• Published 18th Jul 2022
  • 504 Views, 29 Comments

Sweet Revenge - StormLuna



Thirty years have passed since she graduated from high school and much has changed. Sweetie Belle is far removed from her once girly nature. She is the police chief of the Canterlot PD and has an ax to grind with a former classmate.

  • ...
14
 29
 504

Visiting Ponyville

Author's Note:

Twilight's dialogue

Sweetie Belle's dialogue

Celestia's dialogue

An hour after departing Canterlot, Sweetie Belle was pulling into Ponyville. Once she got slowed down enough, she rolled down her windows and cranked her music up, something that the locals in Canterlot have frowned upon for decades. She first headed towards The Carousel Boutique but noticed that Rarity's car was not there. She then figured that she may be at Sugarcube Corner so she headed there and sure enough, her car was there as was Applejack's pickup and Shadow Blast's car.

Once she headed in she received several strange looks. She headed to Rarity and said, "Hi sis, how is everything going?"

Given that Sweetie's voice was deeper than it used to be, she was unsure as to who she was. She asked, "Who are you and why are you calling me sis?" It then hit her, Sweetie Belle's voice was not squeaky and high pitched like it was when she was younger. She asked, "Sweetie Belle?"

Sweetie replied, "Yes, it's me." She then asked, "So how has life been going for you?"

Rarity was unsure as to whether her sister had been paying attention to things or not but decided to say it in a way where she thought she didn't, "Well things have been going terrible. Three ponies were murdered here, Silver Spoon got accused of it and then she shoved Twilight and the local cop."

Shadow then cut in and began to cry, "An-and, she is in jail up in Canterlot."

Applejack added, "Ah tried t' get Twilight t' pardon her but she wouldn't. Ah honestly think she wants Silver Spoon locked up. She thinks Silver wants us out of Ponyville, she even said it the day she opened her shop."

Sweetie knew about the situation involving them not getting along all that well but decided to ask all of them herself, "So I take you aren't exactly getting along with Twilight all that well?"

Rarity was the first to comment, "No darling, we are not. She is responsible for tearing a loving mother away from her wife and kids."

Rainbow added, "Yeah and she seems to be happy she got her locked up if you ask me! She seems to be happy she isn't here in Ponyville now."

Fluttershy continued, "She did seem happy when Silver Spoon got arrested."

Pinkie added, "She is being a meany-mean hooves if you ask me. The rest of us forgave Silver Spoon but she didn't and always refused to."

Applejack finished, "Ah have asked her multiple times t' pardon her but she always says no and she seems t' be gettin' more irritated every time Ah do."

Sweetie sighed, "Well I'd get irked if somepony kept asking me over something like that all the time too so I can see where she's coming from."

Shadow raised her voice, "Well of course you would. You have a bad history with my wife and you're probably thrilled she's locked up. Silver thinks you may have killed her dad and framed her for it and I can't help but wonder if she isn't right."

This was something that Sweetie was expecting and didn't let it get to her. She calmly stated, "Well I was out in Omareha at the time the murders happened." She paused before adding, "To be honest, I didn't even know any of this happened until they cut into the buckball game."

Pinkie gave her a very suspicious look, "Do you Pinkie Promise that you were in Omareha when the murders took place?"

Despite having been gone for decades she still remembered it. "Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye that I was in Omareha when the murders took place." This eased Pinkie's suspicions as Sweetie asked, "So where is Apple Bloom, I'd like to catch up with her."

Applejack replied, "Well Ah don't know if she wants t' see ya. Ya know how close her and Silver Spoon are and she thinks ya had something t' do with her windin' up in prison."

Sweetie grunted, "Oh yes, the hell with her long time friends but some brat who treated us all like shit is a pure angel." She threw her arms up in the air and added, "Whatever, I'll go visit Twilight since her loyalties don't lie with a little bitch who did nothing but bully us." She raised her voice and finished, "Hell I wouldn't be one bit surprised if she hasn't forgiven Diamond Bitch too."

Sweetie left the sweet's shop and was less than thrilled with them. She was fully expecting Shadow Blast to be unhappy but she didn't expect the others to be radiating the negative energy they were. Despite Applejack saying that Apple Bloom likely would not want to see her, Sweetie headed towards Sweet Apple Acres to see if her old friend might want to talk, well that and get a good feel of exactly where Apple Bloom stood on things.


Over at Sweet Apple Acres Apple Bloom was out checking on the machines involved in harvesting the apples when she heard loud music blaring and the roar of an engine. She saw a black pickup pulling up and she sighed, "Ah hope that ain't who Ah think it is." She then looked at the license plate and when she saw it read "4-SB187" she knew who it was. She signed in frustration knowing it was somepony she really didn't want to talk to.

When Sweetie got out she shouted, "Hi Apple Bloom, long time no see."

Apple Bloom headed towards her and replied, "Yeah, it's been a while." She paused before deciding to see if she knew anything about what happened with Silver Spoon, "So Sweetie Belle, how has life been treatin' ya?"

Sweetie exclaimed, "Life has been going great! I just got promoted from being the chief of the Canterlot PD to being the chief of the national police and my pay has tripled." She paused before adding, "Now I'm the most powerful police chief in the country and I work right under Princess Celestia."

Apple Bloom's jaw dropped open upon hearing this, "Really, ya are the head of the national police now?"

Sweetie asked, "I am. So how has life been treating you?"

"Not so well. Silver Spoon got arrested for allegedly murderin' her dad and for shoving the local cop and Princess Twilight. Ah honestly think this was all a set up although Ah'm sure ya knew about Silver Spoon's arrest and the charges against her."

Sweetie replied, "Well I was out in Omareha at the time when the news broke of the arrests for her shoving Twilight and Silver Shield." She then sighed, "I would think she would know not to shove law enforcement officers and even more so when it comes to shoving a princess." She then began to laugh, "And the murder charges being a set up? Yeah, uh-huh. I heard about Silver's mane being found at the crime scene and the brass knuckles. Sounds like she's guilty to me!"

Apple Bloom yelled, "Well of course ya would think that. Ya are probably hopin' that she gets locked up for life or that she gets put t' death."

Sweetie became more serious and stared her down, "For starters, there is no death penalty in Equestria but I'd love to know why you care so much about her? Don't you remember how she treated us growing up, don't you remember how she was pretty much Diamond Bitch's little side kick in constantly bullying us? Don't you remember her making fun of Scootaloo because of her wings never fully developing? Don't you remember what that bitch did to me, to a pony who was your friend?" She paused for a minute before adding, "Let me guess, you bought into that bullshit article that only appeared in the Ponyville Express about Diamond Tiara claiming she was a bad friend and threatened to sue her?"

Apple Bloom knew that Sweetie was bringing up everything she did to try and turn her against Silver Spoon. She replied, "Look, when she got out of prison, Silver Spoon had nopony who cared about her and prison changed her. She became a pony who cared about other ponies and was remorseful over everything she did t' harm so many others."

Sweetie laughed, "Uh-huh. Never once did I believe that you would be so easily deceived by somepony who treated us all like shit for so...."

Apple Bloom yelled, "Ya know what Sweetie Belle, ya loved her for a long time and ya caved in t' her on just about everything so ya have no room t' talk."

"Point taken but you feel so sorry for her over some bullshit article when you know who the real Silver Spoon is. She proved she hadn't changed when she betrayed me." Sweetie paused before adding, "Oh well, that was the best thing that ever happened to me now that I think about it. I have become the most powerful police officer in the country, I won millions of bits in that divorce from Dark Song so I suppose I shouldn't be upset over you supporting her so much." She paused again before finishing, "Hell, I'd say my life is perfect now. I'm plenty wealthy and I'm the most powerful police officer in Equestria."

Apple Bloom replied, "Ya know what, Ah can't handle talkin' with ya anymore." She pointed towards her pickup and yelled, "Just go, Ah want nothin' t' do with ya ever again."

Sweetie grunted, "Whatever."

Sweetie Belle then left Sweet Apple Acres and then decided to go and visit the one pony in Ponyville that wouldn't suspect her of anything or treat her like dirt. She decided that she would go visit Princess Twilight.


After leaving Sweet Apple Acres, she then headed towards Twilight's Palace to hopefully visit with her. She pulled up to the castle, got out and pounded on the massive doors. It would not be long until Twilight would answer.

Twilight did not recognize the mare standing before her, "Who are you and to what do I owe this visit?"

Sweetie flashed her badge and said, "You don't remember me? You should, I"m Sweetie Belle!"

Twilight remembered about how Rarity brought up how her younger sister had done things to make herself look more masculine, to make herself look tough. She commented, "Wow, Rarity wasn't joking when she said you had the build of a stallion." She paused before asking, "So how has your life been going?"

Sweetie replied, "It has been going very well. I've had a pretty busy past couple of days. I got a big promotion and I had a discussion with Celestia involving a plea bargain involving Silver Spoon but she rejected it"

Twilight laughed, "Let me guess, she is claiming she didn't commit the murders?"

Sweetie laughed in return, "Yep. Despite every single bit of evidence pointing towards her, she still claims she didn't commit the murders." She paused and became more serious, "Right now she is claiming either you did something to frame her or she thinks that I did something to make it look like she did it despite me being out of town."

Twilight sighed, "Figures, she never took responsibility for anything in her life so why would she this?"

Sweetie nodded and replied, "I do have a question, how are things going with your friends?"

Twilight held her head low and sighed, "More like former friends at this point. They all think I'm so horrible for never forgiving Silver Spoon, they're mad at me for not pardoning her of the assaults and they've only gotten worse since the indictments." She began to sob softly, "And Spike has moved over to Sweet Apple Acres over this. I just feel like I have nopony here for me."

Sweetie replied, "Well since I work directly under Princess Celestia now, she pretty much sets my schedule. She told me to come on down here and visit everypony I wanted to share the news with." She paused before adding, "I might see if she would let me spend a few days down here with you because I can tell you could use the company."

Twilight gave her a smile, "That would be wonderful. Anymore I feel like everypony here either hates me or barely tolerates me."

Sweetie shook her head, "Ungrateful jerks. If it weren't for you Equestria would have either been shrouded in eternal night, we'd be living in eternal chaos or Tirek would have enslaved us all. They should be thanking you instead of shunning you because of their love for a bitch who has done nothing but lie and cheat her whole life."

Twilight agreed, "My thoughts exactly. I don't know if you know about this or not but in the local paper there was some sob story involving Diamond Tiara telling everypony how Silver Spoon was a horrible friend, or something along those lines and almost everypony believed it, key word though, almost."

Sweetie replied, "I do know about it but it must have been a local thing. The paper up in Canterlot never published anything about it and I don't think any other paper did either." She then began to laugh, "It must have been a horribly slow news day for them to print something that insignificant, not to mention it being a crock of shit."

Twilight laughed, "I never even thought about that but chances are you're right." She paused for a moment before adding, "Hey what would you think about me fixing us a snack? I'm guessing you're pretty hungry."

Sweetie licked her chops, "That sounds great princess. A snack sounds so good."

While Twilight was fixing their snack, Sweetie received a phone call. When she saw that it was from Princess Celestia, she immediately picked it up,

"Princess Celestia, is everything ok?"

"It is but I do have some news that will affect you directly, news that you may not like."

"Oh, and what is this?"

"Well Gold Shield, the current head of the national police has decided to not retire after all so he will be remaining as the chief of the national police....well more like he will be co-chief of the national police."

"Co-chief? Does that mean that him and I both will be doing the job?"

"Yes but I am thinking that it might be best if your office is in a different city. That way you two can oversee separate parts of the country."

*sighs* "So where are you going to want me to move to?"

"Could I talk to Twilight? I have an idea but it will require her approval."

"Alright, she is in the kitchen. Let me go and get her."

Sweetie headed into the kitchen and yelled, "Twilight, Princess Celestia wants to speak with you."

Twilight stopped fixing their snack, took the phone and answered,

"Yes Princess Celestia?"

"Twilight, I don't know if you heard me or not but Gold Shield has decided to not retire from being the chief of national police after all."

"So does this mean Sweetie Belle won't be getting that promotion?"

"Actually she still will be but I will want her working in a different city. Given how things are going for you, I was thinking about seeing if she could live in your castle with you and have her work in Ponyville."

*becomes happy* "Of course she can live in my castle and work from here! It will be nice to have somepony who isn't mad at me around here."

"Could you put me on speakerphone so I can talk to all three of you?"

"Certainly."

*PUTS CELESTIA ON SPEAKERPHONE*

"Hi, Sweetie Belle?"

"Yes Princess Celestia."

"You know how I was thinking you could live and work in another city since Gold Shield decided to not retire?"

"Yes, I do."

"Well I was thinking you could live in Ponyville with Twilight and your office would be in her castle."

"Really? I'd get to live down here with Twilight?"

"Yes. I think that would be a great place for you and Twilight could really use somepony around her that doesn't hate her or isn't mad at her."

"I'm all for it. I'll just have to go up to Canterlot, pack up my essentials, sell the rest and then turn my house up there into a rental."

*snickers* "Always thinking ahead I see! Anyway, I think this would be the best."

"Thank you Princess Celestia! So will Sweetie still be working directly under you or what?"

"No Twilight, he will be working directly under you but she will need to come up here for a couple of weeks for training under Gold Shield. Oh and Sweetie Belle, I do want you to come back to work this upcoming Monday so that you can get your training done."

"Alright Princess Celestia, that I can do."

"And then you can have an extra week of vacation so you can get relocated, alright?"

"Alright, sounds good."

"Well Twilight, well Sweetie, I have a cake being brought into the throne room so I'll talk to you later."

"Alright, talk to you later."

*END OF CALL*

After the call ended Twilight gave Sweetie a smile, "Well it looks like I'll have somepony around here that isn't mad at me after all."

Sweetie replied, "To be honest, I'm kind of glad that I will get to come back down here. I do kind of miss Ponyville. Yeah I'm probably not much more popular than you are right now but hey, at least we'll have the company of one another."

Twilight said, "That is true." She paused before suggesting, "How about we have that snack I offered you and then you get back up to Canterlot. Yeah you still have a couple days before you start training but I figure this way you can start preparing for your move."

Sweetie replied, "That sounds good. If I have everything boxed up once I complete my training, I can just move down here and hopefully not have to make more than a couple trips back and forth at the most."

"Well anyway, it will be nice to have somepony around since Spike moved over to Sweet Apple Acres over my not pardoning Silver Spoon."

Sweetie sighed, "That is sad. I never thought he would just run off like that. I thought he'd be by your side for his whole life."

Twilight replied, "Well I suppose things like this will wind up showing you where certain creatures' loyalties lie and with Spike, it certainly wasn't with me."

Sweetie added, "Same goes with Apple Bloom, in the end she proved to be nothing more than a backstabbing tyrant."

After they had their snack, Sweetie headed back up to Canterlot. She was happy that she would be able to return to Ponyville and work directly under Twilight but she did have his concerns on how those that both of them used to be close to would react to this. She began to wonder if they might think that they were working together to sink Silver Spoon and anypony else that they might decide to target. She did know one thing, she knew that Twilight would probably fully approve of her next target, Diamond Tiara.