• Published 18th Mar 2023
  • 1,404 Views, 47 Comments

Supernova - Incredible_E



Choose Your Own Adventure: Time is running out for everything you know and love. Equus will meet its demise soon... or will it?

  • ...
1
 47
 1,404

PreviousChapters Next
85

Twilight jumped out of bed in fear of the fireball in the sky before realizing it was over. She was drenched in sweat, her heart pounding while she sat on the cold floor. Having finally caught her breath, she said, "That had to have been a vision of what that pony was saying yesterday! I need to see Princess Celestia at once!"

She ran into Starlight while galloping for the door.

Starlight waved at Twilight with a smile, "Good morning, Twilight!"

Continuing to run uninterrupted, but not wanting to be rude, Twilight completed the exchange with a quick, "Morning!"

"What's the rush?"

Twilight, against her wishes, stopped momentarily to talk to Starlight. "I'm going to Canterlot to find Celestia."

Starlight cocked her head to the side, "Is there an emergency?"

"I believe the sun is going to engulf the planet and I need to make sure everything is alright!"

Starlight giggled. "Are you overreacting to a bad dream again? Remember when you dreamed about all the chocolate-chip cookies in the world disappearing?"

"I hope this is as fake and silly as that. I wonder if Mrs. Cake still thinks I'm insane." Twilight rubbed the back of her head while blushing a little out of embarrassment. "But this may be serious on a global scale."

"What happened in this nightmare then?"

"As I said, the sun is going to get bigger and eradicate us all unless I do something about it. This is why I am going to the only pony who controls the sun. I really must get going." Twilight began to back up, trying to end the dialogue faster.

Starlight teleported the thermometer from the front door over to her, "Wow. . . 95 degrees. Hottest it has been for centuries since Celestia fixed the sun. Locking the sun's orbit on a permanent equidistant path so she never accidentally raises it too close again."

"Truly a fascinating feat of magic," Twilight impatiently added. "I really have to go now Starlight, I just need to port to her and see what is happening." She activated her horn for a split second before being interrupted again.

"Wait!" Starlight put out her hoof.

Twilight grunted as she stopped once again. "What is it?"

"Just keep an eye on the temperature. If you teleport in anything above 110, you risk disfigurement, missing parts, and/or death — depending on the heat difference beyond 110.

She facepalmed, "Then I need to leave now, before it gets too hot. Goodbye, Starlight."

"Good luck."

"Thanks," Twilight then waved and teleported.


She teleported into the throne room, but it was devoid of life.

"Princess Celestia! Where are you? I need to talk to you!" she shouted while swinging her head in the direction of every doorway.

Her calls echoed around the empty halls with no reply. The throne room was empty, and so were the meeting room, dining room, and ballroom. Not even a royal guard or cleaning pony in sight, it was desolate. Twilight was beginning to worry that Celestia has been hurt or kidnapped, more reasons why the sun could be threatening all life.

Finally, she caught a glimpse of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna in the gardens. "Phew, she is okay," Twilight internally confirmed with a pleased sigh.

"Celestia!" Twilight blurted out with a tone of celebration upon finding her. "Luna! You're here too, good."

Celestia turned around relieved, "Twilight! Thank Me, I am delighted you decided to come."

. . .

PreviousChapters Next