• Published 9th Jul 2022
  • 691 Views, 14 Comments

Coffee vs. Equestria - aegishailstorm



A rather notable group of heavily armed Americans arrive in Equestria. Just as the Griffon empire launches an attack.

  • ...
52
 14
 691

Blatant Success

Angry poked his head out the side window of the Hummer. "Well? Start shooting!" He shouted. His reply was met the roar of the M2 browning, and an arrow wizzing through his hat. Which prompted him to get his head back inside the vehicle. he looked over at Mike, " I thought you said they couldn't see in the dark!?"

"Lucky shot!" He responded, he could see dozen's of figures moving around within the confines of the camp though his NOD's. " You heard him." The other's joined in with John just as the lead vehicle in the convoy broke through the outer confines of the camp. The war cry's of the griffon's soon devolved into cries to terror and confusion. As the human's onboard the truck's effortlessly brought down one after the other with their rifles. The various bonfire's of the camp casted ominous shadow's across the carnage.


"Sir!" An armor clad griffon franticly shook general Blackhawk awake. " Ugh, what is it soldier?" A gunshot echoed in the distance. " We're under attack!" He scrambled to all four's and grabbed his short sword. "By who? The Equestrian's?" The massive metal figure of a 4 by 4 drove past the opening of the tent. " No! We don't know who it is. We need to get you out of here!" The 2 rushed outside, but a soon as they had left the confine's of the tent a bullet flew through the guard's head. Splattering blood across the general's face. He scanned his immediate surrounding's, and laid eyes on the being who had fired the shot. Garand Thumb glanced over him for only a moment before turning away to reload.

"Oh well then. I suppose that would be my signal to leave. " Blackhawk murmured, he turned and flew off into the dark sky of the Everfree forest. He was headed back to Griffonstone to acquire more troop's. He and his subsidiaries had not expected a sudden ambush in the dead of night. Especially not by heavily armed American's. But to be fair, it wasn't like they could have prepared for it. Even if their forward scout's had returned they still would have lost this battle.


Back on the ground thing's were going quite poorly for the griffon force's. After downing the majority of the opposing forces within the first few minute's, those in the Hummer and Raptor had dismounted and fought onwards on foot. Their night vision, suppressed rifles, and infrared mounted laser's gave them an enormous advantage. Which in broad daylight wouldn't have given them much of an advantage against the giffonic forces, given that they could fly and possessed talons. But given the nature of the engagement they currently found themselves in , they were entirely outclassed. The battle was over before the hour was up. As the remainder of the griffon forces surrendered, the humans took a few moment's to take in the carnage. Which, being that most of them were either ex military or law enforcement, was nothing special. Though it's not everyday you fight a conflict based around mythical creatures.

"Damn." Brandon Herrera sighed to himself as he looked over the battlefield. He glanced over at Scott, who was busy pulling a fistful of arrows out of his plate carrier. "They're tougher than they look, still no match for us though, eh?" Scott touted. John walked up from behind, " Take care, we might have won this battle, but what about the next?" The other human's approached him.

"We need to get back to Twilight, I don't want to go in with zero intel next time." Lucas Botkin glanced over at Evan, who looked around at his compatriot's. " What Botkin said! We'll deal with the mess we made here later!" The human's once more boarded their vehicles and took off.

"Hey, quick question, did anyone see their C.O?" Mike asked the team over the comm's. Matt pounded on the back windshield of the vehicle in front of them and shook his head. " No, at least... I think we did, it was dark out side, and we didn't even know what to look for. I propose we go back and question our POW's some more." Mike looked out the window.

"Aye, I'm sure they're being treated just fine." Donut chuckled, " Yeah, I've seen a lot of weird shit in my day. Those ponies don't look like the good cop- bad cop type. " Another laugh rose up from the convoy.


"You there! Where's Twilight?" The convoy had stopped on the side of the road leading into Ponyville to question one of it's inhabitants, a pegasus mare with crooked eyes, something Brandon and the other's found rather humorous. They wern't going to bother asking why she would out so late. John dismounted from the Hellcat and struck up a conversation.

"Oh, hit there! My name's Derpy! How are you?" The mare waved even though he was standing above her. He couldn't help but smile at the gesture. " Hello there Derpy. Do you happen to know where Twilight Sparkle went? We're looking for her." She blinked at him for a moment. Then pointed off into the distance, towards the mountain top city which Twilight had identified as, " Canterlot."

"Are you sure?" She nodded her head, but before she could leave Brandon pulled out his phone and snapped off a picture of her." For the internet." Lovell shook his head and climbed back into the turret of the Hellcat. But before they started back up Matt poked his head out the back window of the Raptor. " Are you sure we've got enough gas to drive all the way to the capital?" Scott poked at the fuel gauge and grunted." Yep, we do, I topped it off way back in San Antonio."

"So... How do we get to Canterlot?" Scott realized that Derpy had flown off before he was able to get an answer. " Pick a road that run's parallel to the rail line, we shouldn't hit much traffic. " The convoy started up again, headed down the main road through and out of Ponyville.

About 2(ish) hour's of driving later...

" Lucas, it's Matt Best. Are you sure we're going the right way?" The Hellcat stopped at the top of a hill. Matt slammed the steering wheel of the hummer and picked " Take a look for yourself. You're the one in front. Could we switch places? We're out of the hot zone, we'd go a lot faster if we went first." Botkin pulled and Matt pulled themselves out of the driver's hatch. " Good idea, go on and pass us!" The two truck's in the convoy went on ahead of the Hellcat, while it continued behind them a a much more leisurely pace.


The clock on the dash of a three vehicle's read 650 hour's, and the sun had begun to rise over the eastern horizon as the sparkling tower's of Canterlot came into view of the convoy. " Guy's, we're here!" The group gazed on in amazement as the 3 vehicles rumbled through the front gates. The guard's on either side just let them pass. And they soon found out why, Rainbow Dash appeared overhead with the news that the royal's were..." Expecting them." They were fine with, the team wanted 3 thing's, breakfast, sleep, and access to their POW's.