• Published 18th Jul 2022
  • 504 Views, 29 Comments

Sweet Revenge - StormLuna



Thirty years have passed since she graduated from high school and much has changed. Sweetie Belle is far removed from her once girly nature. She is the police chief of the Canterlot PD and has an ax to grind with a former classmate.

  • ...
14
 29
 504

Sweetie's Promotion

Three weeks had passed since departing for her vacation and Sweetie Belle was returning to Canterlot, ready to get back to work on the upcoming Monday. She knew that things were going to be tough, she knew that keeping a neutral facial expression would be next to impossible given how elated she was that not only was Silver Spoon in jail but that there was a chance she could be locked away for good.

It was not long after arriving in Canterlot that she received a phone call from a number that she did not recognize. While she normally did not like answering calls like that something was telling her to answer it. When she answered it she would be shocked by who it was,

"Hello, is this Sweetie Belle?"

"Yes, this is she."

"Alright I know I am likely the last pony you would expect to hear from but this is Princess Celestia and I need you to come to the palace immediately. This involves your job."

*nervously replied* "What's going on? I'm not in trouble am I?"

*giggles* "Goodness no but I do need to speak to you over something very important. All I am going to say is you will like what I have to tell you."

"Ok, I'll get there as soon as I can! See you soon your Majesty!"

"See you soon Sweetie Belle."

*END OF CALL*

After hanging up, Sweetie Belle couldn't help but wonder what it was that Princess Celestia wanted to discuss with her regarding her job. She remembered how in the past that the police chief had to go before Celestia and got fired but with the princess saying she'd like the discussion, she knew that nothing bad was awaiting her.

She thought to herself, "What if she is going to give me a pay raise or put me in charge of more than just Canterlot?"

She then did her best to clear her mind and focus on what was most important, getting to her destination without getting in an accident. Once she arrived at the palace she was greeted by two guards. One asked, "Who are you?"

The other added, "State your business."

Sweetie replied, "I am Sweetie Belle, the chief of the Canterlot PD and it wasn't that long ago that Princess Celestia contacted me and said that she wished to speak to me."

The guards were informed of this so one said, "We have been informed of this so follow me to the throne room so she may speak with you."

Sweetie Belle followed the guard full of wonder and was a tiny bit excited. She still couldn't wonder what it was that Celestia wanted to talk about. Once they arrived at the throne room the guard said, "Princess Celestia, she is here."

Sweetie headed in, bowed and asked, "Your Majesty, you wished to speak to me?"

Celestia replied, "I did but there is no need to be so formal, just Celestia please."

Sweetie gave her a smile and asked, "Celestia, what is it you wished to discuss with me?"

Celestia got up and replied, "Follow me. I need you to come to my private office where I handle affairs involving government employees."

Sweetie followed her and her curiosity and excitement were growing. She now knew that it did involve her job and perhaps some form of advancement. Containing her excitement was getting harder and harder the longer she followed the princess. At the end of a long haul was the entrance to an office with a rather large door. Celestia opened it and ordered, "Follow me so we may talk."

Sweetie entered and saw a huge desk in what was obviously an office built for royalty. She sat down and asked, "Celestia, what is this about?"

Celestia began, "Sweetie Belle, I know you have a degree involving law enforcement from Canterlot University and I know you have been involved in law enforcement for over two decades. I also have records that indicate you never missed a day of work and only recently took any vacation time. I also know that during your times of being the police chief in Ponyville and up here in Canterlot you did an excellent job so I have a question for you."

Sweetie asked, "What is it?"

Celestia asked, "What would you think of receiving a huge promotion? What would you think about becoming the chief of the national police?"

Sweetie's jaw dropped open, "Really? You're offering me the position of being the police chief for the national police?"

Celestia replied, "I am. In this job you would be working directly under me. Your primary job would be overseeing other police departments. You would make sure that they are staying within budget, not engaging in any unlawful behavior such as police brutality out in the streets or abusing inmates. You would also make sure that no activities such as sexual harassment or sexual favors for promotions take place."

Sweetie replied, "I'm taking it this will be more of a desk job?"

Celestia replied, "Well somewhat but it will also involve a lot of travel to check on departments every now and then." Celestia paused before adding, "You will also be involved in handling the highest level criminals as well. You will be involved in discussing things such as plea deals I will offer them and transporting the worst of the worst to either maximum security prisons or to super-max facilities." She saw a smile develop on Sweetie's face and finished, "Also, your pay will be triple what it currently is. So what do you say?"

Sweetie replied, "You bet I'm interested! So do I have to apply for it or are you simply giving it to me?"

Celestia said, "I am simply going to give it to you." She grabbed some paperwork and handed them to her before continuing, "Now you do have to fill out an application and the proper tax forms since it is the law but since you want it, it is yours."

Sweetie began to fill out all the paperwork as Celestia used her magic to create a new badge for her new national police chief. As she was filling out the paperwork, she was ecstatic. When she was contacted by Celestia, she had a feeling that something good was going to happen but never did she imagine that she would be in charge of making sure that everything flowed smoothly in the country's police departments. She also began to wonder if this made her the most powerful police chief in the country. She wasn't about to ask about it though as she did not want to risk the job the moment she got it.

After completing the paperwork and giving it to Celestia, Celestia levitated her badge to her and said, "Welcome aboard Chief." She paused before adding, "Also, I want you to know that your office will be here in the palace, just to the right of mine." She got a smile on her face and finished, "As of right now, you are the most powerful police chief in the whole country."

Sweetie exclaimed, "That is sweet, beyond sweet!"

Celestia giggled, "I figured that is what you would say but now I need you to do something very important." She paused before continuing, "I need you to head to the medium security prison and offer a prisoner being held there a plea deal."

Sweetie Belle had a very strong feeling as to who it was. She did not like the idea of Silver Spoon being offered a chance to get out of being locked up for life but with the job she had now, she knew that she had to behave in a much more professional manner and not allow personal grudges to interfere with her job.

She replied, "Alright. Who is it that you want me to go and talk to about this?"

Celestia replied, "The inmate's name is Silver Spoon. She is already serving five years for assaulting a police officer and assaulting Princess Twilight but recently she has been indicted on some very hefty charges. I am hoping that maybe she would be willing to talk and we could lock her up for a decent amount of time all while avoiding the need of a trial."

Sweetie asked, "So do you want me to simply ask her if she would be willing to take a plea or what?"

Celestia replied, "Yes. If she is willing to, call me and put me on speaker phone so the three of us may discuss this. If she does not and wants to take her chances, call me and let me know so I can notify the DA."

Sweetie said, "Alright." She paused before asking, "After dealing with Silver Spoon, I was kind of thinking about traveling down to Ponyville and telling my sister the good news." She paused before adding, "I can tell her and my friends can't I?"

Celestia gave her a smile, "Of course you can! It isn't like I'm making you the head of some sort of secret police!" She paused before adding, "Now go and see if Silver Spoon is up for a plea deal and then you have a safe trip to Ponyville."

Sweetie replied, "Alright Celestia, hopefully we can get her to agree to a plea and put this whole mess behind us."

Celestia agreed, "I certainly hope so."

As Sweetie Belle left Celestia's office, she was a bit conflicted on what she was hoping for. One part of her wanted to see Silver Spoon receive the maximum punishment possible while another part of her was hoping that she would accept a plea deal and all the drama involving Silver Spoon could finally be over and done. All she could do was wait and see what her meeting with Silver would bring.

Author's Note:

Sweetie Belle's Dialogue

Princess Celestia's Dialogue