• Published 19th Jan 2023
  • 434 Views, 82 Comments

InFamous: Return of the Dazzlings - Blackdrag-rose



Adagio, Aria, and Sonata return to the world of Cole MacGrath to finish what they started and help a new Conduit find his place in life.

  • ...
2
 82
 434

Important Discussions

Following the downfall of Augustine, and Rainbow's arrival to deal with the nuke that had been launched to end them and all of the Conduits that were currently in the city, Adagio, her sisters, Delsin, and the rest of their group had followed the lady into her tower and only came to a stop in her command center.

"So, that just happened..." Augustine commented, because she had planned out how she was going to beat the sisters, or at least make an attempt on the matter, and not only had it failed spectacularly, in full view of everyone in Seattle, she had also learned of the government trying to nuke Seattle and the arrival of three additional pony girls, one who erased the nuke as if it was nothing, "Honestly, I'm not sure how to process all of this. Who are you three?"

"Allow us to introduce the gods of our universe: Rainbow Dash, our God of Destruction; Applejack, our Kaioshin, and Twilight Sparkle, the Angel who tends to the Hakaishin." Adagio said, gesturing to the three individuals in turn, where it was easy to see that Augustine and the others, including Reggie, who had joined them after witnessing the end of their fight, were totally shocked by the information that they were being given, "Before you ask, let me answer a few questions right off the bat: yes, the universes from the Dragon Ball Z show exist; no, we aren't in Universe 7, rather we're in Universe 19; yes, we fought in the Tournament of Tower and helped take Jiren down."

"Seriously?" Delsin asked, because while he knew the sisters were strong, and that was confirmed after seeing their final forms, where they had reverted to their base forms after Augustine admitted defeat, this information told him and the rest of the group that they were stronger than they originally assumed, "You guys must be scary strong."

"Actually, there were others far stronger than us... I mean, it's hard to contend with actual gods." Sonata remarked, as while they had pulled their weight during the tournament she knew that some of the others had been the reason they knocked off some of the warriors from the other universes, causing her to remember something, "We should tell you about Sombra, our strategist, who was sent to the world of Ichigo Kurosaki and came back with the power of the Dios Hueco, or the 'Hollow God' as he called it... it's still amazing to think about how the dreaded King Sombra became a benevolent god."

"Wait, you mean the tyrant who controls dark magic is a benevolent ruler?" Eugene inquired, which was understandable, given Sombra's vast and dark history, something the sisters knew far more of than the people of this planet, before he found a number of gazes being sent his way, "What? Some of the Conduits I've freed are little children and some really like watching the show... I can't help but learn some things about it while I'm saving people."

"Well, let's just say you don't want to know his true history... and that it helps that he lost his memories when he was sent to another world." Aria said, which was the truth, some of the displaced lost their memories and forged new lives before figuring out a way to retrieve their old lives, usually shaping them into the heroes they ultimately became, though that was when she focused on the task at hand, "Anyway, we learned that things were happening on this planet, thanks to what our Kaioshin had seen, and came to investigate, which lead us to discover that you, Augustine, were labeling innocent people, Conduits or those who had the gene, as terrorists and were capturing them. Now, we understand that you might have had good intentions, for the safety of your kind, but you went about it all wrong and nearly ignited a war with the rest of the continent... we're fortunate that Rainbow was watching, really."

"And what would you propose? The government was killing Conduits before the DUP started... there's nothing we can do besides isolating ourselves in Curdan Cay." Augustine stated, because even though she had lost the battle she knew that she had the upper hand here, as her station was run by her and those who shared her thoughts on keeping the rest of their kind safe from the government, though that was when the alarm sounded.

Adagio and her sisters stood still for a moment, as they had been wondering when Zeke's team would arrive, leading to Delsin, Reggie, Fetch, and Eugene doing nothing as well, trusting that they knew what they were doing, which was when the door opened and a figure the sisters weren't expecting to see stepped in.

"Holy shit... Cole Macgrath?!" Fetch remarked, as everyone in the world assumed that he had been killed in the battle that took place in New Marais, even with the government blaming everyone on him and the sisters, so it was understandable that she and the others were stunned to see him.

"It can't be... the reports said that you died." Augustine stated, though at the same time she did nothing in regards to his arrival, because she knew that if the sisters were able to bring her down, and they had proved their strength to her, there was no chance of her beating Cole, whose power was unlike all of the Conduits who came before him.

"I'm afraid that the reports of my death were highly exaggerated." Cole replied, because while the tales were true, he had died to save the world from the Beast, the sisters knew that he had been revived by an electric storm Zeke had drove his boat into, bringing him back so they could form the Resistance that saved Conduits, "I died, sacrificing myself to save the world from the Beast and the Plague, and was revived thanks to a lightning bolt from a storm that formed overhead when Zeke and Trish took me away from New Marais. But that's not important right now, Augustine, as you have been beaten and your plans will never succeed now... but this doesn't have to be the end of your story, as I have a proposal for you: stand down, let the DUP disband, bring in all of the Conduits to New Marais, and join a new unit, the Conduit Liberation Front. Help us save Conduits, and give them hope in a new life, instead of hunting them like beasts."

"I don't understand. She's treating people like trash!" Delsin said, speaking for all of them while discovering that Adagio and her sisters seemed pleased with the idea, making him wonder if they were privy to the mechanics that allowed their universe to operate smoothly.

"I'm not disputing that fact, her treatment of Conduits leaves much to be desired." Cole commented, where the sisters and the others discovered something interesting, Augustine sank back into her chair, as if she was a student being talked to by a teacher or even the principle, "However, liberating those that are in Curdan Cay and bringing them to New Marais will show that she just wanted the best for our kind, while joining Zeke and our operatives in rescuing others who have just awakened their powers will show she has good intentions. It will take a long time for her to regain herself in the eyes of those who were tormented by the DUP, but if there is one thing that the Dazzlings have taught me in the time I've known them, it's that anyone can overcome their past and move onto a greater future."

"Except Tirek, despite Sunset's chances on the matter... he got what he deserved." Aria remarked, which was the weirdest part about what they had experienced during their travels, that most of the evils of Equus could be turned into heroes for the rest of the universe, while one of the biggest ones refused to acknowledge that continuing down that path was only going to lead to more pain.

"Really? What happened to him?" Zeke asked, as he had been behind Cole the entire time, while his team was likely either on their boat or in one of the buildings that they deemed to be safe, while also reminding them that he knew more about the other worlds, even though it was because of the shows he watched in the past.

"He did something stupid and Sunset terminated his existence... completely and utterly." Rainbow stated, which was the truth, even though the sisters knew there was far more to the tale than that, but only those in the highest positions in all of the universes knew the truth of what happened.

Augustine sat there for a moment, carefully listening to everything that was being said and considering what it all meant for someone like her, before she realized that there was a level of power beyond even her own, or even Cole for that matter, as now there were people who could wipe out people and nukes in an instant. There was a hidden threat mixed into the brief conversation that the sisters were having with their allies, that being the fact that anyone who caused bad things to happen on the planets of the universe might be terminated like the nuke had been. She thought about it for a time, knowing now that if she continued down the path she had been walking for some time it would likely be the death of her, not at the hands of a Conduit or government agent, like she had originally believed, but by a being far stronger than her and those who had joined the DUP. Even as Zeke talked about how the public was going to turn on the government, as firing a nuke on American soil was enough to cause many to speak up at long last, because this was unacceptable in more ways than one, so it was only a matter of time until something massive happened.

In that moment she shifted her chair and focused on her computer, where she started issuing orders to the workers that were stationed in Curdan Cay, as well as making sure to send a note to the paper Conduit she had released and failed to use on account of the power that the sisters had access to.

"I'm sending word to my facility to start transporting the Conduits to New Marais... and I'm telling the government to go ahead with the disbanding of the DUP." Augustine stated, where she could tell that some of them were surprised that she was having this change of heart, but in the face of the powerful beings who were interested in this planet, especially what they were capable of doing, she knew that challenging them in some manner was a bad idea, "It will take some time for all of my forces to get over their hatred for Conduits, since many were lost in the Beast's wake seven years ago, but with me standing down the rest of my forces should follow... maybe some of them will come with me, to help liberate the rest of the Conduits of the world."

"And what about our tribe?" Reggie asked, because that was the whole reason that he and Delsin had bothered to come to Seattle in the first place, due to her critically harming nearly everyone in their tribe when Hank caused the wreck, so both he and his brother wanted to make sure she would correct her mistake, otherwise it would annoy Delsin.

"Once I'm done here, and we leave to see this city, I'll make sure to extract the concrete before I move on." Augustine said, showing that she understood what he meant and that she was likely hoping that doing this would get her out of trouble with the rest of the group, even though those like Abigail and Eugene would take some time to fully forgive her.

As the group walked about what they were going to do next, especially since Cole was interested in talking to Augustine about her organization, the sisters wondered if they'd be able to help get rid of the DUP's hatred towards Conduits, like they had done back in Empire City, and it made them look forward to what might happen next.