• Published 7th Sep 2022
  • 3,575 Views, 185 Comments

A Dragon's Soft Spot - Mister E-Nonymous



The staff and some of the students find out that Smolder has been hiding a human turned dragon in the catacombs underneath the School of Friendship, and they want to know how it happened. And eventually, why she agreed to help him.

  • ...
10
 185
 3,575

Chapter 1: A Human in Dragon's Scales

Chapter 1: A Human in Dragon's Scales


"WHAT?!" Starlight, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie asked in unison.

"This dragon... is actually a human?!" Starlight asked.

"No way!" Rainbow Dash said, dropping Aaron in the process. "That's impossible!"

"Wait, you honestly believe him?" Smolder asked.

"I've been to a human world before, Smolder," Starlight said. "If you have told me about him a lot sooner, I would've helped sooner."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Pinkie Pie said. "By the way, I have a question. How long has he been down here?"

"I found him in the Everfree Forest a month ago," Smolder said. She then looked over at Aaron. "You wanna start off on how you got here?"

"Sure," Aaron said. "I might as well." He then sighed. "As you have been told, I'm a human from another dimension. But not the same dimension on the other side of that mirror."

"There are other human dimensions out there?" Starlight asked.

"Yes, there are," Aaron said. "But, this one dimension I came from has knowledge of this world."

"Wait, what?!" Rainbow Dash said. "How?!"

"In my world, the adventures you all went on are a part of a TV Show," Aaron said.

"Wait, you mean... we're famous in your world?!" Rainbow Dash asked.

Applejack chuckled and said, "Only you would get giddy about being famous, Dash."

"Well, it's not exactly what you'd think it is," Aaron said. "The show was supposed to be a work of fiction."

"Guess you got a big surprise when you somehow ended up in this world, huh?" Pinkie Pie said, getting up in Aaron's face.

"You can say that," Aaron said. "All I can say is... it's been kinda boring being underneath the School of Friendship for this long."

"Well, I'm sure your mother and father must miss you terribly," Rarity said. That comment made Aaron bow his head. Rarity raised an eyebrow and asked, "What's the matter?"

"My parents are dead," Aaron said. "They died when I was four."

"Oh, I'm so sorry about that," Rarity said. "Do you have any other family?"

"I'm actually staying with my mom's twin sister, Aunt Marissa," Aaron said. "Mom wanted me to stay with her for a while until she got back. But... she never came back."

"And your pa?" Applejack asked.

"I never knew much about him," Aaron said. "All I know is that he left mom when she was pregnant with me."

"Oh, my," Rarity said, putting a hoof to her mouth.

"I know how you feel, dude," Gallus said.

"You were trying to survive while living on the streets of Griffonstone," Aaron said.

"How did you know that?!" Gallus asked.

"I told you, the show I watched in my world is based on this world," Aaron said. "There were even some flashbacks."

"Wow," Gallus said. "So, you saw me confess about..."

"Yep," Aaron said. "Even saw how the changelings celebrate their own version of hearth's warming." He then snickered. "When they said that you put up the tree and build a fire, that's not what they meant, Ocellus."

"Really?" Ocellus asked.

"Yeah," Aaron said. "You don't actually have to literally build a fire. They meant you have to grab some wood and set it ablaze for warmth."

"Ohh... that makes much more sense!" Ocellus said. "And about the tree?"

"Put it on a stand to keep it from falling over," Aaron said. "Oh, and you should probably buy a book of Hearth's Warming Carols before you get on the train back to the hive."

"He's right," Rainbow Dash said. "We'll get you a book of carols before you leave this winter."

"Anyway, can we get back on topic?" Sunburst asked. "How did you arrive here?"

"Right, right," Aaron said. "Anyway... after mom passed away, my aunt Marissa was struggling to keep us both alive. Especially living in the streets of Chicago."

"Chicago?" Applejack asked. "Is that a city in your world?"

"Yeah," Aaron said. "Anyway, my aunt tried keeping us alive by working off for a fashion company that she absolutely hated doing."

"Your aunt was not a fan of fashion?" Rarity asked. "That's a fashion pony's worst nightmare."

"Oh, no," Aaron said. "She enjoys designing fashion. It's just what she's been making for the fashion company she works for that makes her do it. The owner of the company my aunt worked for believed that fashion is for pets only."

"Ouch," Rarity said. "That's just rude."

"Yeah," Aaron said. "And that boss hates kids. She kept me a secret from the owner. But when she wasn't working, she designed clothing for what she wanted to do. Design clothes for people. She actually sold some clothing designs to famous figures that came. Those figures paid millions for their designs."

"So, your aunt quit that job she hated?" Starlight asked.

"She did, but her boss didn't want that," Aaron said. "Aunt Marissa went to work to quit, but her boss said that she was her best designer ever and tried to make her stay. But all that changed."

"What happened?" Fluttershy asked.

"I was in the room and revealed that I was her nephew," Aaron said. "She tried to force me to stay with another relative, but my aunt didn't allow it. And neither did all the other employees. They all quit their jobs there, and she tried suing them all for quitting their jobs, but the judge had her accusations revoked and she lost her company."

"Okay, that she deserved," Pinkie Pie said.

"Indeed," Rarity said. "So, what happened next?"

"My aunt decided to start her own clothing business somewhere else, far away from Chicago," Aaron said. "So, we moved to Orlando. Although, she spent a lot of money on buying a building for her business, paying for the repairs and renovations, but eventually, she got it all paid for. But with what was left, we ended up starting to live in a hotel room."

"You mean you're staying in a hotel until you find a home?" Fluttershy asked.

"No, I mean we're literally living in a hotel room," Aaron said. "It's legal to actually buy a hotel room."

"Wow," Starlight said. "Never thought that was possible."

"Yeah," Aaron said. "Although, when I was there, I got some video game systems, a new phone, even a new tablet computer."

"It was due to that computer that proved to me that he was human," Smolder said.

"Then last month, the night I arrived, Aunt Marissa was working late," Aaron said. "I waited back home. Things haven't been the same since. I barely had any friends. Even before I moved. I actually wanted to go for the basketball team to keep in shape, but I was always booted. They barely knew I was there. In fact, all the students and faculty thought I was a new student there. That school said that new students weren't allowed to participate in school teams in that semester."

"Ouch," Rainbow Dash said. "Those idiots. How did they not know you weren't a new student?"

"Now I know how Wallflower Blush felt before she used the Memory Stone back in the other dimension," Aaron said. "So, I hoped that one day, I could try it at my new school. We just moved there a week before I ended up here. I was a lonely child when I was there. And that night, I made a wish that for once, I'd have a chance to make some friends. And as I made that wish, a meteor shower started over at the hotel I was living in."

"Wow," Rainbow Dash said. "A meteor shower. That's actually pretty cool."

"Yeah, it was," Aaron said. "But as I was grabbing my backpack that had my stuff in, my computer, my phone, and the styluses I got for my computer, I saw something coming from my closet. Some kind of light. I headed for it, curious what was going on, and then..." He then took a deep breath. "And then I was here, as what you see before you."

"I found him unconscious in the Everfree Forest," Smolder said. "He was wearing ripped clothing and holding his backpack in his right claw. I couldn't just leave him there to be eaten by the Manticores or the Timberwolves, so I brought him back to the school. The nurse's office was closed for the night, so I set him here and then I went to get the nearest first aid kit."

"I woke up to see her treating whatever wounds I had," Aaron said. "I remembered having a bump on my head."

"He must've bumped his head on a nearby tree after arriving here," Sunburst said.

"That would make sense," Starlight said. "Must've come as a surprise to him."

"He was surprised to see that he somehow ended up in Equestria," Smolder said. "He even surprised me when he saw who I was. I had never met him before, but somehow, he knew almost everything about me."

"Really?" Yona asked. "Because of show based on our world?"

"Exactly," Aaron said. "I couldn't believe my eyes when I woke up here last month. I just hope my aunt doesn't worry too much. She's probably sent out a search party to find me, but she doesn't know I'm alive in another dimension."

"Hopefully, she doesn't go bankrupt," Rarity said. "She worked so hard to get that company up and running."

"Yeah," Aaron said. "I know." He then yawned. "Guess it's already that time."

"Ah, man," Smolder said. "I was hoping that you and I would be able to play one of those games on your computer."

"Actually, Smolder," Starlight said. "You're not doing anything tonight. You've been falling asleep in some of your classes for the past month. And now we know why. So, you are going straight to bed."

"What are you gonna do, make me sleepy?" Smolder scoffed. Just then, she felt woozy. "Whoa. What's happening?"

Starlight had her horn lit up. She then said, "I personally found this spell earlier today so you wouldn't be able to sneak off at night anymore. The drowsiness spell."

"You... sneaky..." Smolder said before passing out.

"She's been sleeping in some of her classes the past month?" Aaron said. "I tried to warn her."

"Okay, so what are we gonna do about Aaron here?" Sunburst asked. "All of the boy dorms are already packed."

"He's right," Applejack said. "We don't have any more rooms available for him ta stay at in the dorms."

"Actually, if it's okay with you, Headmare Starlight, Gallus and I would be more than happy to let him stay in our dorm room tonight," Sandbar said.

"We will?" Gallus asked.

"Would you rather have him sleeping out in the courtyard or in the pond?" Sandbar asked.

"Good point," Gallus said.

"Well, I guess that'll have to do for now," Starlight said. "We might even have to get an extra bed in there for him until we find him a way back home."

"Oh, oh, I got an inflatable mattress," Pinkie said. "I can bring it over."

"I don't think it's a good idea for me to sleep on an inflatable mattress," Aaron said. "Especially with these." Aaron held up his claws. "I'm still not used to having one short of a digit."

"What does that mean?" Ocellus asked.

"He means that humans have hands which are similar to dragon claws, but not as sharp and there are five fingers on each hand," Starlight said. "Now, we'll just find you something different until..."

"I don't mind giving up my bed for him," Sandbar said. "My mattress isn't inflatable."

"You'd do that, Sandbar?" Aaron asked.

"Sure, dude," Sandbar said. "C'mon. Let's get to bed."

"And finally get Smolder some sleep," Starlight said using her magic to put Smolder on Applejack's back.

"No..." Smolder said. "I can still..." Smolder then yawned. "...go on for a few hours."

"No more sneaking out late for you, Smolder," Sunburst said. Then the group started heading out of there.


Back in the dorm area, in Sandbar and Gallus's room, Pinkie Pie was blowing up the inflatable mattress while Starlight was talking to Aaron outside the room.

"So, in the morning, I'm going to send a letter to Princess Twilight about you," Starlight said. "I'm sure that she'll find you a way home as soon as possible. I'm sure it's going to be fine."

"Thanks, Starlight," Aaron said. "I guess I'm gonna have to get used to this place until I get home." Then Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Fluttershy walked up and stood by Starlight.

"So, the show that is based on our world, it doesn't show everything we do, does it?" Rainbow Dash said.

"No," Aaron said. "It doesn't show everything you do."

"So, it doesn't show any of our private moments, like when I'm in the shower?" Rarity asked.

"Well... it was only one time... with you," Aaron said.

"One time?" Rarity asked. She then got nervous. "Which one?"

"The remover potion," Aaron said. That answer made the five mares in the hall wince at the comment.

"That... was the most shocking thing I have ever seen!" Rarity said. "My wonderful mane was mostly gone!"

"That was really disturbing to see," Starlight said. She then shuddered.

"It didn't show anything embarrassing that we did, did it?" Fluttershy asked.

"Besides the Poison Joke incident?" Aaron asked.

"Oooooh," Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Fluttershy said in unison.

"Okay, that day was freaky for all of us," Fluttershy said.

"Yet, you had that deep voice twice," Aaron said. "When Big Mac lost his voice and his chance of winning Turkey Call Contest. And let's not forget the time you and Angel switched bodies."

"You and Angel switched bodies?" Starlight asked.

"That was really strange for both of us," Fluttershy said.

"That sounds strange," Rarity said.

"Yeah," Applejack said. "Luckily we don't do anythin' embarrassin' all the time."

"Says the farmer who gave half the town of Ponyville food poisoning," Aaron said.

"Huh?" Applejack asked. "What do ya mean?"

"Remember when Big Mac hurt himself and you had tried to buck all of Sweet Apple Acres all by yourself?" Aaron asked.

"Ohhhh!!" Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Fluttershy said in unison.

"Okay, in mah defense, Ah was really exhausted them days," Applejack said.

"You got that right," Rainbow Dash said. "I've never been caught doin' somethin' embarrassing."

"Secret spa day," Aaron said. "Caught by Rarity and Applejack." That made Rainbow Dash freeze up. That made Starlight, Rarity, Applejack and Fluttershy giggle and laugh.

"Wow," Rainbow Dash said. "Those guys are good."

"And let's not forget the time that Pinkie Pie cloned herself," Aaron said.

Pinkie Pie then came out of the room, saying, "I wanted something easier to do more than one thing at a time. Big mistake."

"Your clones basically made a mess all over Ponyville," Aaron said. "Oh, yeah, that reminds me." Aaron then grabbed his backpack and pulled out his computer and a stylus. He then tapped something on the computer screen and said, "You missed one." He then showed a video of Pinkie Pie being interviewed.

That made the six mares jaw dropped.

"There was one Pinkie clone in Manehattan?" Rarity asked. "During the Saddle Row Review interview?"

"Remind me to write that down when I write the letter tomorrow," Starlight said to Rarity, who nodded in response. She then looked back at Aaron and asked, "You... didn't happen to see what I've been doing in the show, have you?"

"You didn't officially make your debut until season 5, out of 9," Aaron said. "I did see you at the restaurant spying on Twilight, Spike and Twilight's old study buddies."

"Okay, I assumed that she lived in Canterlot at the time," Starlight said. "But then I figured out that she was currently living in Ponyville at the time."

"And then you got the idea for time travel from Pinkie Pie," Aaron said. That made Starlight freeze up.

"Hey, what makes you think I gave her the idea?" Pinkie asked.

"Remember the day when Twilight wanted to know when Discord purposely did not invite her over the weekend?" Aaron asked.

"Yeah, why?" Pinkie asked.

"Yeah, I was hiding in the bush nearby," Starlight said. "That was when you asked Twilight if Time Travel was the way to go, wearing that weird outfit."

"Meh, I couldn't help it," Pinkie Pie said. "Anyway, the mattress is ready." Just then, Gallus and Sandbar started walking into the room.

"Well, it's getting late," Starlight said. "Get to bed."

"Alright," Aaron said, putting his computer back into his backpack. "Might as well get to bed." He then yawned and headed into the room, closing the door behind him.

Sandbar got into the inflatable mattress while Aaron and Gallus got into the bunk bed.

"Luckily they brought a spare set of blankets and pillows for this bed," Sandbar said. "So, are you excited to actually see the area tomorrow?"

"Might as well," Aaron said. "I never thought I'd actually be in this world. It was all a work of fiction back in my world."

"Guess it came as a surprise that you ended up here," Gallus said, laying on his back on the top bunk. "Guess this is an experience that you'll never forget."

"I know," Aaron said before yawning. "Finally..." He then shut his eyes. "A nice... warm... bed..." He then fell asleep.

"Good night, Aaron," Sandbar said before turning off the light.

Author's Note:

Well, at least Aaron won't be living in the caverns underneath the school for the time being. Now, all he has to wait until Princess Twilight finds him a way home, just until she finds out about him. Hopefully, it won't be a problem.