• Published 10th Jul 2022
  • 3,061 Views, 440 Comments

Equestrian Celestial Forge - TheDriderPony



Have you ever wondered what might happen if Pinkie did alchemy? Suppose Twilight was Zeus' daughter? What about if Dash was a cyborg with dragonborn heritage and an Omnitrix? How might they change the world gaining new powers every few days?

  • ...
5
 440
 3,061

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 4 - MMA in the SCC

Applejack had been presented with a slice of cake, but it remained untouched aside from a single courtesy bite. As much as she appreciated Pinkie's talent and sentiment, she disagreed with the party mare that this was worthy of celebration. Heck, she hadn't even done anything.

But Pinkie was persistent, so a slice she had. The rest of it had been wolfed down by Rainbow Dash and Pinkie herself, which at least meant there'd be no leftovers to take home that would tempt her siblings into snacking before dinner and ruining their appetites.

She'd rather have been home in general, cleaning up the mess Pinkie Pie had made of her farm when their Cutie Marks were swapped, then spending the afternoon reassuring her family that everything was alright after the fright of her disappearing for the better part of a day. But she also wanted to be a good friend, which was why she was at Sugar Cube Corner instead, explaining to Twilight for the third time something that really didn't seem all that complicated.

The unicorn in question sighed and massaged her temples, not that it seemed to do her much good. "Let's start over. Tell me what happened from the top."

Applejack shrugged and resigned herself to another recitation. "Ain't much to tell, but alright." She pushed her plate towards Dash, who took the hint and happily added it to her own. How that mare stayed so skinny was a mystery.

"Ah was mindin' my own business, whippin' up a quick lunch for the family when all of a sudden outta nowhere Ah get this tinglin' feelin' all up and down mah legs like Ah just bucked the clocktower bell."

Twilight nodded in understanding and scribbled a quick note on her page of mostly scratched out notes. She'd felt it too, as had their other friends, though she'd described the feeling like someone had strung a piano wire to her horn then plucked it. But that was it for them. All they'd received was a surprise and a spot of dizziness. Applejack, on the other hoof...

"It felt like mah head was clearing up after a cold," she continued. "Like Ah'd been walkin' around half-asleep and somepony dumped a rain cloud on me. That's when Ah started rememberin' things. Stuff Ah know Ah never learned but... now Ah did? Gives me a headache trying to figure it out."

"You felt a surge of unfamiliar magic," Twilight summarized, "awoke memories that both felt real yet are impossible, and now, apropos of nothing..." There came the bit Twilight couldn't seem to grasp.

Applejack nodded. "Ah know Kung Fu."

Dash snapped to attention. "Show me," she commanded.

The fight was swift and brutal. Rainbow Dash was a karate blackbelt (earned mostly for bragging rights, but her skills were no less real) compounded with years of intense aspiring Wonderbolt training along with practical experience fighting monsters. In speed or technique, she could hold her own against anyone in Ponyville and probably anyone outside the competitive circuit.

And Applejack...

"Okay," Dash wheezed as she pulled herself out of a Dash-shaped dent in the dirt and stumbled back through a pegasus-shaped hole in the wall. "You got some solid moves. For a beginner."

"No fighting in the bakery!" Pinkie called from across the room and behind the counter. "Not without a certified Kung Fu ref and signed safety waivers!"

"It ain't strictly Kung Fu. Actually a combination of several schools of fightin' and unarmed takedown techniques." She offered Dash a hoof and helped heave the punchdrunk pegasus back into her chair. "Yer lucky most of what Ah learned at the Academy was designed for throwing two-legged folk around."

"And now we're back to that." Twilight jabbed her quill into the page so hard the tip snapped off and left an inky smear. "The Academy."

Just so. The Academy. Even for Applejack it was strange to think about. She remembered it fondly, even though she couldn't actually 'remember' it. It wasn't like the memories were faded or foggy; they just weren't there. Like she'd been given a book with pages torn out. She gave Twilight an apologetic look.

"Sorry, but Ah can't tell you what Ah don't know. Ah can name you the seven different standard submission holds, or how to do a combat roll, or do tricks with a bat'leth that'd give mah rope skills a run for their bits, but when it comes to where Ah learned it, who mah classmates were, heck, even the name of the place... Ah got nothing."

"So you've said, but maybe if you really focus—"

"What's a batlength?" Dash interrupted.

"Bat'leth. Kind of a ceremonial blade. Picture an elephant-sized horseshoe stretched out as long as a pony, stick an unstretched one in the middle, then sharpen everything that's not the handle."

Twilight grimaced even as she noted down the description. "It sounds really violent."

"I think you mean awesome! Can you teach me?!"

Applejack thought it over for a moment. "Sure. Ah don't see why not. But we'll need to find somepony who can make us a practice set. Maybe out of wood for safety's sake."

"Oh!" Twilight perked up. "I think I can help you with that if you can give me more specific dimensions."

Before any further plans could be made, Spike entered the café with a scroll clutched tight in his claws. "Message for you from the Princess, Twilight!" he announced. "She says she wants everypony to come to Canterlot and to bring the Elements."

"You think she knows something about what happened to us?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"It's possible. I've been keeping her fully up to date on my discoveries." A curious glimmer entered Twilight's eye as a smile grew on her face. "And I think this is perfect timing for an experiment!"

Author's Note:

Perks gained this chapter:

Skills (Star Trek: TNG) | Combat (100CP)    

    Hand to hand fighting is an ancient and quintessential skill for every soldier no matter what time period

PreviousChapters Next