• Published 28th Nov 2022
  • 658 Views, 28 Comments

Elden Ring: The Deaths of Tirek - Blackdrag-rose



Tirek, following his defeat at the hooves of Twilight and her friends, is transported to a world unlike anything he could imagine, filled with large trees, violent creatures, and danger around every corner.

  • ...
5
 28
 658

A Little Backtracking

After dealing with the main target of the Weeping Peninsula, and claiming some power in the process, Tirek and Blaidd returned to Limgrave, as in the main part and not the area Castle Morne rested in, because there was a foe that he wanted to take down and he knew Blaidd's help was important. As such they reappeared inside the ruined church his target was just outside of, where Tirek pointed out the Tree Sentinel to his companion and explained what he knew about it, how the figure was able to move fast, his shield could repel magic if he had time to activate the ability, and his halberd was painful to be hit by. This one knight was responsible for so many of his deaths and he was annoyed with him, but now, thanks to the new powers he had gained from chatting with Sellen, the strength he had obtained from the various foes they had killed, and having Blaidd as an ally, he was sure that they could overcome the knight's defenses. Once that was done he had plans to track down the other Night's Calvary he knew about, not to mention taking the fight to that sealed knight he found over in one of the gaols, because adding three more powerful foes' power to his own might give him the edge to best Margit.

He was still a little sour over that particular loss, even though he had only faced the figure once and retreated, as he knew that fighting him multiple times with his limited power would have just resulted in the same thing happening repeatedly, so this time he was hoping for a change.

"I have another place we can check out, if you're willing to wait on killing this knight." Blaidd commented, as while he knew that the Tree Sentinel would be a tougher foe than some of the enemies they had encountered so far, at least when he thought about what he had seen so far, he suspected that the two of them could overcome it and this was just stacking the odds in Tirek's favor, "However, it'll require heading into the tomb you emerged from... I might have the keys to the wall you told me about."

Tirek raised an eyebrow before teleporting both of them down into the tomb, as he was thankful that the Grace was down there, causing Blaidd to look around the area before withdrawing two of the keys that looked to be made out of stone and in the shape of a sword. He placed them in the slots in the imp statues that were on the pedestal and Tirek watched as the wall faded away, confirming that Blaidd knew what he was doing, before the wolfen warrior beckoned for him to get on his back, where he discovered why a few seconds later. The floor on the other side of the ledge that was in front of them was covered in what looked like some foul green liquid, poison his companion told him, though Blaidd could see a few safe spots for him to jump on, hence the whole piggyback idea. Tirek didn't like the idea as much as his companion seemed to, but given that he was eager to see what the wolfen warrior was looking for he decided to go with it, though as soon as he was in position Blaidd bound down into the chamber and moved as if his life depended on it.

As he soon discovered it was possible that this might end with them dying, as Blaidd continued into a passage that had a ramp heading diagonally down into the earth and seemed to wrap around corners, with what appeared to be a metallic chariot riding up and down the path, one that might be enough to kill them. Blaidd moved as if he was possessed, likely his adrenaline coursing through his veins, as he rushed down the path as Tirek held on for dear life, finding that there were Skeletons and Spirits waiting for intruders. Fortunately some of them stepped out into the open path and got totally crushed by the Chariot, which killed them instantly as it tried to run Blaidd over, who rushed down the rest of the path as he ignored all of the enemies that were down here. He did, however, turn up a fork in the path, heading higher up while avoiding the incoming Chariot, something that stopped when it reached a certain point and went back down into the rest of the tomb, allowing Tirek to see that their target was a Spirit, one that the wolfen warrior cut down with ease.

"Here, this is what we're here for." Blaidd said, where he picked up an item that had been dropped and held it up to Tirek, who discovered that it was some sort of dragon charm, one that had some power inside it, which he took without delay and studied it for a few more seconds, "According to what I heard it's supposed to be the same as a seal, so you should be able to use that dragon spell you picked up earlier... and it also boosts their strength, or so I've heard."

Tirek added it to his arsenal of weapons as Blaidd turned around and headed down the path once more, avoiding the foul Chariot as he reached what appeared to be the end, with a small golden mist wall off to the right, where he slipped into the area and set Tirek down. Once they were ready to go the pair headed through the mist and discovered a large area that had a serpent creature made out of roots waiting for someone to bother it, though this was good for Tirek since it gave him a chance to use his new spell out. Blaidd drew it's attention off to the side as he went off to the right for a couple of seconds, though once he was ready he focused on the new power and loosed a burst of dragon flames from his mouth, striking the Tree Spirit right in the backside. Such a thing set the powerful creature on fire, where it ignored them in favor of rushing around the chamber, trying to put itself out, causing him and Blaidd to watch as it perished without doing even a single bit of damage to them, granting him more Runes and a Golden Seed.

He was still surprised by the fact that he, himself, had conjured the flames that tore into the Tree Spirit, since he was sure that the spell would have summoned an illusion of a dragon to do it for him, but, in the end, this was far better, since it meant his power was growing. With that in mind he found the teleport light out of here and Blaidd followed him back to the surface, where they waited for the elevator to return before really heading back up to the open world, though instead of attacking the Tree Sentinel instantly he warped them over to the ruined church. Like all of his previous foes Tirek made her to spend his Runes and strengthen himself further, just in case the unthinkable happened to him, though once that was done they went outside with all the haste they could muster and drew the attention of the Tree Sentinel. He was glad that Blaidd was sticking around, as he was proving to be an effective distraction for the various powerful foes that they were tracking down, though the Tree Sentinel wasn't so easily fooled as he became it's target in due time.

Fortunately he waited for his foe's back to be turned to him before loosing a burst of dragon flames at his backside, which bypassed his defenses and torched the area around the knight as Blaidd got out of the way, allowing them to take the knight down in due time.

His reward for that was the golden halberd and some Runes, though without wasting time he and Blaidd warped over to the Grace that happened to be the closest to the Night's Calvary, where they waited for a short period of time, since the world seemed to be affected by a Tarnished resting, and he spent his Runes again. Once everything was ready to go, and he confirmed that the knight was in position, they rode out and confronted it, allowing him to be reminded of the fact that it had a halberd, instead of a flail like the one that had been in the Weeping Peninsula. This one was actually weaker than the other one they had fought, as his spells seemed to do far more damage to the knight than they did to the other one, a fact he was fine with since they were able to bring him down in no time at all. With that done the pair returned to the last Grace and rested up, giving Tirek a chance to make sure he used the newly acquired Runes to empower himself further, even if it was a little bit at this point, before he decided to take a short break before doing anything else.

He wanted to take down the other knight, the one inside the gaol, but he had a feeling that even with Blaidd it would be a bad idea, so for now he decided that it was time to tackle Margit and see if he was able to progress further into the land he had been teleported to, to continue with his quest at long last.