• Published 2nd Aug 2022
  • 658 Views, 11 Comments

Hidden Love - Starlight Fan



Starlight and Twilight have been going out for quite a while now, which is great but unfortunately, Twilight’s not ready to go public yet, for she has a bunch of worries preventing her from coming out.

  • ...
8
 11
 658

Mending a Broken Heart

Starlight stood at her favorite little hill as she flew her kite, and sighed.

I should have known it was too good to be true.’ Starlight thought.

Starlight felt like she would never find somepony who would love her, other than her father in a familial way of course. Sure she had friends, but she doubted someone like her could find a special somepony until Twilight appeared into her life, she felt whole, she felt like a missing piece from her life was found.

And just like that, it was over.

Why I thought I could ever date somepony with a princess status is beyond me.’ Starlight laughed bitterly.

“Starlight!” She heard a high pitched voice call out, she turned to see Spike fly up to her before standing where she was.

“What do you want?” Starlight asked sadly.

“Look, I know what Twilight said sounded bad, but you gotta give her another chance. She never meant to hurt you.” Spike began pleading.

“Spike, I’m not cutting Twilight out of my life, she’s too important to me. However I can’t get back together with her. I’ll probably just cause her a bunch of problems if we go public. She said so herself.” Starlight said, she wiped her eyes a bit before turning back to her kite.

“Starlight, how much did you hear from me and Rarity’s conversation with Twilight?” Spike asked curiously.

“All I heard was Rarity say that she didn’t find much wrong with me and Twilight going public and then I heard Twilight say how she felt going public would be a bad idea because she didn’t want Equestria to know she was dating a former criminal!” Starlight said with a sniff.

“Yeah, I kinda figured. What you didn’t hear is that Twilight didn’t want anypony to know about your relationship is because she didn’t want you to get harassed by a bunch of upper class ponies who will find you a commoner or her admirers who will be mad that they lost her to a former criminal.” Spike explained, “Trust me, Twilight had good intentions.”

“That’s why she wanted to keep it a secret?” Starlight asked curiously as she let her kite drift to the ground.

“Yeah. In truth she could care less about other ponies’ opinions on her love life, she just wanted to make sure you wouldn’t get hurt.” Spike nodded.

“I…I didn’t know.” Starlight said in shock, “She could’ve told me that. I would’ve understood and tried to help her.”

“I’m sure she has a reason for that too, though you won’t find out unless you give Twilight another chance.” Spike said as he began flapping his wings in the air again.

Starlight began to think, Twilight had hurt her by not putting enough faith in her to know the reason why she wanted to keep their relationship a secret, and there were still risks for them if they were to go public, but if Twilight didn’t actually care about what those ponies thought, it was likely worth giving her another chance.

“If I’m being honest. I would be lying if I said I didn’t want to talk to her about the ordeal. Alright, I’ll give her a chance to explain.” Starlight shrugged with a smile.

“Awesome! You won’t regret it!” Spike embraced Starlight happily before Starlight rolled her eyes with a smile and teleported herself and Spike away from the hill.

Soon she and Spike popped up back at the map table where Twilight, Rarity, and Discord all were waiting.

“Hey Starlight. You decided to come back Huh?” Twilight smiled nervously.

“Yeah… I needed some time to cool down. Spike was able to get me to come back.” Starlight admitted.

Twilight then turned to Rarity and Discord, “Could you two and Spike give us a minute? I need to speak with Starlight without interference.”

“Of course darling. Let’s go boys.” Rarity smiled before she and Spike exited the map room with Discord floating behind them.

“Spike made me realize I didn’t really give you a chance to explain. I was too heartbroken from what I heard that it clouded my better judgement. I’m sorry Twilight, but I’m ready to hear you out.” Starlight began.

“Okay, so the reason I was so afraid of going public was because I was afraid how other ponies would start treating you. Whether it’s because the upper class ponies would treat you as if you are beneath me or if my admirers would be salty because you became my girlfriend despite your past actions.” Twilight explained sincerely.

“Twilight, I don’t care about what some snooty jerks or bitter fan ponies think about me or us, I only care about what you think.” Starlight said softly.

“I know that now, and I’m sorry I didn’t let you know this sooner.” Twilight apologized.

“I just have a question. Why didn’t you tell me the real reason about why you wanted to keep our relationship a secret?” Starlight asked curiously.

“I thought that if you knew the risks were higher than just homophobia, you would want to back out of the relationship for my sake even though I don’t want that, I love you.” Twilight said, hugging Starlight tightly, but enough so that she could breathe.

“I love you too Twilight. It doesn’t matter to me what anypony else thinks of us, as long as you think I’m good enough for you, that’s all I need.” Starlight hugged Twilight back.

“So, does this mean we can start over?” Twilight asked as she released Starlight from the hug.

“You even have to ask?” Starlight snickered before she kissed Twilight, who kissed back.

Little did they know, Spike, Rarity, and Discord were listening in on their conversation and smiled at what they saw. They were glad that Twilight and Starlight worked things out.

As soon as they stopped kissing, they decided to reenter the room.

“Are you two gonna keep making out in there or should we get you a room?” Discord said with a smug smirk.

“Ha ha, very funny.” Starlight laughed good naturedly, “But no, me and Twilight are alright.”

“Glad to see you’re back together, even if I only knew about the relationship just now.” Spike said happily before chuckling.

“So, what are you two gonna do now?” Rarity asked curiously.

“Well, given everything that’s happened, I’m done keeping this relationship a secret from the girls. I’m content with going public now and they deserve to know how much I care about Starlight anyway.” Twilight smiles as she wraps a wing around Starlight.

“You realize Applejack’s gonna be mad when she finds out that you two kept this from all of us.” Spike smirked.

“Oh she’ll be furious, but I think we’ll be okay.” Starlight said, as she smiled at Twilight who smiled back.

Starlight never thought she would come so far, and she was surprised to have fallen for Twilight, but she was not complaining, she would never trade Twilight for anything in the world.

Twilight was also surprised with how far she came, she didn’t see much need for friends at first, much less a girlfriend but now she has Starlight, and she was happy to have her in her life.

Author's Note:

I had extra time on my hands so I figured I could get this done tonight. This was a lot of fun to make, and I consider this one of my better stories.

Comments ( 1 )

Very wonderful ending here. I am glad to see them reconcile and I'm glad Twilight finally saw the light that she shouldn't be concerned over what the bottom rung of society thinks.

Login or register to comment