• Published 24th May 2022
  • 3,190 Views, 245 Comments

Avenging Nightmare - Bronze Inkwell



When Nightmare Moon is sent to the MCU, will she finally get what she has longed for?

  • ...
11
 245
 3,190

Avengers Assemble: Part 3

At the death of the Leviathan, all the Chitauri paused in their attack to roar in rage at the 7 heros. Forming a circle back to back, the heros made a show of strength. Hulk, in response to their roars of rage, roared back, making their roars seem pitiful in comparison while looking up at the buildings the Chitari clinged to. Hawkeye knocked an arrow, looking up at the Chitauri as well in defiance. Thor lifted his hammer, giving it a small twirl as he did, a smirk now coming to his face. Black Widow reloaded a pistol, ready to shoot at anything with speed and precision.

Nightmare hovered between Natasha and Steve, her horn lighting up with her magic aura once more. Somehow, her glare was more terrifying than the Hulk's roar or rage, making some of the Chitauri's resolve waver. Captain America adjusted his shield while looking up at the Chitauri infested buildings. Iron Man flexed his hands, readying his repulsors as he scanned the buildings.

Above them, the portal surged as more leviathans came hurtling through, along with dozens upon dozens more of Chitauri chariots. Natasha was the first to spot this and call it out. "Guys." The others turned to look at her, then where she was looking.

"Call it Captain." Tony said, but instead of Steve answering, Nightmare did instead.

"Yes, ask the guy who survived one war, not the millennium old Alicorn who has fought in and won multiple wars." She snarked. They all had to admit, she did have a point.

"Okay, then what's your plan Moonbutt?" Tony quipped.

"Our priority is the civilians and the portal. Natasha, try and see if there is any way to stop the machine holding the portal open. Thor, try and keep the portal blocked with your lightning, keep them from coming through. Clint, get up high and spot out patterns and stragglers. Tony, keep the flyer's focus on you. Coordinate with Clint to stop any and all strafing runs they do. Cap, work with the local law enforcement to herd the civilians somewhere safe and to keep a perimeter around the battleground. Hulk… do what you do best." Nightmare said, causing the Hulk to grin at her before leaping onto a building, smashing a Chitauri soldier with his immense bulk, then back handing another into the building he was clinging onto.

Iron Man picked up Hawkeye and dropped him off high atop a building close by. Captain America leaped off the bridge, rolling off a bus and hauling ass to where he saw a group of police officers trying to get a grasp on the situation. Thor flung himself with his hammer at a steel skyscraper near the portal. Natasha climbed onto Nightmare's back, and together they headed up to Stark Tower. "You know, this is basically the sci-fi version of a little girl's dream." Natasha yelled over the wind as Nightmare blasted a chariot that had been heading for them.

"I don't know what that is, but I'm sure Stark would find it funny." Nightmare replied.

"I do. You two look like the album cover of a metal band." Stark said over the coms. Natasha let out a small laugh as Nightmare landed near the machine.

"What is an 'album'?" Nightmare asked, confused.

"We'll teach ya after this is all over." Tony replied over the coms.

"Less chit chat, more hitting the aliens." Clint said, using his arrows more freely now that he knows Nightmare could always make him some more, saving his trick arrows for the more grouped up aliens or for those forming a strafing run.

Nightmare nods, knowing full well they couldn't hear a nod. Nightmare dropped off Natasha at the machine, and immediately took off once more. Thor was doing a good job plugging the hole somewhat, but he could only put off so much lightning. Whenever the chitauri seemed stuck, the portal would open wider, thus he would need to spread out his lightning making it less effective.

"Thor, it's not working. Go help Steve protect the civilians." Nightmare says over the winds.

"Aye Miss Moon, this damned portal only grows larger." Thor responds, and Nightmare can see him fly off the skyscraper to go help Captain America. Meanwhile she set her eyes on the main prize. Flanked on all sides by an escort of Chitari, Loki did his best to try and kill as many people as possible. Nightmare Moon almost hissed, her cat-like eyes turning into daggers of malice.

"The so-called prince is mine. I'll have his head by the end of this if we somehow fail." Nightmare said to herself, fully aware the rest of the team could hear her. She began flying after the small brigade of chariots, an immediately she was spotted. The chitauri spoke in their weird tongue, and opened fire on her. Loki turned to see what they were shooting at, and he felt a bit of urine escape him at the murderous look on the alicorn's face.

She either dodged the laser blasts or dispelled them with a swipe of her scythe. In Loki's mind, she was the splitting image of the being the mortals called 'The Grim Reaper'. Loki thought he would go out many ways, but death by a horse demi-god was not one of them. Soon she was on the rear most chariot, and her scythe cut through the two chitauri on it like they were nothing.

She stuck the scythe into the chariot, and swung it so the chariot came off in just the right way that it smashed into 4 others to the left. She saw Loki staring at her, and she smirked. She then did the universal 'I've got my eyes on you' gesture. Immediately Loki tried to have the chariot he was on go faster. Nightmare cackled inside her mind, and so did Luna.

Iron Man, who was currently being chased by a trio of chariots, saw this and whistled. "Damn, that horse knows how to fight." Tony said. "I have no idea where she comes from, but I know for a fact I wouldn't want to mess with them if their princesses alone can fight like she does."

"Aye, she must come from a mighty warrior race, similar to my own. I wonder what father would think of her." Thor responded as he used his hammer to deflect a laser blast that would have hit a mother and her child as they ran into the subway.

"Hey, fight now, gawk later." Clint said with an annoyed tone as he fired another arrow into the skull of a chitauri piloting a chariot, causing it to crash into another one below it.

"You'll have plenty of time to do that once we've dealt with Loki." Said a new voice as a flying V of fighter jets roared by, strafing a group of chitauri.

"Took you long enough, Fury." Nightmare said, throwing her scythe like a razor disk, splitting a chariot in two diagonally.


"We're running on three and a half engines, cut us some slack." Nick Fury said a bit jokingly, trying to get as many fighter jets into the fight as possible. "We'll handle the perimeter, you focus on those flying whales." Fury said before Hill called out to him which could be heard over the coms, though faintly.

"Sir, the council wants to speak with you."

"Alright, you handle things here."

"Nice to have some help. Tony, you should go help Natasha figure out a way to close the portal." Nightmare said as she was only a few chariots away from Loki.

"I have copied that." Tony quipped, finishing off the last chariot that was chasing him then flying up to his tower to help Natasha.

"While you're coming here Stark, I need you to bring me a little present. Selvig's awake, and he built a fail safe into the generator. But to access it, we need the staff."

"Sweet, we should have this wrapped up by lunch then." Tony joked once more, using his scanners to locate the staff. Surprisingly, it wasn't with Loki, but on his tower's balcony. On his way though, he was barraged from the side by a large group of chariots. He could feel himself being knocked out of the sky only to suddenly halt just before hitting the ground.

"Tony, are you alright?" Nightmare asked, tapping his faceplate with a hoof gently.

"Ugh, yeah, though that hit is making my battery and the backup to drain quickly. I don't have enough energy to fly." Tony said as he tried to get up.

"Do you have any more armor to wear in your tower?" Nightmare asked.

"None that are battle ready, unfortunately. I can still help Nat though, just get me inside." Nightmare nodded and with her magic she levitated him to the entrance to his tower, and dropped him off there.

"Okay everyone, Stark is out. What's everyone's status?" Nightmare asked. She heard a grunt come from Clint.

"Bastards finally found my nest, need a new one."

"Me and the local authorities have almost got all the civilians to a safe location. Hulk and Thor are taking down the leviathans." Nightmare nodded at this.

"Alright, I'll go help Clint find a new spot. After that, I'm finding Loki and showing him the true terror of the night." Nightmare hissed out that last part as she headed to where Clint was.

"We've got bigger problems, there's a nuke heading towards the city." Fury said as Nightmare could see something large and fast heading towards Stark Tower in the distance.

"A nuke?" Nightmare asked, not liking the sound of it.

"A bomb, one that will turn the whole city into a crater." Stark said with dread.

"WHAT?! WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD ORDER SUCH A DEVICE BE USED HERE?!"

"A bunch of idiots, that's who. It will detonate in 5 minutes. I'm sorry Nightmare, it's over." Fury said, sounding resigned to their fate.

"No, I don't believe that." Nightmare said, thinking hard. She looked up at the portal and got an idea. "Actually, it might be the one thing we need to help us end it. Keep the portal open until I say so." Nightmare commanded, flying after the nuke.

"Nightmare, you aren't about to do something that I think you are, are you? If so then you know that's a one way trip."

"That's what I first thought about my trip to my moon." Nightmare said with a melancholy smile.

"... Godspeed Miss Moon. It was an honor knowing you." Fury said while hanging his head.

"Tony, Natasha, you better be ready to close it on my order."

"We will be, don't you worry about that." Tony said, sounding a little out of breath.

"Hey, when you get back, drinks are on me." Natasha said with finality. Nightmare chuckled, nodding.

"I'll hold you to that." Nightmare said, stopping in place a little before the nuke passed her. She then flew after it with everything she had. It was incredibly fast, so even she had trouble keeping up with it. Using her magic, she slowly adjusted its trajectory so it would slope up into the portal. "Almost… got it." Nightmare grunted as she flew with the nuke. Steve watched as the two passed by overhead, his breathing heavy.

Nightmare barely caught a glimpse of Tony and Natasha holding Loki's spear, aiming it at the portal generator as she sped by them with the nuke. Nightmare took a deep breath, and prepared to face her end. 'I'm so sorry sister, but hey, we always wanted to go out with a bang.' Luna and Nightmare thought together as they journeyed into the void of space.


"Huh, didn't think she had it in her." Discord said, as he shared some popcorn with The Watcher.

"Which one?" The Watcher asks the Spirit of Chaos.

"Both, actually. I never expected Luna's 'death' would be the one thing to break the pony's back, but here we are. And Nightmare Moon, sacrificing herself for the greater good? Oh, it's so chaotic that, I might actually be able to take a break and simply enjoy watching." Discord said with a smile as he took a bite out of the popcorn and the bag itself, both now made of cake.

"You'll eventually intervene, I know you will. It's in your nature. Unlike me."

"Yeah, you only intervene when an android comes to kick your ass." Strange Supreme added, holding the prism in one hand and a martini in the other. The Watcher groaned, not believing he eventually agreed to let Strange watch with them.

Author's Note:

Looks like we have a small gathering to watch the preceding. But if Discord of that universe is there, then what has happened to his statue? How has Daybreaker reacted to him? Will Nightmare be able to defeat the chitauri and make it back safely? Will Stark keep his sanity? Find out the answers to most of these in the next chapter. Until then, this is Bronze Inkwell, and I hope you've enjoyed.