• Published 18th Mar 2023
  • 1,414 Views, 47 Comments

Supernova - Incredible_E



Choose Your Own Adventure: Time is running out for everything you know and love. Equus will meet its demise soon... or will it?

  • ...
1
 47
 1,414

PreviousChapters Next
16

"What to read first," she thought to herself while scanning hundreds of books. "I'll start with the Unabridged History of Amulets to see if there is one that can help."

Twilight walked to the amulet section of her castle's library. She looked carefully across the alphabetically-organized amulet books, of which every alphabetical letter was organized by its historical relevance. Due to her impeccable organizational skills, Twilight located the desired book with ease.

She immediately took the book and opened it. "This could be helpful, I just need to find an amulet that deals with the sun."

Twilight flipped through the book of amulets, quickly scanning each page. "There it is!" she said excitedly, finding the section covering solar amulets. "Brightness . . . no, that won't help. Resistance . . . ugh, not that either. That is too small of a scale as well. Temperature . . . but the sun is also expanding, so this won't do. This is also too small a scale. Ah hah!" Twilight shouted excitedly, finding something of interest. "Protection!"

She translated the text from Pony Latin:


The Solar Amulet of Protective Amplification

A sketch of the amulet as described by Princess Celestia. Circa Celestial epoch 613.

This amulet boosts the power and scale of any protective spell that requires a physical medium and directs it at the sun. First created six-hundred-thirteen years after Princess Celestia's reign began. It existed for just a few minutes before bursting into flames and diminishing into mere embers upon use.

The Princess and Wizard of Canterlot attempted to recreate the amulet after its destruction but found no success. The joined pieces simply fell apart after assembly.

The Solar Amulet of Protective Amplification can only be crafted by a minimum of two magic-wielding entities. One or more must enchant the amulet with a chosen spell while one or more keep it stable during enchantment. Inferno Crystals, Gold, and Ruby are required to forge this amulet.


Twilight thought aloud, "Circa 613? That was 500 years ago. That is oddly specific timing for this solar issue to appear."

Starlight entered the library. "Hey, Twilight. I didn't see you at breakfast. Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, I'm just doing some research."

"What about?" Starlight walked to Twilight to glance at what book she is reading.

"I'm reading about an amulet that enhances protection spells, specifically for solar events."

"Because it is strangely hot today? The thermometer at the door says it is 90 degrees outside."

Twilight looked worriedly at Starlight, who returned a glance in the form of concern. "What is it, Twilight?"

"Right now, the sun may be trying to kill us all."

Starlight gasped in shock. "Well, what should we do?"

Twilight responded,

PreviousChapters Next