• Published 10th Jul 2022
  • 3,050 Views, 440 Comments

Equestrian Celestial Forge - TheDriderPony



Have you ever wondered what might happen if Pinkie did alchemy? Suppose Twilight was Zeus' daughter? What about if Dash was a cyborg with dragonborn heritage and an Omnitrix? How might they change the world gaining new powers every few days?

  • ...
5
 440
 3,050

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 25 - Easy Bake Pinkie

"So you're, like, some kind of super genius now?"

"Pretty much!" Pinkie poured the sticky red contents of a test tube into a slowly-filling flask. "Lactic acid, please."

Rainbow Dash had no idea what that was, but she didn't need to. She waved her hoof over the countertops and tables that were heavy with a seemingly endless variety of powders and liquids and focused on an ability she rarely got much use out of, one that Rarity had named [Material Limitations].

It wasn't quite like having a compass in her head, but if she focused her thoughts on a particular material, she got a solid gut feeling of where to find it. A useful ability for a more crafty mare, but it had some limitations that made it nearly useless for everyday life. It couldn't tell her where she lost her preening oil or loose change (it could lead her to gold bits, just not ones that were, strictly speaking, hers) but if a friend needed some uncommon type of crystal or a specific type of wood, she could find it.

Like finding each particular chemical Pinkie wanted from the vast array she'd concocted from the contents of her kitchen, the pharmacy, and the hardware store. Her hoof stopped over a wine glass filled with a murky white liquid. She didn't need to ask and confirm if that was the right one; her power hadn't made a mistake yet.

"Thank you." Pinkie pipetted out a few drops and added them to the mix. "Next, zinc trisodium aspartate."

Dash passed her a saucer of white powder, nearly indistinguishable from the many other plates of white powder. "So if you're a bigger egghead than even Twilight is now—"

"I wouldn't say that. She knows way more about magic than me. I just know science! Sorbitol suspension."

"Whatever. But if you know so much more now, how come you still seem like, well, you."

Pinkie snickered. "Who else am I supposed to be? You can't dilute Pinkie with knowledge. You can only add to me. Monosodium glutamate." Another sprinkle of dust entered the mixture as she stoppered it and started shaking it furiously. "My psychology's a little iffy since is only a social science, but I can't see why there'd be a personality disconnect from an influx of knowledge. My foundational life experiences are the same, I just know a bunch of neat trivia about everything now. For example! Did you know that your stomach acid is strong enough to dissolve razor blades?"

"You told me once your family eats rocks."

"And we do! Nothing beats Mother's homemade rock soup, served ice cold on a hot Summer's day. Glycerin base."

Dash grabbed a foal’s sippy cup brimming with gooey clear sludge. "Fun facts are one thing, but there's a pretty big leap between a bunch of fun facts and whatever all this is. What are you making, anyway?"

"Didn't I say? Last one. Just a hint of chlorified tartrate." She poured out her mysterious mixture into a pan and held the final vial of green liquid over it. "This is just basic chemistry, and when you get right down to it chemistry is just cooking with really really fresh and raw ingredients. So when you know what you're doing it's foal's play to make..." She let a single drop of viridian fluid fall into the pan. At the instant of contact, the whole concoction turned a rich brown and swelled up to fill the pan and release a plume of hot steam.

"...instant oven-free brownies!"

Rainbow Dash's mouth watered as the heavenly smell hit her. "Okay. I take it all back. Science Pinkie is best Pinkie."

"And don't you forget it!"

PreviousChapters Next