• Published 17th Sep 2012
  • 4,017 Views, 50 Comments

Goodnight, Everypony! - Hot Blooded Hero



After years of bad television, the Warner Siblings find a safe haven in a little girl's cartoon.

  • ...
4
 50
 4,017

The Long Awaited Chapter Two

Disclaimer: After what I wrote in this, I think it’s necessary that I have to say that The Warners do, in fact, still belong to the Warner Bros. I might as well also say that Friendship is Magic belongs to Lauren Faust, and Doctor Who belongs to the BBC.


The magic that permeates throughout Equestria is meant to provide every creature across the land logic breaking convenience in order to solve small show-stopping problems and maximize entertainment opportunities as well as keeping the world going as the script was written. This is why Ponies can sometimes hold things with their hooves, while at other times have to hold things with their mouths. It can also give Ponies a few moments of wall-breaking knowledge for the sake of a joke.

This was one of the reasons why Lauren Faust decided to have the show’s set be an entire world in a pocket dimension located somewhere within Studio B.

Faust knew that she would have to deal with a nation-sized cast of handless quadrupeds, so she decided to experiment with some of the set creators to design a set that could bend around a mass population of Toons without causing destruction to the studio. This world also had to have it’s own celestial bodies which could be controlled because of the show’s plot, hence why the world needed to be in a pocket dimension.

But it’s because of the set being it’s own world was why the inhabitants of Equestria had to be kept in the dark about their existence as Toons, outside of the few moments of knowledge they would gain, courtesy of the writers.

So, in short, it’s the magic that follows the script, which in turn influences the Toons, rather than the other way around.

However, there are several beings in Equestria that have knowledge of the world outside of the world, which inverts the process of magic for them. For these beings, instead of the order going script, magic, Toon, it goes Toon, magic, script. The only beings who can do this are Pinkie Pie, The newly-arrived, no-longer Warners, and a Toon version of The Doctor turned Pony, who usually chooses to stay far away from the plot for fear of lawsuits from the BBC.

An exception to both of these orders would be Discord, because he’s actually evil and you’d have to be insane to want to give him power over the script. For him it goes script, Discord, magic, Toon.

Pinkie had finished sharing this information with the trio of non-pony Toons as they headed away from the square of still-completely-stunned ponies and to Pinkie’s workplace/home, Sugarcube Corner. They tried to continue the party, but it was obvious that Pinkie’s largest and most blatant disregard for normal physics done in public had nearly broken every mind that had the misfortune to watch it.

“Or you just needed a plot device that would move us away from the party,” Pinkie said, smirking at me.

Well, yeah. It could’ve been that.

Either way, Pinkie decided that they just needed some time to rest before their brains could reboot. So, Pinkie decided to get the three children settled in at a temporary guest room in Sugarcube Corner. On the way, the siblings had asked to know more about the set, considering they were going to live there, and she happily gave them the information that was normally classified to any other Equestrian.

“A civilized, governed Toon world. It’s what every animator has dreamed of,” Yakko said with awe in his voice.

“Yup, and ol’ Faustie was the first to do it,” Pinkie said with pride. “Shame that they still made her a supervising consultant now instead of working with us full-time, though. She had sooooo many great ideas!”

“So, when’s season 3 starting, Aunt Party?” Wakko asked.

“Ohhh... Weeeeell... The season’s actually passed its ninth episode already.”

“What?!” Dot exclaimed. “How could we miss that! We’ve only been here for a five minutes!”

“Blame Abyx.” Pinkie then turned to me. Wait, what? “You heard me.”

Hey, I thought we already cleared this up with the Hearth’s Warming Special. You even supported me when I felt sincerely sorry.

“Yes, and now you’re feeling better. And since you got your readers to not berate you for your delay, I’ll do it for the-”

“Wait, he made us miss nine episodes!?” Dot looked livid. Oh God, someone help me- “YOU LAZY *censored*! I’LL MAKE SURE YOU MISS THE FINALE WHEN I’M DONE WITH YOU, YOU *censored* *censored* PIECE OF *ceeeeennnnnnssssoooorrrreeeeed* STUFFED IN A *censored* *censored* BUCKET WITHOUT GREASE OR A SPOON!”

*Sobbing* I’m sorry! I’ll make it up to you-

“SORRY DOESN’T EVEN MAKE UP FO-”

“Dot, stop!” Yakko- *Sniff* Yakko s-shouted, h-halting her s-sister. “He was busy, remember? You know, real life?”

“Well, yeah. But still, nine episodes! We missed nine episodes of Ponies! And I know that all of his time wasn’t spent on schoolwork.”

W-well, *sniff* I-I couldn’t really figure out what to do after the last chapter-

“You seem to be doing fine right now.”

That’s only because my writing block is gone, now that I have an extended break.

“You also had Thanksgiving.”

Two weeks is minimum for extended.

“Sure it is.”

“Look, can you just apologize for screaming at him so we can move on?” Yakko interjected impatiently. “Nice alliteration.” Thanks.

“Bu-but why do I have to apologize?!”

“You mean for reasons other than making him cry?” Yakko deadpanned.

“Exactly!”

“Dot, apologize.”

“Bu- He- Di- Urgh! Fine.” Dot turned to me. Don’t ask me how I know that with text, I just do. “I’m sorry for reducing you to a quivering wreck,” she gritted out.

It’s fine. I’m sorry for being lazy. I’ll try to keep you updated on episodes from now on.

“See, he’s trying,” Yakko said. “Besides, you brought the travel laptop, didn’t you?”

“...Yes.”

“Then what’s the problem? I’m sure we can pick up some of Studio B’s wifi from here. Can’t we, Pinkie?”

“Sure! I don’t get any problems with it,” Pinkie replied. And with that, the four strolled off to Sugarcube Corner to prepare for the next scene.


Back at Warner Bros. Studios, Thaddeus Plotz, Otto Scratchnsniff, and Hello Nurse were discussing the recent leave of the no-longer-Warners.

“Cha-cha-cha-cha-cha, hey! Cha-cha-cha-cha-cha, hey! Cha-cha-cha-”

...Er, well. Anyway, the speaker on the CEO’s desk let out a tone before his scelectar- uh, secretary, Marie’s voice came from it. “Mr. Plotz? We have someone from The Hub on line 4. They wish to speak with you about The Warners-”

Plotz rushed away from the conga line to cut off his assistant. “Tell them they can have them and anything that has to do with them! Heck, they can even keep their names for all I care! We’re finally, legally rid of them, haha!”

“Yes, sir.” Marie then switched lines over to the Hub consultant. “He said that we’ve relinquished all property over them and anything to do with them. You can keep them as common source or claim them as bought property. Either way, you’re free to use them as you wish.”

The Hub consultant (we’ll call him Rob) scratched his head in confusion. “Really? Just like that? I’d assume that he’d want them back, considering the success that they’ve brought him in the cartoon department.”

“Well, yes, but their contract for that actually ran out years ago, and saying they’re a handful to look after is an understatement. It’s a wonder why we’ve kept them here for so long without noticing.” Marie then looked around before whispering conspiratorially, “Personally, I think it’s because Plotz has a soft spot for the-”

The doors to Thaddeus’ office burst open- “Don’t you even imply that I ever liked those kids, Ms. Susan!” -before shutting again.

Rob chuckled and leaned back into his seat. “Well, if containment was a problem before, I don’t think it will be now, considering their new set.” He then thought of something before he was prepared to hang up. “Hmm, you said ‘anything to do with them,’ right? Do you think we could get a copy of all of the Animaniacs episodes? We might as well put those back on the air if no one is using them.”

Marie nodded, then turned to her office computer. “Sure, I could send a copy of those right over, and good luck with the Warners.”

Rob chuckled again. “Alright. Thank you, Ms. Susan.” He cut off the line to Warner Studios and brought up another. “Mr. Stephenson? Yes, I’m back... Look, we don’t need Matt Smith, and we don’t even need Tennant. We just need the rights to the character. We already have a Toon that could play the part... I’m sure we can work that out with the writers... Well, sure we could, but the fans are a bit expectant. Plus, Lauren’s a bit of a fan as well... Thank you... Yes, thank you so much.” Rob hung up, then stood, pumping his fist in the air. “Yes! We got him!”

Several Whovians nearby cheered.


Pinkie and the once-again Warners were entering the baking establishment that was their destination when Pinkie called out, “Mr. and Mrs. Cake! My nephews and niece are going to be staying here for a bit while they get settled into Ponyville, is that alright?” She apparently paid no heed to the stares that she and her relatives were getting from the customers still there.

Mrs. Cake was walking downstairs, carrying Pumpkin and Pound on her back. “Oh, I didn’t know you were an aunt, Pinkie. Who are the-” She stopped when she finally took notice of the four. “Uh, Pinkie? Are these your... relatives?”

Pinkie giggled. “Of course they are, silly. Who else would they be?”

Cup nervously scratched behind her neck. “Well... It’s just... They aren’t Ponies.”

“Oh, right! That’s because they’re Toons!”

“Then how are they related to you?”

“That’s easy! I’m-” She abruptly paused. She completely forgot to tell everyone! Ever since her Pinkie Sense told her about the Warners coming, she had been too busy to tell anyone else about her true Toon heritage. She had meant to tell someone sooner, she truly did, but no one would believe her until today and she completely forgot! Suddenly, a distraction!

Wakko had taken notice of the foals and appeared next to them. “Aww. What are the little scamps’ names?”

Cup jumped a bit in surprise when she heard Wakko’s voice suddenly next to him. “Er, uh, the unicorn is Pumpkin and the pegasus is Pound.”

“They’re so adorable.” The foals giggled when Wakko ruffled their hair a bit, and he laughed as well when Pound grabbed his nose and honked it. He pulled off and faced them both. “Watch the Gookie!”

Cup’s face distorted a bit in slight disgust at Wakko’s infamous “Gookie”, but the foals seemed to be enjoying it, so she couldn’t complain. “Uh, so... What are your names, anyway?”

Wakko slid over to his siblings as Yakko named them off. “I’m Yakko, he’s Wakko, and she’s-”

“Princess Angelina Contessa Louisa Francesca Banana Fanna Bo Besca the Third,” Dot interrupted.

Yakko looked at her, slightly bemused. “...Or you can call her Dot.”

“Call me Dotty and you’ll die.”

“Yup, do that and you’re dead. Anyway, we’re the Warner Brothers!”

“And Warner Sister!”

There was a bit of an awkward silence (just a small bit, nothing too serious), before Pinkie broke it (don’t worry, it was quick and painless), “So, can they stay?”

Cup sighed, then gave a warm smile to Pinkie. “I don’t see why not. If they are relatives, then I guess we could spare some room while they get settled into town. You said they’re moving here?”

Yakko answered for her. “Yes, we are. We’ve heard so much about this wonderful town and decided to move here to get away from it all.”

“Oh, that’s nice. Where were you from, originally?”

Yakko blinked. “Pardon?”

“I said, where did you move here from?”

“Burbank, Cali- Oof!” Wakko replied before getting elbowed by Yakko. Yakko ignored his glare.

“Burbank? I’ve never heard of that place before.”

Yakko’s eyes darted around. “Uhhhhhhhhhh, we’re foreigners? From, uh... ”

“South!”“West!” Dot and Wakko blurted out.

“The Southwest! Yep, the metropolis of Burbank in the sunny Southwest. Very hot and crowded there. We came here to catch some of the Northwestern Amer- er, Equestrian nature and feel of Ponyville.”

The married baker blinked. “But we’re in the Midwest.”

“Uh, I’m talking about relative to our old home. To us, all of Equestria is Northwest, since we’re from the Southwest.”

“But how does-”

Yakko cut her off and hugged Pinkie. “And since our only aunt in Equestria is staying here in Ponyville, we thought we would stay here with family.” He finished off his act with a broad grin, encouraging the others to join the hug and grin as well.

“Oh, well that makes sense, I suppose. Wait, doesn’t Pinkie have relatives in-”

Pinkie cut her off this time with a Pinkie Sense combo of itchy neck, ticklish knee, and chattering teeth. Her eyes then grew wide as she pushed the three siblings upstairs. “WellitsbeennicetalkingbutIreallythinkweshouldgetthesethreesettleddon’tyouokaygreatbye!”

Cup tried to respond, but as soon as the door to Pinkie’s room slammed shut, the store entrance slammed open, revealing a very red and steaming Twilight Sparkle. Those who knew of what usually ensued when Twilight was furious wisely fled the establishment, while those who weren’t so enlightened simply shrunk into their seats and trembled.

Twilight stomped in and shouted to the owner of the establishment (although everyone winced as if it was directed at them personally, and felt as if they should apologize to Celestia for whatever horrible things they’ve done in the past), “WHERE ARE THEY!

Cup, Pound, and Pumpkin pointed their trembling hooves upstairs to Pinkie’s room, as they assumed that the inhabitants of that room was who she was after. She stormed up the room like an unstoppable force of nature, on a mission to punish whoever dared to mess with her understanding of the universe so carelessly and set them straight.

Once the Current Horned Purple Deity of Fear had disappeared from mortal sight, the remaining patrons of the the shop fled as they should have since she entered. The foals gripped onto their mother’s back with fear as she stumbled back to the kitchen. They didn't even cry for fear of attracting her back with their tears.

Carrot Cake rushed to her as soon as he noticed her and the foals’ state. “Dear, what happened!? I felt an odd feeling of insignificance a few moments ago!”

Cup, after a few moments hesitation, spoke. “A bleak blanket of rage and darkness has spread over us this day. Even the gods tremble at the strong, albeit temporary curse put upon us, for they know that even they may not stop it.”

Carrot blinked. Twice. “What?”

“Twilight Sparkle is very angry.”

“Oh.” Carrot's pupils then shrunk to pinpricks. “Oh... no.”

Let it be known that thou shalt never break Twilight’s brain through logic defiance without consequence. Heck, even I’m scared now.

A/N: Happy 2013 Day! We’re alive to live another year! Another year of possibilities which I hope that you all take advantage of. I’m sure I probably won’t! Unless I do by some miracle. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, for I certainly enjoyed writing it. If you look closely at it, you’ll actually notice some plot! I also meant to put this out yesterday, but my laptop screwed me over big time. And maybe I won’t slack off on anymore chapters because I now have story motivation.

Ha, that’s a laugh!

Don’t encourage me. I’m very exhausted, and could use a break.

I’m sorry.

It’s alright. And with that, a title-inserting send off: Goodnight, Everypony!

Comments ( 16 )

You can end it here, but you better pick up soon.

So only Pinkie, Discord, and the Doctor know the truth about everything. Will the princesses or Pinkies friends find out the truth? How will deal with the fact their Toon's if they do? Will any other characters from the Animaniacs show up? I'm hoping at least two certain mice appear.

Gee Brain what are we going to do tonight? The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over Equestria.

1886694 Now why would I want to end it with such a perfect start.

1886709 Not until eventually. That's a secret. And they most certainly will, possibly in a chapter or two.

I haven't read it yet, but is there a Mr Plotz joke in here anywhere?

Please sir, I want some more. :fluttershysad:

Oh jeez, I am reeeeeaally tempted to read this but I see that it hasn't been updated for so long. If I start now I'll probably want moar and I wont get moar.

Omg two of my favorite shows, and I just found out that Animaniacs is on the hub. I am the happiest man alive. Please I know it's been so long since you've updated but for the sake of my sanity write another chapter.

some one know where i can see the animaniacs on internet? if so give me the link to the page, thank you………….. And when its going to arrive the next chapter, mi diyin to know whats gonna happen whit pinkie and the warners.

4792417 Just Youtube it. Seasons 1-3 should still be on there, but not 4 because it was never released on DVD. Also, this might not get updated for quite a bit because my hands are tied since one of my friends only now discovered anime, visual novels, and a mass archive of hentai, so I'm trying to steer him away from the weaboos lest he get annoying. That and a recent story I'm still hung up with plus fatigue and lack of direction on where to go with this one means it'll be on the back-burner for a bit.

4847418 I know you're anxious, but I'd like to divert your attention the comment above. I'm sorry.

Login or register to comment