• Published 14th Jun 2022
  • 392 Views, 16 Comments

Script - Chemtest



Twilight Sparkle is about to finish Starswirl’s unfinished spell. Rainbow Dash goes off script.

  • ...
4
 16
 392

The

It’s a dark night in Ponyville, a new moon providing little light to the sleeping little village. Only a few trot the streets, some rowdy stallions returning home from a bar, foals scurrying back home after losing track of time, and a few mares trotting home after spending the whole day with friends. Princess Luna sits atop a cloud, overlooking the city, enjoying the cool breeze as it blows past her. She closes her eyes, taking in a deep breath, letting it out as she looks up at the moon, blue eyes twinkling.

Her peace is suddenly disturbed as one ear twitches, a sound coming from below. A scuffle, and a mare shouting, “Help!”

Luna stands on her cloud, giving her wings an experimental flap, then jumping off the cloud, not using her wings at all. She crashes in the middle of an alleyway, sending dust flying up from the dirt street, clearing it all with another flap of her wings. In front of her, she sees a mare being held at knife point by another mare in a brown cloak, the threatened mare holding a purse close to herself.

The thief immediately turns her head, eyes widening as she sees Luna. She quickly turns her knife from the mare, instead pointing it at Luna, “Don’t come any closer!” The mare rasps out in a fake voice, trying to sound deeper and more gravelly that it truly is.

Luna takes a single step closer, “We have.”

The thief takes a step back, her grip on the knife trembling, “I-I’ll stab you!”

Luna once more steps closer, pressing up against the knife, “Do not announce what you will do, when you can do it.” She looks at the other mare out the corner of her eye, “Leave.”

The mare quickly nods and runs away, the thief watching her, “I-I… hi-ya!” She stabs her knife forward, the metal bending and eventually shattering as it hits Luna, leaving nothing but a handle pressed against her blue coat.

The thief slowly looks up at Luna, gulping loudly as the Princess looks down at her. Luna launches into action, grabbing the knife’s handle, throwing it away, spinning around and knocking the mare’s legs out from under her with a single wing. The mare collapses as Luna looks back at her, panting.

The thief whimpers, “P-please don’t hurt me, it’s not my fault…” She winces as Luna raises a hoof, closing her eyes and bracing. However, she soon opens her eyes back up upon feeling no blow fall, seeing Luna simply extending a hoof, a stern but empathetic look on her face.

The thief slowly takes the Princess’ hoof, Luna pulling her back to her hooves, “What is your Cutie Mark?”

The thief slowly blinks, “D-does this mean I’m not in trouble, Princess?”

Luna doesn’t move her gaze, “Your Cutie Mark.”

The mare looks away, “Well, its a coin purse that’s been cut open by a dagger, Princess. That’s my name, umm, Coin Purse.”

Luna scrunches her lips as she frowns, “A Cutie Mark around thievery. You did this because it’s the only thing you can do, according to fate.”

Coin nods, “And according to my bank account, Princess.” She nervously chuckles, “If you get what I mean…”

Luna nods, slightly smiling, “We do. You are not in trouble, Coin Purse, you are merely a victim of fate. Fuck fate.”

Coin blinks, and then smiles back, “Yeah, fuck fate, but fate’s what’s here.”

Luna grins, “For now.” She lights her horn up, summoning a scroll in a flash of blue light, floating it over to Coin, “Take this and bring it to a bank. You shall have enough bits to survive more than three times your lifespan without any more thievery.”

Coin looks at the scroll, slowly grabbing it with her wings, swallowing and beginning to slowly speak, “I… this, Princess… w-why? I’m just a thief?”

Luna nods, calmly smiling, “You were forced to be a thief by fate, Coin Purse. It is an unfair, cruel fate, one which declares your entire existence to be a crime.”

Coin looks at her, “But that doesn’t answer me, Princess. I’m not complaining, but…”

Luna smiles more, “We were once a victim of fate as well, Coin Purse. Fate, the cruel mistress of all, targets those of us in the dark especially cruelly, and as the matron of the night, we cannot let that pass. Go home, Coin Purse, leave this life behind.”

Coin looks up at the Princess, giving a small salute, “Thank you.” She begins to trot out, only to pause, turning and giving Luna a hug, “Thank you.”

Luna nods, looking down at her, “You are welcome.” Coin breaks off the hug, only to rush out of the alleyway, Luna looking after her. Once the mare is gone, Luna takes a breath, grinning and deciding to turn around, trotting deeper into the alleyway.

About halfway down the alleyway, she passes a pile of boxes, pausing as they rustle. She floats one off the top, seeing the face of Coin Purse, wearing black robes, hiding behind the pile. Luna raises an eyebrow, “Coin Purse, what are you doing back here?”

The mare blinks, and grins, “Oh, don’t mind me, Luna, I’m just enjoying myself. You can go on.”

Luna slowly narrows her eyes, “Coin Purse?”

She looks back, smiling innocently, “Yes, Luna?”

“You were wearing a brown cloak.”

As soon as Luna finishes speaking, Coin lunges out of the boxes, slashing at her with a dagger. Luna draws back, the dagger still getting her cheek, opening a bleeding gash. Her eyes widen as her blood flows, before she then frowns, lowering down and lunging forward, pinning Coin against the wall with a single leg, her other foreleg pressing against the hoof holding the knife, pressing down until the leg snaps.

Luna snarls in Coin’s face, “You fucking bitch, you just fucking cut us, do you even know how hard that is? What the fuck did you think would happen?”

Coin pants, her broken leg struggling, “Not…hing, Luna.” She laughs once, “Just… distract…”

Luna scowls, punching a hoof into Coin’s side, causing her to cough up black, inky blood, “Distract for what?”

Coin coughs some more, inky blood flowing freely, “Just… you wait, Luna… we’ll set things… right!”

Luna growls, thrusting her horn up and through Coin’s head, ripping her entire head with a single movement of her neck, flinging the decapitated head against the opposite wall, the limb bursting into black blood. Luna breathes heavily, “Set things right… what has went wrong recently?” She looks down, only to pause, “The book.” She spreads her wings, rapidly taking off.

In the library, the slight moonlight shines in from a window, barely illuminating the bedroom in which Twilight Sparkle sleeps, cuddled up to her pillow and covered in a purple blanket. The door to the room slowly creaks open, Spike sneaking his way in, tapping his black claw on his leg as he approaches. He climbs up onto the bed, holding the claw at Twilight’s throat, “Everything… will go right.”

Before he can draw his claw back, Luna comes crashing in through the window, crashing into Spike and knocking him away. She dives towards him as Twilight wakes up, blinking, “Huh, what?”

Spike growls at Luna, struggling, raising up his claws and raking them across her leg, opening up many gashes. Luna glares down at him, “We do not know who you are, shapeshifter, but we don’t care.” She raises up her other leg, bringing it down, punching through Spike’s head and the floor beneath it, his entire body melting into inky black liquid which then evaporates.

Twilight gasps, “Luna! What did you just do?!”

Luna looks over, “Stead fast, Twilight Sparkle, we are under attack.”

Luna is strong, that much is for sure.
A brutish strength and a good eye.
But this war won’t be one is strong muscles or keen eyes, Luna.
Things will go right.

Comments ( 4 )

Well this took a dark turn.

That was a interesting story goodluck with the rest of it.

ripping her entire head with a single movement of her neck, flinging the decapitated head against the opposite wall, the limb bursting into black blood

Should be ripping her entire head off, and heads are not limbs.

well this went from 0-60 fast.

Login or register to comment