• Published 17th Jul 2022
  • 2,965 Views, 376 Comments

Equestria Ninja Girls: The Thievius Raccoonus - RainbowRaptorDash1



Sometimes, stealing from criminals, is considered being generous.

  • ...
9
 376
 2,965

A Grave Undertaking

With Sly and the Beauty Trio at the broken gate, they were still recovering from that experience.

"I still can’t believe you survived an encounter with that!" Rarity said in shock.

"Kinda wish we hadn't." Sly responded.

"Why don’t I go with Sly in the next area?" Karai offered.

"Okay, just let me do the leg work." Sly quipped.

"Very funny, Sly." Karai sarcastically said.

"I thought so." Sly responded.

"You know I was being sarcastic." Karai pointed out.

"I do." Sly said with a smile.

"Don't bother, Karai. You'll just end up aggravated like Carmelita." Bentley advised.

"Thanks for the tip." Karai said in gratitude.

"Adagio, Rarity... I've got a job to keep you busy." Bentley informed.

"Okay." Adagio responded.

"What’s the worst that could happen?" Rarity asked.

"Famous last words." Bentley sighed.

"Why do I have a bad feeling about this?" Adagio dreaded.

"Uh, we're dealing with a Voodoo Priestess. I don't think we can have a good feeling here." Sly pointed out.

"I know, but about what Rarity said." Adagio corrected.

"Come on, Chili Lover." Rarity teased.

"Don’t push me, Rarity. I’m coming." Adagio growled as she and Rarity went off.

"How are you three friends?" Sly asked as he was walking with Karai.

"It’s complicated, but we get along well." Karai answered before she and Sly entered a trap filled area. "What is this? A obstacle course?"

"Guys, you both had better be on your guard here. My paranormal scanners show this place is really haunted!" Bentley warned.

"Bentley, calm down." Sly advised before he whispered to him. "Have you found out if Mz. Ruby has the you know what?"

"Sorry, Sly. I haven't had any luck. You sure that scroll wasn't destroyed?" Bentley whispered back.

"I know that it isn’t gone, and we can’t let it stay intact!" Sly declared in whispers.

"But why did your family have the..." Bentley started to ask.

"Shh! Quiet!" Sly shushed.

"What are you hiding?" Karai asked.

"Whaddya mean? Hiding?" Sly tried to deny it.

"Sly, I'm not going to pressure you to tell me. But promise me that you'll tell us whatever your secret is when you're ready." Karai said.

"Karai’s right, Sly. You’ll have to tell the girls soon." Bentley agreed.

"Alright, but I don't want you three to get the wrong idea. All I'll say is the Hamato Clan here were entrusted to guard something dangerous. When the Fiendish Five took the Thievius Raccoonus pages, they took the object, too." Sly explained.

"And I have a feeling that it’s really bad." Karai responded.

"Luckily, I know they never used it. Otherwise, we'd be in a world of pain. Raleigh and Muggshot didn't have it, that just leaves the last three." Sly added while neither he nor Karai noticed something coming towards them underground.

"No one in your family tried to destroy it?" Karai asked.

"We tried hundreds of times for generations. None of us made so much as a scratch." Sly answered.

"Why does that sound so familiar?" Karai noticed.

"All I'll say right now is if we're lucky, they just just sold it to a collector and it's collecting..." Sly started to say before a skeletal hand grabbed his leg. "What the?!" Sly gasped as he sliced it off before a reanimated skeleton climbed out.

"I warned you!" Bentley said as Sly swung his cane and destroyed the skeleton.

"Sly, it has friends!" Karai informed.

"Oh boy…" Sly groaned as the duo held them off well until Karai spotted a stone transmitting energy.

"Sly!" Karai shouted.

"I see it! Smash it, I'll cover you." Sly informed.

"Thanks!" Karai responded in gratitude as Sly switched his cane to spear mode and charged at them while Karai sped and smashed skeletons until she got to the stone. "Go back to the underworld, boneheads!" Karai quipped as she smashed the stone and got the code from it, with the skeletons found themselves being pulled back into the earth.

"I thought you said one-liners were your brothers' thing." Sly panted.

"I can try to be funny too." Karai pointed out before ghosts and tree creatures showed up.

"Okay, now we run." Sly said as he and Karai ran off and found the Treasure Key and vault. "Did you get the code?"

"Right here. Hurry!" Karai urged as she gave Sly the code.

"Okay, okay, this is kind of a guess try 1-2-8." Bentley informed as Sly typed it in quickly before opening the vault and grabbing the page while Karai grabbed the key. "These are the blueprints to Mz. Ruby’s production facility! I’ll pipe this information into your Binoc-u-coms."

"Whatever!" Karai said.

"There’s gotta be other tombstones!" Bentley notified.

"Over there!" Sly shouted as he and Karai rushed and broke another tombstone, with the Ghosts disappearing, but the tree creatures were still here. "Karai, look for the Tombstone. I have an idea." Sly said as he started to try and start a fire, before swinging his torch. "BACK! BACK, I SAY!"

"A little cliche, don't you think?!" Karai asked.

"Just find the stone!" Sly responded.

"Okay!" Karai said as she spotted the final stone below them. "Sly, last one is below us!"

"Really?" Sly asked.

"You smash it, I got the torch." Karai answered.

"Okay." Sly responded as Karai grabbed the torch and kept the tree monsters at bay. "Go back to where you belong!" Sly shouted as he smashed the tombstone, making the tree creatures start to stiffen before they stopped completely. "*Shaken* Let's get back to the others."

"Okay." Karai shakily agreed as she and Sly tried to walk, but the experience left them a bit rattled.

"Press your weight against mine. Shoulder to shoulder." Sly advised.

"Gonna be hard without me having legs. And why do I suddenly feel like a llama?" Karai noticed as she and Sly leaned on each other for support as the duo made their way back with the key, then they collapsed.

"I don't care if more monsters come, I just want to lay here for a bit." Sly said.

"Normally I’d disagree, but I’m tired too." Karai agreed as the both of them laid on the ground until Adagio and Rarity came back, covered in soot.

"Oh dear! What happened to you two?!" Rarity asked.

"Look in a mirror lately?" Sly quipped

"Not funny, Sly." Rarity hissed as Adagio helped the duo get up and gave them water to drink.

"Phew! Thanks! We were totally exhausted from that haunting experience!" Karai said.

"Anyone else noticing these ghouls seem to be ignoring us right now?" Adagio noticed.

"Don’t! Just don’t." Karai responded.

"We'll rest here, find the last two keys, then take down Mz. Ruby." Sly said.

"Sly, what is it that your family has been guarding?" Adagio asked as Karai told her and Rarity about it.

"Girls... A scroll." Sly answered.

"That's it? A scroll?" Adagio noted in confusion.

"That's all I can say." Sly confirmed.

"Well, you can tell us the whole story when you're ready." Rarity said.

"Thanks." Sly responded in gratitude before mentally thinking, "I really hope the scroll is here."

Author's Note:

Next time on Equestria Ninja Girls...

Descent Into Danger