• Published 11th Jun 2022
  • 87 Views, 2 Comments

Quills and Sofa's Speedwriting Anthology - Atom Smash



A bunch of stories I have written but never before published.

  • ...
 2
 87

Monster Under the Bed

"Go back to bed sis!" Limestone yelled, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

A yell like that would have woken a normal household, but the Pie family was made from sterner stuff, or so they claimed. Four sisters shared the room, yet two slept soundly. One was shouting, and the last just timidly shaking her head.

"Nuh huh." Marble protested with the volume of a mouse. She let her long mane shield her face from the angry glare of her sister.

"Look Marble, there is no monster under your bed, just go back to sleep!"

"Nuh huh." Her more timid sister replied. There was something under her bed. Something dangerous.

"Oh for rock's sake!" Shouted Limestone and bent down to peer under the bed.

"Get out from under the bed, monster!" She demanded.

For a second nothing happened.

"See, I told you tha-" Her speech was cut off as something exploded from under the bed. Limestone's mane was blown back as a shower of confetti splattered against her face.

"Hmm." Marble hummed in that particular tone that meant 'I told you so.'

"PINKIE!" This time Limestone's voice managed to stir another sister.

"Hnnwha!" The pink sister rolled over and found herself rudely awakened by a hoof yanking her out of the bed and sending her crashing to the floor.

Pinkamena was so startled by this revelation that she entirely forgot to hit the floor and instead was left hovering a full hoof above it.

"What?" She repeated. "I was dreaming about ice cream." She locked her blue eyes on her older, and much more grumpy sister, and scowled.

"That's a stupid thing to dream about." Limestone shot back, wiping streaks of confetti from her own scowl.

"Well, it's better than eating rocks!" She floated up near the ceiling, grabbing her pillow on the way.

This only seemed to infuriate Limestone "Is not!" She shouted back, picking up a pillow and throwing it at Pinke.

The flying earth pony deftly caught the projectile, and was suddenly holding all the pillows in the room.

"Why you always got to be so weird!" Limestone yelled in impotent rage as she found herself bereft of ammunition.

However, the loss of a pillow, and subsequent drop of a couple of inches had stirred the fourth sister.

The other three held their breaths as the heaviest sleeper opened her eyes and locked them all with her deadpan glare.

"Limestone, shut up. Pinke, stop breaking the laws of physics, they are there for a reason." As the pink sister crashed to the floor, landing softly on her impromptu cloud of pillows, Maud finally turned her eyes to Marble. "It's just a type 2 Boogeymare under your bed, it's perfectly safe to sleep on top of, you are too big for it to eat."

With that said she rolled over and was fast asleep.

The three sisters looked at each other and shrugged.

"I'll get the rockhammer." Limestone replied and left the room

"I'll get the cannon." Pinkamena said, saluting.

"Mhm." Marble agreed, and stayed where she was.


The morning found four well rested young fillies, and for some reason a badly trampled boogeymare covered in confetti on the porch.

The end.

Author's Note:

So this was my first ever Panic, but I really enjoyed it even if it had to be very short. The prompt was: Superstition.