• Published 3rd Aug 2022
  • 1,019 Views, 30 Comments

The Call Of The Void - Jahbraz



Sans, desperate to find some way of stopping the human's endless slaughter, forms alliances and takes drastic measures. But new variables are introduced... ones that could change everything.

  • ...
1
 30
 1,019

Prelude - Once Upon A Time...

Mt. Ebott, 201X

ONCE UPON A TIME, LONG AGO....

There lived two races that ruled over the Earth:
HUMANS and MONSTERS.

One day... war broke out between the two.

But you already know this story.

Many years later, a human fell down into the underground. Frightened and confused, they made their way through the Underground, helped and hunted by monsters along the way. At the end of their journey, they faced off against the broken mountain King. Having learned MERCY was better than FIGHTing, they spared KING ASGORE... only for him to be horrifically killed by the soulless being FLOWEY the Flower, who stole the six human SOULs and used them to overpower the human's DETERMINATION (overriding their SAVE file), and empower himself, transforming into a monstrous amalgamation of human, monster, plant, and machine parts called Photoshop Flowey.

After a long, arduous, and terrifying battle, the human, FRISK, finally defeated Photoshop Flowey, with the help of the six human souls, who had rebelled against Flowey's control. To Flowey's seeming astonishment, they spared him, despite all the cruel and evil deeds he had commited. But this was just part of his plan.

Flowey, enacting the second phase of his plot, advised Frisk to RESET, and SPARE monsters every time they got into a FIGHT. Frisk did just that, and more; not only did they SPARE every monster they came across, they befriended each and every one of them. Reaching the end of their journey for the second time, however, they came to a stunning realization; the First Fallen Child, CHARA, had been right beside them the whole time, having been awoken by FRISK'S determination. Upon reuniting with the friends they'd made along the way, Frisk and Chara were ambushed by Flowey, who, in a horrifying twist, revealed himself to be King Asgore and Queen TORIEL's deceased child, ASRIEL DREEMURR. In a climactic final battle in which both Frisk and Chara rescued their now captured friends and family, before it all came to a head as Asriel unleashed his full power as the God of Hyperdeath. But, despite being hit with attacks that by all means should have killed...

...Frisk REFUSED to die!

Through sheer wit and willpower alone, the Seventh Child SAVED both Asriel and the monsters of the Underground with the push of a button, saving Asriel from himself.

Remorseful over his actions as Flowey, Asriel freed the monsters he had captured and, in a great act of atonement, broke the barrier sealing the monsters inside Mt. Ebbott. Sadly, despite all the hardships everyone went through, Asriel could not stay long, as his true form was only a result of the souls of both the six humans and all the monsters of the underground. He would soon change back into Flowey, who could not feel emotion the same way others could due to not having a soul.

In a tearful goodbye, Frisk comforted Asriel in his last moments before he reverted back into his flower form, before meeting with all the friends they'd made along their journey one last time before heading to the surface with their best friends Toriel, SANS the skeleton, the Great PAPYRUS, Royal Guardswoman UNDYNE, Royal Scientist ALYPHS, robotic entertainer METTATON, the ghostly NAPSTABLOOK, and the King of the Underground, Asgore, for a new beginning on the Surface.

But the peace wouldn't last.

Sans, a skeleton who once worked as a scientist in the CORE, a large power generator for the Underground, knew about the existence of alternate timelines and the power of SAVEs, LOADs, and RESETs. So when he woke up back in his house in Snowdin several days after Frisk freed monsterkind, he was understandably confused, noting that he had huge holes in his memory.

It wouldn't take long for him to figure out what had happened when he began getting multiple unsettling reports of timelines everywhere jumping left, right, and center before being destroyed entirely. Unnverved, he set out to confront the Anomaly to find out more, and, most importantly, find out why.

He didn't have wait very long to figure out that Frisk - or what seemed like Frisk - had gone on a rampage, killing every monster they came across. Dust covered their clothes, and their expression was disturbingly blank, as their Level Of ViolencE increased rapidly. Alarmed, Sans returned to Snowdin and warned as many monsters as he could, all while keeping a close eye on the human.

Unfortunately, all of this multitasking meant he never kept an eye on his brother, Papyrus, who went to confront the human himself, trying to convince them to change their ways and that they could be good if they just tried.

He'd soon find his sibling's dust-covered scarf laying in the snow near the edge of town.

Numb with grief and disbelief, Sans would seemingly disappear from the Underground, not to be seen again for some time. All the while, the human continued to slaughter monsters as they moved through the Underground. Not even the strongest monsters could stop them, as their determination allowed them to prevail each and every time. Through it all, the human became more and more covered in dust... and began to become less and less human the more their LV increased. Horrifyingly, although no one knew it, Frisk and Chara both were still there, forced to watch as their body moved seemingly of its' own volition, killing all the friends they knew and loved before their very eyes.

It was at the Final Corridor that Sans finally intervened, having realized that the Anomaly was getting very close to the point of no return. He'd gotten sick of seeing everyone be dusted before his eyes.

In a battle never told, never seen by monsters, but silently observed by many from outside our realm, Sans broke a promise he made to Toriel and fought the human to a standstill. In the battle, he used his wits, intelligence, powers, and his knowledge of the SAVE system to frustrate the Anomaly, dodging when no other monster in the Underground could, dealing damage at high speeds with Karmic Retribution, and heavily injuring the human with powerful weapons known as Gaster Blasters.

But, despite all of his efforts, Sans was cut down when the human turned his own tactic of breaking the rules against him by attacking twice in one turn. Not wanting to give the Anomaly the satisfaction of seeing him die a broken man, Sans walked away with one last warning, before turning to dust.

Moving forward, the Anomaly slaughtered both Asgore and Flowey/Asriel in cold blood, before using the power of the determination it had gained to destroy the world as we know it.

Horrifyingly, it seemed that that wasn't enough for the Anomaly... because it came back and RESET everything using Frisk's SOUL in a deal with Chara, who had been overcome with HATE over the course of the Anomaly's 'Genocide Route'.

Massacres came and went, starting and stopping, until the Anomaly found a mysterious door, encountered once by Frisk and Chara, but not seen by the Anomaly. Curiosity struck them, and they turned the knob. A strange figure sat in the center of the room, glitch particles surrounding them. Motionless... but not dead. Trying to interact with the figure, the Anomaly got no response. Until it seemingly awoke, and called out the Anomaly for its' actions, calling it by its' true name: The PLAYER. Using their power, the figure rendered the human unconscious, and left the dark room.

Finally released after being stuck in the Void for an innumerable number of years, the glitchy, unstable figure/entity roamed the Underground in search of allies. Gathering the Boss Monsters of the Underground, he brought them all to Snowdin, where he met up with Sans the skeleton. Shocked upon seeing his old friend's return, Sans spoke with the figure and his fellow monsters. The figure talked with them all about the human and the Player, and the genocides, massacres, and Resets the latter brought upon their world. At first, the group was skeptical, not understanding the powers the human held. But the figure from the Void then spoke not words, but experiences.

With their memories of previous timelines restored, the Boss Monsters, now enraged at the Anomaly's actions, and worried for the safety and sanity of their human friend, began formulating a plan. Splitting into groups, the monsters prepared for battle, and set up an ingenious trap designed by both Sans and the figure. Evacuating the remaining monsters from their homes, the Royal Guard retreated back to the CORE, where the scientists and engineers of the Underground harnessed the CORE's energy for one last stand.

Sans, who had sworn to his last breath he'd make this last chance count, acted as both a distraction and as the bait, keeping the Anomaly occupied until the trap was finished, using abilities gifted to him by the mysterious figure and its' own allies to stall them as long as possible. He'd then flee and lure the Player to the CORE, where the Boss Monsters would cripple the Anomaly's human puppet, and activate the Determination Extractor. Upon relieving them of their Determination, Sans and the figure would fight them one last time in an effort to get Frisk to fight back against the Player's control so they could destroy the Anomaly once and for all.

But, outside of the knowledge of everyone, even the enigmatic figure, our world was on a collision course with another. This other world had different rules and principles, and this world's magic would throw a wrench into both the Player's and the monster's plans, while throughout it all, one ALICORN and her PONY friends continued living their lives as normal, unaware that their world was about to be changed forever....

MY LITTLE TALE: CALL OF THE VOID

Author's Note:

Hope y'all like this intro of sorts. I drew from the original Undertale intro sequence along with that of Undertale: Last Breath's.

Don't worry, people, there's going to be ponies! This is just the Prelude, with the prologue detailing the fight between the Player and Sans as he springs the trap on them. We're not going to see Equestria for real until the third chapter (which will be the legit chapter one), although I'm planning to at least give it a short appearance at the very end of the second chapter (the prologue/fight sequence). I won't spoil too much (although with me, I sort of write things as I go along, so technically even I don't know what the fight will be like when I write it), but I will tell you all that the fight will incorporate elements from all 3 (4 if you count phase 2.5) phases of Call of the Void and Last Breath. I'll give it my all to write it as best as I can, because I haven't written all that many fight scenes, and the one I wrote in my older story 'The Hollow Vessel' wasn't all that good. SO! When I write it, I'll be sure to post a link to the unfinished chapter (along with the password you'll need to view it) so y'all can yell at me for my poor writing skills and then help me fix what I get wrong.

The pictures are from Undertale, Undertale: Last Breath, and My Little Tale, respectively.