• Published 10th Jul 2022
  • 3,097 Views, 440 Comments

Equestrian Celestial Forge - TheDriderPony



Have you ever wondered what might happen if Pinkie did alchemy? Suppose Twilight was Zeus' daughter? What about if Dash was a cyborg with dragonborn heritage and an Omnitrix? How might they change the world gaining new powers every few days?

  • ...
5
 440
 3,097

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 18 - Thank You Notes

Dear Miss Fluttershy,

I wanted to take a moment to express my thanks for those splendid treats you donated to the hospital recently. I had several of your cookies as well as a slice of cake, and I can positively say they were absolutely delightful!

I don’t know what kind of magic you worked into the dough, but I haven’t felt this fit in years, certainly not since before I retired! Not only did it fix up my cold, it even sorted out my bad knee I’ve had ever since I took a bad fall six winters ago. I don’t even need my walker anymore! Thanks to you, I’ll be able to give my grandcolt a few more piggyback rides before he gets too grown up for them. You’re a real miracle worker, child, and I’m sure you’ll be getting a dozen more notes like this one (guessing just on how many ponies I saw getting discharged alongside me that day).

So thank you Miss Fluttershy for your kindness and making me feel twenty years younger (and probably a pound fatter! That chocolate cake is to die for! Better not let Miss Pie find out lest she think you’re out for her job!)

Sincerely,
Pearly Stitch

P.S. I help organize a bingo tournament every Thursday in the amphitheater down at the park. A lot of our regulars are folks of my generation, and while nopony’s really sick or injured, you tend to gather up a lot of little aches and pains that don’t quite go away when you make it to our age. I was wondering if I might impose upon your generosity a little more and ask if you’d be willing to provide some treats for our next meeting? They’d be greatly appreciated and I’m sure we can work out some sort of fair compensation for your time.

P.P.S. Speaking of compensation, you’ll find included with this letter a hoof-knit tea cozy from my collection. Just a small token of my thanks and appreciation.


Ponyville Town Hall

From the Desk of Mayor Marilynn Mare

Dear Twilight Sparkle,

On behalf of my staff, I’d like to thank you for that marvelous new addition you graciously donated to Town Hall. I will admit, I was skeptical to your claims about it increasing magical range and the boost to efficiency that would provide, but it has proven itself to be Harmonysent! No longer can any of my interns claim that they can’t get things done in a timely manner because the files are “out of their magic’s range” and they “can’t find the ladder”. No more can they claim an extra-long lunch with the excuse of traffic, or stampedes, or natural disasters barring their path back to the office now that I’ve ensured that all their unicorn coworkers can use the most basic of teleport spells (which, I’ve been told, was practically a useless spell without your booster). Though admittedly most spells that they use on a day-to-day basis require line-of-sight which your relay does not circumvent (perhaps in a future version? Circle back to me on that when you get a chance).

Aside from thanks, the real reason I am writing to you is that we’ve had inquiries from a number of ponies around town asking if they could have access to the relay. I told them, as you told me, that every user has to be magically keyed in individually and that it’ll only boost their spells’ range to the extent of Town Plaza, but it seems that that is enough of a convenience to garner interest regardless. The current plan in consideration is to offer temporary access for a small fee (for those only interested in the novelty) and longer-term access for a recurring subscription. Before we implemented it, my assistant advised me to check in with you in case there were any magical limitations we should be made aware of (maximum number of users, potential failures from overuse, etcetera.)

Please get back to me as soon as you can, in pony or in writing, as we’d like to roll this out before tourist season starts.

The public’s faithful elected servant,
Mayor Mare.

Author's Note:

Small update: Starting tomorrow chapter releases are going to be a few hours later in the day than they have been due to a change in my schedule.

PreviousChapters Next