• Published 18th Mar 2023
  • 1,414 Views, 47 Comments

Supernova - Incredible_E



Choose Your Own Adventure: Time is running out for everything you know and love. Equus will meet its demise soon... or will it?

  • ...
1
 47
 1,414

PreviousChapters Next
51

"I'll start with the . . . the . . . Unabridged History of Amulets to see if there is one that can help."

She looked carefully across the alphabetically-organized history books, of which every alphabetical letter was organized by its historical relevance. Due to her impeccable organizational skills, Twilight located the desired book with ease.

She immediately took the book and opened it, "This could be helpful, I just need to find an amulet that deals with the sun."

Twilight flipped through the book of amulets, quickly scanning each page. "There it is!" she said excitedly, finding the section covering solar amulets. "Brightness . . . no, that won't help. Resistance . . . ugh, not that either. That is too small of a scale as well. Temperature . . . but the sun is also expanding, so this won't do. This is also too small a scale. Ah hah!" Twilight shouted excitedly, finding something of interest. "Protection!"

She translated the text from Pony Latin while reading:


The Solar Amulet of Protective Amplification

A sketch of the amulet as described by Princess Celestia. Circa Celestial Epoch 613.

This amulet boosts the power and scale of any protective spell that requires a physical medium and directs it at the sun. First created six-hundred-thirteen years after Princess Celestia's reign began. It existed for just a few minutes before bursting into flames and diminishing into mere embers upon use.

The Princess and Wizard of Canterlot attempted to recreate the amulet after its destruction but found no success. The joined pieces simply fell apart after assembly.

The Solar Amulet of Protective Amplification can only be crafted by a minimum of two magic-wielding entities. One or more must enchant the amulet with a chosen spell while one or more keep it stable during enchantment. Inferno Crystals, Gold, and Ruby are required to forge this amulet.


Twilight thought aloud, "Circa 613? That was five hundred years ago. That is oddly specific timing for this solar issue to appear."

She struggled to catch her breath. It was red and extremely hot in the castle, it was practically an oven more than a building now. The thermometer Starlight had was maxed out at two hundred ten degrees.

"I have to—" she couldn't get any more words out. Her vision was doubled and blurry, but not enough to prevent her from witnessing the sun taking over the Equestrian sky.

"No . . ." Twilight murmured to herself before falling to the floor.

As she fell, so did the planet.

Author's Note:

Unique Ending 3 of 32 - "Your Ashes Would Make A Nice Amulet."

Ending 1 of 10 - Died Alone in the Castle


Try Again from the Beginning?

Go Back One?


[All links stay within FimFiction]

PreviousChapters Next