• Published 17th Jul 2022
  • 5,590 Views, 86 Comments

Daughter of the moon - Helia_Writes



(Being rewritten) Nightmare Moon was pregnant with Twilight Sparkle when she was banished. How does this change events?

  • ...
12
 86
 5,590

Prologue: Banishment (rewritten)

19 days before Nightmare Moon's banishment

Luna, a dark blue coated alicorn with a star sprinkled flowing mane, was locked in her room. For the last few days, she had been crying and mourning for her husband, who was banished 5 days ago by her own hoof. He had gone too far and was corrupted by the shadows. He almost killed the last pony she held dear to her, all because her sister tried to deny her happiness.

No. There was nothing left for her now. Maybe she should just stay locked in her room. Would anyone notice her absence? Would they celebrate? The wicked Night mare of the Moon is gone. That's what they all want. They don't seem to understand that, although she is an immortal alicorn seen as a goddess, she just wanted love and happiness. Was that so hard?

"I hope you are happy 'Tia. I barely have any happiness left." She said bitterly, tears still flowing, staring at her moon through her window. "I just want something to be happy about, I just want to be loved again. To have my husband back, the way he was before the corruption"

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Someone at my door? That is unusual. It could be Pulsar, but she should still be in the hospital She thought as she trotted to the door, and upon opening it, she saw her Royal Doctor.

"Excuse me for the interruption, Your Highness, but we discovered something in your recent examination." He bowed whilst speaking.

"Pray tell, what didst thou discover?" Luna asked

"It seems a congratulations are in order for thee, thou art pregnant. A month into pregnancy as well."

Luna stared, mouth agape, in utter disbelief. She was pregnant. She is going to have a child that would love her. Maybe she could fix her relationship with her sister, now that Celestia will be an aunt.

"Thanketh thee doctor, but may we ask that thou wipe this from the record. We will tell our sister ourselves, and we don't want the nobility to discover this."

"Of course, Your Highness, it will be done." he bowed once again

Luna closed her bedroom door, and then proceeded to jump around squealing like an excited school filly. She also thought she heard a quiet giggle, but dismissed it.
She could finally have something to love her, she could finally have happiness.

Oh how wrong she was.


5 minutes before Nightmare Moon's Banishment

Luna was standing in a room connected to her own, a nursery that was painted with the colors of the night, with stars and the moon on the ceiling. A small blue cot lay adjacent to the back wall, and a desk stood against the left wall, near the door. Upon the desk lay a note with two names.

"Perfect. I can add more decoration later, but I am happy I have two names for the baby." She glanced at the list, which read 'Girl - Twilight Sparkle. Boy - Dusk Shine'

"Now for the hardest part of this day, confronting 'Tia. For too long has she ignored me, I have had enough. I shall not let emotions get the best of me, I cant let that happen, or I will endanger my unborn child. I must stay calm, and confront her. A small display of power will also show her how serious I am. It's a shame it had to come to this" She sighed and set off towards the throne room.

Luna walked onto the Dias where the two thrones sat, one a shiny gold that easily represented the warmth and light of the day, and one black and silver that represented the cold and bitterness of night. She stared at the entrance, and at Celestia, who was speaking with some nobles. The nobles that Celestia spoke to noticed Luna before Celestia did, and had that same look of disgust as she was used too, but something was different this time around. They were staring, not at her face, but her stomach. They knew. Somehow they knew. The doctor must have been unable to wipe the records in time. They were going to treat her child like a monster like they did to her.

Luna felt her rage boiling in her chest. There was only one way to make things right.

"CELESTIA!" She shouted with enough force to make windows shatter. As she did, she stomped her hoof, cracking the stone below.

All the nobles fled. Cowards

"Luna? What's going on? Why did you scare away our company?" Celestia started to walk up to her.

"Not another step! Did you really expect me to sit idly by while they all basked in your precious light?" She glared at Celestia and stomped both hooves and caused the wall behind her to crack and break, crumbling behind her. "There can only be one princess in Equestria! And that princess... will be me!"

Luna flew up, and raised the moon, eclipsing the sun. Shrouding the land in darkness.

Celestia watched in horror as dark magic formed around her sister, sealing her in an orb of black. Once the orb dissipated, the mare floating there was different. Her coat was as black as the darkest of nights, her eyes looked draconic, her teeth were that of a predators, and she was taller, as tall as Celestia. Luna wore the armor she wore in times of war, except it was now a light blue instead of black. Her flowing mane and tail were rippling, and long, and her wings had changed into a shape Celestia had never seen before. Her laugh sounded crazy and maniacal.

'Luna' shot her magic across the ceiling, destroying it, leaving a wide hole.

"Luna, I will not fight you! You must lower the moon! It is your duty! Do not fall to the shadows like your husband!" Celestia begged.

"Luna? I am... Nightmare Moon! I have but one royal duty now: to destroy you!" as she shouted this, she shot a beam of magic towards Celestia, who dodged the magic then flew out through the hole in the roof. "And where do you think you're going?"

Nightmare moon flew up through the hole, and glared at Celestia. She shot more magic towards her, but Celestia once again dodged it. Nightmare Moon watched her sister dive and fly away, and followed. Shooting more magic towards her sister, she began to get annoyed with Celestia dodging every shot.

Does she not care for her ponies that praise her? She is letting me destroy our castle.

After a few more dodges, Celestia was finally hit by magic, causing her to crash back down into the throne room. Nightmare Moon watched with glee and laughed at her sister's fall.

Celestia eventually rose to her hooves, and looked up at Nightmare moon with great sorrow. "Oh, dear sister. I am sorry, but you have given me no choice but to use these." as she spoke, she activated the trap door containing the Elements of Harmony, and floated them all around her. She flew up, facing her sister as the Elements spun around her, making her glow with the power of harmony.

Nightmare Moon was scared, not for herself, but for her unborn child. How could she have been so stupid to let her sister near the elements. Panicking, Nightmare shot a powerful magical beam towards Celestia, but at the same time, a rainbow beam shot out from the Elements. The beams seemed equal at first, but eventually the rainbow beam started overpowering Nightmares beam.

"CELESTIA! PLEASE DONT! IM PREGNAN-" The rainbow beam hit her, and carried her to the moon, banishing her. Leaving a scar on the moon that resembled the head of a mare alicorn.

Celestia stared at the moon with her wide, tear filled eyes. Nightmare Moon's last words sounded too much like Luna. Was it a lie to distract her? Was it a trick? Celestia looked down towards the Lunar tower, where Luna's chambers are. I can get some answers. I really hope it was a last attempt at stopping me.

Flying down to the tower, she landed onto the black and silver balcony, and walked into the room. The room was mainly black, with silver highlights, and the walls and ceiling were decorated with the stars. She stared at the tear stained pillow on Lunas bed, and next to it, a picture of a stallion. How long has she felt like this? how could I not see the signs of her depression.

Celestia looked around for what felt like hours, she found Luna's diary and read some recent entries. The pages had smudges and tear stains, where Luna had been weeping while writing her true feelings. New tears dropped onto the pages. She looked around the room once more, and saw a purple door, one that she didn't remember being there the last time she was in this room. Her heart broke when she went inside. It was a nursery, a night themed nursery. It was true. It wasn't a trick.

Celestia just stared at the room, it was painted by hoof by Luna, she could recognise her sisters art anywhere. Glancing at the desk, she picked up the piece of paper in her magic. Baby names. She already had names.

"Twilight Sparkle. Dusk Shine. Both themed to be between night and day... she believed that this baby could bring us closer. To become a family. But I ended that before it begun. How could I have been so blind." She muttered to herself.

She could've gained a niece, but instead she lost a sister.

Now she is finally gone, we can rule alone Celestia. We can be the Queen

Shut up Daybreaker. Leave me alone


The moon, 2 hours after banishment.

There was only pain, coldness and void. Nightmare's chest felt like it was going to explode. The air in her lungs had expanded due to the low pressure in the moons little atmosphere. It's almost null. Moon dust clung to her coat, but none of this worried her, no, she feared for her child. The moon is no place to have a child, it could not survive. Not unless it is an alicorn, which is almost impossible.

Some mother you turned out to be

Nightmare's ears jerked up as she looked around frantically. "WHO'S THERE?!"

We put our self before our child before it was even born.

"Our child? ah, my weaker self, come to try and take the body back? Well I wont let you."

No Nightmare, just, do what you can to help our child and I wont resist. For our child. I only hope this is the right decision for it.

Nightmare grinned. "Instead of calling it 'The child', how about we find out more than just it's coat color using that nifty little spell you used." Her horn glows a violent teal, and her stomach flashes between blue and pink, before staying on pink "Seems like its a girl. What was that name you chose for a girl?"

Twilight Sparkle

"Now that won't do at all, we need something to link her to the noble house of the moon. Why not add a nice middle name based on a constellation? hmmm Ursa? no. Polaris? nah. none fit."

Andromeda?

"That's not a constellation, but she is special enough to be named after a galaxy"

You know, you don't seem so evil now

"I'M NOT EVIL! I just had a certain alicorn pouring all their hate and sadness into me! I was just here to help you, but you used all that hate to not only twist my mind, but your own too."

Wha....I....

"I grow tired of this conversation." Nightmare laid down on the harsh, rocky land and attempted to sleep.