• Published 20th Sep 2012
  • 4,920 Views, 134 Comments

Time is of the Matter - munomana



What happens when a guy gets to control time? Trickery.

  • ...
10
 134
 4,920

Ponyville

Time is of the matter

Ponyville


It was... beautiful.

The sun was still vibrantly shining in the sky, but not as magnificent as before. It's heavenly light cloaked the land in a warm blanket of softness. The land was lush with grass as green as vibrant as that of an artist's masterpiece, welcoming all who walked upon it. The fields expanded vastly into areas unknown, filled with culture and wildlife. In the distance stood a giant mountain casting a shadow that covered the plains like an eclipse. The mountain was a picture, perfect brown that held a magnificent castle that watched over the land and all of it's people.

Ahead of me was a path that slalomed down towards a quaint little village full of color that apparently housed the 6 other ponies that accompanied me. The path was a similar dirt path that consisted of small bushels of plant life along the way, occasionally intersecting with rivers where bridges stood over.

*SMACK*

"Ow~," I mumbled, rubbing the small slap mark that adorned my face. I looked up to find Rainbow Dash hovering directly ahead of me.

"Oh, sorry. You kinda stopped... for a few minutes. You were keeping us all behind," Explained Rainbow Dash as she spun around.

"Oh, my bad. I've just never seen somewhere so... colorful."

"Colorful? Equestria is always like this. Is it not as vibrant from this 'USA' you come from? " asked Twilight from behind.

"Not even CLOSE."

With that, Pinkie jumped ahead, obstructing my view of the unbelievable world.

"Is it all black and white where you're from? Like those films that we see sometimes? That's so weird!" Asked Pinkie in her usual high-pitched voice.

"No Pinkie, it's just not so vibrant. This kind of coloring would be found in some sort of coloring book," I explained as I turned to Twilight, "Shouldn't we get going?"

"Yes, I have SO much to ask you!" She yelled, revealing the glimmer of excitement in her eyes.

"Now now Twilight, I have much to ask you as well."

'If this were my mind, wouldn't I already know?'

"Okay, okay eggheads. Let's get going now, I wanna see all of Roberto's 'awesome' tricks," Huffed Rainbow Dash as she began to flap her wings harder and propelled towards the town as the rest of the girls followed suit, signalling that I, too should.


The town actually rather... large close up. As the village inched closer, so did my view of it. The village was bustling with ponies of shapes, sizes, and colors, all trotting towards their destinations throughout what I supposed was a market place from the outskirts of town, out of sight from all ponies.

"Roberto, come out of there. They won't do anything to you!" Yelled Rainbow Dash, urging me to go on.

"You sure? Back where I'm from, They wouldn't take lightly to a talking pony walking around the street," I explained, defending myself with reasons. "I'd also rather keep good here while I try to figure out what is all happening, because I'm not sure if I'm sane."

Twilight then proceeded to face-hoof as she enabled her magic and pulled me out from behind the bush I was crouching behind, "I can ASSURE you that nopony will be anything close to aggressive to you. If anything, they'll be running around in fear screaming 'THE HORROR'." Explained Twilight as she recalled back to the MANY times that Ponyville's residents over-reacted.

"Fine I'll go with you, but only if no'pony' doesn't try to EAT me. I can't allow that to happen," I assured as I was slowly lifted down from the telekinesis and began to walk to walk into the middle of town, following Twilight to her house.

It was hilarious.

The walk through Ponyville was LITERALLY silent. Every single pony followed suit as they stared towards me, wondering what I was and why I was here. I put on my best smug and proceeded to wave as if I was a celebrity walking in their town. It didn't work, but I felt pretty good.

After a few minutes of silenced walking, We arrived at... a tree. Apparently Twilight lived in a tree. She even explained that it was the Ponyville's public Library because trees, books, and thunderstorms fit together SO well!

Everyone stopped in front of the library before Twilight proceeded to open the door to her humble abode.

"I'm back Spike!" yelled Twilight as she hurried us all into the home and planted us in the center of the room.

"Hi Twilight, How's... it... going.... umm, Twilight, WHAT is THAT?" asked Spike in utter confusion as he stood at the foot of the stairs, staring directly at me.

"Hello, Spike," I said as I put on the cheekiest smile as I could muster.

Spike, on the other hand, stood in awe with his jaw as low as it could go. Twilight then stepped in and began to speak

"Spike, meet Roberto. Roberto, meet Spike."

"H-hi Roberto," said Spike with an obviously forced smile, "One question, what-"

Spike was interrupted by Twilight's hoof.

"We're gonna have a Q&A shortly, ask then," explained Twilight in a straight face.

"Wait, wait, wait. Is Spike a freaking Dinosaur?" I asked, a small glimmer of hope in my eyes.

"He's a baby Dragon," Said EVERYONE in the room.

"Oh... I thought they had wings. That's a bummer."

"They do, he's just a baby. I hatched him when he was just in an egg. I had to use my magic to hatch him to pass my entrance exam into the Princess's school of magically gifted, "She said, proud of her accomplishments, "I did so well, I became the Princess's personal protege."

'This is some weird world.'

"Okay everypony, let's get started!"


"Okay everypony, we're each going to take turns asking him questions," explained Twilight as she went over the completely unnecessary rules of the Q&A. 'I'm gonna take a guess and say she has OCD.'

"We'll go in the order of: Twilight, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rarity, then Rainbow Dash, alright?" all of the ponies nodded in agreement except for me who just lay on the couch, embracing for all of the questions I was about to have to answer.

After that being said, Twilight began the whole cycle. "Okay, one question. Is there magic in your world?"

While I was still unsure whether or not this was real, I thought this would surely pass the time.

"Nope, just extreme advances in technology has helped us progress."

It then shifted onto Fluttershy who was still rather shy around me. "Do you take care of animals in your 'USA'?" She asked in her usually quiet tone.

"First off, just call it Earth. Secondly, yes. Most animals live in the wild with no one taking care of them, but themselves, but many people take a liking to certain domesticated animals. I, for one, have 2 cats."

"Oh, that sounds terrible for the ones in the wild," replied the yellow mare.

"Okay, next question," I exclaimed. The attention then shifted towards Pinkie Pie who seemed rather eager to ask her question... a little TOO eager.

"Do you like Parties?" asked Pinkie, as blunt as possible.

"Yes I do," I replied.

Before I could say anything, Pinkie Pie stood up and sprinted out of the building at a speed similar to a jet, leaving behind a trail of confetti. 'I'd be surprised if I wasn't in the land of talking ponies.'

"O-okay... next question I guess,"

Applejack then readied herself as if the next question depended on the fate of the entire world. She hadn't even been able to ask anything since we've met so it must be important.

"Do ya' like apples?" She asked in the most hopeful face.

"They're my favorite fruit!" I exclaimed. I wasn't exactly true though. I always preferred pineapple over all due to the fact that I grew up drinking Pina Colada due to my Puerto Rican heritage. One white lie couldn't hurt though.

"You're lying," She said, as serious as possible.

I was in shock. She saw it as if I had made it as obvious as possible. I even put up my best poker face.

"H-how did you know?" I asked as quizzically as possible.

"Ah'm the Element of Honesty. Ah can see right through yer' lies,"

"Element of Honesty?" I asked, scratching my head in confusion.

"I'll explain later, it's a long story," said Twilight, cutting in.

"Okay... next question!"


The long, and might I add, tedious Q&A halted to an abrupt stop as questions ran dry from each pony as the bid their farewells one by one, leaving the library to carry on the activities they each had today. Twilight and I sat in the middle of the room, still asking questions to each other because Twilight has to know everything.

The Question and Answer consisted of different categories ranging from the weather all the way to history and technology. Fluttershy asked questions mainly about biological subjects, Rarity was on about fashion, Rainbow Dash continued to ask ridiculous questions about "coolness", Applejack asked stereotypical cowboy questions along with food, and TWILIGHT asked EVERYTHING. She questioned every single smidgen of info of technology, history, and whatever she could get her hooves on.

'I'm gonna looooove this place.'

"-and that's how I saved the world from total destruction," Okay, maybe I lied on that last bit, but it's not like she'd care.

"You saved the world?" She asked in a tone of complete disbelief.

"Nope, but it made for a good story." This caused Twilight to face-hoof so hard, I coulda' sworn that I heard a crack.

"Ugh, well that's all I wanted to ask. I learned so much about your world!" Exclaimed Twilight in a cheery tone.

I hadn't told her everything. I'm pretty sure I'd be distrusted beyond belief if I talked about the massive amounts of war in my world. I mean seriously. In the state I was in (not knowing whether or not I was dead) I'd rather not be completely shunned from this place.

"Well... I wonder what to do," I asked myself in a hushed tone.

Before I could think of anything, Twilight jumped in surprise as if a light bulb had turned on over her head... which ironically did.

"I forgot! Pinkie told me to bring you to Sugarcube Corner afterwards!" Exclaimed Twilight as she began to sprint around to get everything in order before setting off.

"Umm... Sugarcube Corner?" I asked in confusion.

'It sounds like they're gonna try to give me DIABETES or something.'

"That's the sweet shop Pinkie works/lives in."

"Do all ponies live in their workplaces?" I asked as I stood up, stretching on my way up to emit a few "cracks".

"Not all ponies do. Some ponies just like the incredible convenience brought along with it," Answered Twilight as she slipped on a bag over her back, "Now let's go, we wouldn't want to keep her waiting!"

Twilight then opened the door and signaled to leave as she held the door open for me. I was rather skeptical to go, but I'm the the kind of guy to be rude, regardless of species.

I walk out as Twilight catches up to me. The only thing I have on my mind is one question.

"Why does she want me to Sugarcube Corner anyway?" I ask Twilight

"You'll see, it's a surprise."


The walk was relatively short compared to the walk to the library, but none the different otherwise. The streets were noticeably scarcer of ponies than last time, although the reactions were completely predictable. The ponies still stood baffled at my existence as if someone just slapped them in public for no reason.

When we reached Sugarcube Corner, I myself, was baffled. The place was just like a giant gingerbread house adorned with candy and other dietary obstructions. The candy corner smelled EXACTLY of sweets from where I was standing. I felt like a little kid in a candy shop... except add more more years and it becomes the same concept.

I quickly look through the pink-tinted windows to expect a pony of the same hue awaiting my arrival. Instead, I was welcomed with darkness. Suddenly, I pieced together the puzzle.

'Scarcity of ponies, Pinkie's abrupt exit, and the visit... Oh God, it's a surprise party... Awesome! I quickly get myself slightly presentable before a funny idea reaches my silly little brain.

'I know JUST what to do for this,,,'

Twilight then nudges me on the shoulder, bringing me back into focus. "I think we should go in now," said Twilight in a blank expression.

"Okay," I say before I ready my mind for my devilish plan

We silently open the door as Twilight nudges my forward, telling me to go first.

Suddenly, the lights flick on as I activate my trap card as I stop the world around me using my premeditated state.

I had been testing my power throughout the day, trying to figure out it's capabilities at the time being. I figured out that a full time stop could last for a full 2 minutes while the faster you make it from that point, added time. For example, half speed would be 4 minutes, quarter speed would be 8 minutes, so on so forth. After the specific time, a headache would grow for each second exceeding the time limit until I stopped.

I look around as I take in all that is around me. Dozens of ponies of many colors were piled into the small building to welcome me to Ponyville, how thoughtful. Pinkie Pie was holding onto a cannon for some reason, but instead of a cannonball, confetti sprinkled the air in front of it. The place was filled with decorations of all sorts with food, party games, and drinks all around.

I thought it was rather cute, but it was now my time to shine! I quickly turned around, trying to find a place to hide for the time being to complete the next step of my plan. I looked for a few seconds before my eyes fell upon a table completely covered with a table cloth that covered the table too much and reached all the way down to the floor.

I walked over to the table before reaching down, pulling the cloth up, and-

"Come back here!" Screamed a high-pitched voice that sounded identical to Pinkie Pie.

In shock, I turned around, searching for the source of the voice. I thought it was Pinkie Pie. My eyes fell upon Pinkie Pie who was exactly in the same position as before, as if that was never her voice although it undoubtedly was.

After a few seconds of searching the room, I shrugged my shoulders and continued back under the table to wait.

I then released my hold of time as everyone in the room let out a collective "huh?".

Even Twilight was baffled. She could have sworn that I had been right there.

"Where did he go?" Asked Twilight, confused like crazy.

"I've been here this whole time," I say as I climb out from under the table, adorning a completely serious face, trying my hardest not to burst out laughing.

Twilight was even more baffled now. She had no idea how that could even be physically possible. 'Oh Celestia no... Not another one.' She thought to herself, letting the idea go for the time being.

Everyone eventually eased up as they pushed aside that thought of extreme confusion. They already had a Pinkie Pie, so it wasn't so weird to them. They were still very confused.

Suddenly, Pinkie Pie jumped up onto a table and grabbed a megaphone out of nowhere.

"Whatever! It's time to PARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!"