• Published 7th Jun 2022
  • 1,884 Views, 20 Comments

Winter Wonderful - Wildcard25



Spike and Rarity spend a winter's day out before retreating to Rarity's place when a blizzard hits

  • ...
7
 20
 1,884

Winter Lovebirds

It was winter time in the Canterlot Valley, and the students of CHS were all on their winter break. Walking along the snow covered ground in the park was Rarity the fashionista girl of Canterlot High, known for her generosity and long line of fabulous designers outfits. Walking with her was Spike Sparkle, the little brother of her friend Twilight Sparkle.

Many at CHS knew of Spike's crush on the fashionable girl, even Rarity herself. But Spike didn't care about the small age difference, even with her being a senior and him being a sophomore he was determined to show his love for Rarity was not just some school boy crush. As for Rarity, she first thought it would just be a normal crush, but after watching the lengths Spike went through to prove his love for her such as always complimenting her, assisting her with fashion supply shopping, being there when she was down. She realized he truly was in love with her, and she couldn't deny herself falling for him just the same.

When the two officially started dating, it surprised all of their friends, and yet some of them had actually been hoping it would become a thing. At first Twilight felt awkward watching her little brother date her best friend, but couldn't deny she actually hoped things would become real between them and chose not to meddle in their affairs.

The two walked through the snowy park dressed in their winter ensembles while locked arm in arm. They looked around admiring the snow fall and hit the ground and on their coats. Spike looked to his left and saw a couple of children playing in the snow with one throwing a snowball at another, who retaliated with one of their own.

Spike chuckled, as Rarity looked to him, “What's so funny?”

“Just reminiscing about the winter fun we used to have when we were all kids.” Spike answered with a tone of nostalgia in his voice.

Rarity seeing what Spike was watching smiled fondly, “Oh, yes. I remember when we'd use to make snow people and snow angels.”

“You even made sure your snow person was dressed properly.” Spike joked.

“Even snowmen need to be dressed to look their best,” Rarity countered, “I remember the one you made had a dragon touch to it.” she said slyly.

“Not all dragons breathe fire, Rarity,” Spike countered, “Dragons come in many forms, especially in elements.”

“Very true.” Rarity admitted.

“Hey, remember the snowball fight Applejack and Rainbow Dash started?”

Rarity gasped, “Yes, and part of me wishes to forget that.”

“Yeah, I admit those two really were going all out. But at least they didn't hurt anyone.” Spike reminded her.

“Maybe not physically, but you wouldn't believe how much snow got into my clothes from being hit,” Rarity shuddered, “So cold and wet.”

“Good times.” Spike said, as they walked on seeing families and children enjoying the winter weather.

“Are you sure you're warm enough, Spike?” Rarity asked curiously.

“I'm all good, Rarity. This sweater you knitted me for winter feels so cozy,” Spike answered, while motioning to the green sweater he was wearing under his jacket, “What about you? Are you warm enough?”

“Never better, sweetie. Especially since I have you right next to me for extra warmth.” Rarity winked at him, while Spike blushed remembering they were walking arm in arm.

“Right.” he replied, as they kept on walking.

They continued walking peacefully, until they noticed the sky getting darker, and a sudden gust of wind blew past them blowing heavier snow in their faces.

“Oh, confound this sudden blizzard!” Rarity cried.

“Just stay close, Rarity!” Spike ordered, as they kept their arms linked so they wouldn't get separated, “We need to get out of this blizzard and fast!”

“My house is closest, let's go!” Rarity ordered, as she led the way making sure to keep her arm locked with Spike's as they trekked through the blowing snow.


The two arrived at Rarity's where the girl reached for her house keys in her coat pocket. When she found it she unlocked the door allowing her and Spike to enter.

“Oh, it's freezing!” Spike shivered, as he and Rarity closed the door behind them.

“I'm glad we got here when we did.” Rarity said, as the two brushed the snow off each other.

Spike looked out the window seeing the snow picking up some more, “Nobody's going anywhere in this weather.”

The two removed their winter coats and hung them up, while slipping out of their boots and sat them at the vent closest to the door. Spike's phone suddenly beeped, and he checked seeing a text from his sister Twilight.

:Spike, where are you? You should've been back by now, and the weather's looking bad:

Spike texted her back.

:Sorry, Twilight, the blizzard happened so suddenly so me and Rarity hurried back to her place since it was closer:

:Well, as long as you both are safe. But there's no way you'll be able to get back home now, and mom and dad don't wanna go out in this weather:

:So it's ok I stay for the night?:

:As long as you behave yourself:

:Twilight, who do you think you're talking to?:

:Don't make me answer:

Spike pouted at Twilight's response, but decided to let it be. He looked to Rarity, “Twilight said mom and dad can't risk driving out in this weather.”

“That's unfortunate,” Rarity said, “Looks like you'll have to stay the night here.”

“Is that ok with you?” Spike asked hopefully.

“Of course, darling. What kind of a person would I be if I let someone I care about go out in this blizzard?” she asked rhetorically.

“And what about your parents?”

“Oh, they're away visiting my aunt.”

“And is Sweetie Belle here?” Spike looked around noticing it was too quiet in the house.

“She and Apple Bloom are staying at Scootaloo's today. Which is for the best since it doesn't look like they'd be able to get home either.” Rarity said remembering the weather.

“So it's just us here?” Spike asked with a blush.

“So it seems,” Rarity nodded blushing as well, “Why I don't I fetch us something to drink?”

“Ok. I'll get the fireplace started.” Spike offered.

“Thank you, Spike.” Rarity said before heading to the kitchen.


Spike went to the fireplace, reached for a match from the bowl on the fireplace mantle and lit it. Soon the logs were burning and a nice fire was lit. Spike smiled at his handiwork, and suddenly heard Rarity coming back.

The boy saw the girl he loved was carrying a tray with mugs and a bowl of mini marshmallows, “Here we go. Some hot chocolate. Perfect for a cold night. And some marshmallows to go with it.”

Spike smiled, “Rarity, I love how prepared you are.”

“I try,” she giggled, “And I see you got the fire going.”

“You know I'm a natural at making fires.” Spike boasted.

Rarity playfully put a hand to her mouth, “Spike, I had no idea you were such a pyro maniac.”

Spike looked at her dryly, “You know I'm referring to when I'd start campfires for those times we'd go out camping during the summer.”

Rarity giggled, “I know, Spike. I'm just teasing.” Spike smiled knowing this was Rarity's way of being funny.

The two teens sat down on the sofa in front of the fire place. Rarity grabbed the blanket off the sofa and draped it over them for additional comfort. The two looked at each other and blushed seeing how close they were, but brushed it off and decided to enjoy their hot chocolate.

“Mm, delicious.” Spike said, after taking a sip.

“It sure is.” Rarity agreed.

The two each took a marshmallow and dropped it into their drinks, before taking another sip. Rarity grabbed another marshmallow, until she looked at Spike and smiled as an idea came to her.

“Oh, Spike.” she said sing-song.

“Yes?” Spike asked, as he looked at Rarity who was holding the marshmallow out to him.

“Open wide, dear. Ah!”

Spike going along with it opened his mouth allowing Rarity to feed him the marshmallow. Spike chewed it up and swallowed it, “Nice and fluffy. Just like you.” he winked.

Rarity looked away feeling flushed, “Oh, Spike, you flatterer.”

“I try.” Spike said mimicking Rarity making her feel more flustered.

Spike getting the same idea as Rarity took a little marshmallow and offered it to her. Rarity seeing this opened her mouth allowing Spike to feed the tasty treat to her. The two gave each other a warm smile and relaxed closely on the couch while looking at the flames of the fireplace dance.

“This is my kind of night.” Spike said.

“How so?” Rarity asked.

“Nice and cozy inside by a roaring fire next to someone special.” Rarity smiled happily as she held Spike's hand.

“I feel the same way.”

“And I know these moments won't happen too much by next year,” Spike sighed, “You, my sister, and the rest of the girls will already be going off to college and I'll just be here myself.”

Rarity looked to Spike seeing how dismal he looked. While it's true Rarity and her friends would be graduating when the final semester finishes, Spike would still be attending CHS with the rest of his friends and the students who still had another year or so before they graduate.

“And who knows what'll happen while you're away. If you might meet somebody else while you're at college. The thought of it just scares me so much.” Spike said resisting the urge to cry, until he was embraced by Rarity, “Rarity?”

“Spike, nothing will happen between us. No matter what the distance is, we'll always have each other. Because I love you, Spikey-Wikey.” Rarity said raising her head up to look at Spike.

“Oh, Rarity. I love you too.” Spike smiled, as they held hands and leaned in before kissing.

The two kissed before the flames glow feeling their love for each other would carry them to great lengths and beyond.

When they parted they gazed lovingly at each other before snuggling up closer under the blanket, “Rarity?” Spike asked.

“Mm, yes, darling.”

“Thank you for being part of my life.”

Rarity reached over and kissed Spike's cheek, “You're welcome darling.”

“You know. What're the chances this whole blizzard happened as a means of getting us closer together?” Spike questioned.

Rarity giggled, “I'd say the cosmos love playing matchmaker.” Spike chuckled as they rested against one another.

The two eventually fell asleep in each others embrace knowing they would have each other always.

Comments ( 20 )

Now that's wholesome!

It's a pity that it's not Christmas, otherwise I'd be listening to a Christmas jingle while reading this.

But seriously, great work, Wildcard! Rarity's a girl worth fighting for and Spike's one lucky dude!

11265127
Thank you so much

Short, but EXTREMELY sweet! An imaginary match made in Heaven!

now this is sweet. i hope it won't give me a cavity.

I heard Christmas in July but not Christmas in June. Ah well, good oneshot regardless Wildcard. :twilightsmile:

This romantic Sparity short is just as great as your last one. And I find them both to be some of the absolute best underage stories you’ve created.
Don’t let no one tell ya any different Wild boy.

This was such a wholesome one shot. I will never get tired of Sparity stories, and yours are no exception, Wildcard.

11265127
Who says you can’t? Go ahead and play that Christmas music, brother!

11265171
Honestly, that’s probably the ideal time for a pseudo-Christmas, it’s the true halfway point between Christmases.

I can already tell I am going to like this story.
I will put and EDIT COMMENT below this.

AFTER READING:
Yup, I definitely enjoyed it. It was sweet like a marshmallow.

What a cute story

Stares at comments
Looks like someone was so touched by the story that it affected his mind and assumed the Thumbs Down was the Thumbs Up.

Like this comment... soonish...

:ajbemused: College ? What a bunch of highbrow hogwash , I'm going to trade school
:rainbowkiss: I'm going Air Force! Thumb down this loser!
:pinkiehappy: I'm already working with the Cakes!
:flutterrage: I'm doing Veterinary stuff as it is...
:raritywink: Spike and I have our plans [GOVERNMENT EMPLOYMENT] City Beautification Department Darling
:twilightblush: How would you two know?
:moustache: Remember our trip to Las Pegasus?
:twilightsmile: Yea It was great until you two were lost...
:moustache: Lost? We went to the Walk Through Elvis Wedding Chapel and won a million bucks:derpytongue2:
:twilightoops: It was a Chapel and not the stage show???
:duck: Details Darling Details
:trollestia: That's my little nephew Spike,,, Thinking ahead :facehoof:
:trixieshiftright: Trixie sees you "The red thumb upthebutter button pusher!" - "Be gone you, you"...

11265532
:moustache: Well what do ya know, It got you too
:duck: Indeed Precious Scales, Quite unfashionable for winter designs...
:facehoof:

I love it, as a Sparity shipper, this became a favorite. Well done, Wild, and can't wait for more Spike and Rarity stuff in the future.

PPEF1 #18 · Jun 8th, 2022 · · 1 ·

I was also gonna do a fic based off one of his pieces. just didn't know how i was gonna write it

Wow! I just read this and I love it! Can’t believe it all came cause of one of my EG Sparity Fan-Arts, you did great! ^^

11332245
Coming from you that means so much. And you made plenty of Sparity images that could lead to so many other story scenarios

Login or register to comment