• Published 18th Jun 2022
  • 5,876 Views, 2,084 Comments

Looking Glass - Hiver



Nocturnis is growing, things are peaceful and Princess Luna is coming to visit. Things are looking good for Page!

  • ...
19
 2,084
 5,876

Chapter 40

I turned a page in the book, a grape floating up in my magic and I chewed it slowly, reading in the light of the candle sitting next to me.

My escape had been to the fourth library at one of the furthest corridors from the door in this larger on the inside crystal tree.

Midnight's castle had multiple libraries. Yes, I was surprised too, this is my surprised face. I don’t think anypony has ever been so surprised before in the history of time. I had to sit down when I found out. I may never recover.

I had hidden in the smallest one furthest away from everypony else.

But apparently not well enough as the door opened and Shining Armor poked his head inside, looking around as he spotted me.

"Page," he said and pushed the door open, walking inside, "Am I disturbing?"

I looked at him warily, "...Depends, are you going to yell at me?"

He actually smiled as he answered, "Should I?"

"I really rather you didn't," I admitted, "I really did try to talk her out of it."

Shining nodded and crossed over to jump onto the chair across from my couch, "I know," he said as he sat down, "She told me. Didn't work, did it?"

"Not really," I admitted and shrugged my wings, "Your sister can be stubborn."

He grinned, "You don't say," he agreed before he sighed, "...She will be leaving a lot behind."

"She would do that either way," I pointed out with a small sigh.

He nodded, "Her marefriend, Tempest. I know, Cadance told me before we even got her message."

Cadance, huh. Was this really Cadance's idea originally? Intentionally? Well, she was the Princess of Love, so that tracked.

"So, not here to yell at me," I said, "What's up?"

Shining hesitated before he shrugged, "...I don't know," he admitted, "I guess I'm just curious and... if she does decide to go..."

"Look after her," I said, nodding, "I would anyway. Midnight is a friend and the sister of my marefriend, if something gets to her it's because I'm bleeding on the floor already with pieces missing."

He grinned briefly at that, "I guess we have that in common. Take it your marefriends are as happy about that as my Cady is?"

"Yeeeep," I agreed and shook my head, "Curious about Tempest?" I asked.

Shining nodded again, "And of this Nocturnis. Her friends there. Tell me about your Twilight?"

I considered that for a moment, "...You know, I might be able to do one better if you trust me," I said and closed my book.

"Like what?"

"You know I’m good with dream magic," I said, "I could make you a dream where you get to meet a dream copy of Tempest and she could show you around Nocturnis. It wouldn't be perfect, just a dream image based on the Tempest I know, but a lot closer than me just telling you about them."

He hesitated before he nodded, "What would I need to do?" he asked.

I jumped off the couch, "Here, lay down."

Slipping off his chair, Shining Armor jumped onto the couch and laid down, "Now what?"

"Get comfortable and relax, then don't speak, need to focus," I said and closed my eyes, channeling magic as I focused on forming the dream and dream image.

This was difficult. Making a dream without being in the dream was hard. Making it while also out in the real world made it twenty times harder.

But finally I opened my eyes and bent down, tapping my horn against Shining Armor's forehead.

He collapsed into sleep, snoring softly.

Taking a deep breath, I took half a step back before I nodded.

There. That worked.

He's going to be out for a couple of hours at least. I moved to gather up my snacks and book before I headed towards the door, pushing it closed behind me before I always ran into Cadance.

"Page," she said, "Have you seen Shining?"

"Actually," I said, "I have. He's on the couch inside, talking to Tempest."

Cadance looked at me in surprise, "Tempest? As in Twilights marefriend?"

I nodded before I shrugged, "Uhm, well almost anyway," I said, "He wanted me to tell him about her and I offered to show her to him in a dream. The dream image is showing him around Nocturnis right now."

Cadance looked thoughtful before she nodded, "...Could you show me too?"

"Sure, there's more room on the couch."