• Published 18th Jun 2022
  • 5,868 Views, 2,084 Comments

Looking Glass - Hiver



Nocturnis is growing, things are peaceful and Princess Luna is coming to visit. Things are looking good for Page!

  • ...
19
 2,084
 5,868

Chapter 37

I walked into the throneroom and Spicy Pepper turned around at the sound of my hooves.

She was in her guise of a pegasus and I had the usual double vision as I looked at her. For a moment, her eyes flicked to my wings, then to my eyes, then to my ears and finally landing on my horn.

Her jaw dropped for a second, then so did the rest of her as she bowed down so deeply she was basically laying down.

Oh damn it.

"My name is Blank Page," I told her, "You don't need to do that."

Spicy Pepper looked up at me and I saw hope in her eyes as her illusion faded away.

"I'm not here to save you."

The hope died.

Spicy Pepper slowly got up to sit, but somehow she just looked more collapsed than when she was on the floor, ears drooping and wings hanging down her back.

"I.." she said quietly, "I dreamed that a voice told me to come to..."

"That was me," I confirmed with a smile as I moved to sit before her, "But I'm not here to save you. You are."

Spicy Pepper looked at me, "W-what do you mean?"

"I mean that I can't do it for you," I said and held my hoof out for her, "But I can show you how."

Spicy Pepper slowly reached out and took my hoof, "Who are you?"

I smiled at her, "I am Prince Blank Page of Equestria. Just not this Equestria. If you are willing to listen, I have a story to tell you."

She nodded.

So I told her. I told her about the history of the thestrals, about the blood magic and the curse bound to it. About gathering every thestral that wanted to come, about founding Nocturnis. About the decursing.

Spicy Pepper didn't say a word, just just listened.

"Y-you're not from this world?" she asked as she stood up.

"I'm not. And I have to go back, but I can't leave without trying to do something to help," I said and stood up as well, stretching my wings for a moment, "And for that I need somepony here than can do the job instead."

Pepper gaped at me again for a second before she asked the very understandable question, "Why me?"

I smiled, "Because I know the you from my world. You're smart and a natural leader."

"I run my family's noodle stand! I’m not a hero or a princess or anything important!"

"And very good noodles they are," I agreed with a grin before I turned more serious, "But because that's who you are doesn't mean that who you always have to be. You wouldn't be alone, I know Princess Luna will assist you all the way, you wouldn't even need to do most of the heavy lifting. But thestrals need somepony of their own to show it's safe, to show it's true. To have somepony to look up to. Somepony to help lead them. And you are just plain wrong, everypony is important."

"But why me!?" she exclaimed, taking half a step back.

"Because I know you can do it," I said before I sighed, "But I would never force you into that position. If you say no, I will find somepony else."

"I... I..." she said and shook her head, "It's just so much."

I nodded, "I know," I answered softly, "And I do wish we had a lot of time. But I return to where I came from in a few weeks if all goes as planned."

Pepper flicked her ears, swallowing as she looked around.

"You don't have to decide now," I told her, "In fact, I encourage you to think about it. But in the meantime, I have somepony I want to introduce you to if you are willing to go for a walk with me."

Pepper shivered, her illusion flowing to cover her again before she looked at me, "Who?"

"A bat that lives in Ponyville. I talked to her earlier and she's willing to talk to you. I'd warn you though, she is a bit shy," I said before I ignited my horn, wrapping the illusion of how I looked as a unicorn around myself, "You don't know a lot of bats?"

Shaking her head, Pepper looked at me, "Three, including my mother."

"Before she met me, the only thestral she knew was her mother," I said sadly, "That's part of what I want to change. Would you like to meet her?"

Pepper nodded.