• Published 27th Jul 2022
  • 369 Views, 2 Comments

Rainbow's Flock - Applefai



Rainbow's son Cumulo navigates life as a young adult stallion.

  • ...
 2
 369

Asking an Apple to a Date

The weekend was almost over and Cumulo woke up early and ate breakfast, after he finished he went about his daily routine before heading out the door and flew to Sweet Apple Acres where Applejack, her husband Caramel, and her daughter, Gala. They had woken up at the crack of dawn to harvest the yield for today.

Cumulo flew down and landed near Applejack, the sound of his feet hitting the floor alerted her to his presence. "Oh, Howdy there, Cumulo." Applejack greeted him as she picked apples and placed them in her basket.

"Morning, Miss Applejack. Need any help?" Cumulo asked, thinking this would be the best excuse to be near Gala in order to ask her.

Sliding down the ladder with a basket full of bright red apples, Applejack smiled. "Sure, here," the farmer said as she thrust the basket eagerly into Cumulo's hands. "Take those to the barn, then go see if Gala needs any help." Applejack said as she grabbed the ladder and leaned it up against another tree.

"Yes, ma'am," Cumulo replied as he started walking to the barn before being stopped by Applejack.

"Cumulo, no need to be formal, yer parents and I are friends, just call me by name," Applejack said as she gently plucked apples from the branches.

"Yes, Applejack," Cumulo replied with a nod as he whisked the basket full of the red fruits to the barn and then went into the orchard, finding Gala about ready to climb the ladder to start picking. Cumulo blushed as he watched her, her daisy dukes and short flannel shirt hugging her body, her midriff lying bare as she picked the red fruit. Her golden hair done up in a ponytail gleams in the sun as she moves. She's the spitting image of her mother, the only difference was her blue eyes, which she inherited from her father.

Cumulo lost in thought came closer and held the ladder, not saying a word. Gala had finished gathering the fruits and started to climb down, when she looked down, she saw Cumulo looking at her.

"Oh, heya, Cumulo; I wasn't expecting to see you here." She says as Cumulo steps back to let her through.

"Yeah, I thought I'd lend a hand and help out around the farm." Cumulo replied as he scratched the back of his head, blushing brightly as his heart pounded in his chest.

As Cumulo and Gala worked together, Cumulo's heart pounded at what seemed like one-hundred beats per second, his palms get sweaty as he looked at her.

"Hey, Gala. I was wondering." Cumulo broke the silence, his heart leaping into his throat, causing him to barely form the words.

Gala looked at him with a smile, waiting to hear what he was going to ask.

Cumulo swallowed, collecting his thoughts as he took a breath. "You know how there's going to be a dance at school next month right?" He asked, sweat beading up on his forehead.

"Yes?" Gala responded questioningly as she set down a bucket of apples in the barn.

Cumulo's heartbeat pounded at what seemed ninety per minute, his mouth felt dry as he tried to think of the words to say before just going for it. "I was wondering if you would like to go with me?"

Taken back by surprise, Gala teared up before holding her chest. "Of course, Cumulo. I was wondering when you were gonna ask me." Gala replied as she threw her arms around him to give him a hug.

Embracing the hug, Cumulo wrapped his arms around Gala and held her close.

Breaking the hug, Gala pulled back and looked at Cumulo. "But why ask me so early?" She asked as she got ready to return to the orchard and finish her chores, Cumulo following behind her.

"Well, I figured I'd ask you before somepony else and because ummm, I….." Cumulo trailed off, losing his train of thought as he walked behind her, her butt swaying from side to side as she walked.

"Yes, what is it?" She asked as she smiled, giving her ass a playful smack as Cumulo stared at her.

"I was hoping we could also go on a few dates, maybe a movie and dinner?" Cumulo asked as Gala blushed.

Smiling and grinning, she looked at Cumulo. "Don't you mean dinner and a movie?" She asks, grinning , causing Cumulo to blush.

Cumulo scratched the back of his head sheepishly as he blushed. "No, I mean a movie and a dinner, that way we have a way to break the ice." Cumulo replied, causing Gala to giggle.

"I would expect logic to come from Twilight's kid, are you sure you're not her son?" Gala asked jokingly as she arrived at the next tree.

Cumulo stood there stammering, unsure of what to say as Gala smiled.

"I'm just kidding, I know you're the son of Rainbow Dash." She said, playfully nudging him.

"Why's that? Because I joined a sports team?" Cumulo asked, trying to kid but failing as he held in laughter.

Laughing at his attempt, Gala looked at him. "No silly, because you have her eyes." She said as she gave him a peck on the cheek.

Blushing bright red, Cumulo helped Gala with the rest of her chores. After a long day, both were sweating like hogs and sat underneath the shade of one of the trees. Watching the sun begin to set. Cumulo's heart raced in his chest as his hand rested on the ground, soon he felt Gala's fingers intertwine between his.

"So, you wanna go on one of those date tonight?" She asks, causing Cumulo to smile.

"Yes, but we should freshen up first." Cumulo said as he blushed.

"That would be a good idea." Gala replied as she got up along with Cumulo.

Brushing the grass off his pants, Cumulo looked at Gala. "I'll pick you up around six-thirty." He said as he took off for home, Gala nodded and did the same thing.