• Published 5th Aug 2022
  • 998 Views, 22 Comments

EQG: Magical Adventures in Hogwarts: 1st Year - Dalek-Galvo

  • ...
7
 22
 998

Chapter 1: Welcome to Slytherin, orientation commences

As Sunset Shimmer, The Dazzlings, and the rest of the Slytherin First Years followed Slytherin Prefect Neighsay into the Hogwarts Dungeon and the Slytherin Common Room, Neighsay told all the first years to gather around, as he wanted to give them all a proper Slytherin welcome.

"Welcome first year," Neighsay said. "I am Neighsay, the Prefect of Slytherin House, and I would like to welcome you all to our common room."
"Our emblem and symbol is the serpent, the most cunning and wise of creatures, and our colors are green and silver," Neighsay stated. "Because of this, you will have the traditional green Slytherin robes to represent our great house."

Neighsay then gave each of the first years a Slytherin robe.

"The Sorting Hat chose you to become Slytherin because you have traits of determination, ambition, cleverness, and resourcefulness," Neighsay said. Let's hope that these traits will help your fellow housemates succeed."

Neighsay then saw Sunset and approached her.

"You're Sunset Shimmer, correct?" Neighsay asked.

"Yes, that's my name," Sunset said with a look of shyness.

"I knew it was true; you have come to Hogwarts, just as your mother did before you and your grandmother and grandfather before her," Neighsay stated.

"The Shimmer Family are some of many families to be comprised entirely of Slytherins—well, on your mother's side of the family, of course," Neighsay said.

"Now, back to business," Neighsay said. "As you have seen, our house lies in the same area of ground as the Hogwarts Dungeon, and all the windows look down into the depths of Hogwarts Lake, as you may see the Giant Squid pass by from time to time and other interesting underwater creatures."

"Now there are some things about Slytherin that should be remembered by all of you, and some things that should be forgotten," Neighsay retorted. "Now, let's get rid of some skeletons that have been hidden in our house's "closet."

"I guess that all of you have heard about some rumors about Slytherin, that we practice only the dark arts and will only communicate if your relative is a famous wizard and all that pish-posh," Neighsay retorted. "I'll give you all a good word of advice: don't believe everything that you hear from any of the competing houses."

"Now, I'm not trying to deny that Slytherin has not had their fair share of dark wizards, but so have the other three houses, even though they don't like to admit that," Neighsay sneered a little under his breath.

"And yes, we do have those who come from a long line of witches and wizards, but we also have those who do have muggle parents," Neighsay stated.

"For anyone who doesn't believe that wizards and witches of Slytherin could ever be good, here's a little fun fact," Neighsay retorted. "Did anyone know that the heroic wizard Merlin was a Slytherin?" Neighsay said, which left many students in shock and surprise.

"For now, I must ask, do you all want to follow in Merlin's footsteps, or do you just want to sit on a desk and do leisurely work like the Ex-Hufflepuff Eglantine Puffett, who invented the self-soaping dishwasher," Neighsay asked, in which all the first-year-year students shook their heads no. "I didn't think so."

"Now that's enough of what we're not; let's talk about what we are now," Neighsay said. We are the most the most cunning and competitive house in Hogwarts, well,, other than Gryffindor. They say the Slytherin and Gryffindor are like two sides of the same coin, as they are sometimes called wannabe Slytherins."

"Despite this, this doesn't mean that we'll just cozy up with any Gryffindor, as they like beating us more than we do them," Neighsay stated.

The founder of our great house was Salazar Slytherin," Neighsay said. "He was a wizard that succeeded in many spectacular events, although not all of his accomplishments were so grand, as he had a belief that only pure-blood wizards should go to Hogwarts. Time, however, has proved that belief wrong."

"Our house ghost is the bloody baron," Neighsay said. "He's friendly, well,, if you get on his good side."

"One more thing: the password to the common room's door changes every fortnight," Neighsay stated. "Because of this, everyone will need to keep a close eye on the noticeboard outside the common room."

"No one is permitted to bring students from other houses into the common room, as no outsiders have ever set foot in our doors for several centuries," Neighsay stated.

Well, that's all I have to say at the moment," Neighsay said as he concluded orientation. "I hope that you all enjoy your time spent in our common room's many dormitories."

"Each room in our dormitories has ancient four-posters with green and silver hangings, and the bedspread in each room is made with silver threads," Neighsay stated. "You'll also see archives in our many tapestries depicting the exciting quests and adventures that many Slytherins from the past will have placed there."

"I will give give you all a good word of advice; you will all be sleeping well during your stay here,, as listening to the lake water lapping against your windows at night will be very soothing for all of you," Neighsay said as orientation finally ended and all the students went to their respective dormitories.


(Meanwhile, at night)

Sunset Shimmer was on her bed in her dormitory, where Adagio Dazzle, who was her roommate, was fast asleep.

Sunset was looking outside her window as she saw many fish swimming past.

"Well, I did it; I'm finally a student att Hogwarts," Sunset said to herself. "I can't believe that this is finally happening."

"Hmm, I wonder how my first day of classes is going to go," Sunset said as she continued gazing at the calm water of the Black Lake before exhaustion finally caught up to her as she wrapped herself in the covers of her bed and finally fell asleep.


Meanwhile, in an unknown part of a graveyard, a cloaked figure was walking past all the different graves. The figure then dropped a newspaper from the daily prophet that read, "Convicted Death Eater Escapes Azkaban; Ministry of Magic is Baffled."

Next to the figure, a Muggle man with a lantern was taking her towards the graveyard.

"Is this the place?" the figure said.

"Yes, this is the graveyard; can you please let me go now?" the Muggle said.

"Yes," the cloaked woman said as she pointed her wand at the Muggle.

"AVADA KADAVRA," The cloaked woman shouted as a flash of green light came out of her wand and hit the muggle, killing him instantly.

The cloaked figure then got out her wand and pointed it up at the sky.

"MORSMORDRE," the Death-Eater bellowed as a blast of light green magic shot at the sky.

The blast of magic finally exploded, revealing the Dark Mark, the symbol of Lord Voldemort and his dark followers, which the Death-Eaters used.

The Death-Eater then took off her mask, revealing it to be Twilight Sparkle's sister, Midnight Sparkle.

Suddenly, three other death-eaters arrived on the scene.

"Welcome, my brothers," Midnight said as the other Death-Eaters took off their masks, revealing them to be Barty Crouch Jr., Lucius Malfoy, and Fenrir Greyback.

"This better be important, Midnight," Lucius retorted. "We don't want to be caught by the ministry like this."

"We won't be caught if Peter Pettigrew does his job, Malfoy," Midnight retorted back.

"I don't know why we're even doing this; Lord Voldemort is dead," Greyback snarled.

"Lord Voldemort is not dead," Midnight roared, making Fenrir Greyback roll his eyes in sarcasm. "I know he is still out there somewhere, and we must help prepare everything for our master's return to glory."

"And once he does return, he'll honor us like heroes," Midnight said, making Barty Crouch Jr. snicker devilishly.

"And what if Harry Potter comes to Hogwarts? Due to his mother's protection spell, Lord Voldemort wouldn't be able to touch him," Barty Crouch Jr. stated.

"I AM WORKING ON THAT," Midnight shrieked. "Once I get a hold of the spectrometer, then we'll see about what to do with Mr. Potter."

"I must ask, why didn't you break Bellatrix Lestrange out of Azkaban with you?" Lucius asked.

"Because Bellatrix Lestrange is a deluded lunatic who thinks that our master loves her," Midnight retorted. "Hmph, our master cares about no one but himself."

"Now we must go and prepare everything that is needed for the Dark Lord's return," Midnight said as they all turned into dark mists and vanished into the night.

Comments ( 3 )

Very nice chapter.

(Will be continued in Chapter 2: Wingardium Laviosa, The first day of Classes begins).

this line should be deleted, it adds nothing to the story.
if, and when you publish the shapter; the link will appear!

Login or register to comment