• Published 24th May 2022
  • 3,134 Views, 245 Comments

Avenging Nightmare - Bronze Inkwell



When Nightmare Moon is sent to the MCU, will she finally get what she has longed for?

  • ...
11
 245
 3,134

Avengers Assemble: Part 2

When Nightmare arrived, she was there just in time to see the cube shoot a blue beam into the sky, where a massive hole began to open into what looked to be deep space. "Oh Maker." Nightmare said as she watched. Soon a swarm of aliens on space chariots come flying out of the hole. A glint of gold captures her attention, and she sees Tony, in his Iron Man Suit, flying towards the hole. They begin to fire at him but with some graceful dodges and returning fire he continues on. A number of small explosions take out a large swath of them, but more still keep coming.

Some are flying towards the street where stunned pedestrians are staring at the spectacle. Seeing this, Nightmare flies into action, putting a shield over the section of street that a number of alien chariots were planning to strafe. The people, realizing the danger, try their best to get out of the streets in a panic, heading into buildings, going into the subway, anything to escape the raining death. The Chitari are confused, wondering why their strafe didn't work.

They turn to see the black Alicorn looking at them with a scowl, and focus their attack on her. Seeing she has their attention, she smirks while closing her eyes. One… two… she could picture them speeding at her, ready to ram her. Three… now! Her body becomes a miasma as multiple lasers blast through where she had been. The Chitari, confused, flies past the miasma. The miasma then suddenly reforms into three dark pegasi, which begin a dogfight with the aliens, dark magic shooting out of their eyes to destroy the space chariots from behind.

After the ships were destroyed, the three pegasi reform into the miasma and then the miasma becomes Nightmare once more. Looking back towards Stark Tower, she sees the Quinjet get shot in one of its turbines from a different kind of laser, and if the power she felt from it was any indication, it was from Loki's staff. The Quinjet begins to crash, and Nightmare quickly springs into action, coming close to the Quinjet she envelopes it in her magic. She can see Hawkeye, Widow, and Cap looking at her in shock. Apparently they didn't think she could carry an entire Quinjet in her magic with the ease she seemed to have. Gliding down to the streets, she gently sets it down in an open space.

The large door in the back opens, and the three Avengers walk out. "Nice of you to finally show up. The aliens are targeting civilians, anything to cause as much confusion and chaos as possible. Tony and I have the sky, you three need to stop Loki, and shut down his machine." Nightmare says, and before any of them could argue or inform her that Thor was battling his brother, Nightmare flies away. The three Avengers look at each other in confusion but eventually agree to go with Nightmare's plan. The three begin to run towards Stark Tower, which wasn't too far away. But soon, they hear something which causes them to pause and look up at the portal.

A massive leviathan comes through, a roar bellowing from its open maw of huge jagged teeth. It seemed that it was being affected by gravity but right before it hit the ground, it suddenly turned and began flying above the streets of Manhattan. One of the leviathan's fins smashed through a statue, as if it was made of sand and not hard stone. As it passed by buildings, Chitari soldiers launched from the sides and latched onto the sides of buildings or crashed through windows, to start killing the people inside.

"Stark, you seeing this?" Captain America asked as he looked up at the flying space monster in disbelief, really wanting to be the only one to see such a massive alien beast of war.

"Seeing, still… working on believing. Where's Banner, has he shown up yet?" Stark asked.

"Banner?" Steve asked, thinking the scientist wasn't going to show up.

"Just keep me posted… and give Nightmare an earpiece when you next see her." Captain America nodded. The three continued to make their way over to Stark Tower, trying to avoid detection. While the two assassins were able to hide easily, the red, white, and blue suited super soldier was very easy to spot. Eventually the three stopped on top of an overpass, hiding behind a turned over Taxi.

"We got civilians-" Hawkeye began to say before he was cut off by the screech of a formation of chariots flying overhead. Cap, with his enhanced vision, saw who was in the lead one.

"Loki." Cap said as the formation began to rain down laser blasts onto civilians in the streets. Multiple explosions from cars and trucks that were hit by the lasers blinded their view of the street. "Their fish in a barrel down there." Cap had to move his head back as a laser flew right in front of his face, missing it by inches. Immediately Black Widow returned fire with her two pistols and Barton moved to take cover behind a different Taxi, grabbing his bow.

Chitari soldiers landed on the bridge, but before they could start to fire at them, Nightmare flew in between the two sides, and lifted the Chitari into the air, along with some rubble. She then crushed them all together into a large ball, with blood oozing out of the cracks. "Insects." Nightmare spat before turning to look at her teammates. "Is everyone alright?"

"Yeah, we could have handled them, but yeah." Barton said, a bit annoyed he hadn't got a chance to kill a few. Though he was thankful that he didn't have to waste his limited trick arrows.

"Good." Nightmare said, landing among them.

"We need to limit civilian casualties as much as possible. I'll try and have the police force coordinate search and rescue. Oh, and Nightmare." Cap said as he reached into a pouch before pulling out a small black device.

"This is an earpiece, it'll allow you to talk to all of us during the battle." Nightmare nodded, glad to have a way to coordinate their efforts.

"I'll try to do what I can against that flying beast, and stop what strafing runs I can. If you ever have need of me, well, you now have a way to contact me." The three nodded, and Nightmare took off once more. She began to fly after the leviathan but saw a familiar gold and crimson figure beside it. Flapping her wings a bit harder, she came up beside Iron Man.

"Any ideas on how to take it down?" Nightmare asks, Jarvis having patched her into Tony's suit.

"Uh, not really. But I think I can at least distract it." Nightmare nodded, and flew closer to the beast. She thought to fly above it, thinking it a blind spot, but soon Chitari began to fire at her in metal foxholes on top of the leviathan's back.

"Damn, they actually thought to defend it's back. While the beast has a blind spot, the soldiers on it don't. Be careful Tony." Iron Man mentally nodded, and positioned himself so as he turned a corner, he would fly past the face of the giant space whale. As he did, he launched a few flares, making it roar in annoyance and begin to fly after him.

"Alright, we got it's attention… What the hell was step 2?" Tony rhetorically asked as he led it higher into the sky, making it so it wasn't hitting buildings as much.

"Hey Nightmare, uh, could use a little help on the overpass." Nightmare heard Widow say over her com.

"On my way." Nightmare said, making her way to where she had been earlier. When she got back to the Overpass, Widow, Hawkeye, and Cap were almost overrun by Chitari. Before she could do anything however, the surrounding Chitauri were fried by bolts of lighting. Her eyes widened a bit as she saw Thor drop from the skies, landing near the other Avengers. "Well, looks like you didn't need my help after all, huh?" Nightmare said as she landed next to Thor, a smirk on her face.

"Oh, I had not realized you had called upon Madam Moon to assist thee." Thor said, not really knowing how to feel.

"We appreciate the assistance nonetheless Thor. What's the story upstairs?" Cap asks, happy for any kind of information.

"The power surrounding the cube is impenetrable." Thor said, a bit pissed.

"Thor's right, we gotta deal with these guys." Tony said as a few chariots flew past.

"How do we do this?" Widow asks, not really prepared for something like this.

"I have been in many wars. Griffons, Dragons, Minotaurs, none could withstand the might my sister and I could call upon. If you can't deactivate the device by physically removing the Tesseract, perhaps I can do it indirectly. And if that fails, make the machine destroy itself. Collapse the floor beneath the machine." Nightmare offered.

"Yeah, uh, no. Do that and we can kiss the city goodbye. With how much energy that thing is generating, the resulting explosion could turn Manhattan into a crater." Tony said through the coms.

"So our only choice is to remove the cube." Cap said before they heard the rumbling of an old motor bike pulling up behind them. To their surprise Banner is the one driving it. As he gets off, the Avengers walk toward him.

"So… this all seems… horrible." Banner says with a bit of sarcasm.

"I've seen worse." Widow deadpans.

"Sorry." Bruce said, a bit regretful.

"No, we could use a little worse."

"Stark, we got him." Cap says, not really liking how Tony somehow knew Banner would get there.

"Banner?"

"Just like you said."

"Well tell him to suit up… I'm bringing the party to you." Stark says as he turns a corner down the street, only for a massive leviathan to come hurtling after him. One of its fins smashed through the corner Tony had flown past, meaning it was gaining on the genius hero. The Avengers got into a battle ready stance while Widow and Hawkeye were just dumbfounded.

"I- I- I don't see how that's a party." Widow stuttered a little.

"Please, Discord posed a bigger threat than this wyrm." Nightmare says, not fazed in the least. All of the Avengers turned to her. "What? That thing is big, but I don't see it re-writing the laws of physics, simply because it is bored. If anything it is akin to a wingless, legless, and less magic resistant dragon." Nightmare jumped into the air, and as Stark passed her, Nightmare focused her magic until the creature was about to swallow her. She then unleashed the magic in the form of a 2 meters in diameter beam that went completely through the beast.

The beast fell from the sky and with the help of Banner, who had transformed into the Hulk, Thor, and an explosive from Iron Man's suit, the three kept the leviathan from crushing them. Instead the beast was exploded in two by Iron Man and Thor pushed the upper section while Hulk pushed the lower section so each section fell on either side of the overpass. "HA-HA! It seems you have hidden your true power from us Lady Moon. After this, I request thee to join me in a sparring match! I have yet to face an opponent like you, and the experience would be quite excellent!" Thor said with a massive smile.

He hadn't forgotten the current situation they were in, but he just wasn't able to keep his younger side from showing after that show of power. Meanwhile, a bit of a ways away, Loki was looking at the killed leviathan with shock and dread. Nightmare wasn't even winded after that attack, from what he could see. "Bring in the rest, and focus on that horse." He breathed out, afraid that if he spoke any louder the horse would spot him.


The Watcher could only stare at this universe, enjoying this story immensely. While he wasn't allowed to interfere, that didn't mean he couldn't watch. However… The Watcher waves his hand to the side, light years moving past in seconds to show Nightmare's home world. The sun was significantly brighter, yet still moved as did the moon. He adored this character, finding a bit of himself within her. And yet, here she was, now the exact opposite of what she once was.

Oh, how he wished he could tell her that her sister was alright, that eventually they would be reunited. But he shouldn't, wouldn't, and couldn't. "I can only hope that Nightmare will be able to quell her sister's raging inferno of a broken heart, and help expel her demons." Watcher said to himself, moving away to check on the rest of the multiverse he was in charge of.