• Published 31st Jul 2022
  • 411 Views, 11 Comments

Flim Flam's Famous Freakshow - Jest



Rarity has fallen on hard times, and now finds herself a correspondent for a shady newspaper. Worse still, she has to lower herself to 'reviewing' a freak show. Though perhaps this is the start of something amazing.

  • ...
5
 11
 411

The Deal

As if on cue, Applejack extended a hoof, photograph sitting atop the offered limb. Rarity swiftly grabbed it, only for her hoof to be snagged by Applejack before the reporter had a chance to leave.

“I heard what you said,” whispered the voice of Applejack from inside the booth. “Were you serious?”

“Deadly so,” Rarity answered.

Applejack pulled back the curtain and peeked her head outside, peering intently into Rarity’s eyes.

“If you do that, Flim won't be happy. You were supposed to see and review both the variety hour and Trixie’s act,” Applejack pressed.

“Then I will simply convince him otherwise,” Rarity exclaimed.

Applejack held on for a second longer before releasing her ironlike grip. “Do that, and I’ll show you to their wagons. You’ll have to wait until this is over though.”

“I accept,” Rarity exclaimed.

The former fashionista turned around and trotted back over to the edge of the stage just as another group was sitting down.

“Shouldn't you be rushing over to the main tent?” Flim demanded.

“I was thinking of skipping it,” Rarity offered. “This is far more interesting.”

“Really now,” Flim muttered.

“Quite,” Rarity exclaimed. “You wouldn't mind if I interviewed your performers, would you?”

“We paid you to review both shows,” Flim stated.

“And I will, you are open tomorrow aren't you?” Rarity pressed.

“Not good enough. We wanted the boost in sales your paper promised it could bring in time for the Sunday crowd,” Flim continued.

“You know Flim, I think that your brother is underestimating your variety hour,” Rarity remarked.

Flim blinked and turned fully to the mare. “What did you just say?”

“You heard me, darling. I’ve seen dozens, hundreds of magic shows in my time, but where can you see the strongest mare in Equestria, and a two-headed pony? Nowhere!” Rarity continued.

Flim was silent, a contemplative look crossing his face.

“Look, darling. What you have here is gold, real gold, not the kind that can be faked,” Rarity gushed. “Besides. This kind of show is shunned in Canterlot, but they still come out to see it. Trust me, if you want to attract the big spenders you advertise this show, not Trixie. They’ve all seen a million acts like hers.”

“Trixie’s show is unique,” Flim stated halfheartedly.

“Do you know how many magicians say that? All of them,” Rarity dismissed, scoffing at the mere notion. “An interview with each of your variety hour performers will make this article really sand out.”

Flim took the next group’s money and thought about it for a few seconds before reluctantly nodding. “Fine, but this better be one glowing review.”

“It will be,” Rarity proclaimed.

Flim sighed. “Don't make me regret this Miss Belle.”

Rarity smiled. “I won't.”

Author's Note:

If you want to read the next updates for my biggest stories at the begining of the month rather at the end, or want to get a commission from me as well as access to patreon exclusive content, and the chance to submit story requests every month, head over to my patreon!

Join me over on patreon and get instant access to exclusive content and early looks at new stories, patreon only stories and other great stuff! Check it out!
Or just join the discord to ensure that you dont miss an update.

This update was made possible by the wonderful support of readers like you: Ech, Tailsic, Chrisb32, Nightwing, Tonoz, CoreyPeters, Thane, Renegade, Sunset Flash, Kyokimute, Monsterkittie, Louts Petals, Tacocat, Tom, MestreJ, Aang Slyver, Canary in the Coal Mine, Ceepert, Starless, Vi Watch, Facinus, M, Nfreak, Venerable Ro, Blade Tech, Cryil Shadeclaw, John Gonzales, Nightwing, Peter Coulthard, Srgtartman, Thane Kull, Victor, Dale, Dragons' Sheppard, Egery007, Gear change the earth pony, Ivar, James, Kali, Lich Lord Krosis, Menthol Qtip, Midnight Serenade, Mop Hop, Nathan Brown, Octavia Lowbar, Pacsik, Soundtea, Hannibal, Fiamgoku, Grub, Matias Duran, and Steven.

Comments ( 6 )

Looking forward to see what is the actual plot of this story

How is Applejack stronger than Lily Longsocks?

11317755
Some random background character that isnt cannon to this story.

11317765

Oh.

So, I looked her up anyway. And she is a small earth pony filly with ridiculous earth pony strength, despite her age, and small stature. Well, I already know that this is a AU. Considering how most of the Mane Six have a "special" physical statures and backgrounds.

11338358
If it gets requested from a patron/supporter or if I ever have a free moment I will definitely finish it.

Login or register to comment