah'm Apple Bloom. Who're you?" As she stretched out her hand.

"Sweetie Belle." She introduced herself. "We met before when Rarity took on the task of fixing up your ribbon as a favor for Applejack but it was only briefly so you probably don't remember."

Apple Bloom takes Sweetie Belle's hand lead her to a table then said, "I heard the new stallion in town literally dropped into town. Did Rarity say anything about his looks?"

Sweetie Belle thought about the question when the door opened to let the two Pegasi and lone thestral walk in. "Sorry we're late." Rainbow Called out. "Fluttershy discovered a plugged & backed up oil gland. After that things go nt heated." The Mare rubbed her belly in satisfaction. "First bitches!"

"Rainbow Dash!" Rarity exclaimed, astonished at the speed demon. "First off there are young ones present so language and second did you really have to jump Alex here. The poor thing has memory loss and is delusional saying that he came from another world and all."

"Uh Rarity?" Fluttershy and tried to interrupt.

"Another thing, you pushed an injured stallion into a race so recently after a life and death experience and he could have died from the stress himself. While it was impressive at the time, thinking about the circumstances made me realize what you did what you both did was incredibly stupid!"

"Rarity!" Fluttershy said, stopping the unicorn's tirade. "We didn't jump him. It was after I helped with his wings and fixed the oil gland problem I gave him a back massage. Thanks to that one thing lead to another and we all had fun."

"Well then, at least it wasn't forced." Rarity said as she sat down. "Sorry Sweetie Belle, you shouldn't have to hear about that."

"Uh… Rarity." Alex chimed in. "Thank you for standing up for me but I think <YAWN> I'm going to find the guest room and turn in for the day." At which point he started for the stairs.

Spike came running and guided him to the guest room calling over his shoulder. "I made enough for everyone to help yourselves."

Soon the mares where in the breakfast nook with a short stack in front of them "Ok." Twilight announced. "What are we going to do to help Alex?"

"Well there we need to get some land so a proper Herd home could be built so he has some place to live." Applejack plain stated. Rarity nodded saying, "Right. As it stands now he has to move from home to protect not only his reputation but ours. That is not very sustainable. Plus he needs a place to recover from his current ordeal."

Pinkie then said, "Heard several mares talking about getting enough together to buy the Old Pear farm for him."

"Uh," Fluttershy said. "There are a few places in the Everfree that are up for sale."

The group looked at Fluttershy in shock, especially Applejack. "Now how in tarnation do you know about that?"

"My cottage used to be on that list since it is literally right by the forest. While I never went into the Everfree to look at the other properties I did see them on the map. Including the historical preservation site about two or three miles deep within the forest. There is a small section of it that was being sold to allow for a caretaker of the site to keep it from falling apart further and in order to preserve what one can." Fluttershy said. "It might be a good idea to look into the properties there if we want to protect our stallion."

"Hmm." Twilight said. "Alex mentioned that his mentor was a premiere Archaeologist."

"I think we should get him that historic preservation property. I mean he could use his training as well to clear out a safe home. What's the site he'd be supposed to preserve?" Rainbow chirped.

"The Castle of the Two Sisters. The Canterlot Historical Society wants it eventually restored as a thanks to Celestia for her Stewardship of the sun and moon." Rarity said.


Meanwhile in the dreamscape,

Alex found himself in a stone corridor. Without thinking he clicked his tongue when he got a 3D picture of his surroundings as well a 3D rendering of a tall woman with a horn and wings approaching him from behind.

Turning to face her he Demanded, "Stop right there. Who're you and what is your interest in me?"

As if in response, the corridor transformed into a throne room and she was in a seductive dress. "Interesting, you detected me in spite of me my masking my presence." The Mare as Alex had finally corrected himself said before sniffing. "You have his stench about you but not a fragment of himself which would mark you as his. But that doesn't matter that bitch of a sister of mine and I turned him to stone. I am Nightmare Moon, Queen of the night, Warden of Dreams and your sovereign."

Alex braced against the wind from Nightmare as she shouted her name and title. And looked at her as she continued, "My interest in you is simple, you intrigue me. You've been thrust into this world against your will with no knowledge of your kind learned up to your age." A book appears in front of him. "This tome contains the knowledge you lack. Touch it and the knowledge will be yours."

Alex reached out and grasped the book which dissolved into a cloud of golden dust and was absorbed into him. "Ok." He said. "Before we part I must know what happened to the other thestrals?" Nightmare's face grew dark before saying, "When I decided to bring eternal night I asked for their help. Those that refused were herded into the crystal mines in Mount Canter. A total of three hundred mares, sixty stallions were placed in hibernation for one thousand years and a day."

"Ok. That was Informative. Now leave and never return." He said.

"YOU DARE?!"

"I dare. And to send on your way, here's a canary call… thestral style. EEEEEEEE!!!!!!!"

Nightmare Moon's form shattered. Though before that happened it seemed that Nightmare Moon actually smiled, something Alex hadn't noticed.

"You will definitely be a good match for her." She thought as the fragments faded away.


Alex woke up & looked at the window. He noticed that it had blasted out and he didn't have time to ponder the events that happened when Twilight popped in followed by Rainbow Dash shoulder bashing the door with Fluttershy close behind. All three looked ready to fight.

"That was one heck of a scream." Rainbow said after a second of hovering around the room. "We heard the window shattering and thought that maybe something had gotten to you. Let me guess you had a semi-lucid Nightmare? Twilight told us that some bat ponies can accidentally use sonic attacks at times of stress so…"

"There was no semi about it" Alex said. "And wasn't a nightmare par se." Alex got out of bed then began to make his bed. "Twilight, who is Nightmare Moon?" He asked. After telling Twilight he started down stairs absently patting first Rainbow and Fluttershy's bellys enroute. "That dream realm encounter has me worked up so I'm going to do research to relax." Moments later the clopping of hooves on wooden stairs.

"What?" Rainbow said in surprise, "Our stallion is both a cool athlete AND an egghead?"

Fluttershy smiled as she said, "I told you Rainbow going on five years that being an athlete and a scholar are compatible."
Rainbow Dash nodded saying in a subdued tone, "Your right Fluttershy. An like a dumb jock I refused listen. <GASP> you don't think he'll cast me out of the herd for…" ending in a shocked tone.
Fluttershy flew up to her childhood friend saying comfortingly, "I don't think there's a cruel bone in his body or I wouldn't have let him in my cottage. Now let's get Twilight out this room or the herd's going to have another on the way before mating season." The pair lowered themselves to pick up Twilight.
The girls were too late and a puddle was evident at Twilight's feet. "He isn't going to relax by research, but I'll help him to relax in another way." The unicorn thought as she got back up thanks to the other two. "Thanks girls, but for now I'm going to help Alex in his research. I've heard of Nightmare Moon before we all have but considering that he mentioned Luna being the name of the Moon and 'his world' and what I recently learned from a book on thestrals mentioning a Princess Luna I think the two might be connected." "Plus I NEED him!" She continued in her head.