• Published 18th Jul 2022
  • 504 Views, 29 Comments

Sweet Revenge - StormLuna



Thirty years have passed since she graduated from high school and much has changed. Sweetie Belle is far removed from her once girly nature. She is the police chief of the Canterlot PD and has an ax to grind with a former classmate.

  • ...
14
 29
 504

The Penalty for Assault

Five minutes after leaving the DA's office the three head downstairs to the jail. When Silver Spoon saw who was with Twilight and Silver Shield, she got a sick feeling in her stomach. She knew that a pony dressed in a suit was likely the district attorney and that like it was when she assaulted Sweetie Belle, that she would be going to court immediately. The jailer went to open the cell door and ordered, "Hands behind your back, now."

Silver Spoon had already got herself in enough trouble in refusing to comply with that order so this time she did it without questioning. Once they got her cuffed Legal Eagle said, "Alright, let's get her up to the courtroom. I'm sure Swift Justice wants to get this done as quickly as we do."

There was silence as they headed towards the courtroom. Silver Spoon knew that anything she was to say could be taken the wrong way and be used against her in court. She was unsure as to whether the judge that would be overseeing the case was the one who sentenced her to a year in jail or not. She did know though that if it was the same judge, that he would likely remember her and give her a longer sentence over shoving Silver Shield because of her prior shoving of a police officer.

Once the four got to the courtroom, the bailiff was there but the judge had yet to arrive. Legal Eagle decided to address Silver Spoon, "Silver Spoon, I do not know what your response is going to be when asked about this but my advice is to simply admit to this since it is on video and perhaps the judge won't give you such a long sentence."

Silver Spoon remembered when she was in court for shoving Sweetie and how she had claimed it was an accident but got called out on it. She decided this time that she would simply admit to it but state that it was done out of impulse and that she had no ill intentions or desire to harm either Silver Shield or Twilight.

Right as the clock hit four the bailiff announced, "All rise, court is now in session. Presiding is the Honorable Swift Justice."

Swift Justice entered the courtroom and Silver Spoon was relieved somewhat because this was not the same judge who sentenced her in the past. He appeared to be a younger judge so she hoped that maybe he wouldn't have an old-school, harsh sentencing mindset.

Once Swift Justice sat down he said, "You may be seated."

All sat down as the judge began to look through the papers on his desk. He then turned to Silver Spoon and began, "Ms. Spoon, I have seen the surveillance videos from the Ponyville police station and you lunged across the chief's desk and shoved him. May I ask why you did that?"

Silver Spoon stood and replied, "Your Honor, I was simply angry that Silver Shield would try to get me to slip into incriminating myself like that."

Swift Justice commented, "Ms. Spoon, you could have simply voiced your displeasure rather than lunging across the desk to try and attack him."

Silver Spoon knew she needed to remain calm, "I know but they were acting like they think I killed my dad and his security guards when I was sleeping that night. They asked me if I ever woke my wife up thinking that I could have got out of bed, went and killed my dad and his guards and got back in bed without waking her up!"

Swift Justice continued, "Ms. Spoon, that is standard protocol in questionings like that. They do not think you killed your dad and his guards."

Given Silver Spoon's thoughts, this hit her wrong, "How do you know, are you a mind reader or something?" She raised her voice, "And I know that they're on Sweetie Belle's side, they're probably going to......"

Swift Justice pounded his gavel on his desk, "Order in the court. Ms. Spoon, such behavior is not allowed in my courtroom. One more outburst like that and I will hold you in contempt of court, understood?"

Silver quietly replied, "Yes your honor."

Swift Justice continued, "And your shoving of Princess Twilight Sparkle. Why in Equestria would you shove royalty like that?"

Silver Spoon tried to remain calm, "Because she ordered me to put my hands behind my back when that isn't part of what she should do." She began to get more agitated, "Isn't it against the law for a princess to do this? Doesn't a cop have to order that?"

Swift Justice flashed his horn three times and responded, "That is your last warning. Please remain calm Ms. Spoon." She nodded and he continued, "Regarding everything Twilight did, a princess can aid in gathering evidence, interrogating suspects and everything else she did if she was involved in the situation. Even Princess Celestia and Princess Luna could do so if they aided in the investigation.

Silver Spoon held her head low and sighed, "I'm sorry Silver Shield, I'm sorry Princess Twilight. I'm sorry for pushing you."

Swift Justice asked, "Ms. Spoon, so are you going to go claiming these were accidents or are you going to take responsibility for your actions?"

Silver Spoon replied, "Your Honor, I know what I did was wrong and I take full responsibility for it."

Swift Justice flared up his horn, grabbed the gavel in his aura and stated, "Ms. Spoon, for your assault on Officer Silver Shield, you shall receive a sentence of two years since you have assaulted law enforcement officers in the past. Any assault on royalty requires a three year minimum sentence and I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and give you minimum." He paused before continuing, "Also, normally ponies with your kind of sentence would be sent to the minimum security facility in Ponyville but because you assaulted multiple ponies, your sentence will be served at the Canterlot medium security prison." He then pounded the gavel and said, "Court is adjourned." before powering down his horn.

Silver Spoon broke down crying in agony, "No, please no! Please don't lock me up, please don't take me away from my family, please no!"

Swift Justice had yet to leave the courtroom and said, "I am sorry Ms. Spoon. I gave you the bare minimum on both instances and unless Princess Twilight chooses to pardon you, you will be serving five years."

The judge and Silver Spoon both turned to Twilight awaiting whether she would give her a pardon or not. Twilight had never liked Silver Spoon from the very moment she first pulled a nasty prank on Fluttershy with Diamond Tiara and she also knew that if she pardoned her, it would set a very bad precedent. She knew that she would then have ponies begging her for pardons and if she didn't grant them, they would think she was giving Silver Spoon preferential treatment because she lives in Ponyville.

Twilight lit up her horn and replied, "After doing some thinking, I am choosing against granting a pardon because it will set a bad precedent. I do not want anypony thinking I'm showing her favoritism because of where she lives."

Swift Justice finished, "Very well. Bailiff will you escort her to the jail where she will have her one phone call before taking her to the prison facility."

The bailiff replied, "Yes sir."

As the judge left the courtroom and Silver Spoon was taken away, Twilight, Legal Eagle and Silver Shield began to talk amongst themselves. Twilight was the first to speak, "I'll admit, I was hoping for more than five but that will give us all more than enough time to determine whether she can be indicted for the murder charges or not."

Silver Shield agreed, "I do agree but we'll just have to wait for the DNA results to come back. If they come back negative, we'll either have to try and find the killer or simply let this become a cold case and move on."

Legal Eagle commented, "If the DNA evidence comes back negative, this will likely become a cold case because I have no clue on who else would have committed this murder or why they did it. Now let's get going, I'm sure we all want to get home at a decent time."

The two agreed, left the courtroom and departed for home. While they were leaving, Silver Shield was kind of hoping that the DNA evidence would clear Silver Spoon despite it seeming a whole lot like she did it. Legal Eagle had no vested interest either way so he would take a wait and see approach.

Princess Twilight however, she was hoping that the DNA evidence would provide proof that Silver Spoon was responsible for the crime so that Ponyville could finally be rid of what she deemed a bratty child who caused so many problems for so many years. She then thought to herself, "Oh I bet Sweetie Belle will be stoked when this news breaks!"