• Published 18th Mar 2023
  • 1,366 Views, 47 Comments

Supernova - Incredible_E



Choose Your Own Adventure: Time is running out for everything you know and love. Equus will meet its demise soon... or will it?

  • ...
1
 47
 1,366

Chapters Next
Wake Up Call

"Thank you for the comics, Cheerilee. Spike will enjoy these." Twilight put them in her saddlebag, swapping them with a few books of her own. "For my exchange, I brought you some old books I read as a filly. I hope the school ponies will enjoy them as much as I did."

Cheerilee placed the books on a bookshelf. "I'm sure they will. They always enjoy new books the moment they arrive. I hope the comics will be alright for Spike."

"If there are superheroes in it, I know he will love it," she showed a warm smile. "Thank you again, Cheerilee. Have a good day!"

"You too, Princess Twilight."

She left the schoolhouse after waving Cheerilee goodbye. Next on her chores for today was grocery shopping. The warm summer day made the trip to the marketplace acceptable, but she would rather be inside. A few bits spent at various stands gave Twilight the food she wanted for the week ahead. She saved the best food stand for last.

"Selling a lot of apples today, Applejack?" Twilight beamed hopefully.

Applejack, happy to see Twilight, tipped her hat. "Well, how do ya do, Twilight? The apples are sell'n good today."

"Good! Nothing like a fresh apple on a summer day, huh," they giggled together.

High-pitched nasal shouting came from behind them and grabbed Twilight's undivided attention. When she turned her head, Screwball caught her eye, holding up a sign with a sloppily drawn sun — it was still dripping wet.

While Twilight was staring at the sign, Applejack weighed in. "Yep, she's been out here all day. Shout'n that it's the end of the world, and the sun hav'n to do with it."

Twilight turned back around, "You are here more than I am. Does she do this often?"

"More often than not," Applejack recollected. "One time she was out here say'n that all magic is goin' to disappear in a thousand years," she snickered. "How crazy is that?"

"Well, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about," Twilight said as she completed her exchange with Applejack. "See you tomorrow, AJ!"

"Have yourself a good rest of your day."

Twilight's mind was busy contemplating the sun on the sign on her way back to the castle, wondering if there was any possibility that it could be correct. "Celestia controls the sun," she spoke to herself. "There is no way the sun would be the end of it all. Princess Celestia would never allow it to happen." She shook her head, dismissing the thought as baseless and silly.

"Spike! I'm back!" Twilight shouted into the large halls of her castle. She saw Spike poke his head out of his room. He sprinted toward Twilight, who presented the comics to him as if they were on a golden platter.

Spike's face lit up, "Aw yeah! I can't wait to read these after I get back tomorrow, thanks!"

"Back from where?" Twilight asked curiously.

"I'm going to hang out with Gabby. I thought I told you yesterday?"

Twilight rubbed her head, "Heheh, I think I did it again. I was into my reading so much that I fazed you out. Sorry about that."

Spike hugged Twilight's foreleg, "It's alright, thanks again," and then darted into his room with the comics, leaving a Spike-shaped cloud behind him.

The remainder of the day was peaceful. Gabby picked up Spike, Twilight caught up on her fiction book, then practiced magic with Starlight. Eventually, Celestia lowered the sun to retire the day while Luna raised the moon to welcome the night.



Twilight did not dream this night, nor did she have a nightmare, but instead witnessed something unfold.

It began like any other dream, calm and ordinary. Twilight stood outside the library of her dreams, filled with every book ever created. A book flew toward her, one she subconsciously wanted to read. That was the last moment of normality. When the book landed in her hooves, it burst into flames and its ashes fell to the floor. She looked up, witnessing every other flying book disintegrate into ash in mid-air. Then, every book on the colossal bookshelves was engulfed in flames. Their incineration began from the roof and worked downward. The roof of her massive dream library crumbled above her, revealing an empty red and orange sky. A wave of immense heat came over Twilight, causing her to instantly sweat. She looked down to wipe the sweat from her forehead and gazed back upwards. Her eyes met a ball of fire that had conquered the entire sky. Cracks formed on the library walls, starting from the top and working downwards. As the last of the walls crumbled, Twilight stood in a charred wasteland, blackened by ash and heated by flame. The fireball was growing larger by the second, finally making contact with the planet. It swept the land away as it quickly approached her. Twilight felt a wave of searing pain just before waking up.

Her eyes slowly opened, revealing the sun peaking through her window.

"Ah!"

Twilight jumped out of bed in fear of the fireball in the sky before realizing what reality she was in. She was drenched in sweat, her heart pounding while she sat on the cold floor. Having finally caught her breath, she said, ". . ."

Chapters Next